angry10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I can’t run anymore

I’m 17 now and growing up I’ve always been in the spotlight for being fast, I ran 11.30 for 100m when I was 12 but in the past few years I’ve focused less on running (I almost never run) and more on weightlifting. I’ve noticed that when I run a race I often have the best start by far and I’m ahead for like 40 metres but I start to drastically slow down and tire and even end last sometimes. Is it because I’m quad dominant and my glutes and hams are quite weak or what? Because I don’t think it’s about me being unfit because when I run my competition is usually at the same fitness level as me

sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What well designed Strength and Conditioning program, appropriate for sprinters, have you been doing? What is your training routine as a sprinter? It sounds like you're just doing "stuff" without a plan. Even American Football linemen during their spring/summer training do sprint work and can run a 100m full speed without drastically slowing down. Yes they will be slower than you but they do train for a 10sec max burst of energy. If you're running out of gas for sprints then it's probably a GPP issue. You may be strong enough but your general physical preparedness is lacking. I would suggest looking at DeFranco's Westside for Skinny Bastards (WS4SB) versions 2 and 3 with the running template. Although not for sprinters it is useful for any athlete looking for improved speed and conditioning. Reading it will also point out how to transition from gaining strength to improving power, speed and conditioning. IIRC the USATF website has training information relevant to sprinters, so does STACK, and there is a lot of information on sprint training . Join a track club and work with a decent sprints coach who can work with you in the offseason to get prepared for track season. My son is a T&F thrower and Football lineman in college and he does a lot of work with the sprinters (his friends) in the offseason. Their training will diverge as they get ready for meets but the ability to put power into the ground is pretty universal amongst all sports.

DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You almost never run and you wonder why you gas out? Its a conditioning issue.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Rip op
    MAN Sports Forum Rep
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. MAN products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
    Disclaimer 2: I still think BCAAs are not necessary

Marnisa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marnisa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marnisa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marnisa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marnisa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marnisa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marnisa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marnisa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marnisa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marnisa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marnisa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When I just start had the the same feeling. But after one or a bit more month it was okay for me. Just make your first step.