PhilKG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

advice on tricep and elbow pain?

Basically no matter how heavy or light a weight is i cannot do any overhead tricep exercises or any pushing exercises including BB Close grip as it just causes pain to my elbows. Ive tried supplements, rehab and ice and nothing helps my elbows with them movements.

The only exercises i can do for my Tri's is Pushdowns with rope and bar, one handed push/pulldown with one handed grip and dips, is this still okay for a tricep workout?

MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Take some time off, see a professional. That much information will not be sufficient over the Internet, nor is any amount of information for that matter.

Originally Posted by MitchyDee View Post
    Take some time off, see a professional. That much information will not be sufficient over the Internet, nor is any amount of information for that matter.
    Ive been to a professional and i had an xray and mri and shown nothing is wrong with the elbow, it doesn't hurt when i train any other muscle but just tricep.

Registered User PropertyOfHeidi's Avatar
    PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's probably because of too much elbow tuck. I can't really help you with close grip pressing because that's another story, but with overhead tricep exercises it's a good idea to have a wider grip and flare your elbows at the bottom. I had elbow discomfort from tucking my elbows too much, then did this and the elbow pain on other things got better. Juggernaut Fitness on YouTube has a video on this somewhere, regarding elbow pain from overhead tricep movements.

Originally Posted by PropertyOfHeidi View Post
    It's probably because of too much elbow tuck. I can't really help you with close grip pressing because that's another story, but with overhead tricep exercises it's a good idea to have a wider grip and flare your elbows at the bottom. I had elbow discomfort from tucking my elbows too much, then did this and the elbow pain on other things got better. Juggernaut Fitness on YouTube has a video on this somewhere, regarding elbow pain from overhead tricep movements.
    okay thank you! Ive also been recovering from a anterior shoulder injury and its not too bad now and im allowed to train back at the gym, what exercises are okay to train shoulders, back and chest? To prevent pain?

PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PropertyOfHeidi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PhilKG View Post
    okay thank you! Ive also been recovering from a anterior shoulder injury and its not too bad now and im allowed to train back at the gym, what exercises are okay to train shoulders, back and chest? To prevent pain?
    well I'm no advanced lifter but my personal opinion is that if you have a pre-existing shoulder injury, it would be a good idea to do neutral grip exercises for your chest. this includes neutral grip dumbbell bench pressing and bench pressing with a football bar if you have access to one. the neutral grip will take stress off of your rotator cuffs, I'd normally say do conventional chest exercises but with a pre-existing shoulder injury it might be too risky. you can also give basic bench pressing (incline, decline or flat, all work) a go too if you want, if they feel fine nothing is stopping you from doing them

as for back, I wouldn't go for wide-grip lat pulldowns or wide grip pull ups, or anything wide grip in general. I'd go for something like V-Bar pulldowns, T-Bar rows or just basic barbell rows, as long as your grip isn't too wide your delts will be protected. as for shoulders, they should be fine with generic pressing movements, but I'm not so sure. it's kind of unreliable for me to give you advice because injuries are not in my field of expertise

best of luck!

Originally Posted by PropertyOfHeidi View Post
    well I'm no advanced lifter but my personal opinion is that if you have a pre-existing shoulder injury, it would be a good idea to do neutral grip exercises for your chest. this includes neutral grip dumbbell bench pressing and bench pressing with a football bar if you have access to one. the neutral grip will take stress off of your rotator cuffs, I'd normally say do conventional chest exercises but with a pre-existing shoulder injury it might be too risky. you can also give basic bench pressing (incline, decline or flat, all work) a go too if you want, if they feel fine nothing is stopping you from doing them

as for back, I wouldn't go for wide-grip lat pulldowns or wide grip pull ups, or anything wide grip in general. I'd go for something like V-Bar pulldowns, T-Bar rows or just basic barbell rows, as long as your grip isn't too wide your delts will be protected. as for shoulders, they should be fine with generic pressing movements, but I'm not so sure. it's kind of unreliable for me to give you advice because injuries are not in my field of expertise

best of luck!

Okay thats a big help and thank you!! I need any help possible so im greatful

Originally Posted by PhilKG View Post
    Okay thats a big help and thank you!! I need any help possible so im greatful
    no problem mate