Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    struggling with diet Geoff Richards's Avatar
    Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    What do you have for equipment?

I'm still learning, but there are some great sources I can link and try and ask a mod if I can edit.
    I have an SLR Fujifilm Finepix S100

it doesn't have a replaceable lens or anything fancy like that but apart from burst mode I only use 'auto'

have tried changing settings to take pictures at dark but blurry was the outcome
    *Compare yourself to yourself. Everyday become a stronger version of yourself.*

Nashorn is just really nice. (+1000) Nashorn is just really nice. (+1000) Nashorn is just really nice. (+1000) Nashorn is just really nice. (+1000) Nashorn is just really nice. (+1000) Nashorn is just really nice. (+1000) Nashorn is just really nice. (+1000) Nashorn is just really nice. (+1000) Nashorn is just really nice. (+1000) Nashorn is just really nice. (+1000) Nashorn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Subbed, great photos guys. I just picked up a Nikon D3200 last weekend and still have to figure out the settings but it's been a lot of fun so far!
    ♢♢Traditional Wetshaving Crew♢♢
    ♢♢MISC Photography Crew♢♢

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Geoff Richards View Post
    I have an SLR Fujifilm Finepix S100

it doesn't have a replaceable lens or anything fancy like that but apart from burst mode I only use 'auto'

have tried changing settings to take pictures at dark but blurry was the outcome
    The SLR camera with no interchangeable lens is referred to as a superzoom or bridge. It has the advantage of having the manual controls.

Typically, if it is very dark out side, you will probably have to use a long exposure. If you are using say 50mm focal length, you will need a tripod under 1/50th of a second. Some of my nigh photos are as long as 10 seconds, so if the wind hits the lens too hard, it will show up as a blur and ruin sharpness.

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What do you have for equipment?

I'm still learning, but there are some great sources I can link and try and ask a mod if I can edit.
    what body do you use?

I got the 105 macro in Tmonkey. Absolutely love the lens. Thank you.

very nice

I think it is one of their highest rated lenses for good reason - try some portraits too (should work well with a ff body)

VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    excellent macros achrawlingchaos. You did a good job with the macro.
    "Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow"

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tmonkey View Post
    what body do you use?

very nice

I think it is one of their highest rated lenses for good reason - try some portraits too (should work well with a ff body)
    Thanks Tman. I have the 6D right now. It's has amazing AF and ISO ability.

So far on Lenses...
    Rokinon 14mm F2.8
    Sigma 105 F2.8 DG EX Macro
    Sigma 70-200 EX DG
    Sigma 150-150 EX DG HSM.

The HSM really is a great AF motor, but it starts getting pricey.

I'll try it on some portraits eventually, I was also thinking of trying panorama with it. Again... ty... I am extremely happy with it.

Originally Posted by VmissileX View Post
    excellent macros achrawlingchaos.
    TY... macro photography forces you to use a different perspective.

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Thanks Tman. I have the 6D right now. It's has amazing AF and ISO ability.

So far on Lenses...
    Rokinon 14mm F2.8
    Sigma 105 F2.8 DG EX Macro
    Sigma 70-200 EX DG
    Sigma 150-150 EX DG HSM.

The HSM really is a great AF motor, but it starts getting pricey.

I'll try it on some portraits eventually, I was also thinking of trying panorama with it. Again... ty... I am extremely happy with it.

TY... macro photography forces you to use a different perspective.
    that is a great body probably better then my 5d2. I thought about getting one but I figure I would want the 5d3. so i'll probably pick up a 5d4 when they come out lol
    I also bought a 7d not all that long ago and use it for sports pictures - of my kids

I never had good luck with sigma. I so wanted their newer 50 to work well but it didn't. I bought the 50L but returned that too. I ended up with the cheap 40mm pancake and love it. it was super cheap and super small. works great as a basic walk around lens and for what it cost it is really very sharp.

I have mostly canon l's and mostly use the zooms.

I have the
    8-15l, 16-35l 2, 2.8, 24-70l 2.8, 70-200l IS 2.8,
    then non l
    40mm stm, 85 1.8, and the canon cheap 50 which everyone acts like it is such a great lens for the price - its garbage but i hate to say I did a free shoot for a charity with it and the end result was great.
    I have the 1.4 tele too but really hardly ever use it, I may even have the 2x

I really wish they made a 200-400l that i could afford. I would love to pick up the 135l one day as it is a superb lens and fairly priced. i have tossed the idea around about picking up a 100-400 but have decided against it and may try a 70-300 at some point. the 35l is like magic with the pictures i see and a wedding potogs best friend but for the price and what i't doing i'll stick with that cheap 40 for now

I think i have something else i cant think of right now. also to canon flashes but the best thing to get if you want super looking pictures is photoshop and some studio strobes - i have a nice set of alien bees

I have rented a few lenses the favorite is the 300 2.8 which is just a knock out in all ways

I really don't like posting pictures of kids mine or others but that is mostly what i take pictures of. this was a quick snap with that cheap 40mm no set up no flash/strobe a quick touch up in ps3 to give it that grungy look more then anything.

I don't like posting pictures this big either but it will give a better idea of the sharpness shot wide open. bokeh is not the best but wth its not bad either

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by pvsampson View Post
    And I would like to know the significance of 10:09 and 7:10 and 3:42
    Great eye! I hadn't noticed. Though I assume it's the symmetry.

Originally Posted by silverlightning View Post
    nice photos. where in cali are you? I'm in Socal.
    Central - Livermore valley about 30 miles NE of San José.

I have aperture envy.

My macros is just a 40

I really don't like posting pictures of kids mine or others but that is mostly what i take pictures of. this was a quick snap with that cheap 40mm no set up no flash/strobe a quick touch up in ps3 to give it that grungy look more then anything.

I don't like posting pictures this big either but it will give a better idea of the sharpness shot wide open. bokeh is not the best but wth its not bad either

Wow, really nice. Looks like a professional portrait!

This is me on the evening before my 50th birthday on our land in Arizona.. It's a 20-second or so exposure with a quick up and down with the flashlight.

Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dågan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine

Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DocHoss View Post
    Wow, great photo...... it doesnt deserved to be called a "pic". LOL

Is it even possible to take shots like this with a point-and-shoot camera?
    I'm open to any suggestions and have a difficult time accepting limitations without an honest effort on my part, you can count on that!

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

There are always choices, no bad ones, no good ones, only "great" ones,
    "Oh, great!" :)

that is a great body probably better then my 5d2. I thought about getting one but I figure I would want the 5d3. so i'll probably pick up a 5d4 when they come out lol
    I also bought a 7d not all that long ago and use it for sports pictures - of my kids

I never had good luck with sigma. I so wanted their newer 50 to work well but it didn't. I bought the 50L but returned that too. I ended up with the cheap 40mm pancake and love it. it was super cheap and super small. works great as a basic walk around lens and for what it cost it is really very sharp.

I have mostly canon l's and mostly use the zooms.

I have the
    8-15l, 16-35l 2, 2.8, 24-70l 2.8, 70-200l IS 2.8,
    then non l
    40mm stm, 85 1.8, and the canon cheap 50 which everyone acts like it is such a great lens for the price - its garbage but i hate to say I did a free shoot for a charity with it and the end result was great.
    I have the 1.4 tele too but really hardly ever use it, I may even have the 2x

I really wish they made a 200-400l that i could afford. I would love to pick up the 135l one day as it is a superb lens and fairly priced. i have tossed the idea around about picking up a 100-400 but have decided against it and may try a 70-300 at some point. the 35l is like magic with the pictures i see and a wedding potogs best friend but for the price and what i't doing i'll stick with that cheap 40 for now

I think i have something else i cant think of right now. also to canon flashes but the best thing to get if you want super looking pictures is photoshop and some studio strobes - i have a nice set of alien bees

I have rented a few lenses the favorite is the 300 2.8 which is just a knock out in all ways
    Some impressive glass T. I had looked at the pancake 40, but it felt very "plasticy", much like the 50 1.8.

I went to a local camera store and saw the 24-70 2.8 from sigma used for short money. So far, I'm very happy with it.

[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7396/9122598432_dd91b1c5e4_k.jpg[img]
    You do excellent portrait work. I've seen some of your otherstuff That's something I still haven't tried with much success.

This is a very cool self portrait. What were the setting (if you remember). Do you shoot RAW?

Shot from this weekend at Plum Island MA.

You do excellent portrait work. I've seen some of your otherstuff That's something I still haven't tried with much success.
    i try to practice with it
    and i doubt you would be sorry picking up that 40mm the 50 blows

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Frnkd View Post
    Wow, great photo...... it doesnt deserved to be called a "pic". LOL

Is it even possible to take shots like this with a point-and-shoot camera?
    Mahalo!

I suspect not - but it's worth trying if you are in a very dark sky.

This is a very cool self portrait. What were the setting (if you remember). Do you shoot RAW?
    Thank you! I don't remember, but luckily the file does! It was 30 seconds at ISO 6400, 18 mm (18-135 lens), f 5.6. I generally shoot in normal jpeg. I ought to try the raw setting some time, especially if I'm trying to do a good picture.

Lean, mean, geek machine

pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So I need something decent to take some everyday pics of the kids and stuff,but I also need something that can take shots of fish/aquariums very clear and detailed.Also something able to attach to my telescope for shots of planets,moon and sun,with the right filters of course.

I am considering this as an entry level,single IS kit.Would it do what I want?

http://www.canon.com.au/en-AU/Person...R-Cameras/600D

Thank you! I don't remember, but luckily the file does! It was 30 seconds at ISO 6400, 18 mm (18-135 lens), f 5.6. I generally shoot in normal jpeg. I ought to try the raw setting some time, especially if I'm trying to do a good picture.
    Very jealous of the dark skys you have out there. Don't worry about shooting in raw unless you intend on post process. That's all it's really there for. This weekend, you'll have great darkness between 9-10 for another shot if you wanted to practice. If you want to try raw out, I would love to be able to practice on a quality photo like that.

So I need something decent to take some everyday pics of the kids and stuff,but I also need something that can take shots of fish/aquariums very clear and detailed.Also something able to attach to my telescope for shots of planets,moon and sun,with the right filters of course.

I am considering this as an entry level,single IS kit.Would it do what I want?

http://www.canon.com.au/en-AU/Person...R-Cameras/600D
    The 600D is a great camera (known as the T3i in the states). I personally would not buy new... most entry level used camera are babied and quickly replaced as upgraded. You will also have to think about considering glass. Are you planning on buying a kit with a lens? Yes, most big name telescopes will have a compatible mount (EOS mount in the case of Canon). For shooting photo's through glass (like an aquarium) you may need to consider a circular polarizing filter (which will cut reflections off glass and water).

i try to practice with it
    and i doubt you would be sorry picking up that 40mm the 50 blows

[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8343/8218108023_6c2bcfff6d_b.jpg[img]
    Will consider it. Another great portrait. Next purchase will have to be a flash.

The misc photography had great reviews on the Yongnuo, which have a 580 clone for around $100.

pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The 600D is a great camera (known as the T3i in the states). I personally would not buy new... most entry level used camera are babied and quickly replaced as upgraded. You will also have to think about considering glass. Are you planning on buying a kit with a lens? Yes, most big name telescopes will have a compatible mount (EOS mount in the case of Canon). For shooting photo's through glass (like an aquarium) you may need to consider a circular polarizing filter (which will cut reflections off glass and water).
    I'll be buying as a kit with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens.I'll be buying new as if there are any dramas,which I doubt,then the item can be returned for warranty.Aquarium shots will be taken under the tanks own light,with all other light sources turned off.In the competitions I plan to enter,entries can only be submiited in Jpeg as well.Thanks,this seems to be the one that is the choice for what I need.

I'll be buying as a kit with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens.I'll be buying new as if there are any dramas,which I doubt,then the item can be returned for warranty.Aquarium shots will be taken under the tanks own light,with all other light sources turned off.In the competitions I plan to enter,entries can only be submiited in Jpeg as well.Thanks,this seems to be the one that is the choice for what I need.
    FYI, if you buy from B and H or Amazon prime you have a 30 day return policy on used electronics for full refund. I think everything I have except two lenses where new. I've made multiple returns and never had an issue.

The kit lens is cheap. It will get you started but I found it limiting. You could get better quality used within your budget. However if you're more comfortable w new, go for it.

[QUOTE=acrawlingchaos;1289727281

Will consider it. Another great portrait. Next purchase will have to be a flash.

The misc photography had great reviews on the Yongnuo, which have a 580 clone for around $100.[/QUOTE]

I never heard of them to be honest - i have two canons and they are crappy to be honest
    what do you plan to use it for?

I really recommend these - they have a smaller unit but this one will give you a lot of power in one unit if you only want one - perhaps enough to overpower the sun if you want to do that

http://www.paulcbuff.com/b800.php
    FYI, if you buy from B and H or Amazon prime you have a 30 day return policy on used electronics for full refund. I think everything I have except two lenses where new. I've made multiple returns and never had an issue.

The kit lens is cheap. It will get you started but I found it limiting. You could get better quality used within your budget. However if you're more comfortable w new, go for it.
    i like b&h a lot also used to get stuff at adorama and i have a amazon card that give you deals like 0% for a year but i am not a huge fan of amazon and seem to have more issues with things that I have bought there.

VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wait till you get on the amazon blacklist
    "Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow"

Also something able to attach to my telescope for shots of planets,moon and sun,with the right filters of course.
    Ooh! What do you have?! I have a Celestron C5, but I want bigger. I'm tired of having just 5 inches: I want 8 or 12 inches Though the C5 is fairly portable.

Transit of Venus, June 2012. If you missed it, there's another one in 2117!

Very jealous of the dark skys you have out there. Don't worry about shooting in raw unless you intend on post process. That's all it's really there for. This weekend, you'll have great darkness between 9-10 for another shot if you wanted to practice. If you want to try raw out, I would love to be able to practice on a quality photo like that.
    Ah, but it's a 10-hour drive from where I live! Only get there a few times a year, but it is glorious! Skies here are not very dark.

Lean, mean, geek machine

InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

That's a pretty neat photo.
    "Sammiches are like sets of 20 rep squats; if you need a second one, the first one wasn't heavy enough." - DuracellBunny

MY main issue with online is that this is Australia.If I have a problem,I need to post the item to the seller,wait for their decision on IF it is a warranty issue,then wait for them to return.I will not use internet for purchases such as this when there is a store within 60km that if there is an issue I can get it sorted quickly.No way will I buy second hand off a stranger,as one doesn't know how well the item has been cared for.It may have been dropped and the seller can neglect to tell me.I did some searching and the lens that is in the single kit,to purchase as an individual item,is around $400 at the lowest,and if I get the twin lens kit,the other is around $550.I know there are more expensive,specific purpose lenses available,but a $400 and $550 lens with the body I decide on will suit my needs.May even get the E700D.

If it will do what I want as in the original question,then I should have no problem.

Ooh! What do you have?! I have a Celestron C5, but I want bigger. I'm tired of having just 5 inches: I want 8 or 12 inches Though the C5 is fairly portable.
    Nice Cassegrain.What mount?

We have a Skywatcher 70/900 Alt/Az Refractor,10mm,20mm and 3xBarlow.Made this choice for the toughness,portability and simplicity so the girls can learn to use a decent enough scope.Can get some reasonable views of Jupiter and Saturn,and ok for basic Nebulae view.When they are older I will upgrade to a larger Newtonian with EQ and remote.

Originally Posted by InternetTuffGuy View Post
    That's a pretty neat photo.
    Thank you. Macro photography is still new to me. It seems that now I can never find them

MY main issue with online is that this is Australia.If I have a problem,I need to post the item to the seller,wait for their decision on IF it is a warranty issue,then wait for them to return.I will not use internet for purchases such as this when there is a store within 60km that if there is an issue I can get it sorted quickly.No way will I buy second hand off a stranger,as one doesn't know how well the item has been cared for.It may have been dropped and the seller can neglect to tell me.I did some searching and the lens that is in the single kit,to purchase as an individual item,is around $400 at the lowest,and if I get the twin lens kit,the other is around $550.I know there are more expensive,specific purpose lenses available,but a $400 and $550 lens with the body I decide on will suit my needs.May even get the E700D.

If it will do what I want as in the original question,then I should have no problem.
    Completely understand.... I know shipping to Australia can be cumbersome. I think the other lens, which is a 55-250mm would be a good choice. It's long enough that if you want to take photos of the kids playing sports, or on a stage, you will be close enough to get in the action. It's also far enough that you could get some good wildlife shots. It would certainly add more versatility.

For $550, that's a great buy, and more than enough to produce quality shots.

Transit of Venus, June 2012. If you missed it, there's another one in 2117!

[img]http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii577/DocHoss/DSC_1976a.jpg[img]

[img]http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii577/DocHoss/DSC_2014.jpg[img]

Ah, but it's a 10-hour drive from where I live! Only get there a few times a year, but it is glorious! Skies here are not very dark.
    Wow, you have some impressive shots. I'll be sure to look to you for advice when my step-father gets his telescope.

This is most likely what I will get. Eos 700D,with the 18-55mm,55-200mm,50mm,bag and spare battery for $1300.

Seems like a good deal.

This is most likely what I will get. Eos 700D,with the 18-55mm,55-200mm,50mm,bag and spare battery for $1300.

[IMG]http://www.camerahouse.com.au/FileLibrary/a311136f3177469e9d7cd5b7cef01674/Canon_EOS_700D_Creative_Kit_Digital_SLR_Camera_Lar ge1.jpg[IMG]

Seems like a good deal.
    You were looking at the 600D at first.

here is a comparison between the 600D and the 700D

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-60...Canon-EOS-700D

The 700D has more bells and whistles, but the 600D has better image quality, lower ISO noise and is significantly cheaper leaving more room for glass. Personally, I don't think you would notice a big different between the two, and image quality is more about glass than the camera.

You were looking at the 600D at first.

here is a comparison between the 600D and the 700D

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-60...Canon-EOS-700D

The 700D has more bells and whistles, but the 600D has better image quality, lower ISO noise and is significantly cheaper leaving more room for glass. Personally, I don't think you would notice a big different between the two, and image quality is more about glass than the camera.
    To get the 600D with the same lenses,bag and battery is $1220 here.Pay the extra $80 and get the 700D.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Couple shots I took on vacation in northern wi and michigans UP. I don't know crap about about any of the manual settings but am trying to learn.

"You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

image quality is more about glass than the camera.
    i mostly agree but the files i get with my 7d don't even compare to the beautiful stuff from the 5d while using the same lenses

To get the 600D with the same lenses,bag and battery is $1220 here.Pay the extra $80 and get the 700D.
    Well that's a no brainer. I think you'll be very happy with the 700D package. Very excited for you.

Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    Couple shots I took on vacation in northern wi and michigans UP. I don't know crap about about any of the manual settings but am trying to learn.
    Great shots. As far as shooting in manual, I will get the tutorial up on the front page to get you started.

You're shooting with the 12 megapixel Canon T3 with the 18-55 kit lens, correct?

i mostly agree but the files i get with my 7d don't even compare to the beautiful stuff from the 5d while using the same lenses
    Ha... there is some truth to that... in the t3i and t5i they are pretty similar. Kinda jelly I don't have an articulating screen.