Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ChazWood View Post
    I find that the digital era has created an emphasis on post processing; producing an over-processed, synthetic result. Post processing is important, but priority should be on composition and compelling content.
    I totally agree.

Having grown up in the film era, I am used to taking a shot and living with the outcome. All the post processing seems a little, a don't know, like cheating. It moves from photography to art. Which is fine in itself - the results can be awesome. I got beaten out in the photography division at our last succulent show and sale by someone who used her iPhone's app to process her photo ("just a single click") to the point where you couldn't tell what it was - but it was very striking.

I guess it boils down to whether you see photography as faithfully capturing a moment in time or a tool for artistic expression. Both are valid.

But even with film, there was processing in the dark room. Ansel Adams did a lot. The dodge and burn tools in Photoshop are darkroom legacies.

I mostly use Photoshop to correct bad pixels or airbrush out dust marks (my old camera has a fair bit that needs professional cleaning), though I've sometimes messed with exposure and contrast. Of course, what I see on my screen may not match what you see on your screen (indeed, the image I see in Photoshop is not the same as what I see in Preview), while a print is static (unless it fades).
    Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dågan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine

struggling with diet Geoff Richards's Avatar
    Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DocHoss View Post
    I got beaten out in the photography division at our last succulent show and sale by someone who used her iPhone's app to process her photo ("just a single click") to the point where you couldn't tell what it was - but it was very striking.
    IMHO...........that sucks,she won by manipulation not photography
    *Compare yourself to yourself. Everyday become a stronger version of yourself.*

Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000) Geoff Richards is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Some shots from this past week. Most of it is just getting out and practicing.

love this last shot !

in relation to your insect shot as compared to my bee shot,I love the closeness that you achieved
    makes me realise I have way too much background compared to the subject

Q: given my equipment how could I obtain a result more like yours,zoom in closer ?

Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This was a shot from where I was watching for the Aurora Borealis. No luck, but I got some night time practice in.

Im just awed at your abilities to take night shots......well all of your shots that you have posted. More the colors that you capture, ie. the dragon fly, beautiful, vibrant, and not washed.
    I'm open to any suggestions and have a difficult time accepting limitations without an honest effort on my part, you can count on that!

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

There are always choices, no bad ones, no good ones, only "great" ones,
    "Oh, great!" :)

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Technically, yes but often the best Photographers are not the ones who know the most about the technical stuff. IMHO, the best photographs, and I'll preface this by saying it's of course subjective, but the best photographs capture the viewers imagination. Connecting with the contents, and/or subject on an emotional level.

I find that the digital era has created an emphasis on post processing; producing an over-processed, synthetic result. Post processing is important, but priority should be on composition and compelling content.
    I totally agree.

Having grown up in the film era, I am used to taking a shot and living with the outcome. All the post processing seems a little, a don't know, like cheating. It moves from photography to art. Which is fine in itself - the results can be awesome. I got beaten out in the photography division at our last succulent show and sale by someone who used her iPhone's app to process her photo ("just a single click") to the point where you couldn't tell what it was - but it was very striking.

I guess it boils down to whether you see photography as faithfully capturing a moment in time or a tool for artistic expression. Both are valid.

But even with film, there was processing in the dark room. Ansel Adams did a lot. The dodge and burn tools in Photoshop are darkroom legacies.

I mostly use Photoshop to correct bad pixels or airbrush out dust marks (my old camera has a fair bit that needs professional cleaning), though I've sometimes messed with exposure and contrast. Of course, what I see on my screen may not match what you see on your screen (indeed, the image I see in Photoshop is not the same as what I see in Preview), while a print is static (unless it fades).
    Originally Posted by Geoff Richards View Post
    IMHO...........that sucks,she won by manipulation not photography
    Personally, I process every photo I post. I shoot in RAW format, which essentially is a format specifically for post processing software. RAW is a format with a large amount of information. Some can be art, some can be very well done, and some can be very poorly done. IMO. For those unfamiliar with post processing software, there is an art to it. You won't make bad photos good with processing, but you can turn good photos into junk. I think it only becomes "cheating" when you blatantly lie about your work (claim a multi-exposure is a single exposure, claiming domestic animals are wild, etc).

love this last shot !

in relation to your insect shot as compared to my bee shot,I love the closeness that you achieved
    makes me realise I have way too much background compared to the subject

Q: given my equipment how could I obtain a result more like yours,zoom in closer ?
    Practice with your macro and super macro function on a subject that doesn't move (flowers, coins etc). Try to get closer and closer... once you are so close you can't focus on the subject, you are as close as you can get.

Originally Posted by Frnkd View Post
    Im just awed at your abilities to take night shots......well all of your shots that you have posted. More the colors that you capture, ie. the dragon fly, beautiful, vibrant, and not washed.
    The biggest issue I've seen with night work is the color of the light that IS around. Most of the lights around here will cast a yellow/orange glow on everything. Adjusting the white balance will fix that. You can do it in post process, or buy a white balance card. Most of it comes down to practice.

For my post process work, I use Lightroom (an Adobe product), when I tried panoramas, I've stitch them in Photoshop. I use a program for Photomatic when I do HDR (which I have not posted ITT).

Practice with your macro and super macro function on a subject that doesn't move (flowers, coins etc). Try to get closer and closer... once you are so close you can't focus on the subject, you are as close as you can get.
    good tip,thank you

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great last shots, AC. You can tell that you have a quality camera. Good eye, as well.

Trinity, nice pics. Where are you - may I ask? Canada-Land?

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Personally, I process every photo I post. I shoot in RAW format, which essentially is a format specifically for post processing software. RAW is a format with a large amount of information. Some can be art, some can be very well done, and some can be very poorly done. IMO. For those unfamiliar with post processing software, there is an art to it. You won't make bad photos good with processing, but you can turn good photos into junk. I think it only becomes "cheating" when you blatantly lie about your work (claim a multi-exposure is a single exposure, claiming domestic animals are wild, etc).
    Yeah, RAW is awesome; especially for correcting white balance. I freakin' love digital photography. Digital photography and all the great technology that's come as a result, provides the artist more tools to work with which allow for greater creative expression. That being said, I'm grateful to have started way back in the film era using the Zone System to shoot and develop film.

Hey ACC: these photos you're posting here are huge man. I have to scroll horizontally for 5 minutes to find the submit button. Could you perhaps post 'em smaller here and we can source the full res versions at imgur.

Geoff, if the insect you're trying to photograph crawls inside your nose, you're too close M8.

Geoff, if the insect you're trying to photograph crawls inside your nose, you're too close M8.
    it's a fine time to tell me now !

standing in front of the bathroom mirror with tweezers trying to get that damn insect

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    it's a fine time to tell me now !

standing in front of the bathroom mirror with tweezers trying to get that damn insect
    haha! ouch!

Hey, wasn't there a line in Crocodile Dundee about sticking blowflies up your nose? I bet you crazy Aussies are into that kinda stuff!

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah, RAW is awesome; especially for correcting white balance. I freakin' love digital photography. Digital photography and all the great technology that's come as a result, provides the artist more tools to work with which allow for greater creative expression. That being said, I'm grateful to have started way back in the film era using the Zone System to shoot and develop film.
    I did a bit of film as a kid, but it never went past my grandmother taking the film to the K-Mart photo center to get developed.

I also think that with digital photo, the bar has been raised in what is a considered a high end quality photo. More and more people have access to cheaper cameras, cheaper lenses, and no more money spent on film and developing.

Hey ACC: these photos you're posting here are huge man. I have to scroll horizontally for 5 minutes to find the submit button. Could you perhaps post 'em smaller here and we can source the full res versions at imgur.
    LOL. I'm new to IMGUR so you'll have to excuse me.

Typically, anything I produce, I want to be big enough for large print. This is especially true for wildlife, it's a technical challenge I enjoy.

So when can we see some more of your work?

Originally Posted by Phattso View Post
    Great last shots, AC. You can tell that you have a quality camera. Good eye, as well.
    Thanks... if you enjoy it, you should start getting some pics up. You don't need a fancy camera, just a good eye.

pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I got linked to this by a guy in an aquarium forum,as he was chatting about speedlights and how they are beneficial in fish photography.

Seriously,thought you macro guys might like it.A few bug pics.

http://beingmark.com/macro-illustrated/

Originally Posted by pvsampson View Post
    I got linked to this by a guy in an aquarium forum,as he was chatting about speedlights and how they are beneficial in fish photography.

As I was saying.... some set the bar very high. Those are amazing shots, and goes to show the difference in what lighting can do. My next purchase needs to be a quality flash. That alone can help bring my macros to the next level.

Thanks for the link.

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I shoot in RAW format, which essentially is a format specifically for post processing software.
    Thanks - I didn't know that! Will have to give it a try.

The biggest issue I've seen with night work is the color of the light that IS around. Most of the lights around here will cast a yellow/orange glow on everything. Adjusting the white balance will fix that. You can do it in post process, or buy a white balance card. Most of it comes down to practice.
    So true. Which is why I can't photograph much more than the moon from home.

Hmm, they show up as a moderate size for me, maybe 800 pixels across. But if I download them they are huge.

I also think that with digital photo, the bar has been raised in what is a considered a high end quality photo. More and more people have access to cheaper cameras, cheaper lenses, and no more money spent on film and developing.
    Absolutely! What used to be really good bird photography is now practically run of the mill. Your shots could easily have been cover material 30 years ago.

Lean, mean, geek machine

I did a bit of film as a kid, but it never went past my grandmother taking the film to the K-Mart photo center to get developed.

LOL. I'm new to IMGUR so you'll have to excuse me.

Typically, anything I produce, I want to be big enough for large print. This is especially true for wildlife, it's a technical challenge I enjoy.

So when can we see some more of your work?
    I completely agree with you that digital equipment has created greater opportunity to those with limited financial resources. Years ago, you needed seriously expensive cameras and lenses to get what can essentially be achieved today with a few hundred bucks of equipment, access to a PC and a copy of PS Lightroom. I have a kit lens that came with a Nikon body that's amazingly sharp for something that was very inexpensive. I actually use it often as its very lightweight and effective in general daylight conditions.

As for IMGUR: after uploading at full res, you can choose from a few size options for posting links. As for me posting images: I thought about what I could say to explain why I can't post any work related images (which is essentially all I shoot with the exception of my fish which you've already seen), without sounding like a complete tool and concluded that it wasn't possible. I know that you're an inquisitive fellow who likely wont be content with that lame attempt at an explanation but I'm sorry; it's all I got. Hopefully I'm still welcome to hang out here and will try to contribute something constructive to the thread.

Wow, those images are breathtaking. I think a few are gonna give me nightmares!

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Photos by iPhone 5. Not pro quality.

My pup:

My Winter Yellow Jasmine vine in back:

Pic of our lake and three residents:

Photos by iPhone 5. Not pro quality.

My pup:

My Winter Yellow Jasmine vine in back:

Pic of our lake and three residents:

Nice pics - especially like the one of the geese.

When you say "our lake," do you mean "the lake where we are" like "our city," or "we own the fukkin thing"?

Finally checking this out - simply astounding!

Lean, mean, geek machine

Nice pics - especially like the one of the geese.

When you say "our lake," do you mean "the lake where we are" like "our city," or "we own the fukkin thing"?

Finally checking this out - simply astounding!
    Lake of about 25 acres and some surrounding land has been in our family for about 100 years. Great fishing and relaxing.

Lake of about 25 acres and some surrounding land has been in our family for about 100 years. Great fishing and relaxing.
    Awesome!

Lean, mean, geek machine

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Some shots from this past week. Most of it is just getting out and practicing.

Nice

I started taking pictures with my canon ae1 in 7th grade. By high school I had a darkroom and used to load my own film and all.

I still have some of the tanks and equipment, can't bring myself to throw it away

Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000)

One of the chinese themed building at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. took with my iphone.

close up (very close I suppose) of Niagara Falls, last year.

Antelope Canyon, Page, AZ. I think these slot canyons are an amazing subject for photographers. Natural light is the only way the real effect of the sunlight peaking through the "slots" can be taken. Flash will wash the colors of the rocks
    I'm open to any suggestions and have a difficult time accepting limitations without an honest effort on my part, you can count on that!

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

one more of a slot canyon

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

As for IMGUR: after uploading at full res, you can choose from a few size options for posting links. As for me posting images: I thought about what I could say to explain why I can't post any work related images (which is essentially all I shoot with the exception of my fish which you've already seen), without sounding like a complete tool and concluded that it wasn't possible. I know that you're an inquisitive fellow who likely wont be content with that lame attempt at an explanation but I'm sorry; it's all I got. Hopefully I'm still welcome to hang out here and will try to contribute something constructive to the thread.
    Thanks for the tip.

... and I understand the life of a superstar and the need to keep a low profile. Input is always welcome.

That's a beautiful piece of land. The iphone can take some amazing shots under the right conditions.

Originally Posted by tmonkey View Post
    I started taking pictures with my canon ae1 in 7th grade. By high school I had a darkroom and used to load my own film and all.

I still have some of the tanks and equipment, can't bring myself to throw it away
    Can barely give the stuff away. I've seen full blackroom set ups very inexpensive. I was considering purchasing a film camera and playing around with it.

This canyon shot is great. I can imagine this place being a great spot to play around with HDR.

I'll be heading to the Great North Woods this Saturday. I'm guessing foliage should be peaking and should make some great shots. I'll be heading down what's known as moose alley as well, so I'll be hoping on some wildlife shots as well.

Antelope Canyon, Page, AZ. I think these slot canyons are an amazing subject for photographers. Natural light is the only way the real effect of the sunlight peaking through the "slots" can be taken. Flash will wash the colors of the rocks
    I really want to visit the slot canyons! Almost went on my birthday last year, but the timing was bad.

This one is fabulous - the curves, the textures, the colors

Lean, mean, geek machine

Thanks for the tip.

... and I understand the life of a superstar and the need to keep a low profile. Input is always welcome.
    You're welcome!

It's funny that of all the possible reasons that I cant post images here you would say that. Of course you're wrong and despite the fact that I'm fairly certain you're being sarcastic, I'll take it as a compliment.

Frnkd: awesome shots!

Zenaida Dove:

A bit wind-ruffled, but I like how it yawns.

Lean, mean, geek machine

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Can barely give the stuff away. I've seen full blackroom set ups very inexpensive. I was considering purchasing a film camera and playing around with it.

Yeah my niece had photography in high school and I was going to give her the stuff. All digital

I would give it to someone if i knew they would use it. It is all old now and i should probably should just toss the stuff .

Just looked at some of the sheets with shutter speed

I would not recommend anything slower than 1/60's to someone that doesn't know what they are doing or without a tripod. The water shots etc should clearly state using a tripod - what tripod do you use acc?

I need a new one and have been looking at a few lately

i was going to post this but think i forgot
    http://www.brainjet.com/random/3531/...f-3531#slide/0

Originally Posted by tmonkey View Post
    what tripod do you use acc?

I need a new one and have been looking at a few lately

i was going to post this but think i forgot
    http://www.brainjet.com/random/3531/...f-3531#slide/0
    I purchased the Mefoto Road trip. Several gentlemen in the main photography thread had recommended it to me. It's an Arca Swiss style head, and the Roadtrip can handle 17lbs, weighs less than 3lbs folds fairly small and can be used as a monopod.

The prices are very reasonable ranging from $120 for the 7lb rated Daytrip, to $370 for the carbon fiber Globetrotter rated to 27 lbs at 2.6lbs. The backpacker seemed a good in between coming in at just under $200, and more than sturdy for my needs.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ripod_Kit.html

BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000)