Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100) RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100) RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100) RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100) RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100) RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100) RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100) RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100) RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100) RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100) RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100)

Homemade weight gainer with no protein powder ?

Ok so its about a month since im reading posts on the forum of bb, and i think that people here intake alot of protein, im not sure how much their bodies can absorb but science says that average male body can absorb 30g of protein per 3 hours.Now in those recipes of homemade weight gaining shake i see here and on youtube everyone puts Whey protein powder in it, even though the shake he will make has like 30g of protein from milk, oats, peanut butter and lots of stuff, he still puts whey and makes it a 70-80g protein shake with same amount of carbs and a few grams of fat.I started making myself those same Weight Gainers" but without the whey protein powder, cause im not sure if my body can absorb all the protein??

Example of my homemade weight gainer:

Peanut butter 2 tbsp
    Oats 70g
    1 Banana
    1 tbsp cocoa powder
    1 tbsp flaxseed powder
    1 tbsp sesame seeds
    300 ml of milk 0.5% fat

If you have any ideas for homemade weight gaining shakes WITHOUT protein powder, please share them !

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Whole Milk + Ice Cream + Peanut Butter + Chocolate Syrup
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

â–¬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) â–¬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Milk, ice cream, PB, nutella, fruit of choice.

Or just milk and ice cream lol.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    your body will absorb it, don't worry about limiting it to 30g at a time.

anyhow i don't like to drink gainer shakes, but i do enjoy eating sandwiches and cheeseburgers. easy to tailor the macros (an extra slice of cheese, some bacon) and you can put them away in just a few bites. i'll often buy a loaf of bread, use the whole thing at once to make 8 sandwiches with various fillings and throw them into the fridge in sandwich bags. running out the door? grab a sandwich. breakfast not quite filling? grab a sandwich,. short on calories? grab a sandwich.

i'll often wash them down with a protein shake, because it's easy calories.
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100) RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100) RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100) RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100) RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100) RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100) RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100) RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100) RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100) RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100) RagnarTheRed is not very well liked. (-100)
    Ok guys: Chocolate Syrup, Ice Cream, Nutella ... Id like to stay on a clean bulk, and theese foods have high GI, and will spike my insulin, also they lack in fiber, i dont want to just gain fat.. i want to gain muscle so i think i should hit more on the complex carbs not simple sugars and tons of saturated fat.. i can eat my ice cream for a desert if thats not a problem..

I like the idea of sandwiches but wont that sat fat from cheese hurt my progress ?
    Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    your body will absorb it, don't worry about limiting it to 30g at a time.

anyhow i don't like to drink gainer shakes, but i do enjoy eating sandwiches and cheeseburgers. easy to tailor the macros (an extra slice of cheese, some bacon) and you can put them away in just a few bites. i'll often buy a loaf of bread, use the whole thing at once to make 8 sandwiches with various fillings and throw them into the fridge in sandwich bags. running out the door? grab a sandwich. breakfast not quite filling? grab a sandwich,. short on calories? grab a sandwich.

i'll often wash them down with a protein shake, because it's easy calories.

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RagnarTheRed View Post
    Ok guys: Chocolate Syrup, Ice Cream, Nutella ... Id like to stay on a clean bulk, and theese foods have high GI, and will spike my insulin, also they lack in fiber, i dont want to just gain fat.. i want to gain muscle so i think i should hit more on the complex carbs not simple sugars and tons of saturated fat.. i can eat my ice cream for a desert if thats not a problem..
    Then make a brown rice and broccoli weight gainer shake ?
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

― Mark Twain

hahahahah, was looking forward to more fruity examples, Yogurt, peach, apple, honey whatever..
    Originally Posted by MetilHed View Post
    Then make a brown rice and broccoli weight gainer shake ?

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Why would this make you gain fat?
    I like the idea of sandwiches but wont that sat fat from cheese hurt my progress ?
    No.
    Eat the damn yolk.

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Ermahgerd.
    Delirious Mutant.

Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think you worry too much about details and aren't focusing enough on the basics OP. All in all, within moderation none of the foods you stated will make you fatter than others and eating more than 30g of protein in a meal will not mean that you will not absorb it all. There's a difference between protein absorption and protein synthesis and right now you don't even need to think about that.

There are still studies and researches that try to find what's optimal for athletes in terms of nutrition and training, however, in my opinion it's definitely not worth it to over analyze all those things at a beginner or intermediate stage (which are stages you'll be at for the next few years if you do everything right). What I'd recommend you to do right now is read the stickies, understand the concept of calories in versus calories out and plan your diet mostly around whole foods that are dense in both macronutrients and micronutrients while being able to indulge yourself with "treats" à la Nutella, ice cream, peanut butter, cheese and what not. Don't worry too much about high and low GI carbs, don't worry too much about saturated fats (which are essential anyway), stick to the basics: eat, lift, sleep, repeat.

Now, to answer your question, when it comes to mass gainers anything can go in the glass as long as it makes you reach your macros and calories goals. Speaking for myself I like some (or all) of the following.

- Milk (anything goes depending on the other ingredients)
    - Greek yogurt (ice cream is a very good choice as well but I'm a big fan of yogurt)
    - Peanut butter
    - Chocolate syrup/powder (I like caramel as well...just a thought)
    - Banana
    - Berries

Those should allow you to make some pretty tasty drinks. I must say that I'm not quite a big mass gainer drinker however, I prefer to actually eat my food so it's really up to you but if you have the "never full" syndrome you can always go with something like what I do sometimes for breakfast.

- Egg whites or full eggs (the latter is more nutrient dense, don't overlook your fat intake)
    - Greek yogurt (again...)
    - Berries
    - Banana
    - Oatmeal
    - Cocoa powder

Mix in a bowl, make some pancakes with it (or if you're lazy like me, put in microwave and let the eggs cook and become puffy) and then add some syrup or peanut butter.
    First log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163553231
    New log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171366131

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Whole milk, oats, peanut butter, cocoa powder.

Thanks alot mate !! Btw i found a new ingredient i can mix in my shakes and its roasted chickpeas, has alot of carbs and protein, also has high nutritinal value, ill see how i can fit it in.
    Originally Posted by Flagaba View Post
    I think you worry too much about details and aren't focusing enough on the basics OP. All in all, within moderation none of the foods you stated will make you fatter than others and eating more than 30g of protein in a meal will not mean that you will not absorb it all. There's a difference between protein absorption and protein synthesis and right now you don't even need to think about that.

There are still studies and researches that try to find what's optimal for athletes in terms of nutrition and training, however, in my opinion it's definitely not worth it to over analyze all those things at a beginner or intermediate stage (which are stages you'll be at for the next few years if you do everything right). What I'd recommend you to do right now is read the stickies, understand the concept of calories in versus calories out and plan your diet mostly around whole foods that are dense in both macronutrients and micronutrients while being able to indulge yourself with "treats" à la Nutella, ice cream, peanut butter, cheese and what not. Don't worry too much about high and low GI carbs, don't worry too much about saturated fats (which are essential anyway), stick to the basics: eat, lift, sleep, repeat.

Now, to answer your question, when it comes to mass gainers anything can go in the glass as long as it makes you reach your macros and calories goals. Speaking for myself I like some (or all) of the following.

- Milk (anything goes depending on the other ingredients)
    - Greek yogurt (ice cream is a very good choice as well but I'm a big fan of yogurt)
    - Peanut butter
    - Chocolate syrup/powder (I like caramel as well...just a thought)
    - Banana
    - Berries

Those should allow you to make some pretty tasty drinks. I must say that I'm not quite a big mass gainer drinker however, I prefer to actually eat my food so it's really up to you but if you have the "never full" syndrome you can always go with something like what I do sometimes for breakfast.

- Egg whites or full eggs (the latter is more nutrient dense, don't overlook your fat intake)
    - Greek yogurt (again...)
    - Berries
    - Banana
    - Oatmeal
    - Cocoa powder

Mix in a bowl, make some pancakes with it (or if you're lazy like me, put in microwave and let the eggs cook and become puffy) and then add some syrup or peanut butter.

Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Beef heart+milk+peanut butter+coconut oil+salmon+Icecream+cinnamon
    50% of my posts are 100% factual

Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flagaba is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks alot mate !! Btw i found a new ingredient i can mix in my shakes and its roasted chickpeas, has alot of carbs and protein, also has high nutritinal value, ill see how i can fit it in.
    Glad to read that, just make sure your calories, macros and micros are in check and you'll be good to go with some tasty snacks/drinks/shakes/meals!

GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Talking

OP will probably go to his gym and tell them how these idiots on the internet said he should eat sandwiches and nutella

:ROFL:

Incidentally, I have just started making a twice daily shake. I have no scales so I cannot work out the amounts (lol) so I just throw stuff in there and it produces around 400ml. I have it twice daily:

3-4 raw eggs
    Oats
    Honey
    Natural Yoghurt
    Ice Cream
    Full fat Milk
    Peanut Butter

Thoughts on this? Anything I could add to make it more proteinous/calorific?
    Last edited by GF23; 08-22-2014 at 05:08 AM.

Im not sure about raw eggs.. i never tried them raw i dont know if they are safe, i fry them without any fat or oil on a tafloon pan, so they got same nutritional value, but im not sure how can i fit that into my shake .
    Originally Posted by GF23 View Post
    OP will probably go to his gym and tell them how these idiots on the internet said he should eat sandwiches and nutella

:ROFL:

Incidentally, I have just started making a twice daily shake. I have no scales so I cannot work out the amounts (lol) so I just throw stuff in there and it produces around 400ml. I have it twice daily:

3-4 raw eggs
    Oats
    Honey
    Natural Yoghurt
    Ice Cream
    Full fat Milk
    Peanut Butter

Thoughts on this? Anything I could add to make it more proteinous/calorific?

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I eat ice cream almost everyday, I usually have some form of candy everyday, and I love Nutella. Yet I maintain around 10 or 11% body fat at over 200 pounds. How am I not fat?
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Freestyle Wrestling YorkU apacyga's Avatar
    apacyga will become famous soon enough. (+50) apacyga will become famous soon enough. (+50) apacyga will become famous soon enough. (+50) apacyga will become famous soon enough. (+50) apacyga will become famous soon enough. (+50) apacyga will become famous soon enough. (+50) apacyga will become famous soon enough. (+50) apacyga will become famous soon enough. (+50) apacyga will become famous soon enough. (+50) apacyga will become famous soon enough. (+50) apacyga will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Please, aware me on the study that proves your body has a mystical wall that closes up when you hit 30 grams.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19056590 <-- All this proves is that protein synthesis is OPTIMAL by a very small margin when you ingest 20 grams
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10867039 <-- This furthers my point. Be aware OP
    Don't cry to quit! You already in pain, you already hurt! Get a reward from it!
    *** Canadian Crew ***
    *** Death Metal While Lifting Crew***
    ***Freestyle Wrestling Crew***
    2013/14 Football City Champs
    2013/14 Overall West Region 3000m Champion

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hahahahah, was looking forward to more fruity examples, Yogurt, peach, apple, honey whatever..
    Lol what? Just above you said

What a shame honey etc has a higher GI than ice cream hey.
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lol yuck. Sounds like you're trying to make a disgusting drink. Maybe try dog sh*t in it too?
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Go eat a damn pizza for breakfast, a hamburger for lunch, make some pancakes for dinner and eat ice cream snacks all day dumbass, honey has much bigger nutritional value then your ice cream's REFINED sugars and fat
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Lol what? Just above you said

What a shame honey etc has a higher GI than ice cream hey.

well i guess if you intake all the micros and macros you need and you have some calories left i guess you can play with them.. but if you wanna drop to more then 9% bf i think its more then just a calorie deficit, but as for bulking i think we should avoid the dirty foods cause of the additives and their side effects like estrogen or GMO stuff, cause it might hinder our bulk.
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    I eat ice cream almost everyday, I usually have some form of candy everyday, and I love Nutella. Yet I maintain around 10 or 11% body fat at over 200 pounds. How am I not fat?
    Last edited by RagnarTheRed; 08-23-2014 at 02:16 AM.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Opie, have a look at the glycemic load of premium ice cream. You might be surprised.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newswe..._100_foods.htm

Go eat a damn pizza for breakfast, a hamburger for lunch, make some pancakes for dinner and eat ice cream snacks all day dumbass, honey has much bigger nutritional value then your ice cream's REFINED sugars and fat
    Lol. What does a pizza, hamburger and ice cream all day have to do with one shake with ice cream in it?

Moron clearly.

I dont understand, does this mean its best to eat 20g at a time huh ??
    Originally Posted by apacyga View Post
    Please, aware me on the study that proves your body has a mystical wall that closes up when you hit 30 grams.

I dont understand, does this mean its best to eat 20g at a time huh ??
    No, it means that you don't have to worry about eating more than 30g of protein per meal.

Come at me, bro! foodandfitness's Avatar
    foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Trail mix = ~600 calories per cup.

ThomasPain is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok so its about a month since im reading posts on the forum of bb, and i think that people here intake alot of protein, im not sure how much their bodies can absorb but science says that average male body can absorb 30g of protein per 3 hours.Now in those recipes of homemade weight gaining shake i see here and on youtube everyone puts Whey protein powder in it, even though the shake he will make has like 30g of protein from milk, oats, peanut butter and lots of stuff, he still puts whey and makes it a 70-80g protein shake with same amount of carbs and a few grams of fat.I started making myself those same Weight Gainers" but without the whey protein powder, cause im not sure if my body can absorb all the protein??

Example of my homemade weight gainer:

Peanut butter 2 tbsp
    Oats 70g
    1 Banana
    1 tbsp cocoa powder
    1 tbsp flaxseed powder
    1 tbsp sesame seeds
    300 ml of milk 0.5% fat

If you have any ideas for homemade weight gaining shakes WITHOUT protein powder, please share them !
    this is an old thread I know but you should look up Vince Gironda. He used fertile hen eggs. I have done this and it's effective to be sure.

6 eggs
    1/2 cup whole or raw milk
    1/4 cup heavy cream
    1/4 cup fortified A&D powdered milk
    1 banana
    2 tbsp honey - naturally sweetens AND aids in digestion
    - you can stop here if you like or sometimes to add protein and variety
    2 tbls of natural peanut butter
    - or
    1/2 a cup of frozen strawberries

- lessons learned; avoid adding pineapple to milk, it makes the milk taste curdled

I've done the math on some of my shakes and they sometimes hit 100 grams of protein
    that said it's a good idea to wash down some HCL with pepsin to help break down and absorb it all. Like I said, I know this is an old post but I felt I had a good answer to your question. Also, another quick tip, portable blenders are only 20 bucks. I bring my groceries to work with me and bam!

Hope you enjoy, or someone does!

FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlexLex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Melted butter
    PB
    Full fat yogurt
    Coconut sugar
    Some type of powder of choice
    Whole milk

Mix that **** together. Easily can down like 1000+ calories with addition of the butter
    Phila crew
    Healthcare Crew