Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Nobody is asking them to. Don't you get that?
    I can understand a little bit but I never understood why some people when they do something dont' do it to the extreme. I mean to be the best you must continue to get stronger and so forth. Push yourself harder than you did before when you were in the gym.

These people just go and they sit there on their cell phones while they walk on the treadmill. I don't understand that at all.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ChrisCollins91 View Post
    I can understand a little bit but I never understood why some people when they do something dont' do it to the extreme. I mean to be the best you must continue to get stronger and so forth. Push yourself harder than you did before when you were in the gym.

These people just go and they sit there on their cell phones while they walk on the treadmill. I don't understand that at all.
    Another Pro Tip: Develop some moderation in your training and your nutrition (and being less judgmental of your fellow fitness center patrons would be a good idea as well).

If you happen to be one of those "All or Nothing" trainees, your bodybuilding career is going to be a very short one. True story.

Tired of beating a dead horse ITT.

Good luck meeting your fitness goals for 2014.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ChrisCollins91 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Another Pro Tip: Develop some moderation in your training and your nutrition (and being less judgmental of your fellow fitness center patrons would be a good idea as well).

If you happen to be one of those "All or Nothing" trainees, your bodybuilding career is going to be a very short one. True story.
    Listen I agree with you 100 %.

I was just ranting a little bit on here since we all share the same focus when it comes to bodybuilding.

力 Do You Even Powerlift 力 CJ93UK's Avatar
    CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000) CJ93UK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Prioritizing your life for your goals.

Now I know 99% of people on this site will disagree with him...

...however 99.99% of people on this site aren't even nearly as strong as him.

Hmm...

...I get the feeling you're gonna like a lot of what that guy has to say, so check out his channel if you feel up to it. He's not exactly a BB, but his training philosophies are pretty extreme, and his commitment to his success is perhaps even more than what you expect of people who train.

MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I always thought training was done to increase athletic performance. Has nothing to do with "living" or "breathing" anything but increasing your athletic capacity. If you aren't trying to improve your lifts, then you aren't training. Simple as that imo. Doesn't matter how many times a week you go, if the stress you're putting on your body creates an adaptation that results in t3h gains.. you are training.

Anyone that says otherwise sounds like a doosh imo

krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not everybody has the same goal. Somebody just wan't to be thin, fit, healthy or whatever. I do bodybuild because I want to, it's a choice. Some of my friends choose to train 3 months to get a 6 pack for the holydays. Other guys do cardio after a big meal to burn half the calories eaten or less. Everything is respectable.

Originally Posted by krysix View Post
    Not everybody has the same goal. Somebody just wan't to be thin, fit, healthy or whatever. I do bodybuild because I want to, it's a choice. Some of my friends choose to train 3 months to get a 6 pack for the holydays. Other guys do cardio after a big meal to burn half the calories eaten or less. Everything is respectable.
    Or simply workout so they keep their heart healthy enough so they can justify being an alcoholic. There are people out there who workout so they can justify their drinking habits. For example Sarah will drink heavy every weekend so she knows that it is important to exercise during the week. She exercises to support her drinking habits on the weekend. She knows if she didn't workout during the week she would more than likely not look very good. Her exercise allows her to drink more than if she didn't exercise. Her goals are centered around being able to go out with the girls on the weekend and maintain her appearance. Its not uncommon for her to meet the girls on Wednesday nights to throw back a few cocktails as well.

A bodybuilder or serious athlete would not get gains if they lived the same way as Sarah.
    Last edited by ChrisCollins91; 08-29-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Or simply workout so they keep their heart healthy enough so they can justify being an alcoholic.
    being an alcoholic has nothing to do with your heart health...it's all about your liver. I should know...I'm a former alcoholic
    OG

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    But what I have learned in 4 months...
    That explains it^
    OG

Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've already stated I am not an expert on here.

But what I have learned in 4 months is the way people sacrifice to reach their goals. What real lifters do day in and day out to become great.

These people I speak of do not follow the same sacrifices you guys do on here.
    lold

It's good that you're working to improve yourself but why don't you settle down a little and focus on yourself instead of other people.

Originally Posted by Trigger543 View Post
    lold

It's good that you're working to improve yourself but why don't you settle down a little and focus on yourself instead of other people.
    I have read plenty over the last 4 months on what real dedication is. I may not be an expert in the gym myself but I know what I have read. And these people are not following those rules. The same rules that a guy who lifts seriously follows. Sorry yeah you may have your genetic freaks who can drink heavy and still make gains but majority of people unless they are on Juice can't do that without sacrifice.

MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Imo OP took a preworkout for the first time before making this thread and was in an overly motivated state.

Originally Posted by MikePlow View Post
    Imo OP took a preworkout for the first time before making this thread and was in an overly motivated state.
    lol no just trying to make conversation since most of us here take this seriously. I thought most of you would have supported this thread instead of tearing it to shreds. Oh well I'll lay off the people at the gyms who I think don't train as hard as they should.

I have read plenty over the last 4 months on what real dedication is. I may not be an expert in the gym myself but I know what I have read. And these people are not following those rules. The same rules that a guy who lifts seriously follows. Sorry yeah you may have your genetic freaks who can drink heavy and still make gains but majority of people unless they are on Juice can't do that without sacrifice.
    I know plenty of book smart people that can't think their way out of a paper bag.

Put what you read into the next 3 years...IOW, practice what you preach.
    OG

lol no just trying to make conversation since most of us here take this seriously. I thought most of you would have supported this thread instead of tearing it to shreds. Oh well I'll lay off the people at the gyms who I think don't train as hard as they should.
    We take our lifting and eating serious...but you can't be Mr. Serious Bodybuilder 100% of the time...you'll burn the fuk out. Learn to relax and have some fun.
    OG

Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    We take our lifting and eating serious...but you can't be Mr. Serious Bodybuilder 100% of the time...you'll burn the fuk out. Learn to relax and have some fun.
    I agree with you

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    For me, I just want to be healthy and look like a guy you would think twice about messing with, who can play a game of basketball with his kids without getting winded, can pull a respectable deadlift without crapping his pants, and looks decent when its time to get naked. I will eat reasonable portions of food that I like and I will probably have a beer or two. I will spend time with my family and go to bed at a reasonable time.
    Last edited by 7Seconds; 08-29-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Ozieman3o5 is not very well liked. (-100) Ozieman3o5 is not very well liked. (-100) Ozieman3o5 is not very well liked. (-100) Ozieman3o5 is not very well liked. (-100) Ozieman3o5 is not very well liked. (-100) Ozieman3o5 is not very well liked. (-100) Ozieman3o5 is not very well liked. (-100) Ozieman3o5 is not very well liked. (-100) Ozieman3o5 is not very well liked. (-100) Ozieman3o5 is not very well liked. (-100) Ozieman3o5 is not very well liked. (-100)
    If your bulking i don't see any problem with eating pizza and stuff as long as you stay within your caloric surplus, for me personally i mainly worry about getting enough protein daily and every other macro is flexible imo, alcohol i can somewhat agree with you since it pretty much empty calories but if one chooses to have a beer or two once in a while, theres nothing wrong with that imo since its their choice and everyone has different goals, if i wanted to be a pro bodybuilder then obviously i would take my macros more seriously and make sure there all in par, but that's not my goal, i just want to have a good physique and feel good about myself.

j.w.13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j.w.13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j.w.13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j.w.13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j.w.13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j.w.13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j.w.13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j.w.13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j.w.13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j.w.13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j.w.13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i eat what i want
    i binge drink when i want
    and i still would say that i train

if you're not going to compete i have no idea why you would limit your enjoyment of things outside of the gym

chyess, genetic freak checking in
    Last edited by j.w.13; 08-29-2014 at 02:11 PM.
    **Hoping for an Apocalypse Crew**
    **DadBod Crew**

Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There are no "rules". Do you think this is a game? This is not a game.

isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) isaiah41v10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Let me preface this by saying I don't really care what anyone else does unless it is something that I can learn from. With that said there is something to the difference between training and working out / exercise. As a previous poster posted Mark Rippetoe had a really good article on this. A lot of people don't get the difference and it is in my opinion unhealthy when someone thinks that going to the gym after they ate something considered garbage is going to make some sort of difference. Another example is people that are on diets. If you just eat in a way that is healthy and fits a long term goal or way of living you won't have to diet. Anyway my 2 cents.

BrianJ0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrianJ0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrianJ0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrianJ0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrianJ0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrianJ0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrianJ0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrianJ0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrianJ0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrianJ0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrianJ0101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Or simply workout so they keep their heart healthy enough so they can justify being an alcoholic. There are people out there who workout so they can justify their drinking habits. For example Sarah will drink heavy every weekend so she knows that it is important to exercise during the week. She exercises to support her drinking habits on the weekend. She knows if she didn't workout during the week she would more than likely not look very good. Her exercise allows her to drink more than if she didn't exercise. Her goals are centered around being able to go out with the girls on the weekend and maintain her appearance. Its not uncommon for her to meet the girls on Wednesday nights to throw back a few cocktails as well.

A bodybuilder or serious athlete would not get gains if they lived the same way as Sarah.
    So, you asked "Sarah" out, and when "Sarah" turned you down, and you told her you "train", and she still didn't care, and wanted to go spend time with "fun" people while you "trained", you wrote this angry, judgmental post as to why you're better than people like that?

Registered User IPoopStandingUp's Avatar
    IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    thread saved by the pic of the guy eating at in-n-out burger

rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Strobe57 View Post
    Chad Johnson was known for his Mcdonalds pre-game feasts. There's some Seahawks player who loves his skittles. Etc.
    I thought I saw Justin Verlander say he always has some disgustingly unhealthy thing like a big meal from Taco Bell right before he pitches. But he's a great pitcher (OK, maybe not so much this year). Lots of football players have trouble putting away chips, but they still look to be in great shape (I mean linebackers etc., not the fat guys in the middle of the line). There are stories of Ray Lewis grabbing a bag of chips out of Terrell Suggs' hand and throwing it in the trash. The Ravens were fed a huge pretty unhealthy-sounding meal before the Super Bowl by Jacoby Jones' mother. Marshawn Lynch, as you mentioned, eats lots of skittles. Also, some of these big guys really don't lift that much when compared to bodybuilders or powerlifters. And they seem to prefer DBs instead of the bar. I do wonder about this stuff sometimes, but these athletes seem to do well and even look pretty good for the most part.

To answer the OP, I eat plenty of stuff I shouldn't, but in moderation, and I do workout. Yet I'm in much better shape than I was at the beginning of the year. Probably the best shape I've been in in over 5 years. If I had cut everything out completely and dedicated myself to the gym, I probably would have gotten overwhelmed and I'd likely be just as out of shape now as I was at the start of the year.

There is of course a difference between training and working out (and even between working out and exercise IMO). But that doesn't mean everyone has to train.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)

So you have always had straight A's and went to a top Ivy league school and are working your way to be ceo of a company or something? Ever play a sport in high school? Why aren't you being paid millions of dollars to still play that sport? There are shades or grey in every aspect of life and training is no different. I don't disagree that plenty of people expect results and don't put any work in or bother to learn what they are doing, but that doesn't make them wastes of space or ****ty people, it makes them ignorant and or lazy.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    being an alcoholic has nothing to do with your heart health...it's all about your liver. I should know...I'm a former alcoholic
    As someone who works in cardiology, this is not true. Obviously it messes up your liver but you aren't isolating organs just like you aren't really isolating muscle groups :P

jaf03 is not very well liked. (-100) jaf03 is not very well liked. (-100) jaf03 is not very well liked. (-100) jaf03 is not very well liked. (-100) jaf03 is not very well liked. (-100) jaf03 is not very well liked. (-100) jaf03 is not very well liked. (-100) jaf03 is not very well liked. (-100) jaf03 is not very well liked. (-100) jaf03 is not very well liked. (-100) jaf03 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by j.w.13 View Post
    i eat what i want
    i binge drink when i want
    and i still would say that i train

if you're not going to compete i have no idea why you would limit your enjoyment of things outside of the gym

chyess, genetic freak checking in
    also are you gonna have cancer whenever you want?