Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks. I like to switch it up but do like high volume some times.

As far as taking days off to recover, I have seen plenty of guys think more is better and have seen their physiques not progress.
    Originally Posted by pete89 View Post
    Congrats on the Pro Card. you look great for 44 or any age. I see your a fan of the high volume workouts, looks to be working well for you!

Its the cool thing now to be "hardcore" and #nodaysoff lol
    Originally Posted by Dasher1965 View Post
    G'day Chad. Keen to share your journey and continue to be inspired. Can't wait to share my own progress. Cheers mate.
    Bodybuilding Is The Closest Thing We Have To The Fountain Of Youth. Lee Labrada

soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    TIME TO CHECK BACK IN! - 10 / 30 / 14
    By the way, I want to plug this up front. Make sure you get some FREE LABRADA NUTRTION ***NEW*** PE1 PREWORKOUT SAMPLES HERE: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=164786701

It is Thursday and I have not updated in a few weeks. I am actually at my same calories I was 2 weeks ago at 3,700. I am at 306g protein/330g carbs/122 g fat. The big key to my success has been my consistency with my diet. I am not talking about taking a few days off. I don’t take days off. I might loosen up on a feeding but my calories and macros are dialed in and they have been this way for a long time. DIET IS THE KEY, workouts are a given.

I have gained another pound and slowly making gains. In this off season, I am continuing to monitor my body composition (ie waist line) to make sure it doesn’t get too out of hand. If it does, I will do a mini-cut to get back to where I want to be.

I am targeting Dallas Europa June 15th as my first IFBB show. Should I pick a smaller show for my first show? Maybe but I decided to go BIG. Why not?!! Carpe Diem (Cease the Day!) I will be 45 years old and competing against the BEST physiques in the world. I think it will be good to get thrown into the deep end real quick. That gives me 227 days or 32 weeks to be ready and 126 days to start getting contest ready. Should make a lot of improvements by then and will also set me up to do 3 shows in 2015. This is what I am aiming for.

Why not try to compete with Anton....a top 5 Mr Olympian
    Here was my workout last week:

Monday

EXERCISE
    Deadlift: 5 sets of 8-10 reps
    Straight-Arm Dumbbell Pullover: 5 sets of 8-10 reps
    Dumbbell shrug: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
    Behind-the-back barbell shrug: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
    Upright row: 3 sets of 8-10 reps

Tuesday
    EXERCISE
    EZ-Bar Curl: 3-4 sets of 12-15 reps
    Alternating Standing Dumbbell Curl: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Spider Curl: 3 sets of 10 reps
    One-Arm Machine Curl: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Hammer Curl: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Standing Calf Raise: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Seated Calf Raise: 3 sets of 10-12 reps

Wednesday
    EXERCISE
    Rope Pushdown: 3 warm-up sets of 10-12 reps
    Close-Grip Bench Press: 2-3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Machine Dip: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Straight-Bar Pushdown: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Lying Triceps Extension: 7 sets of 10-12 reps
    30 seconds rest between sets
    EZ-Bar Curl: 3-4 sets of 12-15 reps
    Alternating Standing Dumbbell Curl: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Spider Curl: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Machine Preacher Curls: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Reverse Barbell Curl: 3 sets of 10-12 reps

Thursday
    REST
    Friday
    EXERCISE
    Leg Extension: 4 sets of 10 reps
    Leg Press: 3 sets of 15-20 reps, Forced reps on final set
    Hack Squat: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
    Smith Machine Squat: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
    Stationary Barbell Lunge: 2 sets of 8 reps per leg
    Lying Leg Curl: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Seated Leg Curl: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Standing One-Leg Curl: 3 sets of 10 reps per leg

Saturday
    EXERCISE
    Smith Machine Press: 4 sets of 6-10 reps
    Side Lateral Raise: 4 sets of 10 reps
    Standing Front Barbell Raise Over Head:3 sets of 10 reps
    Seated Bent-Over Rear Delt Raise: 4 sets of 10 reps
    Cable Rear Delt Fly: 4 sets of 10 reps
    Standing Low-Pulley Deltoid Raise: 7 sets of 10 reps
    30 seconds rest between sets
    Barbell Shrug: 5 sets of 12 reps

These workouts have been really great! Very challenging and only doing each bodypart 1 time per week. I am recovering a lot better than doing each bodypart 2 times per week and bringing volume and intensity. The tough thing about this journey right now is the contest is so far away. I am very motivated to get on stage to be MY BEST but you have to make short term goals when your show is so far out. I am excited to do well.

TIP OF THE DAY:

Make sure you have balance in life. Make sure there isn't 1 thing in your life that rules your life (except for your relationship with God). If you let it rule your world you will rise and fall by it. The highs are great but they don't last long and the lows last a lot longer. Balance is key. If you need more balance in your life make sure you take a 1/2 day month to really reflect on your life and see what balance you need.

Now an opportunity to get FREE LABRADA NUTRITION products:

I do want to tell you Labrada Nutrition is giving away FREE SAMPLES to their ***NEW*** PE1 Preworkout. It is awesome! If you want a sample, follow the link and make sure you FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=164786701

Last edited by soccerdad5; 10-30-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Shoulders today early. I will be putting my workout for the week in later. I am also going to start doing a few YouTube videos and will post here. I hope everyone makes it a great Saturday. I know this isn't about diet or working out. Some of you might even be "offended" by me posting it and 25 years ago I would have been offended too. There is a spiritual side of me knowing God has given me a platform to spread His Good News. We have a God who loves us and He sent His one and only Son, Jesus to die for our sins. My relationship to God is more important than anything in the world. I hope it is for you too. Here was a Jesus Calling that was really good yesterday. I hope you enjoy.

CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by soccerdad5 View Post
    TIME TO CHECK BACK IN! - 10 / 30 / 14
    By the way, I want to plug this up front. Make sure you get some FREE LABRADA NUTRTION ***NEW*** PE1 PREWORKOUT SAMPLES HERE: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=164786701

It is Thursday and I have not updated in a few weeks. I am actually at my same calories I was 2 weeks ago at 3,700. I am at 306g protein/330g carbs/122 g fat. The big key to my success has been my consistency with my diet. I am not talking about taking a few days off. I don’t take days off. I might loosen up on a feeding but my calories and macros are dialed in and they have been this way for a long time. DIET IS THE KEY, workouts are a given.

I have gained another pound and slowly making gains. In this off season, I am continuing to monitor my body composition (ie waist line) to make sure it doesn’t get too out of hand. If it does, I will do a mini-cut to get back to where I want to be.

I am targeting Dallas Europa June 15th as my first IFBB show. Should I pick a smaller show for my first show? Maybe but I decided to go BIG. Why not?!! Carpe Diem (Cease the Day!) I will be 45 years old and competing against the BEST physiques in the world. I think it will be good to get thrown into the deep end real quick. That gives me 227 days or 32 weeks to be ready and 126 days to start getting contest ready. Should make a lot of improvements by then and will also set me up to do 3 shows in 2015. This is what I am aiming for.

The drive and determination your are proving time and time again is remarkable brother. You inspire me to focus on my nutrition that much more, that much better.

Keep it up. Hope to see you in the forums here. Enjoy following along.
    ▬▬۩ LABRADA NUTRITION REP ۩▬▬

Check out LABRADA @ http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/lab/lab.htm

SMILE BIG - LIFT BIGGER - LIVE LARGER!

Please feel free to email me regarding any questions about Labrada branded products.

ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColossusAce is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i really dont know how i havent seen this before. this is an epic thread my brother, and inspiration to all us guys wanting longevity in this sport..

SUBBED!
    Project superheavyweight #2015 # coached by a pro

http://instagram.com/darkniteace

www.youtube.com/colossusfitness101

http://twitter.com/DarkniteAce

My project superheavy weight log!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164749621

Thanks brother! I appreciate the support. Wish I knew what I did today when I was your age
    Originally Posted by ColossusAce View Post
    i really dont know how i havent seen this before. this is an epic thread my brother, and inspiration to all us guys wanting longevity in this sport..

SUBBED!

I get a lot of requests from people want my 1 minute chicken. Here is the link to it. This one has been my "go to" for 4 months. Wish I would have discovered the crock pot sooner:

www.********.com/video.php?v=418855471576686

pumped123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumped123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumped123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumped123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumped123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumped123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumped123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumped123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumped123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumped123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pumped123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Chad,just a quick question.Do you find that certain clean carbs are not as good as others for cutting weight?i can eat brows rice and oatmeal but as soon as I eat sweet potato I have trouble maintaining fat loss.Maybe its the natural sugar content even tho its low cal and clean as a carb source.

I am truly a calories in, calories out guy but do believe clean wholesome foods are the way to go. You definitely have to be in tune with your body and see how your body reacts to certain foods. If you do better on brown rice and oatmeal then go ahead and eat those. Just make sure it isn't the quantity you are eating that is stopping the fat loss on sweet potatoes.

Originally Posted by pumped123 View Post
    Chad,just a quick question.Do you find that certain clean carbs are not as good as others for cutting weight?i can eat brows rice and oatmeal but as soon as I eat sweet potato I have trouble maintaining fat loss.Maybe its the natural sugar content even tho its low cal and clean as a carb source.

I apologize for not updating this more frequently. I will give some detail explanations starting tomorrow. Making good progress on my lean bulk. I am at 210 now and trying to improve upper chest as well as rounding out the biceps. I have about 3 more months to make improvements then prep will be in full effect.

I will definitely be sharing with you a new carb protocol that I am using in my workouts creating some pretty insane pumps.

A few pics. Can still see a few abs but they are going quickly. Will continue to monitor waistline.

CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    LETS SEE THE MUSCLES..... Pumped to follow along.

Please feel free to email me regarding any questions about Labrada branded products.

Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Subbed!

After a long hiatus, I am posting again on my journal. I apologize for the long break. Been busy closing the year at work and hitting the off season where there is "no glory" but where the investment made here is what determines success tomorrow. I still at 3,700 calories 306g protein/330g carbs/122 g fat. I am up to 210 now and really haven't put that much fat on. Not even close to being stage ready but making really good improvements in my physique.

I sent in for some more critique from an IFBB judge and he said the same thing others told me. He told me I need to improve my upper chest and round out the shape of my biceps. He didn't say anything about my back but definitely need to improve that too.

I just finished 8 weeks of Jay Cutler Living Large. It was a really great workout. There is a lot of volume but one you should definitely try. These past few weeks I have been doing a hypertrophy high volume workout. I was amazed on how Doug Brignole has been in the game for so long and I reached out to him to get some advise before my last contest. He was awesome! The guy is an encyclopedia of amazing knowledge. He explained the science behind his article he wrote at Labrada Nutrition on the importance of training efficiency ( link here: http://www.labrada.com/blog/workouts...ng-efficiency/ ) I implement these particular workouts with a few variations into my workouts every 8 weeks or so. High volume but easier on the joints. Love the pumps this workout gives.

I will be starting a new workout next week with a new diet. I will trying a few different things in my diet where I will be changing up the macros a bit and also changing up the calories on my rest days. Will do a bit of calorie cycling even during my bulk period. I have about 3 more months of bulking and hope to get in the 215 mark without putting much fat on. It will be a challenge but if I continue to eat clean, push my workouts and recover properly (get good sleep), I should be able to do it.

I will also be sharing my pre and peri-workout nutrition that I truly believe has helped me recover better as well as get some amazing pumps in the gym. I will share that at the end of the week. I will share one picture today. The first picture you see was my first physique contest. I came in very conditioned but lacked muscle. The 2nd picture on the right besides having a better tan I definitely made improvements.

Remember, I don't do this full time. I am married have 5 kids and have a high stress job where I travel quite a bit. I am just a "normal" guy living his passion.

I also do transformation coaching so if you are interested in it, I will be running a new group on Sunday, December 7th. You can do this coaching from anywhere. I run it via conf call and Skype. If you are interested, feel free to email me at chadjacksonfitness@gmail.com

By the way, Labrada Nutrition is looking for you to do a min-log for 4-5 in the forum. If you do this Labrada will send you a 7 days worth of the new preworkout PE1 Details are here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1317584741 (Make sure you follow the directions).

Rest day for me today but lucky I made all my meals before I went on my trip. When I travel I make sure I have plenty of portable food as well as food that is cooked. I cook all my food before I leave, put it in ziplock baggies and put it in a carry on cooler. How do you keep the food cold on the plane? You put frozen green beans in the bag and the green beans act like ice. You get to the hotel room and put it in the refrigerator or you put the food on ice.

I also make sure I bring almonds, tuna packets and cherrios. I also have Labrada Lean Body MRP's with me just in case I cannot get access to my food. I put all my supplements into ziplock bags and label them then I put them in one big ziplock bag. I also always go to the grocerie store or drug store and get bottles of water so I always am hydrated. It is easy to get dehydrated on a plane while travelling.

Legs and arms early in the morning in Chicago Fitness 19. Should be good. Excited about the future.

Will be sharing my new workout next week.

If you have any questions for me or anything you would like to see on this journal let me know

On the road in Chicago and actually got 2 workouts in today. Why did I do 2 workouts today? Because I have an early flight out of Chicago and I want to spend time with my family tomorrow night. I haven't seen them since Monday. You have to be flexible and going "2 a days" is not a bad thing. I am still holding around 210 and might do a mini cut next week depending where my waist line measures next week. I had legs today where I did Squats in the hotel gym. I did high reps today. 50,40,30,20,15, 3 drops sets 10, 10, 10. The Marriott was actually a pretty decent setup. Here was the video of what the gym looked like.

http://www.********.com/video.php?v=...type=2&theater

I then did chest and back tonight and then went to dinner. Same rep scheme of 50, 40, 30, 20, 15, 3 drop sets 10, 10, 10. I did 4 exercises. Dumbell incline press, Straight Bar Bench Mid Rows, chest pulley and Lat pulldown. I did this workout quick and intense. It was a great pump. One thing that has really helped me is my nutrition during workouts. I mix Labrada BCAA, Labrada Power Carb (50 g of carbs), Labrada Glutamine take it about halfway through the workout . I train so much harder and have gotten stronger since I have gotten this right.

The next step is post workout. Just like intra workout, it's best taken as a liquid form. It's absorbed by the body so much quicker. The three main benefits to nutrition right after your workout is that it replenishes my glycogen stores, it decreases protein breakdown and also increases protein synthesis. I use 50 grams of carbs post workout, again this depends on my training volume.

My food has been pretty flexible this week but I did cook my food before going on this trip.

I had a decent week considering all the traveling I did the past week. I actually had to eat big yesterday (reefed) to get my weight back up to 209. I ate a big pizza at BJ's last night with my family. I have been fairly consistent with my diet but have strayed here and there. On Tuesday, I will be bringing a lot more discipline to my diet. Really dialed in. I have been in the 3,700 calorie range pretty much every day. I don’t actually think that this is the right way to go through a lean bulk. It works the first 4-6 weeks but your body doesn’t respond as well after that. I have made some great gains but think I could make more by cycling my calories. On my rest days, I will be lowering my calories and carbs. I will be posting my macros and calories for the week in the next few days. I want to put on about 5 lbs more until I start cutting for my first show of 2015. My show prep will start at the first of March where I will start be in a calorie deficit. I have plenty of calories to play with this prep. Hope to be in good enough shape to be able to add calories in the last weeks before my show in June.

I have been doing high rep hypertrophy workouts doing a body part 2 x per week for the past 2 weeks. The rep range is 50, 40, 30, 20, 15 and then sometimes do drop sets 10, 10, 10. You only do 2 – 3 exercises per body part using this rep scheme. Huge pumps and really helps my joints heal after doing heavier weights the week before.

Will be changing the workouts up next week and will post what they are. I will also show you what has really helped me. This is intra workout nutrition. I have been doing this for the past 2 weeks and it has made all the difference in the world. This is the products I have been doing during my workout.

Will be traveling today to Indianapolis and will really dial into the new diet the coming week.

Everyone is looking for the magic workout, the magic supplement or the magic diet. I want to leave you with this quote where you will get your success.

"Consistency is the "true north" indicator of any successful athlete. All forms of learning and personal development depend on regular repetition, and resistance training is no exception. Even the world's most perfect program would utterly fail without sufficient consistency. Likewise, consistent application to a sub-par program will deliver the results in spades." Charles Staley

If you are looking to try a new pre-workout there is an opportunity to sample a 7 day free supply of Labrada Nutrition PE1. If you are interested click on the link here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...5326891&page=1 and make sure you follow the directions. Good luck!
    Last edited by soccerdad5; 12-07-2014 at 09:52 AM.

markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looking forward to the updates and the intra workout nutrition.

Thanks Chad!
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ TWINLAB FUEL TEAM MILITIA member 2014 ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

I have been doing high rep hypertrophy workouts doing a body part 2 x per week for the past 2 weeks. The rep range is 50, 40, 30, 20, 15 and then sometimes do drop sets 10, 10, 10. You only do 2 – 3 exercises per body part using this rep scheme. Huge pumps and really helps my joints heal after doing heavier weights the week before.
    I remember using this protocol for a short period of time. Was a great workout for me. Really feel the pump. Look forward the journey.

You are doing it right. The consistency on diet and workouts is commendable brother! MUCH RESPECT. Personally I have yet to be consistent for longer then a week.

It's time to put up or shut up. Thank you for being a leader, helps me strive for my goals.

Thanks brother. Definitely want to pick your brain on inter workout supplementation. Been reading a lot about it from Mark Coles and Milos Sarcev. Been recovering a lot better and getting better pumps with it.
    Originally Posted by ChuckLabrada View Post
    I remember using this protocol for a short period of time. Was a great workout for me. Really feel the pump. Look forward the journey.

You are doing it right. The consistency on diet and workouts is commendable brother! MUCH RESPECT. Personally I have yet to be consistent for longer then a week.

It's time to put up or shut up. Thank you for being a leader, helps me strive for my goals.

Markasparks congrats on winning the min log contest for PE1. Looking forward to your submission. Will definitely share with you how this is working. It has worked really well so far. Mark Coles talks a lot about it.

Originally Posted by markasparks View Post
    Looking forward to the updates and the intra workout nutrition.

Thanks Chad!

Thanks brother. Definitely want to pick your brain on inter workout supplementation. Been reading a lot about it from Mark Coles and Milos Sarcev. Been recovering a lot better and getting better pumps with it.
    Lets line up a lunch meat head brainstorming party then! YEAH BUDDY!

Back in Houston and it wasn’t a good 2 days of diet and exercise but that is okay just as I explained in my ******** video post: http://www.********.com/video.php?v=...type=2&theater The good news is I lost 1lb. The bad news is that I am on a “lean bulk.” I had to eat a little “dirtier” on my trip to keep up my calories. I do think the quality of your calories make a difference in your body composition. I do believe in “flexible dieting” to a certain extent but I think the fuel you feed your body has an impact on how your body runs as well as what your physique looks like. The good news is my metabolism is humming right now. If I don’t take in 3,700 calories then I lose weight. This kind of disgust my wife on how much food I am eating and how I just treat it as a feeding but this is the way it is right now.

I got a good leg workout in today until my wife texted me when I was in the gym saying I needed to take my daughter to school in 10 minutes. I could have said “no” but I decided this was important to my wife in not having to get her to take her. I will finish my quads and calves tonight. Sometimes you do have to adapt your workouts and make sure you are putting things “first” even though this competing is high on my list it is not everything.

This is my workout today:

Lying leg curl 8+8+8 2 sets 8 toes in, 8 toes out, 8 toes neutral
    Barbell front squat (full range) 6 – 8 4 sets
    Glute ham raise 8 – 10 3 sets
    Leg press feet low 10 – 12 4 sets
    Romanian deadlift 15 – 20 3 sets
    Leg extension 20 – 25 2 sets
    Standing calf raise 10 ‐ 12 6 sets

I did some food preps for 2 days late last night. I needed to get some “cadence” back. Turkey and basmati rice. Will add green beans to it and have coconut oil or almonds as my fats. Still hitting 3,700 cals each day. Will be cycling my calories in my off days next week.

Also, thank goodness I got my Labrada supplements in yesterday. Will show you what I am currently taking tomorrow.

markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Markasparks congrats on winning the min log contest for PE1. Looking forward to your submission. Will definitely share with you how this is working. It has worked really well so far. Mark Coles talks a lot about it.
    Thanks Chad, looking forward to the PE1 mini log, loved the samples. I checked out some of Mark Coles videos and other content, going to have to invest some time learning more from him. Great information.
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ TWINLAB FUEL TEAM MILITIA member 2014 ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dang cant believe i am burly seeing this.
    always impressed with chads work so much dedication

Thanks brother! I wish I would have told you about this earlier!
    Originally Posted by fast00 View Post
    dang cant believe i am burly seeing this.
    always impressed with chads work so much dedication

Wednesday, 12/10/15 Chest and shoulders day!

12/10/14 Wednesday, Chest and Shoulders
    It was an early day for me today. I woke up at 3:30 and couldn’t go back to bed. A lot weighing on my mind at work. I also notice when I don’t take my calcium/magnesium before bed, I sleep a lot lighter. I went ahead and worked out. This devotional from Jesus Calling really helped me out:

Worked out early and this is what it looked like:
    Flat bench press 6 – 8 4 sets
    Pec dec (peak contraction for 2 seconds) 10 – 12 3 sets
    45 degree barbell bench press (no lock out) 8 – 10 3 sets
    30 degree incline dumbbell press 10 ‐12 3 sets
    Dumbbell flat flyes (palms facing) 15 – 20 3 sets
    Rear delt cable flyes (2 sec hold at peak contraction)20 – 25 2 sets
    Seated dumbbell shoulder press (thumbs facing) 10 – 12 4 sets
    Tri Set (3 sets)
    Plate front raise (just above eye height)
    Wide grip upright row (flair elbows)
    Standing dumbbell lateral raise (light)

This workout was a killer. When you switch it up and do something you haven’t done before that is the way it happens. This is a new workout for me and usually start out light but the way this workout was set up, I went heavy at the beginning. This was a mistake. Shoulders really started hurting and could feel them. I need to warm up a lot more if I am going to set up this way.

I have been really good making sure I don’t get hurt and that I work my way into the workout. When you wake up early in the morning and you are a bit dehydrated and you go into a cold gym, you have to make sure you are warmed up. I always start out in a jacket no matter if it is summer or winter to get the blood flowing and get a sweat. I will shed it off after I get a good sweat going.

Here were my monthly supplements that came in. ProV60 is the best tasting protein out there and has a great blend. I have been taking this for over a year and has helped me tremendously. I am addicted to Labrada HICA Max. I have a craving for it. I take that in the morning when I wake up, after my workout and before I go to sleep.

Here was me after my workout today. It is funny when I looked at myself in the mirror, I said, “you look skinny.” Then I had a guy come up to me who hasn’t seen me in a long time and said “wow, you have bulked up.” It is interesting how you perceive yourself. I am 20 lbs heavier than when I was on stage so I should know I am bigger. This is why it helps to have a coach or to make sure you at least take measurements on the scale, take waist measurement and take pictures. This will help you evaluate what you look like.

Early workout again this morning. Chest and shoulders were very sore today. Had back and abs today. Haven’t been doing too much abs lately. Will really start hitting abs again at the first of the year. I have done no cardio during this lean bulk phase. I am currently having a tough time getting down 3,700 calories with clean food. Might have to mix it up a bit and put some “dirty” calories in there because I am going to be going up in calories next week.

Here was my back and ab workout today:

Seated close grip cable row 12 – 15 3 sets
    Bent over bench heavy dumbbell row 6 – 8 4 sets
    Bent over wide grip barbell row 10 – 12 4 sets
    Barbell heavy shrug 8 – 10 4 sets
    Cable face pull 15 – 20 3 sets
    Hanging leg raise 10 – 12 2 sets
    Loaded ab crunch on swiss ball (get a full
    stretch over the back of the ball)
    10 ‐ 12 2 sets with dumbbell on chest

Since I workout in the morning, I try to get 1 liter of water in me before I workout. This is a lot of water but I truly believe it has helped me avoid injury in the morning. I think a lot of pulls and tears happen because people aren’t hydrated enough.

Still sitting at 210 but do feel like I am putting on muscle. The tough thing about this part of the season is you don’t look anything like you do on stage. That is okay because I know come July I will. I had to remind myself of this today. I have come a long way from this (embarrassing--31 months ago):

TO THIS (FOR THROWBACK THURSDAY--earlier this year) YEE HA!! Giddy up!

12/14/15

A very busy week going to Indy on Sunday night and then a very busy and stressful week at work with lots of projects and deadlines. Lots of kids activities yesterday and transformation coaching from 1-5 pm today. I only prepared meals for 2 days during the week. I became very reactive about my feedings this week. I got in the 3,700 range but on Friday was too tired to eat so ended up losing 4 lbs. I made it up on Saturday eating 2 “dirty” meals. I don’t like to do this but it was necessary to get to where I need to go during this lean bulk. I felt this week was where I took a step back but that is okay. My consistency has been the key to my success and will get consistency back next week.

Here is the beginning of my food prep tonight:

If you want to find out how to make Chad Jackson’s 1 minute chicken, here you go:

www.********.com/video.php?v=418855471576686

I am really concentrating on time under tension as well as the eccentric part of the lift.

Workout on Friday:
    Incline dumbbell chest press 10 ‐12 4 sets
    B Decline dumbbell chest press 8 – 10 3 sets
    C Flat bench cable flyes (palms facing) 12 – 15 3 sets
    D Stretch press ups (use a box either side of you) 2 sets As many reps as possible
    E Machine shoulder press (pump) 10 – 12 4 sets
    F Side lying bench lateral raise 12 – 15 3 sets
    Bent over barbell row to neck (wide grip) 10-12 3 sets
    Band pull a parts 25 3 sets

Workout on Saturday:

Spider curls 8 – 10 3 sets
    Concentration curls 10 – 12 3 sets
    Standing cable curls with straight bar 10-12 3 sets superset
    Rope hammer curls 15-20 3 sets
    Single arm rope press downs 12 – 15 3 sets
    Ez bar over head press 8 – 10 3 sets
    Straight bar reverse press downs 10-12 3 sets superset
    Rope press downs (flair elbows) 15-20 3 sets
    Standing calf raise (one set to get 100 reps out) 100 as few sets as possible
    Seated calf raise 25 x 4 sets

Tip of the day:

If there is anything you should prep before the week it is your protein. You can figure out your carbs and fats pretty easily but protein is always tougher. Here is an easy way to make your chicken for the week that is very flavorful. I call it Chad Jackson's 1 Minute Chicken. www.********.com/video.php?v=418855471576686
    Last edited by soccerdad5; 12-14-2014 at 06:30 PM.

I see some size creeping up there around the shoulders. Hard work does pay off..... go figure hahaha.