OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I Got 3rd Place At my First Strongman Meet (vids) (GTFIH)

I did the Battle at the Marina 2 in Sparks, NV yesterday and got 3rd in the mens middle weight. Feels fuarkin good brahs. I felt like a king yesterday. I didnt expect to place at all, which made it even better. I only have vids of the last two events, I forgot to record the first three.

Events:

1: Medley
    -Sprint 50ft from the sled to the 185lb keg/150lb farmers handle
    -Sprint back with the keg and load it onto sled
    -Sprint back and grab farmers handle, then sprint to sled and load it on
    -drag heavy azz sled back 50ft to finish line.
    -I dont remember my time, do to me puking my brains out after this. I wanted to die it was so hard.

2: 185lb Log Press For reps
    -Wasnt recovered from medley
    -cleaned it up 4 times, but couldnt press it

3: 23lb Crucifix Hold
    -I lasted 42 seconds

4: 455lb Yoke Walk
    -Had trouble keeping it from not swinging.

5: Semi Truck pull
    -Don't remember my time
    -First time pulling a truck, my technique sucked.

I sweat BCAAs and sea H2O JoeyTS's Avatar
    JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeyTS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    awesome man!
    Upper/Lower program write-up:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160554001&p=1215242691&viewfull=1#post1215242691

DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavoBC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sweet! Nice work. What did your training look like leading up to the event?

OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldBobScoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DavoBC View Post
    Sweet! Nice work. What did your training look like leading up to the event?
    I was doing 5/3/1 prior to the meet, but adding in log press instead of military press. I would occasionally add in farmers walks, keg press, and other stuff if I was feeling up to it. I definitely didnt do enough cardio before hand, which killed my time on the medley. Gonna add in prowler sprints and sled drags (or other stuff) to get my work capacity up. I ate a fuarkton leading up to the meet too. I gained 6+ lbs in two days, from weigh in to meet, lol.

BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congratulations! Strongman competitions are a blast, and they get addictive. Looks like you're off to a good start.

For the yoke, try holding the sides next time instead of the top like in a squat. For me holding the sides always made it a lot easier to stabilize as I was walking.

For the pull, get low next time. The more of an angle you are to the ground, the easier the pull is. For me I always got the most strength out of a pull when I felt like I was about to fall flat on my face.

If you don't have a log yet, it's one of the best investments you can make if you want to get serious about strongman. I'd say a log, a yoke, farmer's implements, and a good sized stone are essential implements for any strongman competitor.

CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50) CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50) CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50) CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50) CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50) CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50) CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50) CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50) CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50) CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50) CerebralZen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great Job!
    Never Give Up

McChillBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McChillBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McChillBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McChillBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McChillBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McChillBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McChillBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McChillBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McChillBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Congrats!

Originally Posted by BushcraftAl View Post
    Congratulations! Strongman competitions are a blast, and they get addictive. Looks like you're off to a good start.

For the yoke, try holding the sides next time instead of the top like in a squat. For me holding the sides always made it a lot easier to stabilize as I was walking.

For the pull, get low next time. The more of an angle you are to the ground, the easier the pull is. For me I always got the most strength out of a pull when I felt like I was about to fall flat on my face.

If you don't have a log yet, it's one of the best investments you can make if you want to get serious about strongman. I'd say a log, a yoke, farmer's implements, and a good sized stone are essential implements for any strongman competitor.
    I have short chicken arms and I can barely hold onto the sides. Feels bad mane. The truck pull felt so weird when I was trying to get low. I felt that I was low enough doing it, but watching the video Im like wtf? I was almost standing up. I had been training for the log press, but I was just fried from the medley. Puking my brains out didnt help things either. My cardio was complete crud. That's one big thing Im gonna work on.

BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50) BushcraftAl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by OldBobScoo View Post
    I have short chicken arms and I can barely hold onto the sides. Feels bad mane. The truck pull felt so weird when I was trying to get low. I felt that I was low enough doing it, but watching the video Im like wtf? I was almost standing up. I had been training for the log press, but I was just fried from the medley. Puking my brains out didnt help things either. My cardio was complete crud. That's one big thing Im gonna work on.
    I'm the opposite, I have long knuckledragger arms for my size so it was always really uncomfortable for me to hold the top bar of the yoke. Yeah we all do the same the first pull or two. I helped myself a lot by doing car pushes with a buddy of mine and getting as low as I could on the car push so I'd know whereabouts I'd want to be while I was doing it. I never won a truck pull, but I always placed decently after that.

Cardio was one thing that I thought gave me an advantage. I tended to be a smaller guy (~180 pounds competing in the under-200 most of the time) but since I was in the military and ran a lot and trained martial arts, some guys may have been stronger than me but because I had more gas in the tank I could hang with a lot of different events. I noticed the difference when I decided to bulk and got up to around 225 and noticed how fat and slow I felt.

grandmoloch is a name known to all. (+5000) grandmoloch is a name known to all. (+5000) grandmoloch is a name known to all. (+5000) grandmoloch is a name known to all. (+5000) grandmoloch is a name known to all. (+5000) grandmoloch is a name known to all. (+5000) grandmoloch is a name known to all. (+5000) grandmoloch is a name known to all. (+5000) grandmoloch is a name known to all. (+5000) grandmoloch is a name known to all. (+5000) grandmoloch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Congratulations dude. Those events look fun.
    I'm gonna make it
    600/424/683