Page 176 of 177 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,280 of 5307
    PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by shaneinga View Post
    Still kicking azz even while on antibiotics. Very nice work in here Greg. I like the use of decline bp as a variation in here as well for BBB work. You have been hitting some really strong BBB sets across all your exercises. Very impressive as usual.

I watched a movie on Netflix last night about the Paradise fire from last year. You talked about moving out of Cali with all these fires. I had no idea they were nearly as bad as they were. I knew that Paradise fire was a bad one, but that movie really put it in another light. Scary. You guys stay safe out there.
    Thanks Shane. Yeah I've been able to cobble some good workouts together despite the antibiotics. They slow me down just enough to make me take my rest days...which is a good thing.

Yeah the fire danger is something else out here. A few years ago I lived about 15 miles from Paradise, so that one was a real shocker to me. With the dry air this time of year and the wind storms everything really turns into a tinder box. They cut the power to preemptively prevent the lines from going down and sparking a fire during the windstorms which is a good thing. The bad thing is when it goes out the Internet stops working and the cell phones circuits get overloaded so you can't really get any updates warning if there are fires in your area. Plus, the gas pumps stop working (no power) so you can't fuel your vehicles to evacuate if necessary. It's really a bad deal all the way around. My family is seriously considering moving...we just have to figure out where.

Originally Posted by TM79 View Post
    Geez man, between the sinus infection and the fire I'd say its darned impressive that you're training at all, much less putting up manly numbers like that! You're putting up some serious weight, sinus infection or not. Keep it up brother and stay safe out there!
    Thanks Trent. You know me...I always try to hit my workouts whether it's a good idea or not. Seriously, though, I've been happy to keep up some sense of normalcy during everything. Lifting is great for that.
    If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. Have a miserable day at work and want to break someone's neck but aren't sure who's? Then squat and run hills. - Wendler

My Blog: https://slavinstrength.wordpress.com/
    IG: @greg_slavin

PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PtReyesGreg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    6:16 am - Home

This morning I completed 531 BBB 3 Month Challenge (C46_2C) as follows:

Bench Press 5-140, 5-175, 3-205, 6-240, 6-275, 6-295
    Superset with:
    Band Facepulls w/ Purpls Bands 6 sets of 15

BBB Military Press 5 sets of 10 @ 105
    Superset with:
    Wide Grip TBar Rows 5-120, 5-145, 5-173, 5-193, 5-215, 3 sets of 8 @ 173 (FSL Sets)

Bodyweight: 209.4 Pounds (Down 13.8 pounds from 223.2 on 7/1)

Workout Duration: 0:35:07.71 h:mm:ss.ms (with 1:00 rest between sets)

Great bench workout this morning. 6's week is tough for these but I managed to get my 6 reps at 295 and felt like I had more in the tank. BBB MP and Rows both felt good too. I ran out time and had to skip biceps and triceps but I'll try to get them in tonight. I'm really enjoying the BBB 3 month challenge this time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4fMmNxAEJc/
    If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. Have a miserable day at work and want to break someone's neck but aren't sure who's? Then squat and run hills. - Wendler

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hell yeah Greg. 6 x 295 on BP is amazing man. Even more so that you said you felt like you had more in the tank. Your BP strength has really taken off.

Great job on the SOHP's and the TBar rows are nice and heavy as well.

IDK where to move. I have considered Colorado myself, as I have family out there. Honestly though, compared to where I live the schools are kind of crappy.

I hear Austin is nice.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa
    MFP @ dvldwninga

Hell yeah Greg. 6 x 295 on BP is amazing man. Even more so that you said you felt like you had more in the tank. Your BP strength has really taken off.

Great job on the SOHP's and the TBar rows are nice and heavy as well.

IDK where to move. I have considered Colorado myself, as I have family out there. Honestly though, compared to where I live the schools are kind of crappy.

I hear Austin is nice.
    Thanks Shane. I'm definitely happy with the bench right now. Without a doubt it's my best lift. With the OHP, I'm just happy I can do them at all...a year ago I thought I wouldn't be able to do them again.

We're thinking about the Portland area. It's still here out west but they get enough rain that it's pretty safe from fires. Other parts of Oregon are like it is here though with fire danger.

We actually left California about 7 years ago and moved to Austin. We lived there for about a year. I grew up there and my family lives there so I liked it...except that it's much more crowded than when I grew up there. It was too hot for my wife, though, and she never adjusted so we came back out here. We've got family in Colorado too so that's a good option. The problem there is that many parts of Colorado have fire danger too. Other than that I love Colorado...the weather is nice and it's beautiful.

Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Athena is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hey, there. good to see you back at it, even through the sinus infection and slight dealt tear. how's the delt feeling?

as for portland, it's good but it can be a bit of a strange group out there. oregon city is actually prettier and a little nicer, i think. plus, there's also eugene.

Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    hey, there. good to see you back at it, even through the sinus infection and slight dealt tear. how's the delt feeling?

as for portland, it's good but it can be a bit of a strange group out there. oregon city is actually prettier and a little nicer, i think. plus, there's also eugene.
    Hey Athena, it's good to see you back in here. My delt is feeling pretty good now. This cycle I'm doing my deadlifts with the trap bar, as the neutral grip really feels better on the shoulders. I'm hoping to switch back to Sumos on the next cycle.

I'll have to check out Oregon City. I don't think I've ever been there. There is a strange group of people in Portland, but I really like going there. They have good restaurants and book stores and lots of activites there. I'm not sure how good the schools will be for my son, though, so I have to do more research on that.

We really love Bend. That's a great little town/city. Our only issue there is it's pretty much in a fire zone similar to where we live now. Oh well, there's always a lot of variables in deciding where/when to move.

6:11 am - Home

Today I completed 531 BBB 3 Month Challenge (C46_2D) as follows:

SSB 18" Box Squats 5-135, 5-175, 3-205, 6-235, 6-275, 6-285

BBB Trap Bar Deadlifts 5 sets of 10 @ 269

Leg Raises 3 sets of 10

Bodyweight: 209.0 Pounds (Down 14.2 pounds from 223.2 on 7/1)

Workout Duration: 0:31:42.94 h:mm:ss.ms (with 1:00 rest between sets)

Good but tough workout this morning. Day 4 is always the most challenging day of the week for me with this program. Doing heavyish squats followed by BBB Deadlifts is a character builder. I was huffing and puffing by the end. I had to cut it short so I only did 3 sets of leg raises.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4hwbLdAWAl/

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Killer workout Greg. 6 x 285 on squats is strong. Topping off with 50 reps on deads at 269 pounds is just icing on the azz kicking cake.

No threat of having your man card revoked after that workout.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa
    MFP @ dvldwninga

Killer workout Greg. 6 x 285 on squats is strong. Topping off with 50 reps on deads at 269 pounds is just icing on the azz kicking cake.

No threat of having your man card revoked after that workout.
    Thanks Shane. Those squats felt tougher than I thought they'd be. I was happy to get all the reps in.

The deads were tough too, but once I got rolling on them they seemed to get a little easier by the last two sets...I don't know why but I was happy they did.

6:20 pm - Untamed Strength

Last night I completed 531 BBB 3 Month Challenge (C46_3A) as follows:

Military Press 5-75, 5-85, 3-105, 8-135, 6-145, 3-155
    Superset with:
    Band Facepulls w/ Orange Bands 6 sets of 15

BBB Decline Bench Press 5 sets of 10 @ 205
    Superset with:
    Chins 5 sets of 6 @ BW

DB Hammer Curls 3 sets of 10 @ 35
    Superset with:
    Kettlebell French Press 3 sets of 10 @ 53

Bodyweight: 210.4 Pounds (Down 12.8 pounds from 223.2 on 7/1)

Workout Duration: 0:38:09.76 h:mm:ss.ms (with 1:00 rest between sets)

Great start to Week 3 of this cycle last night. OHP was feeling a bit heavy but I managed to get all my sets and all my reps. On the last set of 3 at 155 it actually felt like a had a few more in the tank so that was good. The BBB Bench sets were tough as usual but again I got in all the reps so that's a win.

I've got this week, a deload week, and one more cycle left on this BBB 3 month challenge. I've already started thinking about what to do next and I'm thinking about running Building the Monolith again. This challenge has been giving me some good hypertrophy work...I'm thinking strength building with BTM might complement it nicely.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4lo3ECgSmV/

Nice workout Greg. Those are some damn manly SOHP numbers. You also cruised through that with those supersets to clock in under 40 minutes. Very nice!

I have been doing the same thing wondering where to go on next cycle. I am going to wait to see how I feel after the final month. I am having a feeling I am going to be feeling pretty beat up and I will probably do a jack sh!t cycle. LoL.

BTM would definitely be sweet to be able to run after 3 month challenge though.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa
    MFP @ dvldwninga

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's an awesome shirt. Nice work on the squats and deads and then the pressing last night!
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

Nice workout Greg. Those are some damn manly SOHP numbers. You also cruised through that with those supersets to clock in under 40 minutes. Very nice!

I have been doing the same thing wondering where to go on next cycle. I am going to wait to see how I feel after the final month. I am having a feeling I am going to be feeling pretty beat up and I will probably do a jack sh!t cycle. LoL.

Thanks Shane. Yeah I was happy with the OHP last night. Things were firing on all cylinders. I was just as happy with the BBB decline bench. I've been doing that same weight for 3 weeks and it feels just as heavy as the first week. I was damn happy to hit all my reps there.

I agree with you that I might feel pretty beat up by the end of the 3 month challenge. Running BTM might just be a pipe dream. I've plugged in some numbers for my TM's (roughly using the 3 back idea from 5 forward / 3 back) and going with the lower TM's it might be doable...still damn tough...but maybe doable. We'll see.

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    That's an awesome shirt. Nice work on the squats and deads and then the pressing last night!
    Thanks Dave. Yeah I bought that shirt last year at the gym. I think it's my new good look OHP shirt.

Luckily all of my lifts have been feeling pretty good lately. I have to enjoy this time between injuries...lol.

Thanks Shane. Yeah I was happy with the OHP last night. Things were firing on all cylinders. I was just as happy with the BBB decline bench. I've been doing that same weight for 3 weeks and it feels just as heavy as the first week. I was damn happy to hit all my reps there.

I agree with you that I might feel pretty beat up by the end of the 3 month challenge. Running BTM might just be a pipe dream. I've plugged in some numbers for my TM's (roughly using the 3 back idea from 5 forward / 3 back) and going with the lower TM's it might be doable...still damn tough...but maybe doable. We'll see.

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    Thanks Dave. Yeah I bought that shirt last year at the gym. I think it's my new good look OHP shirt.

Luckily all of my lifts have been feeling pretty good lately. I have to enjoy this time between injuries...lol.

7:06 am - Home

Yesterday I completed 531 BBB 3 Month Challenge (C46_3B) as follows:

Hex Bar Deadlift 3-175, 3-225, 3-265, 3-335, 3-370, 3-415

BBB Bison Bar Squats 3-135, 5 sets of 10 @ 205
    Superset with:
    Hex Bar Shrugs 5-155, 5-175, 5-225, 5-250, 5-280, 3 sets of 8 @ 225 (FSL sets)

Leg Raises 3 sets of 10

Bodyweight: 209.6 Pounds (Down 13.6 pounds from 223.2 on 7/1)

Workout Duration: 0:47:48.04 h:mm:ss.ms (with 1:00 rest between sets)

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4pmBpIgXhE/

7:24 am - Home

This morning I completed 531 BBB 3 Month Challenge (C46_3C) as follows:

Bench Press 5-140, 5-175, 3-205, 5-255, 3-290, 8-315
    Superset with:
    Band Facepulls w/ Purpls Bands 6 sets of 15

BBB Military Press 5 sets of 10 @ 105
    Superset with:
    TBar Rows 5-120, 5-145, 5-183, 5-205, 5-232, 3 sets of 8 @ 183 (FSL)

BB Curls Curls 3 sets of 10 @ 65
    Superset with:
    Kettlebell French Press 3 sets of 12 @ 50

Bodyweight: 208.4 Pounds (Down 14.8 pounds from 223.2 on 7/1)

Workout Duration: 0:52:00.00 h:mm:ss.ms (with 1:00 rest between sets)

Great workouts yesterday and today. Yesterday I hit a PR on the trap bar deadlifts of 3 reps at 415. Today I hit a PR on bench of 8 reps at 315. I'm very happy with both of those. My body is feeling pretty healthy and it feels like my strength is on the rise.

One thing of note is that for the past week (since last Monday) I've been following a mainly vegan diet. Every once in a while I eat eggs or some cheese but I'll think I'll be migrating away from that and going pure vegan for a while. There are several reasons for it, my health being a big one as my last blood test didn't have very good cholesterol numbers or blood pressure. Also, I've eaten so much meat in my life I'm looking for a change for a while. The interesting thing is that I haven't noticed any drop off in strength. In fact it's been the opposite and my strength feels great. The other thing I've noticed is less soreness. In any case, I think it'll be a good change for me.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4sM6OrgmG4/

6:10 am - Home

Today I completed 531 BBB 3 Month Challenge (C46_3D) as follows:

SSB 18" Box Squats 5-135, 5-170, 3-205, 5-255, 3-290, 1-320

BBB Trap Bar Deadlifts 5 sets of 10 @ 265

Leg Raises 3 sets of 10

Bodyweight: 208.4 Pounds (Down 14.8 pounds from 223.2 on 7/1)

Workout Duration: 0:33:06.60 h:mm:ss.ms (with 1:00 rest between sets)

Excellent workout this morning. I wemt with 5/3/1 for this workout instead of 8/6/3 so I could try a little bit heavier weight. For the next cycle I think I'll use 8/6/3 for the first 2 weeks and then 5/3/1 for the final week.

Crushing it in here Greg. That 8 x 315 on BP has me green with envy man. That is a damn impressive lift Greg!

Great job on that triple at 415 on the hex bar and 50 reps at 205 on squats is a tough way to finish that workout.

Really solid squat session today as well. Nice 320 squat and then the dreaded 10 rep deads.

Good luck with the new diet.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa
    MFP @ dvldwninga

Crushing it in here Greg. That 8 x 315 on BP has me green with envy man. That is a damn impressive lift Greg!

Great job on that triple at 415 on the hex bar and 50 reps at 205 on squats is a tough way to finish that workout.

Really solid squat session today as well. Nice 320 squat and then the dreaded 10 rep deads.

Good luck with the new diet.
    Thanks Shane. Yeah I was surprised by the 8 reps...it felt a lot harder than it looked on the video.

I was a little lazy today with the squats. It felt like I could've hit 3 reps or more at 320 but I already had BBB deadlifts on the mind so I shut it down at 1.

Thanks about the diet. It's been suprisingly enjoyable so far. Aside from the gas I've been feeling good on it. I'm curious to see how my blood work at the end of the month will come out without any meat in the diet.

6:08 am - Home

Today I completed 531 BBB 3 Month Challenge (C46_4A/C) as follows:

Bench Press 5-140, 5-175, 3 sets of 5 @ 205
    Superset with:
    Band Facepulls w/ Purple Bands 3 sets of 10

Military Press 5-75, 5-85, 3 sets of 5 @ 105
    Superset with:
    DB Hammer Curls 3 sets of 10 @ 35

MB Chins 3 sets of 5 @ BW
    Superset with:
    Kettlebell French Press 3 sets of 10 @ 50

Bodyweight: 207.8 Pounds (Down 15.4 pounds from 223.2 on 7/1)

Workout Duration: 0:25:22.49 h:mm:ss.ms (with 1:00 rest between sets)

Good deload workout today. I combined my A and C workouts into one deload workout. I'll do the same for my B and D workouts. I'm just feeling a little beat up, so I think a couple of these "easier" workouts will do me some good.

TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Such great work going on in here Greg. I take back my comment in Shane's journal. The country is definitely leaning West. Just unreal to read numbers like 8x315 on bench, and shoot, before than I was impressed with 6x295. Interesting to see how the vegan diet works for you. My cholesterol and BP numbers are not the best either but man... I just love meat... Anyway, I'm sure that is much healthier and I really look forward to reading about how that works for you. Enjoy the deload week brother!
    Male/38/5'10"/175 lbs
    Powerlifting: Squat: 315, Bench: 255, Deadlift: 420 = 990
    Running: 5K: 22:46, 10K: 49:49, 15K: 1:28:08, 13.1: 2:03:00
    Metcons: Murph: 29:43, Cindy: 27 Rounds
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7v5c_ToyBkd6_3hP2jl94w
    IG: thatsmrtrentmason2u

Good idea to combine the deloads, get twice as much done in half the time. Why didn't I think of that.

This challenge is, well, challenging. LoL. Heal up Greg and let's go crush cycle 3.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa
    MFP @ dvldwninga

TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good idea to combine the deloads, get twice as much done in half the time. Why didn't I think of that.

This challenge is, well, challenging. LoL. Heal up Greg and let's go crush cycle 3.
    I've done that a few times and at least as far as effort goes, it pretty much defeats the purpose of a deload workout as it more or less equaled the exertion done in a normal workout session. That was my experience at least. 2 sessions x 0.50 exertion = 1 normal session
    Male/38/5'10"/175 lbs
    Powerlifting: Squat: 315, Bench: 255, Deadlift: 420 = 990
    Running: 5K: 22:46, 10K: 49:49, 15K: 1:28:08, 13.1: 2:03:00
    Metcons: Murph: 29:43, Cindy: 27 Rounds
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7v5c_ToyBkd6_3hP2jl94w
    IG: thatsmrtrentmason2u

Such great work going on in here Greg. I take back my comment in Shane's journal. The country is definitely leaning West. Just unreal to read numbers like 8x315 on bench, and shoot, before than I was impressed with 6x295. Interesting to see how the vegan diet works for you. My cholesterol and BP numbers are not the best either but man... I just love meat... Anyway, I'm sure that is much healthier and I really look forward to reading about how that works for you. Enjoy the deload week brother!
    Thanks Trent. Yeah so far so good with the vegan diet. I did eat some egss yesterday because we had a bunch we needed to get rid of. Aside from that I've been sticking to it well.

Thanks Shane. Yeah I like combining them. The amount of work is much less and even combining the 2 they were still around 30 minutes or less.

I'm looking forward to starting Cycle 3...although there is definitely some nervousness too.

I've done that a few times and at least as far as effort goes, it pretty much defeats the purpose of a deload workout as it more or less equaled the exertion done in a normal workout session. That was my experience at least. 2 sessions x 0.50 exertion = 1 normal session
    Yeah the thing I've been doing is minimal work for each of the 2 workouts, so in my case it's more like 2 sessions x 0.25 exertion = 1/2 of a normal session. That felt like the perfect amount of work for me. Enough to warm up the muscles and get the blood flowing but not enough to work too hard or get sore.

6:10 am - Home

Today I completed 531 BBB 3 Month Challenge (C46_4B/D) as follows:

Bison Bar Squats 5-135, 5-175, 3 sets of 5 @ 205

Trap Bar Deadlifts 3-175, 3-225, 3 sets of 3 @ 265

Leg Raises 3 sets of 10

Bodyweight: 206.4 Pounds (Down 16.8 pounds from 223.2 on 7/1)

Workout Duration: 0:22:07.48 h:mm:ss.ms (with 1:00 rest between sets)

Good deload workout this morning. That completes my Cycle 2. Now it's on to Cycle 3. I plan to start that on Saturday morning.

You got a week head start on me which means I get to watch the mayhem from afar before I go headfirst into it. Take some good vids if you end up puking on those BBB deads.

Go crush it Greg. You are going to kick ass on it!
    IG @ JustShaneinGa
    MFP @ dvldwninga

You got a week head start on me which means I get to watch the mayhem from afar before I go headfirst into it. Take some good vids if you end up puking on those BBB deads.

Go crush it Greg. You are going to kick ass on it!
    Thanks Shane. Hopefully there are no puke moments coming. I am a bit worried about those BBB Deads though...my weight is going to be 315. I know it's all in the mind but that seems heavy for doing 50 reps.

Saturday
    9:15 am - Untamed Strength

Saturday I completed 531 BBB 3 Month Challenge (C47_1A) as follows:

Military Press 5-75, 5-95, 3-105, 5-115, 5-135, 5-155
    Superset with:
    Band Facepulls w/ Orange Bands 6 sets of 15

BBB Decline Bench Press 3-135, 2-185, 1-225, 10-245, 8-245, 6-245, 2 sets of 4 @ 245
    Superset with:
    Chins 5 sets of 7 @ BW

DB Hammer Curls 12-35, 10-40, 10-40
    Superset with:
    Kettlebell French Press 3 sets of 10 @ 53

Bodyweight: 208.2 Pounds (Down 15.0 pounds from 223.2 on 7/1)

Workout Duration: 0:41:48.29 h:mm:ss.ms (with 1:00 rest between sets)

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4724jTAKBZ/

Sunday
    6:28 am - Home

Sunday morning I completed 531 BBB 3 Month Challenge (C47_1B) as follows:

Sumo 3.5" Block Pulls 3-185, 3-225, 3-275, 3-295, 3-335, 2 sets of 3 @ 385

BBB Bison Bar Squats 2-135, 2-225, 5 sets of 5 @ 245
    Superset with:
    Hex Bar Shrugs 5-155, 5-185, 5-195, 5-229, 5-259, 3 sets of 8 @ 195 (FSL sets)

Leg Raises 3 sets of 10

Bodyweight: 206.8 Pounds (Down 16.4 pounds from 223.2 on 7/1)

Workout Duration: 0:48:21.20 h:mm:ss.ms (with 1:00 rest between sets)

Good past couple of workouts. I wasn't able to get in my 5x10's though on Bench or Squats. With bench I started at 10 and worked my way down to barely getting 4 for the last 2 sets. For squats, I could tell 245 was going to be tough for 5x10 so I just went with 5x5 instead. Going forward I have to make a decision about whether to keep the weights the same and gradually build up reps towards 5x10, or if I should drop the weight on both to 225 and just go for the 5x10 with that. I'm not sure what is best in this case.

6:02 am - Home

This morning I attempted 531 BBB 3 Month Challenge (C47_1C) as follows:

Bench Press 5-140, 5-175, 3-210, 5-225, 5-265, 2-295
    Superset with:
    Band Facepulls w/ Purpls Bands 5 sets of 15

Bodyweight: 204.4 Pounds (Down 18.8 pounds from 223.2 on 7/1)

Workout Duration: 0:15:56.52 h:mm:ss.ms (with 1:00 rest between sets)

This morning's workout turned into a bummer. I started with my bench sets and everything was feeling heavy from 210 on. I kep plugging away, though, and started my final set of 295. The first rep went OK but on the descent for the second rep, right as I reached my chest I heard a pretty loud snap, crackle, pop in my left shoulder where the pec ties in. I should have left the bar on the safeties but instead I went ahead and pressed it up and racked it. My chest and shoulder were instantly sore. I also have a visible knot on the pec.

Here is a picture of the knot. It's kind of hard to see it in the picture but you can see where the knot runs from my shoulder just above the arm pit over to my chst straight up from the nipple.

I immediately shut my workout down as I didn't feel capable of doing any more lifts without injuring myself further. Luckily I already have a doctor's appointment scheduled for Thursday to look at my ankle/foot that still haven't healed since my PCT run/hike in July. Now I can have him look at this too.

On a positive note here is my latest progress pic. I'm happy with how I've been leaning out so far and this is probably the most visible my abs have been in my entire life, so that's good.

Sorry I missed logging in here yesterday. Been a crazy week this week.

Looks like the 3rd month of the challenge is living up to it's name. I seem to remember it being pretty darn tough and that I was missing reps as well first time around. I would have to go back and look but I believe I continued to miss reps on SOHP and possibly bench but squats and deads I believe I did get them all.

I think this challenge is probably more for people who are moving less weight than you Greg. Your into some heavy weights in here, especially on pressing.

Sorry to hear about your pec. Hopefully it a minor tear.

Do you do any shoulder warm ups or push ups to warm your chest prior to benching? I know I try to do a little bit, but honestly should probably do more. Using you as an example, you have just convinced me I need to do more.

Your progress photos show your hard work man. You have definitely leaned out! Making me feel like a fatty man.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa
    MFP @ dvldwninga

Sorry I missed logging in here yesterday. Been a crazy week this week.

Looks like the 3rd month of the challenge is living up to it's name. I seem to remember it being pretty darn tough and that I was missing reps as well first time around. I would have to go back and look but I believe I continued to miss reps on SOHP and possibly bench but squats and deads I believe I did get them all.

I think this challenge is probably more for people who are moving less weight than you Greg. Your into some heavy weights in here, especially on pressing.

Sorry to hear about your pec. Hopefully it a minor tear.

Do you do any shoulder warm ups or push ups to warm your chest prior to benching? I know I try to do a little bit, but honestly should probably do more. Using you as an example, you have just convinced me I need to do more.

Your progress photos show your hard work man. You have definitely leaned out! Making me feel like a fatty man.
    Yeah Shane, I think my problem is my Training Maxes are set to high, or I should lower the %'s for the BBB sets. In any case 5x10 of the presses, bench, and squats all weren't happing. I think I'd do OK on the deadlifts but with this injury I'll probably have to lay off any heavy work like that for a while.

I'm hoping it's a minor tear or a pull. THe good thing is it's not hurting any worse than it was this morning. I mainly feel it in my front delt and that one spot on the upper edge/side of my pec. Hopefully the doctor will shed some light on it.

I think in any case I'm going to have to lay off for a week or two to see if it's just a pull and the soreness goes away. The strange thing was that cracking and popping sound...sounded like chicken bones.

I don't do any chest warmups and minimal shoulder warmups. I just start off with the bench and the band facepulls. Lesson learned... I should be warming up my chest and shoulders more lol!

Thanks for the compliment on leaning out. It feels like I've been making a lot of progress on that lately. I'm hoping to drop down to 185-190 eventually. That might be pretty ambitious though.