Registered User RageQuitForLife's Avatar
    RageQuitForLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why does my inner elbow stick out so far?

Need help, it doesn't seem normal for my elbow to stick that far out, in the attachments one is flexing and one is not. Could you guy give some answers of how to reduce it or just why it sticks out like that
    Attached Images

GymLife04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymLife04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymLife04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymLife04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymLife04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymLife04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymLife04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Mine is sticking out far also, I think we just need to pack on some weight brah.
    Dedication&Determination

September 7th > First week of lifting!
    {Starting Lifts>September 12th, 2014}
    Bench: 115 lbs, 3-4 reps couldn't lift bar off my chest for last rep
    Squat: 95 lbs, cant remember reps no more than 10
    Deadlift: 135 lbs, 5 reps

{Lifting Progress>October 8th, 2014}
    Bench 135, 3 reps
    Squat - 115, 5 reps bad form > need works
    Deadlift: 175, 5 reps

Originally Posted by GymLife04 View Post
    Mine is sticking out far also, I think we just need to pack on some weight brah.
    the thing is that I'm not even really that skinny

GymLife04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymLife04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymLife04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymLife04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymLife04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymLife04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymLife04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by RageQuitForLife View Post
    You could've fooled me.
    Dedication&Determination

September 7th > First week of lifting!
    {Starting Lifts>September 12th, 2014}
    Bench: 115 lbs, 3-4 reps couldn't lift bar off my chest for last rep
    Squat: 95 lbs, cant remember reps no more than 10
    Deadlift: 135 lbs, 5 reps

{Lifting Progress>October 8th, 2014}
    Bench 135, 3 reps
    Squat - 115, 5 reps bad form > need works
    Deadlift: 175, 5 reps

Lisabmd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lisabmd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lisabmd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lisabmd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lisabmd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lisabmd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lisabmd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lisabmd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lisabmd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lisabmd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lisabmd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're skinny, I had that a month ago. 30 days later its gone.

Originally Posted by Lisabmd View Post
    I've been working out a hard as possible for over half a year and have made gains but this is still a problem. But that the reason that I look so skinny is my elbow is so much bigger it makes my arm look tiny

Originally Posted by GymLife04 View Post
    You could've fooled me.
    and that is the exact reason I want to et rid of it, is that it makes me look skinnier because my elbow is large as ****

Originally Posted by Lisabmd View Post
    in definitely not big but I'm not skinny
    Attached Images

NattyPeanuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NattyPeanuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NattyPeanuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NattyPeanuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NattyPeanuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NattyPeanuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NattyPeanuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NattyPeanuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NattyPeanuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NattyPeanuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NattyPeanuts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    in definitely not big but I'm not skinny
    Not bad, work on your forearms and biceps to lessen the look of it.
    "He who says he can, and he who says he can't, are both usually right."

-Confucius

Early 2013 - 170lbs (Obese/binge eater)
    Early 2014 - 92lbs (Anorexic/depression)
    Current - 200lbs (Powerlifter/Bodybuilder)

DL - 500lbs
    SQ - 405lbs
    BE - 300lbs

**********\\\POSITIVE CREW///***********

Originally Posted by NattyPeanuts View Post
    Not bad, work on your forearms and biceps to lessen the look of it.
    I understand that I just need to get biceps more to fill that end but I can't et the forearms to fill because the divot right before the elbow has no muscle to build up and fill in

FitsWannabe is just really nice. (+1000) FitsWannabe is just really nice. (+1000) FitsWannabe is just really nice. (+1000) FitsWannabe is just really nice. (+1000) FitsWannabe is just really nice. (+1000) FitsWannabe is just really nice. (+1000) FitsWannabe is just really nice. (+1000) FitsWannabe is just really nice. (+1000) FitsWannabe is just really nice. (+1000) FitsWannabe is just really nice. (+1000) FitsWannabe is just really nice. (+1000)
    How tall are you OP? You still look pretty skinny to me but not merely because of your elbow. 175lbs might be average for 5"7 guy but definitely not for someone taller than 6". You can't really target where to add mass especially your joint because there is not much muscle around your joint. But you could just simply eat more and fill up your arms and forearm.

NamHaley888 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Mine became like that as well ... made my arms look bent not straight.... Im scared as hell .....

AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been working out a hard as possible for over half a year and have made gains but this is still a problem. But that the reason that I look so skinny is my elbow is so much bigger it makes my arm look tiny
    That's just the way your bones (humorous in this case) developed. Your medial epicondyle is perhaps larger than average (everyone is different) and is accentuated by the fact that you don't have a lot of muscle or body fat to camouflage it. (Yes, as others have suggested, you are on the skinny end of the bell curve.)

You don't so much look skinny because your elbow is huge as your elbow looks huge because you are fairly skinny.

AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AndMac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NamHaley888 View Post
    Mine became like that as well ... made my arms look bent not straight.... Im scared as hell .....
    Your arm doesn't just look bent when you extend it, it is (or at least should be) bent. That is normal and is referred to as the "carry angle". For a male, the normal range is 5-10 degrees. I ripped the ligaments in my right elbow while biking a few years ago and by the time I got into physio my arm looked really bent because the lateral ligaments shortened faster than the medial ligaments which were torn/stretched. The carry angle on my left arm was normal, but my right arm was bent around 20-25 degrees when straight.

The physiotherapist had to literally stretch those ligaments (with LOT of force) over a period of more than a dozen sessions, and it was the most painful thing I've ever gone through. I was on the verge of tears and literally passing out from the pain.

Not sure what your carry angle is, but barring a "deformity" (excessive cubitus valgus) an injury to the elbow that caused damage, it's probably fine.
    Last edited by AndMac; 02-24-2017 at 02:58 PM.

Hi I have a picture of my bent arms at my gallery could you care to take a look at it? I cant post links here because I have not exceeded 50 posts yet.... Im scared as hell. Is mine normal? Thanks and what could I do to fix it?

I want it back the way it was before extremely depressed .... should I continue lifting? Or should I stop for a while?

I want it back the way it was before extremely depressed .... should I continue lifting? Or should I stop for a while?
    So it hasn't always been that way? Are both arms the same? It's definitely a larger angle than average. It kind of reminds me of mine after the accident. The "normal range" is 5-10 degrees, however everyone is different. Some people have larger carry angles (excessive cubitus valgus), some have no carry angle (cubitus vagus) and a few people have negative carry angles (gun stock deformity).

If it wasn't always like that then there must have been an injury at some point (much like my crash) that was traumatic enough to cause rather severe damage. Based on the pain I went through when I tore my elbow, and the extreme, prolonged pain of having it fixed, I can't imagine the ligaments changing that dramatically without you knowing something was definitely wrong.

If it is causing you problems, or is really concerning, I would suggest you see your doctor about it.
    Last edited by AndMac; 02-24-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Yes both arms are the same does it need a surgery? I did not have any injury.... it happened after I did some lifting at the gym I should not have gone to the gym......😨😭

If it wasn't always like that then there must have been an injury at some point (much like my crash) that was traumatic enough to cause rather severe damage. Based on the pain I went through when I tore my elbow, and the extreme, prolonged pain of having it fixed, I can't imagine the ligaments changing that dramatically without you knowing something was definitely wrong.

If it is causing you problems, or is really concerning, I would suggest you see your doctor about it.[/QUOTE]

It was not that way before.... maybe it was because of lifting from the gym.... I'm dying ..... big time...... you said it hurts while doctors were fixing your elbow, would I die from the fixing then (( I,m skinny and female..... am i going to be scarred for the rest of my life..

mine is not hurting though.... what could it be.......

It was not that way before.... maybe it was because of lifting from the gym.... I'm dying ..... big time...... you said it hurts while doctors were fixing your elbow, would I die from the fixing then (( I,m skinny and female..... am i going to be scarred for the rest of my life..
    1). I am not a medical expert or trained physician. I'm simply a guy who has gone through a ACSM Certified Personal Trainer course (purely for personal interest), studied a bit of anatomy, and injured himself myself many, many times.

2). This is obviously concerning you very deeply. Go seek the advice of your doctor. If your arms weren't like that before and now they are, then something has obviously changed. I can't imagine how that has happened without a major traumatic event causing it. My experience was traumatic. I can completely understand what happened in my case, and was immediately aware that I had seriously $*%&'d something up in my elbow. I didn't just wake up one morning with a bent arm. I can't imagine how lifting weights would cause that without you knowing something was definitely wrong. So again, go seek the advice of a medical expert. If there is something wrong, they will let you know how to proceed.

3). I did not go to the doctor to have surgery to fix my problem. I was helped by a trusted, well trained, and very experienced physiotherapist. The majority of his work (with my rehabilitation) entailed using his body weight to very carefully, and in a very controlled manner, straighten my arm past where it was currently limited. He basically had to force my arm straight to stretch the lateral ligaments which had shorted. If tearing ligaments sounds painful... it is. But when I caused the damage it was traumatic, it was quick, and I was in shock which helps somewhat. When the physiotherapist was straightening my arm, it was a long, slow, drawn out process. It took approximately a dozen or more sessions over about a month and a half. It was not over quickly, I was not in shock during any of the recovery, and it HURT.

4). You obviously have something completely different going on with you. Women typically have a larger carry angle than men, with a nominal range of 10-15%, but since you say that your arms haven't always been that way something has obviously changed. Your doctor should be able to enlighten you as to what may have caused it in your case. He may simply tell you to stop lifting weights, or suggest some other avenue for recovery. I can only tell you of my experience.

Ok thank you I would try consulting a physician . Thank you very much for the time and for answering to my questions I hope it would get back to the way it was before....

selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Cause you need to eat a sanitch.....
    While liftin duh weights I yell out..."You sexy beast"...."Squeeze metal for papa".

NeededAnAcount is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Need help, it doesn't seem normal for my elbow to stick that far out, in the attachments one is flexing and one is not. Could you guy give some answers of how to reduce it or just why it sticks out like that
    its been 7 years, you found a solution yet i have the same problem

gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gidik60630 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Isn't there a solution to this? I am waiting eagerly too

Jcuh26 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Can someone help mine is like that to

4dicy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    mine is like that as well. im 14 rn and i cant really afford a gym but i can do exercises and workout at home.
    so can anyone recommend me some hand workouts?