Closed Thread
Page 1 of 327 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

[SRS] Depression Discussion and Support Thread Part II

My friend claims he's been depressed for years and takes all sorts of meds on and off. He gets really quiet at parties and ducks out early and unnoticed. Also, he's a pathological liar.

Arguments against his depression are:

A) He's rich
    B) He's good looking (no homo)
    C) He has a good, loving family
    D) We went to a top school
    E) He has a great job and a great apartment

Whenever someone mentions an actor/singer going into rehab and calls them beta or says that they're making excuses, he goes off about how you can't explain depression and that it's not something that goes away, etc. (the usual). My suspicion is that he's doing it for attention and to have an emotional excuse/loophole for being a beta ******* at times. It can't help that he comes from a family full of women. Thoughts MISC?
    ***Not done with my drink till I've crunched all the ice crew***

thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    misc psychologists?

lurkmore is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lurkmore is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lurkmore is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lurkmore is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lurkmore is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lurkmore is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lurkmore is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lurkmore is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lurkmore is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lurkmore is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lurkmore is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It can be entirely chemical so maybe.

In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500) In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500) In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500) In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500) In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500) In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500) In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500) In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500) In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500) In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500) In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Seems like a crock of **** to me.

NegOP4NoDeliver NegOP4NoDeliver NegOP4NoDeliver NegOP4NoDeliver NegOP4NoDeliver NegOP4NoDeliver NegOP4NoDeliver NegOP4NoDeliver NegOP4NoDeliver NegOP4NoDeliver NegOP4NoDeliver
    Not sure, depression usually comes from having certain needs not fulfilled. Seeing as most people have your list (rich, good looking, great job etc.) as criteria for being happy they will not understand why someone, who has all of these things, can suffer from depression.

A homeless guy living on the street can be happier than a rich kid with a lovely wife because quality of life is somewhat subjective.

bmay2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmay2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmay2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmay2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmay2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmay2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmay2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmay2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmay2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmay2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bmay2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Depression pretty much comes down to feeling like a worthless human being and thinking that you'll never feel better. None of the things you mentioned necessarily prevent someone from feeling that way, other than a better-than-average access to mental health resources (psychiatrists, therapists, etc.).
    1.5K+

Originally Posted by NegOP4NoDeliver View Post
    Not sure, depression usually comes from having certain needs not fulfilled. Seeing as most people have your list (rich, good looking, great job etc.) as criteria for being happy they will not understand why someone, who has all of these things, can suffer from depression.

A homeless guy living on the street can be happier than a rich kid with a lovely wife because quality of life is somewhat subjective.
    It is not possible to be homeless and happy.

otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by In-N-Out View Post
    Seems like a crock of **** to me.
    this. I got like train negged for calling bull**** on it. I don't get people who have no issues at all and they are "depressed" for no reasons at all. I cant imagine these people living in countries were **** get real or being in a combat zone. I'm fully aware the could be chemical imbalances that would make someone sad but I believe people are just over playing this **** and so are doctors.
    ★cVc★ OEFx2
    *Circumcised but Anti-Circumcision Crew*
    ★Subaru WRX/STi Crew★ (2006 WRX, Stage 2, CAI)
    "Started from Wall Rose now the whole Recon Corp's fuarkin here"

AgentSquish is just really nice. (+1000) AgentSquish is just really nice. (+1000) AgentSquish is just really nice. (+1000) AgentSquish is just really nice. (+1000) AgentSquish is just really nice. (+1000) AgentSquish is just really nice. (+1000) AgentSquish is just really nice. (+1000) AgentSquish is just really nice. (+1000) AgentSquish is just really nice. (+1000) AgentSquish is just really nice. (+1000) AgentSquish is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's arguable. You can't physically test for depression, but you can by the symptoms that the person displays. Such as lethargy, loss of appetite, loss of interest in daily activities, etc.

IMO medication helps, but it only masks the symptoms. If one were to find a solution for their depression, then I believe other treatment would be more beneficial, such as cognitive behaviorial therapy.
    The following sentence is false.
    The preceding sentence is true.

Originally Posted by otakutrevan View Post
    I believe people are just over playing this **** and so are doctors.
    my thoughts exactly. you get it in your head that you have a problem and it just sticks. you start to believe that you have a disease. doctors don't help by pushing pills on ppl that make them dependent on their phucking prescription pad

Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Robination has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thefederalist View Post
    You must have missed the thread yesterday...

fatpat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatpat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatpat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatpat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatpat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatpat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatpat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatpat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatpat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatpat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fatpat23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lol at chemical imbalance being faked. money, success, friends, and family do not necessarily keep you from having mental illness. brb can't have schizophrenia because i am rich
    last name ever, first name davis

br0_r0gan is just really nice. (+1000) br0_r0gan is just really nice. (+1000) br0_r0gan is just really nice. (+1000) br0_r0gan is just really nice. (+1000) br0_r0gan is just really nice. (+1000) br0_r0gan is just really nice. (+1000) br0_r0gan is just really nice. (+1000) br0_r0gan is just really nice. (+1000) br0_r0gan is just really nice. (+1000) br0_r0gan is just really nice. (+1000) br0_r0gan is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think it is. A have a friend with a great GF, lots of friends, working on his phd in Mech Eng. and is clinically depressed.
    "One guy tries to xray my biceps, see how deep these diamond cuts go, problem is the pussy assed xrays cant pass through my fibras"

8========D ~ ~~~ ~~ I rape back

yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yelojackt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yes, its all about brain chemistry. Its a real thing
    ***Georgia Crew***

Misc Futbol Crew

DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DedicatedToLift is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Clinical depression is a chemical imbalance, not the kind where you go "**** I don't have all the **** I want right now". That's why people are given medications to try and correct the imbalance. Maybe he has it, maybe he's being a lying ******* to get attention. Who cares? It's his life, not yours.
    Obsession is what lazy people call dedication

In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500) In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500) In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500) In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500) In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500) In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500) In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500) In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500) In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500) In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500) In-N-Out is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    this. I got like train negged for calling bull**** on it. I don't get people who have no issues at all and they are "depressed" for no reasons at all. I cant imagine these people living in countries were **** get real or being in a combat zone. I'm fully aware the could be chemical imbalances that would make someone sad but I believe people are just over playing this **** and so are doctors.
    It's like ADD. Kids don't wanna work hard in school because they are kids. So doctors make money and say they have ADD and hand out prescriptions from companies that pay them. corrupt.

MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500) MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500) MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500) MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500) MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500) MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500) MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500) MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500) MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500) MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500) MiscatonicUni is not very helpful. (-500)
    depression is real, I had it, then I started seeing the beautiful things in life and started focusing on the positive and got over it.

Watsons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsons is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsons is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i think you're an idiot for arguing against science

scenario 1: doctors are right

scenario 2: kickass badass misc fág (you) is right and doctors and people are lying, people who are rich and happy are pretending to be sad

idiot, you deserved the train neg.

Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000) Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000) Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000) Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000) Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000) Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000) Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000) Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000) Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000) Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000) Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's all a fraud, even the suicide.

oh and every psychological neurological diagnostical tool imaginable.

reps 4 life: Gif_brah

jovotovo is just really nice. (+1000) jovotovo is just really nice. (+1000) jovotovo is just really nice. (+1000) jovotovo is just really nice. (+1000) jovotovo is just really nice. (+1000) jovotovo is just really nice. (+1000) jovotovo is just really nice. (+1000) jovotovo is just really nice. (+1000) jovotovo is just really nice. (+1000) jovotovo is just really nice. (+1000) jovotovo is just really nice. (+1000)
    god some people are retarted. chances are if his socially awkward that may be cuasing his depression

sithroya is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sithroya is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sithroya is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sithroya is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sithroya is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sithroya is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sithroya is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sithroya is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sithroya is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sithroya is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sithroya is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    bad diet, lack of excersize, fapping = depression

_ZERO_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _ZERO_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _ZERO_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _ZERO_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _ZERO_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _ZERO_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _ZERO_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _ZERO_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _ZERO_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _ZERO_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) _ZERO_ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MiscatonicUni View Post
    depression is real, I had it, then I started seeing the beautiful things in life and started focusing on the positive and got over it.
    Not the same kind of depression.

Clinical depression is caused by receptors in the brain reuptaking serotonin too rapidly.

hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000) hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000) hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000) hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000) hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000) hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000) hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000) hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000) hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000) hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000) hennessy88 is just really nice. (+1000)
    depression is most definitly real but there is different reasons and different types.
    some people become depressed because of events in their life etc and others just because of a chemical imbalance.
    depending how bad it is, medication sometimes is needed. people who dont have experience of it usually dont believe it so i dont even care that people are saying its bull****
    * ulcerative colitis crew *

***Irish Misc Crew***

Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Forge3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Situational and chemical depression
    If you are suffering from serious medical concerns please be sure to check with your doctor.

My name is Mark.

gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Was diagnosed with clinical depression in 6th grade. Developed into a manic depression. I can't explain the kind of **** I go through on a day to day basis, brah. Some people will say they are depressed after their girl breaks up with them- I get depressed for no reason and end up blaming myself for everything. I use to cut myself because I felt I deserved it. Not too many people do that- its not ****ing normal to cut yourself. I tried to kill myself with a box cutter when I was 17.. I will forever have a 13 inch, deep scar on my left forearm/wrist.

I can't be around people if I am off my meds. I won't talk and will usually ends things early so I can leave and getinto my bed or listen to music and relax. I just get so anxious and nervous. I feel as if they are talking about me.

Since I injured my leg and shoulder, I haven't been able to get rid of all the **** in my head. When I am in the gym, I'm happy. I get my confidence back and eat again. Since I haven't been able to exercise, I've been starving myself and not approaching girls like I use too.

I grew up with a great family. Had everything I needed in life. Yet I was still going home each day after school either crying when I got into my room or going outside and riding my bike.

I would never wish this upon anyone..
    educate yourself before you wreck yourself.

smurrfy will become famous soon enough. (+50) smurrfy will become famous soon enough. (+50) smurrfy will become famous soon enough. (+50) smurrfy will become famous soon enough. (+50) smurrfy will become famous soon enough. (+50) smurrfy will become famous soon enough. (+50) smurrfy will become famous soon enough. (+50) smurrfy will become famous soon enough. (+50) smurrfy will become famous soon enough. (+50) smurrfy will become famous soon enough. (+50) smurrfy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I used to think depression was a crock of **** too. I come from a wealthy family, had a great childhood, and go to a great school and live an idealistic life. I came down with depression two years ago, and it was definitely the toughest time of my life. I resisted anti depressant medication but went through intense counseling for 6 months. A lot of people didn't know or believe that I was depressed, when at the same time I was on the verge of being suicidal. Just be supportive of your friend and believe everything he says.

ianreb is just really nice. (+1000) ianreb is just really nice. (+1000) ianreb is just really nice. (+1000) ianreb is just really nice. (+1000) ianreb is just really nice. (+1000) ianreb is just really nice. (+1000) ianreb is just really nice. (+1000) ianreb is just really nice. (+1000) ianreb is just really nice. (+1000) ianreb is just really nice. (+1000) ianreb is just really nice. (+1000)
    its weird... ive been through two major bouts of depression in my life. Just getting through my second one now....

its weird as hell though because when I wasn't depressed, I thought people were exaggerating and bull****ting (even after going through it the first time). Nothing really causes depression. No certain event. It just kind of happens. I have a lot of bad **** in my history, but nothing made my depression happen, at least not that I know of

soloS is just really nice. (+1000) soloS is just really nice. (+1000) soloS is just really nice. (+1000) soloS is just really nice. (+1000) soloS is just really nice. (+1000) soloS is just really nice. (+1000) soloS is just really nice. (+1000) soloS is just really nice. (+1000) soloS is just really nice. (+1000) soloS is just really nice. (+1000) soloS is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hell yeah it is son, Ive been through it and it can sometimes catch back up to me but the cure for it is positive thinking. You have to change your mindset, the way you think and the way you perceive the world.

Takes helluva effort to do so but Its obviously worth it.
    “Ask not for a lighter burden, but ask for broader shoulders.”

TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TypeZero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Those things may seem great to a person who doesn't have it but to him it's the norm.

A starving kid in Africa could be wondering why we (North America) don't feel like we're on E all the time because we have food and shelter and don't have to have a dollar a day to survive.

Depression is sometimes a chemical imbalance or brought on by some kind of trauma...maybe in one quick instance or over time.

In all seriousness...people who haven't actually had it (there's a difference between being sad and being depressed) and those who haven't...and for those who haven't been depressed, they'll never really understand it.
    The Jerk store called, they're running out of you!

psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000) psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000) psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000) psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000) psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000) psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000) psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000) psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000) psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000) psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000) psychnurse2012 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    misc psychologists?
    yes. you definitely know a person is depressed, if all of those worldly achievements, aren't satisfying him.

sometimes it's not an external problem but an internal one.

combination of therapy and medication could work, if isolated treatments of either, doesn't.

this. what the hell?

brb starving and can't get money to eat one meal
    brb people pissing on me just for fun
    brb kids beating me up, as if i am not a person anymore
    brb sleeping outside in the cold, rain, hot sun
    *If you have a personal blog you are looking to get readers to, and want to network with me, get at me in my inbox. It's just basically a link exchange or just an extra person to view and comment for free :)

My Personal blog: http://iamcandyman.com
    My Fitness Blog: http://lovemymuscles.com
    My Personal Fitness Blog/Journal/Log: http://lovemymusclesfitness.com