Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000)

What boxing gloves should I get?

I'm most likely gonna join boxing this week and was wondering what gloves you guys recommend. Do I need only 1 pair? Can you use the same pair for sparring/bag work or are there special gloves that are used for sparring/bag work?

Cleto Reyes and Rival seem to be the best from the research I have done, but kinda pricey. Anyone know how durable and what the life span is on Cleto Reyes and Rival gloves? How does the durability and glove in general compare to other brands? Is it worth the investment?

ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000)
    theres many questions that we would need to know before giving you a answer. like are you planning on doing this long term? is it as a hobby? or are you planning to go pro? if you're just doing this as a hobby the Reyes gloves (16 oz IMO will be best weight) will be fine. can't comment on Rival since I've had no experience with them. If you are planning on taking this serious id suggest two pairs of gloves one for sparring and another for everything else. Sparring gloves are average 16 oz and a smaller pair like 10-12 for everything else like hitting bags. If planning on going pro or taking this srsly Winning are hands down the best from what i have experienced. Downside is that they are phucking expensive.
    *misc boxing crew
    *misc muay thai crew
    *misc manlet crew

An ankle wrap in my Avi not a sock

Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000) Cesarbruh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ilykejordans View Post
    theres many questions that we would need to know before giving you a answer. like are you planning on doing this long term? is it as a hobby? or are you planning to go pro? if you're just doing this as a hobby the Reyes gloves (16 oz IMO will be best weight) will be fine. can't comment on Rival since I've had no experience with them. If you are planning on taking this serious id suggest two pairs of gloves one for sparring and another for everything else. Sparring gloves are average 16 oz and a smaller pair like 10-12 for everything else like hitting bags. If planning on going pro or taking this srsly Winning are hands down the best from what i have experienced. Downside is that they are phucking expensive.
    I plan on mastering boxing, so I'm in it for the long run. I don't exactly plan on going pro or even into amateur boxing. I'm in it more for the self-defense aspect than anything, but time will tell if I choose to box competitively. If I end up getting two pairs, I most likely won't be able to afford Rival or Cleto Reyes gloves. Could I just buy 16 oz Rival gloves and use them to spar and for bag work or would I be better off buying 2 pairs but cheaper brands?

iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50) iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50) iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50) iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50) iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50) iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50) iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50) iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50) iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50) iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50) iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you're just starting out, there's no reason to go crazy on awesome gloves yet. Even great gloves won't last forever and they will all eventually start to stink real bad that you'd want to throw them away. And I buy new gloves about once a year at around $50-60, on sale.

Get 16oz "sparring" gloves and use them for everything. Something by Title, on sale for $50 is going to be good enough. You also need money for 5-10 pairs of handwraps, at least 2 mouthguards, headgear, etc. Headgear, it's important that you get a good one as there's a huge difference between $50 ones and $100. Mine is by Fighting Sport for $100 sale price.

ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000) ilykejordans is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Cesarbruh View Post
    I plan on mastering boxing, so I'm in it for the long run. I don't exactly plan on going pro or even into amateur boxing. I'm in it more for the self-defense aspect than anything, but time will tell if I choose to box competitively. If I end up getting two pairs, I most likely won't be able to afford Rival or Cleto Reyes gloves. Could I just buy 16 oz Rival gloves and use them to spar and for bag work or would I be better off buying 2 pairs but cheaper brands?
    IMO one pair good pair would be better than two cheap ones. Quality>quantity
    *misc boxing crew
    *misc muay thai crew
    *misc manlet crew

How many months does it usually take before you start sparring? I might not buy headgear and a mouth guard until I reach that point.

Originally Posted by iTrainUFC View Post
    If you're just starting out, there's no reason to go crazy on awesome gloves yet. Even great gloves won't last forever and they will all eventually start to stink real bad that you'd want to throw them away. And I buy new gloves about once a year at around $50-60, on sale.

Get 16oz "sparring" gloves and use them for everything. Something by Title, on sale for $50 is going to be good enough. You also need money for 5-10 pairs of handwraps, at least 2 mouthguards, headgear, etc. Headgear, it's important that you get a good one as there's a huge difference between $50 ones and $100. Mine is by Fighting Sport for $100 sale price.
    Got any recommendations on handwraps/headgear/mouth guards?
    IMO one pair good pair would be better than two cheap ones. Quality>quantity
    totally forget I would need to invest in handwraps/headgear/mouth guard, need to check my finances to see if I can afford a good pair of gloves from Rival/Cleto Reyes.

How many months does it usually take before you start sparring? I might not buy headgear and a mouth guard until I reach that point.

Got any recommendations on handwraps/headgear/mouth guards?

totally forget I would need to invest in handwraps/headgear/mouth guard, need to check my finances to see if I can afford a good pair of gloves from Rival/Cleto Reyes.
    180 Mexican wraps and for head gear idk what else to recommend aside from Winning since all these other ones I have tried don't even compare (everlast, fairtex, title) IMO head gear is something you would want to invest the most money in
    *misc boxing crew
    *misc muay thai crew
    *misc manlet crew

johnnycomehome is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnycomehome is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnycomehome is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnycomehome is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnycomehome is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnycomehome is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnycomehome is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnycomehome is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnycomehome is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnycomehome is a name known to all. (+5000) johnnycomehome is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Reyes is not really a great training glove imo. They are not super protective for hands and are designed to hurt people so some people don't like to spar with them (bit silly to spend all that money on them and then just hit bags with them). They also have a weird thumb position which can get annoying if you train for 2 hours. Obviously this is compared to other high-end brands such as Winning (which are designed to protect hands and are not good for fighting because they minimize impact) - compared to cheap Everlasts from your local sports store Reyes are still obviously much superior.

However if you are just planning on starting then there is no point spending big bucks on gloves before you know anything about the sport. You might get punched in the face and decide you don't like boxing, in which case you wasted $120 on gloves. I trained for like 2 years before i bought my first gloves. You also need to make sure you buy the right size. Some people won't spar with less than 160z. Just buy a solid but not too expensive 160z pair: like Twins, Fairtex, Adidas, Rival, Everlast

You definitely don't need to buy headgear. Every gym will have headgear and it's not like you're going to do any serious sparring at the beginning.
    Muay Thai & Boxing

180 Mexican wraps and for head gear idk what else to recommend aside from Winning since all these other ones I have tried don't even compare (everlast, fairtex, title) IMO head gear is something you would want to invest the most money in
    are these the wraps you're talking about?
    http://store.titleboxing.com/titlebo...handwraps.html

Thanks for the response guys, really appreciate the help

are these the wraps you're talking about?
    http://store.titleboxing.com/titlebo...handwraps.html

Thanks for the response guys, really appreciate the help
    yeah those kind but personally I'd stay away from everlast there's many other brands that make that type of wrap
    *misc boxing crew
    *misc muay thai crew
    *misc manlet crew

iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50) iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50) iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50) iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50) iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50) iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50) iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50) iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50) iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50) iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50) iTrainUFC will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Got any recommendations on handwraps/headgear/mouth guards? .
    There are a few factors. It depends on how fast you get good at it, your level of aggression, etc. It also depends on the gym too. Some gyms are more aggressive than others. Like a gym in the nice areas of the suburbs will usually not be the same as the one in the 'hood. People are in general, just more aggressive and hungrier in the 'hood when it comes to combat sports. Some gyms have a dedicated day(s) for sparring and other days for techniques only, so you can pretty much spar as soon as you want.

I have the FIGHTING SPORTS PRO FULL TRAINING HEADGEAR that's $90. You'd want the chin guard and not the strap, as that's rubs on your chin. I had two, $50 headgears, and this $90 is a huge difference in protection. Much less headaches. Don't get the ones with the bar coming across like a football helmet. You'd think that bar increases protection but it doesn't. All it does it restrict the **** out of your airflow.

Handwraps that are 180 inches is good for a man's hands. 120-160 for MMA gloves. I usually get the ones on sale. Pure cotton is nice, but most of mine are cheaper poly/cotton blend. I have like 20 pairs, in order to wash them after each use, or it stinks up the gloves faster. Wrapping around the wrist the most should be the main priority. Don't get synthetic gloves as they stink the fastest.

Mouthguard, I use double sided mouthguards as they keep your teeth clenched all the time to maximize protection and you breath through the hole. Single sided ones, if you open your mouth when tired, you're teeth are no longer stabilized together. There's a big debate about this. I've been using $2 double sided for many years now. Before that, I had 4 of the Everlast $25 ones with much bigger breath holes....but they never fit my mouth right, even after cutting.

Originally Posted by johnnycomehome View Post
    I trained for like 2 years before i bought my first gloves.

You definitely don't need to buy headgear. Every gym will have headgear and it's not like you're going to do any serious sparring at the beginning.
    This is like putting your head and hands into a pool of 100+ different dude's sweat & bacteria each time you're training. Loaner gloves are disgusting. Your hands smells like ass right afterward. Not only that, the gloves are usually worn out and you risk injuries. Headgear starts stinking too, and I keep mine clean including washing them...and they still stink. The ones that's passed around, sits in a stinky gym and never cleaned.

Registered User Knucklesanguich's Avatar
    Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you want something fairly close to winning but dont want to spend 300 dollars on gloves, check out the c17 from ring to cage.

I personally went with winnings and winning headgear for sparring and use Cleto Reyes for training but I've been at it for a long time.

I agree with not using communal gear, its gross.
    ✰ WE RUNNIN' ✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰ WE RUNNIN' ✰
    ******Misc Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu crew******
    MISC BJJ, BOXING, MUAY THAI, RUNNING CREW WILL BE REPPED ON SIGHT

Animal_Fries is just really nice. (+1000) Animal_Fries is just really nice. (+1000) Animal_Fries is just really nice. (+1000) Animal_Fries is just really nice. (+1000) Animal_Fries is just really nice. (+1000) Animal_Fries is just really nice. (+1000) Animal_Fries is just really nice. (+1000) Animal_Fries is just really nice. (+1000) Animal_Fries is just really nice. (+1000) Animal_Fries is just really nice. (+1000) Animal_Fries is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was getting more nervous, and uttered out the most idiotic thing I could have said "Do you like daggers" Her "what? umm never really thought about them before" I could see her looking at her phone, looking at her hair, looking at her shirt. I then started getting really really nervous, and had a panic attack.

Registered User Knucklesanguich's Avatar
    Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000) Knucklesanguich is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Animal_Fries View Post
    I've used most of those gloves on that list and they are pretty good except I hate Rival and Windy. One glove on that list that gets a lot of good reviews are the hayabusas, I hate the company but I have a pair of those gloves and they have the best wrist support of any gloves ive used, also, the padding dosent seem to break down even after lots of use so you could use them for sparring and bag/pads.

I personally try to avoid Title boxing because of theeir Cleto Reyes knockoffs (they call them pro mex) and their winning knockoffs (fighting).
    ✰ WE RUNNIN' ✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰ WE RUNNIN' ✰
    ******Misc Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu crew******
    MISC BJJ, BOXING, MUAY THAI, RUNNING CREW WILL BE REPPED ON SIGHT

neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000) neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000) neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000) neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000) neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000) neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000) neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000) neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000) neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000) neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000) neondevil is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Coming in to second that you need 180" hand wraps.

Avoid Title and Everlast unless you want to drop serious money, their entry level gloves suck.

If you're a guy over 140lbs you're buying 16oz gloves period, if you're over 200 look at 18oz.

You don't want laced gloves at this stage of the game stick to velcro you aren't there yet.

I've had really good experiences using Twins and Yokkao.

MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Honestly a $40-50 pair should be fine.

The ones I use are I believe Everlast, and have a velcro closure.

The the stitches on the velcro are starting to tear but I've also used the pair on bags for like 5-6 years now.
    The billionaire and the beggar both have 24 hours in a day.

That's why grandma's apple pie rocks and yours sucks.

[QUOTE=Dave22reborn]At least it will thunderstorm tonight, and we know how they feel about water. :)[/QUOTE]

^^^Racist police officer who also cries about how racism doesn't exist, also cries reverse racism and typifies the stupidity of the racist right, referring to black people as "they" and regurgitating racist stereotypes.