Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000) DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000) DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000) DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000) DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000) DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000) DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000) DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000) DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000) DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000) DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DocHoss View Post
    Those are just spectacular. I'm pretty much gobsmacked.
    Thanks, high speed photography has its rewards
    You never know what you're going to get until you look at the screen after the shot.
    This involved an egg being shot with an air rifle.

a light bulb

food colouring in a balloon - you can just see the pellet emerging from the back of it

and a 'smashing' light bulb. This was taken with the flash at minimum power which gives 1/41600th sec.

Training in our home gym to get in better shape and combat the A.G.E virus. https://www.springbokphotography.com

DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000) DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000) DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000) DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000) DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000) DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000) DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000) DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000) DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000) DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000) DVDowns is just really nice. (+1000)
    This one was a lucky shot in a way. I was heading off early to "Waitomo caves" in New Zealand and the sun was coming up as I went past this deer farm. Good thing I had the 18-200mm on the D40 again.

Training in our home gym to get in better shape and combat the A.G.E virus. https://www.springbokphotography.com

Manlet Extraordinaire jmelanson's Avatar
    jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pvsampson View Post
    Nice! Focus is where it needs to be.
    *Official Misc Photography Crew *

“Pain is temporary. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. So when I feel like quitting, I ask myself, which would I rather live with?”
    ― Lance Armstrong

Accumulating injuries are the price we pay for the thrill of not having sat around on our asses. - Mark Rippetoe

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Manlet Extraordinaire jmelanson's Avatar
    jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    *Official Misc Photography Crew *

“Pain is temporary. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. So when I feel like quitting, I ask myself, which would I rather live with?”
    ― Lance Armstrong

Accumulating injuries are the price we pay for the thrill of not having sat around on our asses. - Mark Rippetoe

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jmelanson View Post
    Nice! Focus is where it needs to be.
    Thanks.Used f/11 instead of wide open and made a huge difference.

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Some absolutely beautiful photography!
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000)

Storm surf at Sunset Beach HI

this was taken with my iPhone.
    Last edited by Frnkd; 01-26-2015 at 10:38 AM.
    I'm open to any suggestions and have a difficult time accepting limitations without an honest effort on my part, you can count on that!

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

There are always choices, no bad ones, no good ones, only "great" ones,
    "Oh, great!" :)

Originally Posted by Frnkd View Post

Storm surf at Sunset Beach HI
    this was taken with my iPhone.
    Phones are getting better and better
    I took this with an old compact camera while climbing a mountain in the snow.

Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DVDowns View Post
    Phones are getting better and better
    I took this with an old compact camera while climbing a mountain in the snow.

Agree... And with photo apps, you can get some amazing photos and effects.

Beautiful photo!
    I'm open to any suggestions and have a difficult time accepting limitations without an honest effort on my part, you can count on that!

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

Agree... And with photo apps, you can get some amazing photos and effects.

Beautiful photo!
    Thanks - I get a lot of pleasure out of photography - and climbing mountains

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Took this early in the morning
    I always forget to think of silhouettes when doing portraits, I like it.

Originally Posted by jmelanson View Post
    Always love to see your work. The color and detail are amazing. Super jelly of skillz.

Posting after Jody is a tough spot to take!

Some moonrise pics taken with my telescope while in Arizona earlier this week. Got lucky that it rose right behind a saguaro. I was hoping it would, but didn't know where it would appear.

These two were way overexposed as I had been trying some astrophotography and had the ISO way up. The actual moonrise came sooner than I expected, so I wasn't quite prepared. But I think they're cool since it looks like the sun is coming up.

I've tried to get the moon at the horizon and always miss it. If you try again, bracket your shoots, you'll have a better chance of hitting exposure since you only have limited time.

Cool moon shots,cool surfing shots...lots of good pics in here.

My contribution today.

Plumed Whistling Ducks in the paddock near the house.

Have you tried post processing any of your work yet?

Thanks - I get a lot of pleasure out of photography - and climbing mountains
    It really is a pleasure viewing your work. I'm a hiker as well and love the mountains. This summer I will be staying over night at Zeacliffs on Zealand Mountain. It was named so because it resembled the beauty of New Zealand. Would love to visit there someday.

Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    It really is a pleasure viewing your work. I'm a hiker as well and love the mountains. This summer I will be staying over night at Zeacliffs on Zealand Mountain. It was named so because it resembled the beauty of New Zealand. Would love to visit there someday.
    Thanks, there's no shortage of decent scenery in New Zealand. I live on the north island which is not as spectacular as the south island but has its beauty.

pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Have you tried post processing any of your work yet?
    A little with DPP,mainly brightness and highlights,shadows.

I just got a disc of Lightroom a couple of days ago,and now have some learning to do.

Here's a piece of copper wire exploding on the surface of a propane filled balloon.

It didn't ignite the gas so I placed the balloon inside the barbeque with a candle next to it to do the job

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks, there's no shortage of decent scenery in New Zealand. I live on the north island which is not as spectacular as the south island but has its beauty.
    It does look like the countryside here.... only a bit warmer.

A little with DPP,mainly brightness and highlights,shadows.

I just got a disc of Lightroom a couple of days ago,and now have some learning to do.
    Tutorials... watch a bunch from different artists. It's really interesting to see how different the work flows are, yet each have it's own beauty. I'm still struggling to develop mine and find I go back and re-edit photos as I learn more. If you're anything like me, you'll spend the first 3 months over processing and frying the hell out of your photos.

Here's a piece of copper wire exploding on the surface of a propane filled balloon.

It didn't ignite the gas so I placed the balloon inside the barbeque with a candle next to it to do the job
    I have a feeling you just like to blow sh*t up.

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I was going to say, I bet you're really popular with the neighbors!

This is Haemanthus coccineus, a summer dormant bulb from South Africa. It flowers in the late summer just before the leaves come up from the ground.

Last edited by DocHoss; 01-27-2015 at 02:09 PM. Reason: added italics
    Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dågan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine

I was going to say, I bet you're really popular with the neighbors!
    Neighbors can't complain if they're dead.... nomsayin?

This is Haemanthus coccineus, a summer dormant bulb from South Africa. It flowers in the late summer just before the leaves come up from the ground.

[img]http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii577/DocHoss/DSCN_9350_zpsj1fxgm4n.jpg~original/img]
    Is this part of your collection?

Well actually that does seem to be my reputation on the photography forums
    And the book I wrote on it is currently on a free promotion

My previous microwave had a spark plug mounted in it for igniting the acetylene gas produced by calcium carbide mixed with water.

But in the end it lost a battle with an airbag.

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Is this part of your collection?
    Yes. I have a lot of winter-growers from South Africa. I think I have 5 or 6 coccineus, two of which are of flowering size. Here are the big ones this afternoon - the one in front is my first and is the one whose flower I posted. Flowers come up before the leaves.

Also have a bunch of H. albiflos and pauculifoius and 4 deformis, which are evergreen and have white shaving-brush flowers. There's also montanus with pink flowers, sanguineus, and hirsutus. I may have others that slip my mind. And a bunch of other SA bulbs too - Massonia, Cyrtanthus, Boophone, Brunsvigia, Crossyne, Lachenalia, Ornithogalum, Albuca, Gladiolus (not the cultivated varieties, but several cool species), and probably some I'm overlooking. Plus a bunch of seedlings whose names I can't recall offhand.

Lean, mean, geek machine

Cutting a light bulb

Water balloons with food colouring

"lemons"

The shot that destroyed the glass stand

Water balloons with food colouring
    Those are fabulous. Such an organic feel to them, like a sea star or a flower bud.

Lean, mean, geek machine

Those are fabulous. Such an organic feel to them, like a sea star or a flower bud.

Colour always makes a huge difference even if a photo is already interesting in what it has captured
    A while ago I did some shots with a replica pistol and fireworks.

I almost forgot! This is a video I took to determine what timing I needed to photography flames and water coming out of my microwave

From a photoshoot we had a few years ago.

Cool.

From a photoshoot we had a few years ago.

I hope it was after the wedding.....

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

Grip it and rip it... hardNheavy2011's Avatar
    hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    One of my 2 week old pups in my home studio

-!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #12 -!!!---!!!- Hardnheavy2011

Best competition lifts: RAW with wraps
    Squat- 623@202 611@198
    Bench- 374@203 429@222
    Deadlift- 601@203 639@228 660@220 (gym)
    Total- 1603@222 1554@202

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146556533

Originally Posted by hardNheavy2011 View Post
    One of my 2 week old pups in my home studio

Now this made my day!

Wow, such a cutie.

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

This was on the floor.

Attached Images