Page 186 of 192 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,580 of 5757
    TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Geez, I'm really sorry to hear all of this Greg. That does sound like a pretty serious issue you have going on and I know you'll miss the trail runs. Maybe you could still get some good, fast hiking in once you are healed up? Mountain biking sounds fun too. My sister was diagnosed with RA a couple of years ago and had to abruptly stop running and was limited to almost nothing as far as working out. Now she mountain bikes and really enjoys that. Still, I hate to hear about folks who are really dedicated and actually enjoy training and running being limited or having to stop all together. Hopefully they can get you fixed up and you'll be feeling better in a few months. Sounds like its time to relax and hit some upper body work.

As for this forum, as I mentioned in Shane's journal, I have started one or two forums in the past. Nowadays, they are free and don't take a lot of work at all to get started. They also have lots of great features and don't have all of these BS issues that this forum seems to have. If there is enough interest here, I would gladly set aside a few hours and start one for everyone. We would just need a handful of dedicated participants. Below are two forums that I started but ended up abandoning as there were not enough participants. These were setup in a "post your daily workout" way, where a post was created each day for people to post their workouts. It could easily be setup in a "personal journal" way, like this forum though.

https://garagegymwarriors.forumotion.net/

https://elephantfitness.boards.net/

Anyway, hope you can heal up fast brother. I'm pulling for you!
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb
    Powerlifting: Squat: 315, Bench: 255, Deadlift: 420
    Running: 5K: 22:46, 10K: 49:49, 15K: 1:28:08, 13.1: 2:03:00
    Metcons: Murph: 29:43, Double Murph: 1:12:01, Cindy: 29 Rounds
    IG: trentmas.nc
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7v5c_ToyBkd6_3hP2jl94w
    Galatians 2:20

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn Greg. That is certainly horrible to read.

Hopefully the doctor can get you mended up quickly. 5 months sounds like a long time but here we are in June and it seems like yesterday was New Years.

I ride bikes and it’s a lot less tough on your joints and like Trent said, once you are healed up I am sure hiking will be available to you.

Take this time to rest up and go chase a new monster BP PR. Legs up no leg drive of course!

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sorry to hear about your ankle and foot issues. Hopefully the cast will work.
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TM79 View Post
    Geez, I'm really sorry to hear all of this Greg. That does sound like a pretty serious issue you have going on and I know you'll miss the trail runs. Maybe you could still get some good, fast hiking in once you are healed up? Mountain biking sounds fun too.
    I had to cut your quote short...for some reason bb.com wouldn't let me include the whole thing.

Thanks Trent. Yeah it was a bummer to hear all of that from the doctor. In a way though it was good too. He seemed to know exactly what I'm dealing with and didn't pull any punches in telling me what I'm looking at. Once I heal up I think that hiking and mountain biking will work for getting me outside and getting my trail time in. I used to do a lot of mountain biking when I was younger and always enjoyed it. It's always possible I'll heal up and be able to slowly resume running too. In any case, I'll take it slow and see what happens.

A different forum is an appealing idea. I've been on here a long time (since 2007), though, so old habits die hard. I suspect they'll fix the issues soon, but if this bad performance keeps up I'll definitely be interested in moving over with you...especially if you recruit some others too.
    Last edited by PtReyesGreg; 06-14-2020 at 07:59 AM.
    If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. Have a miserable day at work and want to break someone's neck but aren't sure who's? Then squat and run hills. - Wendler

ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
    My Blog: https://slavinstrength.wordpress.com/
    IG: @greg_slavin

PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by shaneinga View Post
    Damn Greg. That is certainly horrible to read.

Hopefully the doctor can get you mended up quickly. 5 months sounds like a long time but here we are in June and it seems like yesterday was New Years.

I ride bikes and it’s a lot less tough on your joints and like Trent said, once you are healed up I am sure hiking will be available to you.

Take this time to rest up and go chase a new monster BP PR. Legs up no leg drive of course!
    Thanks Shane. Yeah it was definitely bad news. I'm thinking hiking and biking will become my cardio mainstays. Like I said to Trent, I used to mountain bike a lot when I was younger so I'm looking forward to picking that back up. When is the big question. In any case, I'm going to take it as comes, listen to my body for a change, and not force anything.

I like you're thinking about chasing the new bench PR. I modified Andy's program to remove any of the leg load bearing exercises. I also am adding in an extra bench day based on Mark Bell's Stronger in 30 days plan. It'll be hard to bench with no leg drive but I think this modified program will definitely make me stronger.

I'm watching the Rogan podcast with Ronnie Coleman right now. He is funny and so matter of fact about lifting a ton of weight. That guy has an amazing ability to deal with pain...and not listen to his body. Very timely for me.
    Last edited by PtReyesGreg; 06-14-2020 at 10:39 AM.
    If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. Have a miserable day at work and want to break someone's neck but aren't sure who's? Then squat and run hills. - Wendler

Originally Posted by RT1957 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your ankle and foot issues. Hopefully the cast will work.
    Thanks Ron. Yeah I'm hoping the cast works too. I'd like to avoid surgery if at all possible.

9:39 am - Home

Saturday morning I completed Strength & Mass After 40 (C55_2A) as follows:

Shoulder Rehab - Red Bands

Bench Press 5-115, 3-155, 3-185, 3-210, 3-240, 3 sets of 3 @ 270
    Superset with:
    Seated DB BOLR 5 sets of 10 @ 15

Decline BP (FSL) 5 sets of 3 @ 185

Inc DB BP 3 sets of 10 @ 45
    Superset with:
    Band Facepulls (Purple) 3 sets of 15

Decline Situps 3 sets of 10
    Superset with:
    Shoulder Horn 3 sets of 12 @ 5

Bodyweight: 214.6 Pounds (Down 1.4 pounds from 216.0 on 6/1)

Workout Duration: 1:12:02.12 h:mm:ss.ms (with 1:00 rest between sets)

Good workout yesterday. I'm supposed to use my right leg as little as possible ahead of getting my cast put on. Since it will be out of commission for a while I modifed my workout program to only used movements where I'm seated or lying on a bench. So far so good with that.

The layout for my modified Strength & Mass After 40 is:

Day 1: Heavy Bench
    Day 2: Incline Bench
    Day 3: Mark Bell's Stronger in 30 Days Bench / Slingshot
    Day 4: Back and Biceps

TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good looking session! Very strong work on bench and, well, you are just crushing the bench pretty much. It just keeps going... Liking the looks of your program too. Not sure if I would do three straight days of bench in a row for the long term, but I'll be interested to see how that works for you. Maybe you'll be benching us all under the table. That's awesome you've been on here for 13 years. It is still hard for me to believe that a company that makes as much money as BB.com probably does to have such an outdated forum. It literally doesn't take much to make a new one. Perhaps it is complicated by the need to advertise so much... I don't take supplements for training so I'm only here for the forum. Yep, if there is enough interest on here I'd gladly start another forum, but there would have to be interest from a handful of folks. I'm like you. This stuff is an inconvenience, but it isn't bad enough for me to call it quits yet. They should look into fixing these issues though.

Edit: Also, I really admire you for not doing any load bearing exercises on your leg. I'm too stubborn to do that. I will not do an exercise, per se, on that leg, but I'll still do weight bearing stuff on that thing. Then if that works I'll start slowly working stuff back in until it hurts. That's probably why you'll be back up and running in a few months and I'll be an old cripple.
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice workout Greg. Triples at 270 is a dream for me. You have always been a really strong bencher. Yeah, Ronnie Coleman is a beast. He has paid for his super heavy workouts but he doesn't regret going heavy. It is funny how he says one thing he does regret was a 800 pound squat where he hit 6 but he knew he left some a couple reps in the tank and how that still bothered him. Goes to show the mindset of the man.

Good luck with your new programming. Careful to allow enough time to recover. I know it would be easy to double up on your upper body with your lower out of commission. Maybe do some more yoga or core work on your squat and deads day.

Good looking session! Very strong work on bench and, well, you are just crushing the bench pretty much. It just keeps going... Liking the looks of your program too. Not sure if I would do three straight days of bench in a row for the long term, but I'll be interested to see how that works for you. Maybe you'll be benching us all under the table. That's awesome you've been on here for 13 years. It is still hard for me to believe that a company that makes as much money as BB.com probably does to have such an outdated forum. It literally doesn't take much to make a new one. Perhaps it is complicated by the need to advertise so much... I don't take supplements for training so I'm only here for the forum. Yep, if there is enough interest on here I'd gladly start another forum, but there would have to be interest from a handful of folks. I'm like you. This stuff is an inconvenience, but it isn't bad enough for me to call it quits yet. They should look into fixing these issues though.

Edit: Also, I really admire you for not doing any load bearing exercises on your leg. I'm too stubborn to do that. I will not do an exercise, per se, on that leg, but I'll still do weight bearing stuff on that thing. Then if that works I'll start slowly working stuff back in until it hurts. That's probably why you'll be back up and running in a few months and I'll be an old cripple.
    Thanks Trent. Yeah I'm still working out the program. I'm trying to figure out how to consolidate it down to 2 days of benching. I might add another back and arms day in there...I need work in that area.

Not doing any load bearing exercises on the leg is tough. I think I can hit everything seated though. The toughest part is going to be getting the different dumbbells and loading the barbells using a crutch and not putting weight on the cast. The doctor warned me not to put weight on the cast or I could crack it. We'll see...where there's a will there's a way.

Nice workout Greg. Triples at 270 is a dream for me. You have always been a really strong bencher. Yeah, Ronnie Coleman is a beast. He has paid for his super heavy workouts but he doesn't regret going heavy. It is funny how he says one thing he does regret was a 800 pound squat where he hit 6 but he knew he left some a couple reps in the tank and how that still bothered him. Goes to show the mindset of the man.

Good luck with your new programming. Careful to allow enough time to recover. I know it would be easy to double up on your upper body with your lower out of commission. Maybe do some more yoga or core work on your squat and deads day.
    Thanks Shane. Yeah with the bench my barrel chest serves some value.

I hear you about allowing enough time to recover. The last thing I want to do is overdo it with my chest and retear a pec or mess something else up there. I'll figure out a way to get the work in a want but maybe spread it out more. One of Andy Baker's plans I saw had things spread over 9 days so it took 1.5 weeks to complete each "week" of the program. Wendler does stuff like that too so maybe I'll try something like that. Also, adding in more yoga and core work is a great idea and I'll do that.

I have to say you mentioning that Rogan podcast with Ronnie Coleman got me hooked. I've been watching various videos of his on YouTube. He definitely was a beast. There's one that shows all of his heaviest lifts which is cool. It's something to see him after all those surgeries, barely able to get around but still loving to workout. Seeing him reminds me that I need to listen to my body, but also there's always some sort of workout you can do no matter what ailment you have.

6:53 am - Home

Monday morning I completed Strength & Mass After 40 (C55_2B) as follows:

Shoulder Rehab - Red Bands

Incline Bench Press 3-135, 3-155, 3-185, 1-215, 3-240, 3 sets of 3 @ 235
    Superset with:
    Band Facepulls (Purple) 5 sets of 15

CGBP (FSL) 3 sets of 5 @ 215
    Superset with:
    Seated Side Lateral Raises 3 sets of 12 @ 15

Lying Triceps Extensions 3 sets of 12 @ 57.5
    Superset with:
    Leg Raises 3 sets of 12

Bodyweight: 216.2 Pounds (Up 0.2 pounds from 216.0 on 6/1)

Workout Duration: 0:39:38.55 h:mm:ss.ms (with 1:00 rest between sets)

Good workout yesterday trying to do everything without putting any stress on my foot or ankle. That seemed to work fine.

That was my first time doing Lying Triceps Extensions in a long time and now I remember why I stopped doing them...they put a big strain on my elbows. I'll go back to French Press and maybe seated Triceps Pushdowns (never done them seated).

Today I got my cast. It's quite a bit bigger than I was expecting but I figure once I get used to the crutches I'll be good.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBgm9jxgbMs/

Nice workout Greg. Yes, I agree with you on the lying tricep extensions. For that reason I think I am going to drop doing them as well. My inner left elbow has been hurting lately and I attributed it to curls but you might be right, it might be the extensions causing issue.

Agree with you on Ronnie, and like you said, there is always something you can try to get better at. You need to get Waylon with a marker to get that thing decorated up. Maybe find a Metallica sticker to put on it.

Nice workout Greg. Yes, I agree with you on the lying tricep extensions. For that reason I think I am going to drop doing them as well. My inner left elbow has been hurting lately and I attributed it to curls but you might be right, it might be the extensions causing issue.

Agree with you on Ronnie, and like you said, there is always something you can try to get better at. You need to get Waylon with a marker to get that thing decorated up. Maybe find a Metallica sticker to put on it.
    Thanks Shane. That's where the lying tricep extensions hurt me too...my inner elbow. Plus, they had my elbows popping like fire crackers.

Waylon likes that idea. I'll have to see what he's planning first though.

6:52 am - Home

This morning I completed STronger in 30 Days (C55_2C) as follows:

Bench Press 5-135, 3-155, 2-185, 1-215, 4 sets of 6 @ 230

SlingShot BP <skipped>

Inc DB BP 3 sets of 10 @ 45

Seated DB OHP 1 sets of 4 @ 40

Bodyweight w/ Cast: 219.2 Pounds (Up 3.2 pounds from 216.0 on 6/1)

Workout Duration: 0:22:09.18 h:mm:ss.ms (with 1:00 rest between sets)

Good workout this morning. This was my first workout with the cast and it was challenging. I'm supposed to use my crutches and not supposed to walk on the cast. There isn't much room for crutches in my gym, though, so I set up 250 pounds of weights and several sets of dumbbells around my bench in the rack and made use of that so I wouldn't have to move around too much.

The 4 sets of 6 @ 230 on bench were tough, because I had to do it with no leg drive. When I pushed with my good leg it pushed me off towards my bad side so I stopped that. In the long run I think that'll add to my strength. I skipped the slingshot sets because I didn't want to overdo it. I want to get a good feel for lifting with the cast and no log drive before pushing harder.

I abandoned the Seated DB OHP after 4 reps. Those dumbbells were a little too heavy and I didn't want to have to go get another pair...lazy I know but I still got good work in on the other lifts.

Strong work Greg. Feet up your bench is still stronger than mine. LoL.

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice way to work around the issue and keep training. That cast looks like you'll need a coat hanger to do some serious scratching in a few weeks...

Maybe some feet up BP so you don't push off one side too hard....strong work done considering you can't use one leg!!
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

Great job working around that injury Greg! Solid sets on all of the upper body work! Yeah, that has to be tough trying to work out in a tight space like that if you are having to use crutches.
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

Strong work Greg. Feet up your bench is still stronger than mine. LoL.
    Thanks Shane. My feet were down on the ground, but just sitting there with no pushing.

Nice way to work around the issue and keep training. That cast looks like you'll need a coat hanger to do some serious scratching in a few weeks...

Maybe some feet up BP so you don't push off one side too hard....strong work done considering you can't use one leg!!
    Thanks Ron. So far so good with the cast with no bad itches so far...thank goodness!

Great job working around that injury Greg! Solid sets on all of the upper body work! Yeah, that has to be tough trying to work out in a tight space like that if you are having to use crutches.
    Thanks Trent. I pretty much have everything I need for my upper body workouts sitting around my bench in the rack. If I'm lucky I can go most of a workout without needing the crutches.

6/20/2020
    11:30 am - Home

Saturday morning I completed Strength & Mass After 40 (C55_2D) as follows:

Band Pullaparts - Red Bands 3 sets of 15

Seated DB BOR 3 sets of 10 @ 45
    Superset with:
    Seated DB Shrugs 3 sets of 15 @ 45

Seated DB BOLR 3 sets of 10 @ 15
    Superset with:
    Seated DB OHP 3 sets of 10 @ 30

Seated DB Curls 3 sets of 8 @ 30
    Superset with:
    Seated DB Hammer Curls 3 sets of 8 @ 30

Leg Raises 3 sets of 15

Bodyweight: 216.0 Pounds (Down 0.0 pounds from 216.0 on 6/1)

Workout Duration: 0:21:49.01 h:mm:ss.ms (with 1:00 rest between sets)

6/21/2020
    2:27 pm - Home

Sunday afternoon I completed Strength & Mass After 40 (C55_3A) as follows:

Band Pullaparts - Red Bands 5 sets of 15
    Superset with:
    Bench Press 3-135, 3-155, 2-185, 1-225, 1-255, 3 sets of 1 @ 285

Decline BP (FSL) 5 sets of 3 @ 195
    Superset with:
    Seated DB BOLR 3 sets of 10 @ 15

Inc DB BP 3 sets of 12 @ 45
    Superset with:
    Rolling DB Extensions 3 sets of 12 @ 15

Leg Raises 2 sets of 25

Bodyweight: 218.2 Pounds (Up 2.2 pounds from 216.0 on 6/1)

Workout Duration: 0:50:00.84 h:mm:ss.ms (with 1:00 rest between sets)

6/24/2020
    7:01 am - Home

This morning I completed Strength & Mass After 40 (C55_3B) as follows:

Tri-set:
    Band Pullaparts 5 sets of 15 @ Red Band
    Band Chest Flyes 5 sets of 15 @ Red Band
    Incline Bench Press 3-135, 3-155, 3-195, 2-225, 3 sets of 1 @ 245

CGBP (FSL) 3 sets of 5 @ 225
    Superset with:

KB French Press 3 sets of 12 @ 50
    Superset with:
    Leg Raises 20, 15, 15

Bodyweight: 216.2 Pounds (Up 0.2 pounds from 216.0 on 6/1)

Workout Duration: 0:32:03.89 h:mm:ss.ms (with 1:00 rest between sets)

I've been having good workouts lately. When my chest feels sore I take an extra rest day and that seems to work well. I'm settling into the groove with this setup so it should seem me into the middle of July when I get my cast off. I'm not sure how long it'll take after the cast comes off for me to be able to do squats and deadlifts but I'm sure it'll take a while to build the strength back up in my right leg.

3 very nice workouts Greg. Moving some really good weights in here as usual. How hard is it to get into place for the declines with that cast?

Good to see you are still able to get a lot of really good movements in while seated.

Keep crushing it!

Good work this week Greg. That leg will atrophy some so be prepared for that. I'm sure you can find some good rehab vids for ankle and foot issues on YT. There's a ton of PT's that post about rehab work. I'm sure your ankle will need some time to regain full ROM. Fingers crossed it ends with the cast and some rehab work

3 very nice workouts Greg. Moving some really good weights in here as usual. How hard is it to get into place for the declines with that cast?

Good to see you are still able to get a lot of really good movements in while seated.

Keep crushing it!
    Thanks Shane. Good question about the declines. I have a dedicataed flat bench that is great for flat bench. I have an FID bench that I usually use for inclines and declines, but is not so good for flat bench. With the cast I'm unable to switch my benches out, so what I've been doing is always using my flat bench and using a 2x4 to raise the foot end of the bench for declines and the head end for inclines. It's not much of an incline or decline but it's better than nothing and I've actually read articles before that it doesn't take much of an angle to get the effect. It's not perfect but I just have to make do for a while.

Good work this week Greg. That leg will atrophy some so be prepared for that. I'm sure you can find some good rehab vids for ankle and foot issues on YT. There's a ton of PT's that post about rehab work. I'm sure your ankle will need some time to regain full ROM. Fingers crossed it ends with the cast and some rehab work
    Thanks Ron. Yeah I've already noticed the leg atrophying a bit. The cast is looser around the calf than it was when it was put on. It sounded like I'll have to do at least a month or two of rehab work to get the ROM back. Coming out of that the doctor will determine if I need surgery. Like you I'm really hoping it ends with the rehab work. With the surgery it can up to a year to get over the pain and up to two years to fully restore the ROM and get back to "normal".

Thanks for the YT suggestion. I'll check out some videos.

6:30 am - Home

This morning I completed STronger in 30 Days (C55_3C) as follows:

Tri-set:
    Bench Press 5-135, 3-155, 2-185, 1-215, 3 sets of 5 @ 240
    Band Pullaparts 3 sets of 15 @ red band
    Band Chest Flyes 3 sets of 15 @ red band

SlingShot BP 3 sets of 3 @ 245

DB BP 3 sets of 12 @ 45
    Superset with:
    DB Tate Press 3 sets of 15 @ 15

Seated DB OHP 3 sets of 10 @ 30
    Superset with:
    DB Flyes 3 sets of 12 @ 15

Leg Raises 2 sets of 25

Bodyweight w/ Cast: 214.2 Pounds (Down 1.8 pounds from 216.0 on 6/1)

Workout Duration: 0:35:06.98 h:mm:ss.ms (with 1:00 rest between sets)

Good workout today. My left pec was feeling a little sore near where I tore it. I widened my grip a little bit and no longer felt the soreness. I've been going with a farily narrow grip but I think I need to vary that occasionally to keep from overuse injuries.

Nice workout Greg. Solid volume there on the BP with the slingshot added in.

That is interesting on the declines and inclines that it doesn't require much to change the angles but it makes sense. Good job on being creative and getting it done.

Nice workout Greg. Solid volume there on the BP with the slingshot added in.

That is interesting on the declines and inclines that it doesn't require much to change the angles but it makes sense. Good job on being creative and getting it done.
    Thanks Shane. Yeah it had been a while since I used the slingshot but it felt pretty good and helped blast the triceps.

Honestly I can wait to be able to use my actual incline/decline bench again. For right now though the 2x4 is letting me keep on keeping on with it so that's a win.

10:08 am - Home

Saturday morning I completed Strength & Mass After 40 (C55_3D) as follows:

Seated DB BOR 4 sets of 12 @ 45
    Superset with:
    Seated DB Shrugs 4 sets of 15 @ 45

Seated DB BOLR 3 sets of 15 @ 15
    Superset with:
    Seated DB Curls 3 sets of 10 @ 30

Seated DB Hammer Curls 3 sets of 10 @ 30
    Superset with:
    Leg Raises 15, 15, 20

Workout Duration: 0:19:28.33 h:mm:ss.ms (with 1:00 rest between sets)

8:08 am - Home

Sunday morning I completed Strength & Mass After 40 (C56_1A) as follows:

Band Pullaparts - Red Bands 5 sets of 10
    Superset with:
    Band Chest Flyes - Red Bands 5 sets of 10

Bench Press 3-135, 3-155, 3-185, 3-205, 2-235, 3 sets of 5 @ 265

Decline BP (BBB) 5 sets of 10 @ 135
    Superset with:
    Seated DB BOLR 5 sets of 10 @ 15

Inc DB BP 3 sets of 12 @ 45
    Superset with:
    Rolling DB Extensions 3 sets of 15 @ 15

Leg Raises 15, 15, 20

Workout Duration: 0:34:22.66 h:mm:ss.ms (with 1:00 rest between sets)

7:13 am - Home

Tuesday morning I completed Strength & Mass After 40 (C56_1B) as follows:

Band Chest Flyes 5 sets of 15 @ Red Band
    Superset with;
    Incline Bench Press 5-135, 3-155, 3-175, 2-205, 3 sets of 5 @ 225

CGBP (BBB Lite) 3 sets of 10 @ 165
    Superset with:

KB French Press 3 sets of 13 @ 50
    Superset with:
    Leg Raises 3 sets of 15

Bodyweight: 218.2 Pounds (Up 2.2 pounds from 216.0 on 6/1)

Workout Duration: 0:26:59.50 h:mm:ss.ms (with 1:00 rest between sets)

Good workouts recently. I'm getting used to working out with the cast and the workouts are flowing smoothly. The bench press is feeling pretty strong right now. I've been playing with changing up my bench width each day to keep my shoulder/chest tendons from getting sore.

3 very good looking and strong workouts Greg. 5 x 265 on BP is damn strong!

Is the rolling db extension a tricep exercise?

Good to hear your finding your groove around the gym with your cast.

Keep kicking ass Greg!

+1 on Shane's comment. Good looking sessions and glad you are getting into a groove with the cast. Also, glad to see you are getting some minimal leg work in there with the leg raises. I like to change up bench grip and width too and should do it more often. Stay at it my friend!
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

Solid work Greg...good to see you keeping hitting it!!

Sorry for the very slow responses guys. Work has been crazy lately so I fell way behind on here...

3 very good looking and strong workouts Greg. 5 x 265 on BP is damn strong!

Is the rolling db extension a tricep exercise?

Good to hear your finding your groove around the gym with your cast.

Keep kicking ass Greg!
    Thanks Shane.

Rolling DB Extensions are similary to lying tricep extensions but with dumbbells and the rolling motion makes them much easier on my elbows. Here's a video of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD5Mz2262fU

+1 on Shane's comment. Good looking sessions and glad you are getting into a groove with the cast. Also, glad to see you are getting some minimal leg work in there with the leg raises. I like to change up bench grip and width too and should do it more often. Stay at it my friend!
    Thanks Trent. Yeah changing up the bench grip a little from session to session really reduces the tendon soreness I was having where the pecs join the shoulder up near the arm pit.

Solid work Greg...good to see you keeping hitting it!!
    Thanks Ron.

Page 186 of 192 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 ... LastLast