FrostF is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostF is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostF is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostF is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostF is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostF is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostF is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostF is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostF is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostF is a name known to all. (+5000) FrostF is a name known to all. (+5000)

How important is routine vs motivation? (pic)

So about 2 1/2 months ago i decided i wanted to at least experience what it would feel like to be 6% body-fat. I eliminated McDonalds, Pizza, and every other processed food from my diet and all i eat primarily is fish, oatmeal, chicken (cooked whole) salads, prunes, and spaghetti (whole grain). I'm 21 years old.

About 2/12 months ago i was about to hit 210 lb's and honestly i didnt feel like i looked bad, but i didnt look great either. I'm 6'2 so it takes a lot for me to start looking "fat". All i did at the time was bicycle across town, swim, and do pull-ups from time to time.

So, i set out to

1. Find a hobby (dancing, Frisbee golf)

2. Eat healthy and light

3. Find motivation to go to the gym at least 3 times a week

4. Sprint every other day (45 seconds off, 30 seconds on)

However, When exercising i have no actual count for any particular type of equipment at the gym, but i can draw state from within (and music) very well. In other words i am a master of "beast mode" but im just doing what feels right rather than "10 reps here" "5 reps here". Instead i just do everything until i cant do it anymore, and by that i mean on the verge of complete break down, this paradigm is also present in my dancing routine.

So after 2 1/2 months if this, i'm currently 187 (23 pounds down) and have gone from reping 40 lb curls to 50lb curls (about 3-5 reps at a time/until my arms give out)

I feel like if i tried to regiment everthing into a micromanaged routine i might lose the freeform "beastmode" motivation i currently get which upon self producing adrenaline i can often do 1 or two more reps of something each time I.E. benching 10 more pounds each week on the bench.

Thoughts?

(Note: I take VERY good pictures in certain lighting that are not representative of what i feel i look like, so while this is a weird angle, i feel it best shows my upper body)

Additional info:

I take C4 for energy before workouts
    2-3 opti men vitamins each day
    Attached Images

Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cruiser is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Routine or character will trump motivation every time. Motivation is certainly needed, but without routine or a set program, you are just doing what you want. What happens when you don't want to? Much of lifting is doing it when you don't feel like it. Yes, there will be times when your motivational beast mode will come out, but if it doesn't, you lose. Routine builds character which you can always use in every area of your life. It will also see you through long after the motivation is gone.

Cruiser