Thread: I'm an idiot.

gokufat will become famous soon enough. (+50) gokufat will become famous soon enough. (+50) gokufat will become famous soon enough. (+50) gokufat will become famous soon enough. (+50) gokufat will become famous soon enough. (+50) gokufat will become famous soon enough. (+50) gokufat will become famous soon enough. (+50) gokufat will become famous soon enough. (+50) gokufat will become famous soon enough. (+50) gokufat will become famous soon enough. (+50) gokufat will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I'm an idiot.

I am an idiot. I weigh over 260 pounds, more than I have ever weighed before. It got to the point that sitting in a chair to bend down and tying my shoelaces makes it difficult to breath.

I am a loser because I've been on this site for years (before creating an account). All of those stickies you guys refer to, I read them. Multiple times. I've had a gym membership for 4+ years now. I got physically stronger, that is all. I counted calories and even lost weight from it for a few months - I stopped counting though. I have tried two or maybe three different diet pills - I know they don't work but I was desperate. I used to consume protean every workout. Take multi-vitamins. Creatine. I would have lifting sessions as well as cardio-only sessions.

Despite all this, I weigh heavier than ever before. I once reached 230 pounds... was so close to getting to the 220's but I am an idiot.

Going to the doctor on monday for a referral to weight watchers. Not even sure why. Doubt that will work too.

Honestly, if I counted correctly and didn't overeat and stuck to decent gym routine - even if I lost half a pound a week I would have been at my goal by now.

I am a freaking loser. But the only thing I have going for me is that I haven't given up. The only quality I hold is persistence.

Sorry... I just needed a place to rant off. I'm just so.. tired of my self. Lately, even walking on campus has been giving me back pains. My ankle hurts. I run out of breath climbing some stairs. I sweat so much. damn....
    2/9/14 - 242.1
    2/16/14 - 241.1 [lost 1lb]
    2/23/14 - 239.4 [lost 1.5lb]
    3/02/14 - 238.4 [lost 1lb]
    3/09/14 - 235.4 [lost 3lb]
    3/16/14 - 234 [lost 1.4lb]

★Should be losing weight but nothings happening crew★
    ★Awkward handshake crew★
    ★Inshallah I lose weight crew★

rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Look man, just focus on the future. Last summer I weighed 224 lbs and tried to go out and take walks (never signed up for a gym since I didn't know how much longer I'd be living in my city so didn't want to deal with the annoyance of canceling a gym membership, plus it's easier to go outside and walk and get some fresh air than hop on a treadmill). I got down as low as 221, but I was doing too much cardio I think (walking like 75 minutes instead of maybe 45) and ended up overeating when I got back. I gave up on my weight loss after a month or two.

I stayed steady around 225 for the rest of the year until December when I hit 230. Was going through a lot of stressful stuff at the time and eating tons of crap like pizza and chinese food, etc. In late January, I was still 230. I could barely fit into my suit for job interviews. I knew I had to do something and I started getting serious about losing weight. Still had no gym membership but had a few dumbbells at home to work with and started taking walks every day. Around 45 minutes. This was in the middle of this past brutal winter (out in the midwest). Stayed dedicated to it even in 0 degree weather.

When summer approached, it got hot out (I hate the heat, and summer in general), I lost motivation, and started eating like crap again. Jumped from 212 to 218. But in August I got back at it and am now down to 210. I know if I had just lost 1 lb/week, I would have hit my goal a long time ago. But I'm not going to beat myself up over the mistakes I've made. Just make a plan and stay dedicated. Don't bother sitting at a computer reading these forums all day long. Go out and do. And know there will probably be some bumps on the road.

Aberlifesaver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aberlifesaver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aberlifesaver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aberlifesaver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aberlifesaver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aberlifesaver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aberlifesaver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aberlifesaver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aberlifesaver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aberlifesaver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aberlifesaver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You're okay, man. Everyone starts somewhere. You gotta think about how crappy you feel right now and use that to fuel yourself.

Is there a reason you read the nutrition stickies yet still decided on weight watchers? I'm pretty sure that's not what they recommend. Lol.
    Your goal should be an overall life change. When you look at fitness as a lifestyle it'll get so much easier.
    Good luck, mate.

precious31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    more exercise and self discipline

BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJinBigD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There is a year long competition going on right here in this very forum, join it, get some encouragement from the rest of us during the struggle, set your goals and make them, and if you dont, set a new goal and make that one. and if you dont make that one, we will hit you in the arse with a cattle prod!
    Former-Former-Former 400 crew!! (meaning i was under, then went over, and im now back under!!!!!)
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results"

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Write down all the reasons you want to lose fat on a little sticky note. Put it somewhere you see it every day. I did that years ago and it was the one thing that turned it around for me. Seeing that every day made me unable to forget it, and brought all those things to the top of my mind, every single day.

MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For anything to happen, you need to shut down that negative self-talk FIRST.
    Then make a plan and stick to it.
    Giving up is for losers. And you're not a loser - no matter how much you want to use that as an excuse for not losing weight.
    Thus let me live, unseen, unknown;
    Thus unlamented let me die;
    Steal from the world, and not a stone
    Tell where I lie.

2/17/15 - Dunk Tank Results: 15% bf (Omron said 18.6%) - 123.4 lbs LBM

Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Instead of thinking of yourself as a loser, why not identify yourself as the super fit, god-bodied fitness freak?

Make it WHO YOU ARE to lift/exercise/eat for purpose

You can be whatever you want to be. Decide to make fitness the most important thing in your life. You might say "oh im 260 that would be stupid to think of myself as a fitness freak..."

I'm 315 and I do. I've been thinking that way since around 400 lbs. If I don't lift - I'm not who I am anymore. If I eat too much - I'm not who I am anymore.

Too tired after a long day of work to workout? Not even a thing in my world because working out is the most important thing I do.

It's all in your head. You will be a loser if you think you are, you will be successful if you think you are.
    Started 2013: 450 lbs
    Success 2014: 270 lbs
    Failure 2015-2016: 375 lbs
    Old Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163377891

Starting again.

MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Compy386 View Post
    It's all in your head. You will be a loser if you think you are, you will be successful if you think you are.
    So much this. Repped.
    Thus let me live, unseen, unknown;
    Thus unlamented let me die;
    Steal from the world, and not a stone
    Tell where I lie.

2/17/15 - Dunk Tank Results: 15% bf (Omron said 18.6%) - 123.4 lbs LBM

srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) srilling has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do it

Imagine future you reading that post in a year after having lost 50 pounds. It can be done, and more.

Good luck

Registered User devilsrule61287's Avatar
    devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devilsrule61287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You have to stop with the negative talk about yourself. When you think of yourself in that light, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. And anyway, you are NOT a loser simply by failing at something. A loser is someone who allows that failure to defeat them, and who stops trying as a result.

Ask literally anyone who has ever accomplished anything to which you aspire, or which you respect. And you will quickly find that they failed a whole bunch of times along the way. Its failure that teaches you how to succeed.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yup, that is pretty idiotic. So are you going to spend the next few years being a idiot or actually do something about it ? It's all up to you.

Dmac posted a excellent strategy, make post-it notes with your goals, reason to change, why you want to drop the fat, all the problems you got because of the weight etc. and post em everywhere. If you have constant reminders everywhere it's harder to make excuses for not doing it.
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sorry to hear about your woes, dude.. It sucks.

Apparently, you have the knowledge as to what needs to be done, while it is the execution that lacks in your case. At the very least, you shouldnt have stopped counting. It is the single most important thing anyone can do - keeping accurate track of your foods. I have a very good appetite myself, but I keep it in check because I know that in reality I NEED much less food than i WANT. And that is the bottom line.

Finding small things in everyday life that assist the motivation levels is a good thing too. Like Dmac suggested, keep a short list of reasons why you would be better off as a thinner guy and refer to it DAILY! It really helps! Similar strategy helped me to quit smoking more than 3 years ago and I think it applies here as well.

Recently I even changed a profile picture on one my media accounts to the one of Christian Bale in Machinist. Looking at it every now and then gives me a bonus boost as well - if he could do it for that role, then I can reach my goals as well!

Good luck man!

shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dude, It sounds like you just need more encouragement. Until a certain moment your not gonna lose weight, at least for me. I know when I got up to 230lbs I was like: Okay thats more than I ever weighed but once I hit 240 I'll start losing weight, then when I had to get the next size up in pants I was like Okay I'll get these but if I have to go up another size I'm gonna lose weight, then I hit 250 lbs I was like meh whatever I can still fit in these pants, I'll start after I cant fit in them (with a belt on since I couldnt button them anymore). Finally for me I got a new job and they offered a free membership to a gym as long as you go 8 times a month so I started going with my nephew and after 2 months of going I decided that the time for excuses was over and thats when I started dieting and havent looked back since.
    You now looking at yourself as a loser just may be the kickstart you need to get yourself going on this path. Just take small steps dont get too drastic right out of the gate from what I hear the slower you lose it the more likely you will be to keep it off. Probably because if you lose it too fast you may revert back to binge eating where if you lose slower you'll learn to eat and be satisfied with smaller portions. I guess weight watchers isnt a real bad way of going since if you do go you'll be in a group and will at first have others there that can motivate you and after your in it for awhile you may be able to help motivate other people there and be their motivation as well just dont go with the half hearted attitude, go in with the view that your going to lose the weight and be there motivation!!

shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shoprat48092 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh and btw sometimes when I hear people say they're a loser and give reasons like that I think of this quote from Al Bundy :

" So you think I"m a loser? Just because I have a stinking job that I hate? A family that doesn't respect me? a whole city that curses the day that I was born? Well that may mean loser to you but let me tell you something. Every morning when I wake up I know it's not going to get any better until I go back to sleep again. So I get up, have my watered down tang and still frozen pop tart. Get in my car with no upholstery, no gas and six more payments. To fight traffic just for the privilege of putting cheap shoes on the cloven hooves of people like you. I'll never play football like I thought I would, I'll never know the touch a beautiful woman and I'll never again know the joy of driving without a bag on my head but I'm not a loser. Because despite it all, me and every other guy who will never be what he wanted to be are still out there being what we don't want to be forty hours a week for life. And the fact that I haven't put a gun in my mouth you pudding of a woman makes me a winner!" - Married With Children (Sitcom)

grebber will become famous soon enough. (+50) grebber will become famous soon enough. (+50) grebber will become famous soon enough. (+50) grebber will become famous soon enough. (+50) grebber will become famous soon enough. (+50) grebber will become famous soon enough. (+50) grebber will become famous soon enough. (+50) grebber will become famous soon enough. (+50) grebber will become famous soon enough. (+50) grebber will become famous soon enough. (+50) grebber will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Love this post.
    Repped

Originally Posted by Compy386 View Post
    Instead of thinking of yourself as a loser, why not identify yourself as the super fit, god-bodied fitness freak?

Make it WHO YOU ARE to lift/exercise/eat for purpose

You can be whatever you want to be. Decide to make fitness the most important thing in your life. You might say "oh im 260 that would be stupid to think of myself as a fitness freak..."

I'm 315 and I do. I've been thinking that way since around 400 lbs. If I don't lift - I'm not who I am anymore. If I eat too much - I'm not who I am anymore.

Too tired after a long day of work to workout? Not even a thing in my world because working out is the most important thing I do.

AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You aren't an idiot.

You just are not motivated.

I had a path not unlike yours. I wasn't here but I did things like Atkins, I had a gym membership I'd use off and on, I didn't stick to a plan long enough. I lost motivation.

Then we were filming something with the kids and I just had a pair of shorts on. Seeing me from behind with the muffin top looking like **** and something clicked after like 5 years of no progress. That was about 4 years ago. Then I found this place, putzed around with some of the bad programs they have on the main site, but got really dialed in and I've been going strong since, even though I'm long past that initial motivation.

You simply have to want it more than the effort it takes. What your motivation is we can't help.
    Obsession is a term the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zagaboi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are a looser if you CHOOSE to act like one. The fact that you signed up in this forums, read the stickies, followed the routines is a way of showing you do not want to be a looser. You want to change the way you look, improve your health, and is trying to be fit as much as possible... that is motivation. Just because you are having bumps right now and is feeling down, that doesnt make you a looser because you are still here posting this thread so somebody can give you an idea on what you need to do.

Now on that note, I am not an expert but if you are trying to loose fat, why are you drinking protien shakes before workout. You will need your body to actully use those stored fat, in doing so, lessen your calories. Take away those protien shakes, you do not need it for now. Buy some fat burners, there are a bunch of inexpensive, safe, and good ones bb.com is selling, grab one of those.

Get a calorie counter and tracker, there are a lot of free apps for your phone. If you are using an old one, google some. Here are some I JUST googled now:

myfitnesspal.com
    my-calorie-counter.com
    myfooddiary.com

Those are just three, there's a ton more. In fact if you search this forum, you will find better calorie counters. Once you have one, stick to your recommended calorie allowance. You can have a deficit but not over. When you go to the gym, do cardio. Lift weights maybe 2 or 3 days a week, then the rest cardio.

This road is hard, but if you stick to your plans and goals, you will get what you want! Giving up are for kids, you can do it, stay focused!!

ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChrisVigor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You're pathetic.

Delete this thread and down a box of pizza you blithering pod

Mrloseit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mrloseit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mrloseit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mrloseit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mrloseit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mrloseit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mrloseit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mrloseit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mrloseit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mrloseit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mrloseit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Pick your head up. Grow a pair and sprout one. Your a man. Take control of your situation and DO Something About It.

You can talk about it feel bad about it but until you do something it will stay the same or get worst.

If you dont know something find out. Being Persistent is a good thing but you have to do the right things to get the right results.

Your doing something wrong change what you are doing. If you cant figure it out hire someone to do it for you.
    They laughed when I told them
    I was going to lose 40 pounds…

But when I had to take my shirt off at the beach they didn't know I had… ===> www.MrLoseit.com