Reply
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Registered User LevonEraze's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2014
    Age: 23
    Posts: 55
    Rep Power: 86
    LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    LevonEraze is offline

    Does wide hips automatically make you an Endo?

    Sorry for bringing this whole somatotype topic again, don't want to cause any arguments but just wanted to ask, in description of 3 it states that endos will have wide shoulders and wide hips, so i you have got wide hips does it actually make you an endomorph? My hips for example are not narrow, neither they are wide, I would say just average may-be a bit leaning towards wide. I always feel tight in trousers, and there is no fat on my hips, its all muscles which I absolutely hate. Never did my legs that much and yet they are so muscular that unless I wear sport-suits it will always feel tight around my glutes.

    Thanks for any feedback.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Medieval Brah TruKnight's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Posts: 4,921
    Rep Power: 17553
    TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TruKnight is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    TruKnight is offline
    strict somatotypes do not exist, all parts are a mix and match and everything is on a slider bar.

    sounds like you just need different pants.

    so based on your name, you sir are a Levomorph, make the best of whatever you have =)
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Banned Ronskie's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2013
    Posts: 995
    Rep Power: 0
    Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ronskie is offline
    No you're not ecto, endo or meso. Somatotypes have been proven to be wrong and everything depends on your genetics and lifestyle.

    So if you think you're an ecto guy, you're not. Anyone could be an ecto if they all have the same lifestyle.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User LevonEraze's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2014
    Age: 23
    Posts: 55
    Rep Power: 86
    LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    LevonEraze is offline
    Originally Posted by Ronskie View Post
    No you're not ecto, endo or meso. Somatotypes have been proven to be wrong and everything depends on your genetics and lifestyle.

    So if you think you're an ecto guy, you're not. Anyone could be an ecto if they all have the same lifestyle.
    I actually thought that I am an endo but sports coach keeps telling me that I am a meso(never worked out and already have chest, legs, calves/everything big except biceps and triceps) But because I had wide hips and used to have passive lifestyle developed wide hips and started to think that I am an endo.
    Thanks for feedback though.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Platinum Account Member OregonBaller's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2011
    Posts: 2,622
    Rep Power: 12002
    OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OregonBaller is offline
    I disagree with others in the thread. I 100% believe somatotypes exist. The misconception is that people belong strictly to one category (e.g. Purely endomorph) where is reality, people tend to fall into itermediate levels on the spectrum.

    There is not a single trait that would place you on the spectrum. This means that while you may in fact be a/fall closer to the endomorph end of the range, it's not simply because you have wide hips, nor is it ever because of a single factor. Your placement in the somatotype range is due to a multitude of factors as they pertain to your natural body structure.
    *Thanks UltraThunderMan Crew*
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    no fat gainz Juiss's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2013
    Posts: 416
    Rep Power: 146
    Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Juiss is offline
    Originally Posted by OregonBaller View Post
    I disagree with others in the thread. I 100% believe somatotypes exist. The misconception is that people belong strictly to one category (e.g. Purely endomorph) where is reality, people tend to fall into itermediate levels on the spectrum.
    Well then I have but one question for you, sir.
    What do you call someone with extremely wide hips, extremely narrow shoulders and the ability to put on muscle by just looking at a 45?
    forever switching between red and green crew
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Banned Ronskie's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2013
    Posts: 995
    Rep Power: 0
    Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ronskie is offline
    Originally Posted by LevonEraze View Post
    I actually thought that I am an endo but sports coach keeps telling me that I am a meso(never worked out and already have chest, legs, calves/everything big except biceps and triceps) But because I had wide hips and used to have passive lifestyle developed wide hips and started to think that I am an endo.
    Thanks for feedback though.
    You already have bigger chest, legs, etc. because you are physically active.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User MitchyDee's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2013
    Age: 23
    Posts: 988
    Rep Power: 103
    MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    MitchyDee is offline
    Body types are not even a thing. All they are is an excuse people use for this or that. They don't change ****, bar some mechanical things that are going to be different for EVERY person.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Honey Badger DanielHutch's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2014
    Location: Hartlepool, Cleveland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 3,655
    Rep Power: 0
    DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    DanielHutch is offline
    Originally Posted by LevonEraze View Post
    Sorry for bringing this whole somatotype topic again, don't want to cause any arguments but just wanted to ask, in description of 3 it states that endos will have wide shoulders and wide hips, so i you have got wide hips does it actually make you an endomorph? My hips for example are not narrow, neither they are wide, I would say just average may-be a bit leaning towards wide. I always feel tight in trousers, and there is no fat on my hips, its all muscles which I absolutely hate. Never did my legs that much and yet they are so muscular that unless I wear sport-suits it will always feel tight around my glutes.

    Thanks for any feedback.
    I don't believe in them to some extent however I do think we can categorize people as broad etc. like myself. I'm quite short and stocky and have great shoulders and back that are very wide. I've been told I'm a classic endo but you know
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Registered User Andregood's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Location: Sweden
    Age: 24
    Posts: 1,844
    Rep Power: 2161
    Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000)
    Andregood is offline
    Originally Posted by Juiss View Post
    Well then I have but one question for you, sir.
    What do you call someone with extremely wide hips, extremely narrow shoulders and the ability to put on muscle by just looking at a 45?
    zach zeiler
    20 is just a number. I'm still moving your threads to tmisc....signed, your favorite mod

    I'm 21 now, who's laughing now

    6 plates squat crew
    120kg ohp for reps crew
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User Sn0we's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2014
    Posts: 100
    Rep Power: 0
    Sn0we has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Sn0we is offline
    I thought I was an endo , grown up overweight. I get the image in my head I have wide hips but I'm fairly positive when I get to 10% bodyfat they will sort themselves out lol
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Registered User LevonEraze's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2014
    Age: 23
    Posts: 55
    Rep Power: 86
    LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    LevonEraze is offline
    Originally Posted by Ronskie View Post
    You already have bigger chest, legs, etc. because you are physically active.
    Quite opposite, I wasn't active last 3 years, I ate once or twice in a day and it was either pringles or haribo. I was never active before and I still have muscles.
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    Registered User Manliness1's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Age: 26
    Posts: 521
    Rep Power: 120
    Manliness1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manliness1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manliness1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manliness1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manliness1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manliness1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manliness1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manliness1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manliness1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manliness1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Manliness1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Manliness1 is offline
    If you have wide hips and wide shoulders, then this would be a borderline between endomorph and mesomorph. However, if someone has wide hips and shoulders narrower or as wide, then yes that would be more inclined to the endomorphic category.

    Ectomorphs on the other hand have narrow shoulders and narrow hips. Thus , even though their hips are narrow, their upper body is not broad enough to show a distinction between the two.

    I hope this makes sense.

    Overall, since you've stated you have wide shoulders and average hips, I'd classify you as a mesomorph.
    Wide clavicles instantly put you in the mesomorph group even if you a high body fat.

    Soma types are seriously relating to bone structure because all 3 body types can have fat distribution. It's usually the relationship between the clavicle and ilium.
    Reply With Quote

  14. #14
    tfw crazy ex gf Tredeh's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2011
    Location: United States
    Posts: 949
    Rep Power: 256
    Tredeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tredeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tredeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tredeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tredeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tredeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tredeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tredeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tredeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tredeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tredeh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tredeh is offline
    Here's a photo from when I started lifting. Wide hip bones, but obviously more ectomorphic than endomorphic.
    Feel free to rep if I help you
    Fell off the lifting wagon. Back on as of 12/15.
    Reply With Quote

  15. #15
    Registered User LevonEraze's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2014
    Age: 23
    Posts: 55
    Rep Power: 86
    LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10) LevonEraze is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    LevonEraze is offline
    Originally Posted by Manliness1 View Post
    If you have wide hips and wide shoulders, then this would be a borderline between endomorph and mesomorph. However, if someone has wide hips and shoulders narrower or as wide, then yes that would be more inclined to the endomorphic category.

    Ectomorphs on the other hand have narrow shoulders and narrow hips. Thus , even though their hips are narrow, their upper body is not broad enough to show a distinction between the two.

    I hope this makes sense.

    Overall, since you've stated you have wide shoulders and average hips, I'd classify you as a mesomorph.
    Wide clavicles instantly put you in the mesomorph group even if you a high body fat.

    Soma types are seriously relating to bone structure because all 3 body types can have fat distribution. It's usually the relationship between the clavicle and ilium.
    The only reason I am fat tbh is because of my lifestyler, and IMHO any ectomorph would have gotten fat if he did what I did with my diet. The reason I store fat in my ass is also to do with the fact that I used to drink estrogenic based tablets and they have enabled me to have fat cells and store fat in womanly places. I was never fat before as a kid. Again my whole family is a mesomorph, I have the widest hips in my family, even my mom . That is the reason I was wondering whether that automatically makes me an endo. I am still growing anyway so my shoulders will become even bigger. I also have pretty big legs, never really worked out(not fat,muscles) can't wear skinny jeans. My shoulders are pretty small atm and its the bone itself that is bigger.
    Reply With Quote

  16. #16
    Honey Badger DanielHutch's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2014
    Location: Hartlepool, Cleveland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 3,655
    Rep Power: 0
    DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DanielHutch is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    DanielHutch is offline
    Originally Posted by Tredeh View Post
    Here's a photo from when I started lifting. Wide hip bones, but obviously more ectomorphic than endomorphic.
    Then there's my endo shoulder thickness of love

    http://gyazo.com/5beaa5ded8b12b73f69fa705d84247b2
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts