dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gold Standard 100% Whey

Hey everyone,

I've been taking Gold Standard 100% Whey for a while now, just ran out and decided to do some research to see if there is something better out there or better tasting? I've been drinking the mocha cappuccino for just as long. Don't mind the taste, but if there's something better out there I'd love to know.

Is there a better overall protein out there? And which would it be? Flavor?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    IMO there is lots of better tasting proteins out there that are still high in quality. Check out Select, Protogen, SAN Titanium Whey, Whey-HD, ProNom just to name a few
    Iron Hyde Apparel
    @IronHyde_Apparel
    www.ironhydeapparel.com
    10% off for forum members. PM me for code

"The best activities for your health are pumping and humping."

andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nothing wrong with ON- Extreme milk Choc is very good.

Here is some of my top choices along with flavors based on profile/quality

BioX Whey - Chocoalte PeanutSwirl, Chocolate (Both taste fantastic with great texture)
    CorWhey - CorFetti, MC, CS
    XF2.0 - Any Flavor
    Muscle-Tech Platnium/P8 - MC, PBC
    Whey-HD - Choc Cookie, BMP
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/photos/view-user-photos/158620

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ON fanboy checking in. I almost always use ON whey and have for about 10 years. However, whenever I see another brand with a decent price I usually will try something else out as well - just for a little variety.

If you are a chocolate person you may love TSN's chocolate ice cream flavor whey http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/to...y-protein.html

I always liked ON double chocolate and I think this TSN flavor is quite excellent - especially mixed up with a little cold milk.

Cheers!

Pohnjark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pohnjark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pohnjark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pohnjark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pohnjark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pohnjark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pohnjark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pohnjark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pohnjark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pohnjark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pohnjark has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Muscle pharm, cheaper, cookies and cream or bananas and cream
    Nutrex's whey taste pretty good too. Like coffee creamer and has vitamins mixed in.

Progress not Perfection Sebsmash14's Avatar
    Sebsmash14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebsmash14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebsmash14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebsmash14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebsmash14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebsmash14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebsmash14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebsmash14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebsmash14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebsmash14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sebsmash14 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The synths-6 chocolate is like candy
    Started 9/13 @ 155lbs and 20% bf

Now: 12/14 @ 180 11-12%bf
    Bench: 195
    Deadlift: 350
    Squat: 285

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Sebsmash14 View Post
    The synths-6 chocolate is like candy
    Is that a good thing? You mean it's super sweet?

dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dirty moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How is Cellucor? And what flavor?

JamieMuz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JamieMuz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JamieMuz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JamieMuz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JamieMuz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JamieMuz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JamieMuz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JamieMuz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JamieMuz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JamieMuz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JamieMuz is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    International protein synergy 5 Choc Banana, Cookies and Cream or Vanilla have brilliant flavours, it's what I'm having now plus I got some left over ON Whey Double Choc

IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    dymatize elite 100% whey protein!!

i used to only use ON and I've found a new home with dymatize.. forever...
    ••• Xtend Representative •••

⇒Xtend Store Link <http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sv/sv.htm>

Originally Posted by IlliniTrack800m View Post
    dymatize elite 100% whey protein!!

i used to only use ON and I've found a new home with dymatize.. forever...
    What flavor?

IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IlliniTrack800m has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dirty moose View Post
    What flavor?
    yes = buy without a thought
    maybe = buy once in a while
    no = wouldn't buy again
    ? = haven't tried yet

Dymatize Elite 100% Whey Protein (Best->Worst):
    1 - Cookies & Cream [Yes]
    2 - Cinnamon Bun [Yes]
    3 - Strawberry Blast [Yes]
    4 - Chocolate Mint [Yes]
    5 - Cafe Mocha (Caffeinated) [No] <------ Won't buy it again b/c it has 100mg per scoop. Otherwise the flavor is great, hence rated 5th
    6 - Chocolate Fudge [Yes]
    7 - Butter Cream Toffee [Maybe]
    8 - Smooth Banana [Maybe]
    9 - Gourmet Vanilla [Maybe]
    10 - Rich Chocolate [?]
    11 - Pina Colada [?]

5lb tubs are already very well priced, but the ABSOLUTE best time to buy it is when the 2lb tubs are buy 2 get 1 free and then stack on the 10% promotional code.

You get 6lbs of protein, including shipping, for $51.60 in up to 3 different flavors if you want at a $/g protein of approx. $0.02752 per gram of protein

high quality, great taste, no amino spiking.
    give it a try you might end up like me and switch permanently lol
    Last edited by IlliniTrack800m; 09-21-2014 at 10:33 PM.
    ••• Xtend Representative •••

⇒Xtend Store Link <http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sv/sv.htm>

Originally Posted by IlliniTrack800m View Post
    yes = buy without a thought
    maybe = buy once in a while
    no = wouldn't buy again
    ? = haven't tried yet

Dymatize Elite 100% Whey Protein (Best->Worst):
    1 - Cookies & Cream [Yes]
    2 - Cinnamon Bun [Yes]
    3 - Strawberry Blast [Yes]
    4 - Chocolate Mint [Yes]
    5 - Cafe Mocha (Caffeinated) [No] <------ Won't buy it again b/c it has 100mg per scoop. Otherwise the flavor is great, hence rated 5th
    6 - Chocolate Fudge [Yes]
    7 - Butter Cream Toffee [Maybe]
    8 - Smooth Banana [Maybe]
    9 - Gourmet Vanilla [Maybe]
    10 - Rich Chocolate [?]
    11 - Pina Colada [?]

5lb tubs are already very well priced, but the ABSOLUTE best time to buy it is when the 2lb tubs are buy 2 get 1 free and then stack on the 10% promotional code.

You get 6lbs of protein, including shipping, for $51.60 in up to 3 different flavors if you want at a $/g protein of approx. $0.02752 per gram of protein

high quality, great taste, no amino spiking.
    give it a try you might end up like me and switch permanently lol
    Wow thanks for lay all that out! I'm going to grab a 2lb tub are see how it goes. I'm going to order tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think.

Matt

Have any opinions on pre work outs? I'm currently using White Flood Reborn. I'm almost done with it.

kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I love MyProteins Cookies and Cream flavor. Tastes so good with milk and water and is so good when making protein pancakes.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Representative
    Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com

Fuel Your Ambition!

Originally Posted by dirty moose View Post
    Wow thanks for lay all that out! I'm going to grab a 2lb tub are see how it goes. I'm going to order tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think.

Matt
    Ordered on Monday afternoon, got it Tuesday morning right as I was leaving for the gym. How perfect was that?

Got the Cafe Mocha flavor and threw a scoop and a half in with about 12 oz for 2% milk. It felt a little lighter and less sweet on the Gold Standard. Little bit of an after taste. Got drink a few more before I deiced how much I like it.

newboynoob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newboynoob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newboynoob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newboynoob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newboynoob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newboynoob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newboynoob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newboynoob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newboynoob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newboynoob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newboynoob has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I am currently using ON as well, was looking at Dymatize Elite as it is 20% cheaper than ON at where I usually get it and hope to get some advice. My major concerns are:

1. Quality. I understand that some protein powders have "amino-spiking", is this present in Dymatize?
    2. Mixabilty and taste in water alone. ON is good enough in terms of both mixability in iced water and taste in water alone for me personally. How does dymatize compare?
    3. Digestability. I am lactose intolerant but the extent is that i can take ON well usually. How does Dymatize compare regarding this?