Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I plead the 6th. whitecollarcrim's Avatar
    whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000) whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000) whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000) whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000) whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000) whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000) whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000) whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000) whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000) whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000) whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JRJester View Post
    LOL. Literally everything you said was completely potato. Where do kids come up with this ****? Have you even declared your major? Ton's of C-suite execs have an accounting back ground. It is the most well rounded business major you can study.

Sales?? How many people make it big in sales? 1%? Less? I won't even dignify your HR comment with a response.

If you manage to last in accounting, after a decade or two of experience you will be in a much more comfortable position than HR ''professionals'' or your average sales chump.

You'd still hate your life though LOL
    Ready to get showed up? Like get ready.

Sales specifically. The average sales rep if you average student at university who didn't like accounting or finance and wanted an okay job. Not the best of the best. You take the same mentality you would towards iBanking or consulting and apply it towards sales (i.e. 80 hour work weeks, copious months learning the technicals, etc.) I can guarantee you will outsell everyone in your company and make well over 6 figures. Seen it happen with 2 friends. Wanted to do iBanking, went to too unknown of a school, so got a job at a medium-tier software company, and within three years are balling.

Same idea goes with HR. Not admin stuff, the real HR. The compensation and benfits analysis, the labor training and labor law portions, even the talent acquisition type stuff. Check the pedigrees of CHRO's (they tend to be what you would think of as average students in school). They were a big fish (smart people) in a small pond (HR). Even for top MBA's you rarely have people trying to get in with an HR/Management focus, so it's easier to get top pedigree through it. Put in the hard work like you would for consulting/iBanking (all those hours and time and effort) and you will within 10 years be Jr. VP of Human Resources (or Human Capital) and be in the 150-300 range on your way to CHRO.

Now compare that to iBanking or consulting which requires such a time effort, and you competing against others with better experience, connections and everything else. If you're in the top 10% but not number 1%. Cause how many people actually get into high finance or the upper levels of corporate finance (and all those competing for it)? Then you have a much better ability of striking it big with sales or HR.

Dumb fuk.
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they."

Start date to Aestheticism: 10/11/2015

Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Acetheticz View Post
    You're acting as if all business majors HAVE to put their GPA out there. Maybe for finance, but what about business management? global business? HR? supply chain? I've seen internships posted on my Uni's (ASU, W.P. Carey) website that don't require you to state your GPA if you don't want to.

And I'm giving you one example. Honestly idk how someone can get a gpa below a 3.0 but it happens. I just don't believe you need a 3.5+ gpa in order to make it. Connections and networking are what matter. Goodluck with your career, miscer.
    Saying you need a 3.0 literally says GPA matters.

Yeah, you don't have to state your GPA on your resume. It's a standard thing to do and not placing your GPA there just raises flags and questions.

Originally Posted by AyoTech View Post
    What fuking idiot thinks business is harder than liberal arts?????

Liberal arts majors become MBAs or turn to post-graduate training in law, medicine, or some other specialized chit. Trust me I graduated with a degree in Finance/accounting and ALL of my liberal arts and humanities people went on to actually become successful.

Then again, I went to a top school.
    Biggest nonsense on this thread, thank you.

Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You don't need a business background to learn business at the graduate level lol, or science to do medicine. There are things called "prereqs" for mostly any graduate coursework.

I.e. Philosophy, English, and History have a higher chance at getting into med school than Biochemistry and Biology (dead srs look up AMA stats for incoming med students).

Guessing you never went to grad school.
    Im aware you dont need a business UG for an MBA but your first point was liberal arts majors become MBA's was it not? Seems kind of dumb when you previously bashed business major undergrads. Currently in grad school with zero undergrad liberal arts majors. They must be too busy ceo/10k a day right now.

Prim3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Prim3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Prim3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Prim3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Prim3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Prim3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Prim3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Prim3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Prim3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Prim3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Prim3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Alright boys. This is coming from someone who's talked to multiple recruiters at top firms.

Originally Posted by Acetheticz View Post
    Connections, Work Experience/Internships, and Networking is all that matters honestly.
    Listen to this, OP.

Originally Posted by Efre View Post
    yeah I'm sure you're going to get an internship in any field with a 2.0
    I've known people who got it at 2.1-2.2. I got an internship at 2.x (<2.5).

Originally Posted by Efre View Post
    You can't get an internship from your major department if you have a 2.5, you won't place your GPA on a resume if it's a 2.5, and you can't get into any of the events for business groups to make ANY connections with a 2.5

we've just concluded that GPA matters

quotes guying saying you need at least 3.0
    posts saying brother had 3.1
    concludes connections are everything

I swear miscers are morons
    False. Maybe your uni is like that. In Canada, as long as you're above 2.0, you'll be fine. Can't say for sure for business classes though.

Originally Posted by ryantatarniuk View Post
    C's get degree's

srs
    A's and B's work for C's.

Originally Posted by joat View Post
    um i had like a 2.2 and got a job making 56k outta uni lol....

GPA does not matter. I even know ppl who lie about their gpa, and companies wont pay for the transcript so they take their word for it. It's all about how you present yourself.

How fukin retarded do u have to be to let a arbitrary number hold you back from getting a job? either that or like stated above, you lack some serious social skills
    This. Majority of the people who get 3.5 are FA miscers with no social skills whatsoever. Can't improvise or come up with things to speak on the spot at an interview. Then they post on the misc saying they can't get a job.

Of course, there are students with great GPAs and a social background but those are rare. At least in Engineering (which apparently majority of the misc is in (or Comp Sci)).

Originally Posted by whitecollarcrim View Post
    Depends what you mean by good job. For a 45k-50k a year starting job you'll need the following:

3.5+ for Liberal Arts
    3.3+ in Business
    3.0+ in Engineering

Generally if you have a 3.5 in History, mixed with a internships in business.
    You'll be able to land business jobs, more successfully, than 3.5 in business with 0 internships.
    SRS.

Get one internship, 3.5GPA, and be a cool athletic and charismatic dude and your life is set.
    When it's all said and done it's about experience and fitting in.

Accounting circle jerk happening in here.
    In terms of effort to payout, Human Resources and Sales both have a much higher payout than accounting.
    Don't think so for Engineering. People have gotten 60k with 2.5 GPA. Just depends on the company, experience and most importantly networking.

In short, OP: Networking -> ALL

People with 2.5 have gotten hired over someone with 3.5 just because the 2.5 knows someone.

AyoTech is a complete loser! (-2000) AyoTech is a complete loser! (-2000) AyoTech is a complete loser! (-2000) AyoTech is a complete loser! (-2000) AyoTech is a complete loser! (-2000) AyoTech is a complete loser! (-2000) AyoTech is a complete loser! (-2000) AyoTech is a complete loser! (-2000) AyoTech is a complete loser! (-2000) AyoTech is a complete loser! (-2000) AyoTech is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by Last2K11Brah View Post
    Im aware you dont need a business UG for an MBA but your first point was liberal arts majors become MBA's was it not? Seems kind of dumb when you previously bashed business major undergrads. Currently in grad school with zero undergrad liberal arts majors. They must be too busy ceo/10k a day right now.
    I'm an accounting/finance major, nothing personal.

But a lot of the more successful liberal arts people are at TOP MBA programs like Harvard and Stanford (that I know of ...)

Third tier business is full of general business grads tho lol
    *Mod Negged for rooting for Seahawks Crew *
    *Getting out of Mod Neg Crew*

11-6-14 @ -111k

10-15-14 @ -146k

09-14-14 @ -345k

Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Efre is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Prim3 View Post
    Alright boys. This is coming from someone who's talked to multiple recruiters at top firms.

Listen to this, OP.

I've known people who got it at 2.1-2.2. I got an internship at 2.x (<2.5).

False. Maybe your uni is like that. In Canada, as long as you're above 2.0, you'll be fine. Can't say for sure for business classes though.

A's and B's work for C's.

This. Majority of the people who get 3.5 are FA miscers with no social skills whatsoever. Can't improvise or come up with things to speak on the spot at an interview. Then they post on the misc saying they can't get a job.

Of course, there are students with great GPAs and a social background but those are rare. At least in Engineering (which apparently majority of the misc is in (or Comp Sci)).

Don't think so for Engineering. People have gotten 60k with 2.5 GPA. Just depends on the company, experience and most importantly networking.

In short, OP: Networking -> ALL

People with 2.5 have gotten hired over someone with 3.5 just because the 2.5 knows someone.
    this is a thread about freedom and america

none of this applies to canadia brahs

KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KevRU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    3.9 bra checking in... Depends on your major. I would say you should be alright with 3.0+ depending on your school as well.

EDIT:

The higher the GPA easier it is to get the first job interview. If you know your stuff once you get the job interview you will be good. You can have a 4.0 and don't know **** but what the teacher tested on and have 0 experience. After your first job GPA means nothing really...
    Snapple Bowl 2011 All-Star

isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000)
    For your first few jobs yes, after like five years no.

As an employer, who would you want, given the same credentials, someone with a 3.5+ GPA or someone with a 2.8-2.9 GPA?

3.5 GPA guy shows that he has the discipline and organizational skill sets to be on top of things and take things seriously.

FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP, you can't just focus on one thing or another. Focus on everything.

GPA, experience/internship, networking and scratching people's backs.
    - Biracial Angel Crew
    - Sleep Naked Crew
    - [A]lpha [B]eard [C]rew
    - Big Beautiful Bus Crew
    - Negging fellow Vancouverite on sight crew
    - Gained 130lbs+ crew
    - Have a lot of baby fat crew

Start Weight: 376.8 - Current Weight 314.0 - Goal Weight 180.0

whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000) whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000) whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000) whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000) whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000) whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000) whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000) whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000) whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000) whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000) whitecollarcrim is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm an accounting/finance major, nothing personal.

But a lot of the more successful liberal arts people are at TOP MBA programs like Harvard and Stanford (that I know of ...)

Third tier business is full of general business grads tho lol
    Honestly bro I'm not reading all of that.

Cliff it if you want me to have a discussion with you
    You're a lazy fuk. No wonder you have such a hard time finding work for more than $15 an hour.

And that's because when you go to a top 20 school.
    They don't even have business degrees.
    So therefore they have more Historys/Classics/etc.
    And those top 20 schools just go to each other's grad schools.
    If you are outside the top 20, liberal arts are normally a no go without a plan.
    You're really bad at this.

JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by isawthesign View Post
    For your first few jobs yes, after like five years no.

As an employer, who would you want, given the same credentials, someone with a 3.5+ GPA or someone with a 2.8-2.9 GPA?

3.5 GPA guy shows that he has the discipline and organizational skill sets to be on top of things and take things seriously.

if the 3.5 guy has a cringy awkward personality, the 2.8 guy every time.

Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Acetheticz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ready to get showed up? Like get ready.

Sales specifically. The average sales rep if you average student at university who didn't like accounting or finance and wanted an okay job. Not the best of the best. You take the same mentality you would towards iBanking or consulting and apply it towards sales (i.e. 80 hour work weeks, copious months learning the technicals, etc.) I can guarantee you will outsell everyone in your company and make well over 6 figures. Seen it happen with 2 friends. Wanted to do iBanking, went to too unknown of a school, so got a job at a medium-tier software company, and within three years are balling.

Same idea goes with HR. Not admin stuff, the real HR. The compensation and benfits analysis, the labor training and labor law portions, even the talent acquisition type stuff. Check the pedigrees of CHRO's (they tend to be what you would think of as average students in school). They were a big fish (smart people) in a small pond (HR). Even for top MBA's you rarely have people trying to get in with an HR/Management focus, so it's easier to get top pedigree through it. Put in the hard work like you would for consulting/iBanking (all those hours and time and effort) and you will within 10 years be Jr. VP of Human Resources (or Human Capital) and be in the 150-300 range on your way to CHRO.

Now compare that to iBanking or consulting which requires such a time effort, and you competing against others with better experience, connections and everything else. If you're in the top 10% but not number 1%. Cause how many people actually get into high finance or the upper levels of corporate finance (and all those competing for it)? Then you have a much better ability of striking it big with sales or HR.

Dumb fuk.

*Willing to risk it all crew*

Nerve_Damage is a name known to all. (+5000) Nerve_Damage is a name known to all. (+5000) Nerve_Damage is a name known to all. (+5000) Nerve_Damage is a name known to all. (+5000) Nerve_Damage is a name known to all. (+5000) Nerve_Damage is a name known to all. (+5000) Nerve_Damage is a name known to all. (+5000) Nerve_Damage is a name known to all. (+5000) Nerve_Damage is a name known to all. (+5000) Nerve_Damage is a name known to all. (+5000) Nerve_Damage is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TheBi5ds View Post
    Never been asked about gpa in an interview or what school I went to. After the first job your education doesn't really matter...experience is much more important.
    This. After first 2 years of working, nobody asked me about my GPA or which school I went to. I don't even put it on my CV anymore.

JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JMAG90 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by fitguy23 View Post
    gpa only matters if u are going to continue ur education. If not gpa do not matter. As long as u have a bachelors degree its what matters
    lol that is not true at all

My company won't even interview you if you had below a 3.5 GPA

If you want to work at a top company (Exxon, Google, JP, etc.) you better be in the 3.8 with relevant work experience. Exxon essentially won't take you if you have a single C in any engineering related class.

Pls don't give bull**** information gooby i dun want to neg u.
    Watchout your neg comments princess

Murder Beats Not People recreateme's Avatar
    recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am in Canada, and no one has ever asked me my GPA - I have been working for 6 years as a Structural / Civil Engineer, for 3 different global companies and no one has ever asked me about my education background beyond "Says here you have a degree in Civil engineering? Did you take Structural classes? Conrete, steel and wood right ? " My answer was always 'Yes, and yes, all three" End of the conversation on education.

I have never interviewed for a job i didn't get.

So IME no, no on cares what your grades are once you finish as long as you know your chit.

brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Had a 3.9... never once have been asked about it or put it on mt resume. Nobody cares.
    The only 5k I will ever complete: rep power on bb.com

Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10) Last2K11Brah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You're a lazy fuk. No wonder you have such a hard time finding work for more than $15 an hour.

And that's because when you go to a top 20 school.
    They don't even have business degrees.
    So therefore they have more Historys/Classics/etc.
    And those top 20 schools just go to each other's grad schools.
    If you are outside the top 20, liberal arts are normally a no go without a plan.
    You're really bad at this.
    Top schools have economics divisions which are the equivalent to setting yourself up for an MBA. About half of my vanderbilt class were econ

isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000) isawthesign is a name known to all. (+5000)
    if the 3.5 guy has a cringy awkward personality, the 2.8 guy every time.
    why the hell do you assume the 3.5 guy is nerdy?? when discussing gpa, assume both are equal... and in any case, you act like getting 3.5 is extremely difficult or unattainable... learn to manage your time and not get drunk and do drugs 3 times a week. i dont understand how people cannot even hold a 3.0+ gpa. i literally could have not ever studied and half-assed to a 3.0.

anyone that has a lower than 3.0 gpa has no excuse unless you're doing liek aerospace engineering or chemical engineering

JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000) JRJester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    why the hell do you assume the 3.5 guy is nerdy?? when discussing gpa, assume both are equal... and in any case, you act like getting 3.5 is extremely difficult or unattainable... learn to manage your time and not get drunk and do drugs 3 times a week. i dont understand how people cannot even hold a 3.0+ gpa. i literally could have not ever studied and half-assed to a 3.0.

anyone that has a lower than 3.0 gpa has no excuse unless you're doing liek aerospace engineering or chemical engineering

I don't assume it. I'm just saying it comes down to personality over GPA. 3.5 is obtainable with a minimal amount of effort.

Dont get so defensive.

Make sure you're well rounded is all I'm telling you

arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) arkskier is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP, here's the quick rundown:

If you're applying for grad school, grades matter. Although awards/experience will matter too.

If you're looking for your first job out of college, grades and school will definitely matter.

If you're applying for your second or third or fourth job, employers will look at your work experience and probably your school too, but not your grades. Employers will look for specific skills that they can immediately use, and they will know this based on your past work experience, not your college grades, which sometimes have almost nothing to do with actual current skills.
    52 books in 52 weeks crew
    yellow fever crew
    150 IQ crew
    I always rape back crew

Blacryan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blacryan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blacryan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blacryan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blacryan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blacryan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blacryan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blacryan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blacryan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blacryan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Blacryan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Having been in the real world now... GPA doesn't mean **** unless you're trying to get into grad school. Once you have that piece of paper... your personality and interview skills mean more than anything else.
    Fantasy Football Team (1ppr) - http://i.imgur.com/o4i4xs3.png

I don't assume it. I'm just saying it comes down to personality over GPA. 3.5 is obtainable with a minimal amount of effort.

Dont get so defensive.

Make sure you're well rounded is all I'm telling you
    so we agree. point being, there's no excuse not to get at least a 3.0 in college. stop with this gpa doesn't matter nonsense,,, i got a 2.8 gpa and landed a job and so and so did too. it matters, but less than you think. but in any case, a sub 3.0 is pitiful. im sorry if im being mean

retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're only gonna do one undergrad degree in your life (unless you're a potato who does like sociology then goes back ten years later to do something worth an ass), might as well get a decent grade FFS
    MAGA crew
    Late 30s crew
    CS crew

I've never understood this either.
    I have over a 3.5 while working full time and going to school and having taken some pretty rought QuantEcon courses, it sucked.
    But I still probably spend 35 hours at work and only 30 hours homework/studying/lecture time.

Blows my mind that the average is like a 3.07 when you realize that the average has more easy majors included than hard majors.

Originally Posted by arkskier View Post
    OP, here's the quick rundown:

If you're applying for grad school, grades matter. Although awards/experience will matter too.

If you're looking for your first job out of college, grades and school will definitely matter.

If you're applying for your second or third or fourth job, employers will look at your work experience and probably your school too, but not your grades. Employers will look for specific skills that they can immediately use, and they will know this based on your past work experience, not your college grades, which sometimes have almost nothing to do with actual current skills.
    the bolded is so true.
    the HR manager at my job said she gives more weight to the technical skills/certifications and experience than any school/awards/gpa stuff.
    makes sense honestly.

Awephuckbye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Awephuckbye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Awephuckbye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Awephuckbye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Awephuckbye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Awephuckbye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Awephuckbye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Awephuckbye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Awephuckbye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Awephuckbye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Awephuckbye is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Where are you based? I know in Aust most grad jobs look at GPA as they need a comparison for applicants.
    Get exp doe... says a lot more than GPA and is most likely to get you in the door.

IsLifeRealLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsLifeRealLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsLifeRealLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsLifeRealLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsLifeRealLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsLifeRealLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsLifeRealLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsLifeRealLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsLifeRealLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsLifeRealLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsLifeRealLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    connections > gpa
    internships > gpa
    experience > gpa

gpa > no connections, internships, or experience
    Big Baller Brand Crew

lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Most BA's don't get you jobs. Most professions require graduate school. This whole notion of going to college and becoming successful is American propaganda and everyone eats it up. If you think getting your cookie cutter 4 year BA is going to have you amount to anything noteworthy you're in for a serious wake up call.

Doctor - med school
    Layer - law school
    Clinical psychologist - PhD
    etc
    etc
    *Look at reflection in car window and flex every time crew*
    *Use half the roll to wipe after a poo crew*
    *Fart in the gym and blame rotten smell on faulty ventilation crew*
    *Fart at home and blame it on the dog crew*
    *Watch neutron-star density poop mock me as water flushes around it and it stays put crew*
    *Drive 2 minutes in the summer and back of shirt gets completely wet crew*
    *Coffee black as midnight on a moonless night crew*
    *Fat shame my cat on a daily basis crew*

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GPA in your major/minor matters. If you have a low overall GPA because you blew underwater basket weaving or Lit100 and your major is Geography then you should be OK as long as you have a 3.5 GPA in your major. If your GPA in your major is a 2.0 then you're likely to have problems being hired in your field. I know I wouldn't hire you.

Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Slugrunner79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you plan on doing anything afterwards that requires a good GPA and high credentials (grad school, med school, law school, a good position with a top company or firm) then your undergraduate grade absolutely does matter.
    *Texas Longhorn crew*
    *Deathsquad crew*
    *The Church of What's Happenin' crew*

Big dicks in your ass is bad for your health!!!