Closed Thread
Page 2 of 327 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Fellowcitizen is just really nice. (+1000) Fellowcitizen is just really nice. (+1000) Fellowcitizen is just really nice. (+1000) Fellowcitizen is just really nice. (+1000) Fellowcitizen is just really nice. (+1000) Fellowcitizen is just really nice. (+1000) Fellowcitizen is just really nice. (+1000) Fellowcitizen is just really nice. (+1000) Fellowcitizen is just really nice. (+1000) Fellowcitizen is just really nice. (+1000) Fellowcitizen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nah, it's definitely real, often times it's simply a chemical imbalance but other factors and stresses can lead to it, including things like sustained illness and trauma. You'd be pretty hard pressed to say that someone is just imagining a manic episode they're having.

That being said, moods fluctuate naturally, and I'm sure there are many who are misdiagnosed, everyone gets down periods in their life but come out of it fairly soon. It's important to remember that you can do a lot to maintain a healthy frame of mind through correct eating and diet, exercise and thought process. In fact, many doctors not only prescribe medication but also suggest lifestyle changes.

anonymous
    Its a chemical imbalance oftentimes which is derived from genetic factors. If the person has had trauma it will be worse and more prevalent.

BrotatoChip is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotatoChip is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotatoChip is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotatoChip is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotatoChip is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotatoChip is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotatoChip is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotatoChip is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotatoChip is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotatoChip is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotatoChip is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Of course it's real. Think about when you're really pissed at someone, you can't just will yourself out of your rage, it takes time. Even if you make a concerted effort not to be mad any longer it will take quite a few mins to actually be in a good mood again. With depression, people get 'locked' into a state of perpetual unhappiness by a chemical imbalance.

ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000) ziggy5121 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yes

RichieLitt is just really nice. (+1000) RichieLitt is just really nice. (+1000) RichieLitt is just really nice. (+1000) RichieLitt is just really nice. (+1000) RichieLitt is just really nice. (+1000) RichieLitt is just really nice. (+1000) RichieLitt is just really nice. (+1000) RichieLitt is just really nice. (+1000) RichieLitt is just really nice. (+1000) RichieLitt is just really nice. (+1000) RichieLitt is just really nice. (+1000)
    You could have a perfectly good life on the outside and on the inside still feel like absolute sh.it. I feel nothing but sympathy for depressed people because I know what it feels like. Don't try to act like it is real or fake like you can comprehend it's sources or understand it. It is just something that fuks with people's lives and deserves attention and empathy for those under its grip.

otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fatpat23 View Post
    lol at chemical imbalance being faked. money, success, friends, and family do not necessarily keep you from having mental illness. brb can't have schizophrenia because i am rich
    Schizophrenia is not the same you *******.
    Originally Posted by In-N-Out View Post
    It's like ADD. Kids don't wanna work hard in school because they are kids. So doctors make money and say they have ADD and hand out prescriptions from companies that pay them. corrupt.
    THIS. ADD/ADHD make me rage.

Originally Posted by Watsons View Post
    i think you're an idiot for arguing against science

scenario 1: doctors are right

scenario 2: kickass badass misc fág (you) is right and doctors and people are lying, people who are rich and happy are pretending to be sad

idiot, you deserved the train neg.
    Arguing against "science"...because science has never been wrong? You slack jawed ******* I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I know that someones body could release chemicals that induce the feeling of being sad/depressed more than they should. What I'm saying is that alot of people are just being hypochondriac *******s and just popping pills.
    ★cVc★ OEFx2
    *Circumcised but Anti-Circumcision Crew*
    ★Subaru WRX/STi Crew★ (2006 WRX, Stage 2, CAI)
    "Started from Wall Rose now the whole Recon Corp's fuarkin here"

B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    imo this would define true depression, not just feeling like shiit cuz your life sucks.

i've been diganosed w/ depression but don't really believe it. i'm just not happy w/ my life.

mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mskillaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes. I've suffered through depression (no homo, no beta) and I can tell you that its very real.

Menial things such as missing a green light can make you go ballistic. Did I have a reason to become depressed? No, I have a life many would die to give their children (I have literally everything I need, and I'm very thankful for that).

metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes. I would say 60-70% on medication are not actually depressed, maybe social anxiety.

The other 30% NEED those medications or they are crazy. I know a girl who when she is on it she's normal 80% of the time and too emotional the other 20%, she goes off the depression medications or lowers the dose and she cannot function.
    Life is easy when you take personal responsibility
    MMMC - Assistant to the Assistant of the Secretary of Assistance

I don't do limits.

longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by NegOP4NoDeliver View Post
    Not sure, depression usually comes from having certain needs not fulfilled. Seeing as most people have your list (rich, good looking, great job etc.) as criteria for being happy they will not understand why someone, who has all of these things, can suffer from depression.

A homeless guy living on the street can be happier than a rich kid with a lovely wife because quality of life is somewhat subjective.
    this

Originally Posted by bmay2 View Post
    Depression pretty much comes down to feeling like a worthless human being and thinking that you'll never feel better. None of the things you mentioned necessarily prevent someone from feeling that way, other than a better-than-average access to mental health resources (psychiatrists, therapists, etc.).
    this, you have a different set of mind. I don't see the point of doing anything anymore since I know I'll fail. I given up.

The childhood could be a big factor I dunno. I had a really messed up childhood, I don't wanna remember any of that shi#.
    ツ Forever Alone Crew ツ
    socially awkward crew
    21+ virgin crew
    creator http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134985591
    The Legion of Good Samaritans.
    350+

Milo3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Milo3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Milo3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Milo3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Milo3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Milo3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Milo3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Milo3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Milo3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Milo3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Milo3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes, depression is very serious.

Even people with lots of money living the high life can suffer from it.

Unless you've had depression before you really shouldn't judge.

I'm still recovering from depression. For long periods I just didn't wanna do anything, just stay in my room all day because I was so depressed and I'd get really angry at little things.

nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50) nungman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Uh, yeah it's real. **** anyone who tries to say otherwise, I hope they rot in hell. Do a lot of people get misdiagnosed with depression when really they just need someone to smack them and tell them to grow up? Sure. But real depression is entirely chemical, often hereditary or stemming from some sort of trauma, and has nothing to do with how great their lives may seem to an outsider.

I'm a completely different person without my medication (Prozac). It's not just being sad, it's an entire outlook on life and a negative perception of things that isn't necessarily congruent with reality stemming from a chemical imbalance in my brain. The smallest things can send me into a rage that I can't will myself out of, or I'll simply refuse to speak with anyone because I can't get whatever is making me miserable out of my head.

Your friend has real depression. Gotta love people who have no experience with it whatsoever trying to claim it isn't real.

longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250) longlurker has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    depression will peak at the age of 30-40, that's why so many people have mid-life crisis. I cannot explain the pain from depression but it's gotten to a point I cry every single day. No way I will be able to make it to 30 since it gets worse with age. I need dramatic change in my life if I ever want to get out of it. I know I need to change but my mind won't let me.
    ツ Forever Alone Crew ツ
    socially awkward crew
    21+ virgin crew
    350+

Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Linzzz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    there is a big difference between feeling sad and having serious clinical depression.

If you never struggled with it, you wouldn't understand.

Though, I think more focus needs to be put on natural ways of healing in conjunction with medication and therapy. Western medicine pumps people up full of drugs and sometimes that can make the depression worse.
    "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint."
    -Mark Twain

"The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back..."
    -Henry Rollins

Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000) Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000) Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000) Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000) Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000) Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000) Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000) Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000) Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000) Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000) Silmarillion is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by longlurker View Post
    depression will peak at the age of 30-40, that's why so many people have mid-life crisis. I cannot explain the pain from depression but it's gotten to a point I cry every single day. No way I will be able to make it to 30 since it gets worse with age. I need dramatic change in my life if I ever want to get out of it. I know I need to change but my mind won't let me.
    Ever seen a psychiatrist or psychotherapist? Helps a lot.
    reps 4 life: Gif_brah

PataciumEyeOdin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PataciumEyeOdin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PataciumEyeOdin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PataciumEyeOdin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PataciumEyeOdin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PataciumEyeOdin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PataciumEyeOdin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PataciumEyeOdin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PataciumEyeOdin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PataciumEyeOdin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PataciumEyeOdin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by HughMadbrough View Post
    isnt depression just some serotonin/dopamin deficiencies...not that much to it really?
    pretty much, its a problem with the creation, break down, use or transportation of brainc hemicals.... the drugs dont really help, because they dont correct the problem...

You cant view the body as separate parts, it all works together so any number of things can be wrong, big pharma doesnt give a fck tho

Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate2003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I considered myself in a certain state of it for many years. I still can drift off and get in a funk at times. I have found that working out has greatly reduced the amount times I get down.
      |X|~DIRTY SOUTH CREW~|X|
     /*||*\ Horse Head Crew /*||*\
    ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ Random Crew ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ *RIP*

|||__,,__(ツ) __,,__|||
                         \   Y   /    
                              '  | '
                                  / \
                          _|         |_

forsaken7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forsaken7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forsaken7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forsaken7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forsaken7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forsaken7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forsaken7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forsaken7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forsaken7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forsaken7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forsaken7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    People who are saying it's bull**** have obviously never been depressed

pls go

BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by forsaken7 View Post

pls go
    this

Registered User SausageWrangler's Avatar
    SausageWrangler is on a distinguished road. (+10) SausageWrangler is on a distinguished road. (+10) SausageWrangler is on a distinguished road. (+10) SausageWrangler is on a distinguished road. (+10) SausageWrangler is on a distinguished road. (+10) SausageWrangler is on a distinguished road. (+10) SausageWrangler is on a distinguished road. (+10) SausageWrangler is on a distinguished road. (+10) SausageWrangler is on a distinguished road. (+10) SausageWrangler is on a distinguished road. (+10) SausageWrangler is on a distinguished road. (+10)

darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10) darkhack is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Depression is a series of emotional conflicts created by perceptions of events or things in general that the individual believes relate to him, his self, ego or sense of well being.

He is associating external interpretations to his internal emotional workings.

His frame of mind, or any persons frame of mind is what governs their general state of being or, rather, perceived state of being.

He is most likely highly opinionated. Having been brought up and surrounded by women I see what might have been going on in his mind. Testosterone and estrogen produce different frames of mind. Woman are more let go ish. Men are more grab on-to ish. Contrary to what men will tell you, things affect them more than most know. He might be analytical, like myself, but without the ability to let go everything stays in the mind, interpretation and association never stops and he remains depressed.

There is no blanket, one size fits all definition of depression. The determining factor of the general sense of being of an individual is empirically governed by his own interpretations and last time I looked, we have free will.

What I am trying to say is that he is an incapable pussy and needs a real taste of misery to get himself out of his sobbing, pretentious depression. This can be done by sharing a vivid experience with him. Explain, or get someone to explain to him, an event that lead into depression and what you/they did to get yourself out of it.

From my perception (I am Buddhist), it is IMPOSSIBLE for an individual to help ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL to get himself/herself out of depression. What can be done however is a sharing of experiences where one brought himself out of depression. These kind of men are, for the most part, more brilliant than they seem to portray. They are so analytical that they can quite literally figure out how someone does something simply by observing. Which basically means, you can either fool this man into becoming better by giving him a story where you we're highly depressed and got yourself out of it (he will analyze this and create his own capability to actually produce the same result.) or share something concrete.

depression is real, I had it, then I started seeing the beautiful things in life and started focusing on the positive and got over it.
    Depression is not real. It's a frame of mind. The mind can't be pointed to, it can't be quantified, constrained, portrayed in a manner to do it justice. Your mind is not itself until it is empty, any thought inside it and meant to cause it to start and stop and analyze said thoughts. Once emptied it becomes spontaneous, unregretful and actually a mind. Anything that is systematic inside your head is not part of your mind, it is part of bull****.

A solid smack to the face of this man, without any reason or thought attached to it whatsoever would produce the emotions he needs to face in order to get of of depression. It's basically a wake-up call.

Every form of emotionally conflict a person has is in the mind. It cannot possibly be genetic. The genome is systematic in nature according to current theories. I know for a fact that the mind is unconditional. If he/you still think systematically then, you are a robot and depression is all you can possibly know. They say think outside the box, I say be outside the box.

pls go
    Saying it's real means it's part of objectivity which is, basically, the physical world. Choice is what leads to depression and choice is what get's you out of it. I have been depressed, first hand, borderline angry and compulsive and it WAS ALL because of my choices. Depression is not real, it is an illusion created by choice and the individuals ethics and morals become conflicted because of bad choices that don't reflect those very things. DEPRESSION shall not get a deserving affirmation from me. I talk down on it and say this with every healthy emotion in my body. DEPRESSION IS BULL****. Everytime someone talks about depression they immediately list there current standing in life by pointing out there current material achievements that they attained through THEIR CHOICES.
    CHOICE is the ONLY cause for depression. Why? Because you can choose to change jobs. Wives. Trades. Forums. Friends. Environments. Perceptions about your material things in relation to your emotions, if any.

I have been depressed. Because of my choices. Depressed is a state of being, nothing that can't be quantified or explained ultimately. Therefore, it is not part of what is real. Also, pity is the one thing you don't want to give to a depressed person. It enables them. Thus, saying it's truthfully bull**** will cause them to face the worst kind of emotion they ever had. If they've mastered choosing they will move past it, leaving it behind like the true entity that it is. Nothing.

It's funny to watch people support doctors and psychologists in their physical interpretations of emotional well being. It's a giant crock of ****. Choice isn't physical. And there are so many physiological systems in the body combined with actual present-time sense-perceptions, past memories all together with the fact that the person interacts with about a gazillion action/reaction events during each ****ing second of his life. Scientists make there discoveries on fixed, controlled, observed subjects and things. You cannot treat a person who lives day to day with this kind of Doctorate bull****. You treat it with experience. A person who's been depressed will do more good than the most highly sought genius who had a PhD since 16.
    Last edited by darkhack; 07-06-2011 at 11:34 AM.

TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by soloS View Post
    Hell yeah it is son, Ive been through it and it can sometimes catch back up to me but the cure for it is positive thinking. You have to change your mindset, the way you think and the way you perceive the world.

Takes helluva effort to do so but Its obviously worth it.
    repped

came in here to post pretty much this exact same thing. being rich and whatever doesn't stop depression. he may seem to have the perfect life but that may be the whole problem. his life may be "too perfect" and boring. it was with me. i thought i was just a cookie cutter upper middle class white boy who had a good life and most things that i wanted, along with millions of others just like me. i thought my life was just too damn boring and started thinking negative about everything in life. i also would downplay any and all accomplishments or believe that i didn't truely deserve it. at the end of the day it's a mindset but the person in the depression can't see it. the best thing for me was trying to think positive. even if i thought it was complete bull**** in my head. just kept forcing positive thoughts out, like a smile is supposed to release endorphines, i did that with my thoughts. that and getting outside and in nature as much as possible helped the most.

Originally Posted by Silmarillion View Post
    I don't have health insurance, I don't believe theraphy can change my life but I would just love to talk to someone.
    Originally Posted by nungman View Post
    Uh, yeah it's real. **** anyone who tries to say otherwise, I hope they rot in hell. Do a lot of people get misdiagnosed with depression when really they just need someone to smack them and tell them to grow up? Sure. But real depression is entirely chemical, often hereditary or stemming from some sort of trauma, and has nothing to do with how great their lives may seem to an outsider.

I'm a completely different person without my medication (Prozac). It's not just being sad, it's an entire outlook on life and a negative perception of things that isn't necessarily congruent with reality stemming from a chemical imbalance in my brain. The smallest things can send me into a rage that I can't will myself out of, or I'll simply refuse to speak with anyone because I can't get whatever is making me miserable out of my head.

Your friend has real depression. Gotta love people who have no experience with it whatsoever trying to claim it isn't real.
    This, I blow up with the small stuff. People should not bother me when I'm in the rage mode(they usually don't cause I have fuk off face). When I see people in the park with friends,family, gf, makes me rage cause I know I will never have that. I read a lot about prozac and it's best for me not to take any meds. I also don't see the point of living that life. There is a reason why I'm depressed, my life is not going to change by taking a pill. Yes my mindset might change but my life will still be the same.

reasons for depression
    existential depression: life has no inherent meaning. we all die..only meaning that seems certain is what meaning we personally choose to invest in our lives. For some they delicate their lives with god.

Circumstancial depression: I find myself in a situation that I cannot see a way out so I quit before I even start.

Loneliness: Feeling completely detached and separate from the human race, because no one sees the world like I do. No one will understand this feeling, there's a difference between foreveralone and feeling this way.

Passivity: self-doubts and hates to commit to something that cannot be proven effective. I don't see the point of anything anymore, I DON"T want to learn because it doesn't MATTER. Why study for a exam that you'll never use or forget everything about in couple months. Why use big words no one will understand?
    ツ Forever Alone Crew ツ
    socially awkward crew
    21+ virgin crew
    350+

gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by otakutrevan View Post
    What I'm saying is that alot of people are just being hypochondriac *******s and just popping pills.
    Agreed. 100 percent.

Doctors are sponsered by Drug Companies- they benifit for prescribing all this ****. People wonder where kids get large amounts of pills- from their doctors. I can get a script for anything. Most doctors will give you ***** if you have a head ache if you go to the right one.
    educate yourself before you wreck yourself.

Archanic is a name known to all. (+5000) Archanic is a name known to all. (+5000) Archanic is a name known to all. (+5000) Archanic is a name known to all. (+5000) Archanic is a name known to all. (+5000) Archanic is a name known to all. (+5000) Archanic is a name known to all. (+5000) Archanic is a name known to all. (+5000) Archanic is a name known to all. (+5000) Archanic is a name known to all. (+5000) Archanic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yes, could be physiological or physical (brain) stuff going on. Something bad that he feels has happened to him that he has not told you could be really bothering him, or he could just have a poor outlook on life. Maybe he is sad because he is surrounded by success other people want but is unstimulated by it.

Could be a million different things going on, but depression is real.

thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thefederalist has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Is it possible that pumping emo music into your ears and watching and rewatching sad tv shows causes depression? movies like twilight glamorize a depressed aesthetic. if a character isn't brooding he isn't cool these days. it used to be that we called these ppl *******s. no longer.
    ***Not done with my drink till I've crunched all the ice crew***

OMGAGIRL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OMGAGIRL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OMGAGIRL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OMGAGIRL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OMGAGIRL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OMGAGIRL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OMGAGIRL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OMGAGIRL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OMGAGIRL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OMGAGIRL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OMGAGIRL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah when I was depressed, I thought everything was pointless, I didn't understand the point in having money and friends and goals because death pretty much nullified all of that. It was pretty hard to get out of, I couldn't will myself to see the point. So having the things your friend has may not mean anything to him.
    "What do you say, for instance, about a generation that has been taught that rain is poison and sex is death? If making love might be fatal and if a cool spring breeze on any summer afternoon can turn a crystal blue lake into a puddle of black poison right in front of your eyes, there is not much left except TV and relentless masturbation. It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat sh*t and die."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Fall Asleep Dreaming About VAPump Crew.

jcant is just really nice. (+1000) jcant is just really nice. (+1000) jcant is just really nice. (+1000) jcant is just really nice. (+1000) jcant is just really nice. (+1000) jcant is just really nice. (+1000) jcant is just really nice. (+1000) jcant is just really nice. (+1000) jcant is just really nice. (+1000) jcant is just really nice. (+1000) jcant is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Silmarillion View Post
    If it's a chemical problem, how could a psychiatrist fix it? That's what I don't understand. If a psychiatrist can fix it, that would mean it's all in the person's head and there is nothing actually wrong with them.

I can't even do a simple task like laundry, taking a shower, cleaning the room, eating, cooking.
    ツ Forever Alone Crew ツ
    socially awkward crew
    21+ virgin crew
    350+

TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMigration will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nungman View Post

is it really? i had the exact same thing that you are describing and in no way think it was a chemical imbalance. never was on any meds either and i am fine now. but thank you for your diagnosis, Dr. *******.

your case my be chemical, i'm not arguing that. but all cases are not and they are definitely still real cases of depression. hell i thought that **** would kill me.

edit: my case may have become chemical but it was brought on by my perception of myself and the world around me.
    Last edited by TheMigration; 07-06-2011 at 12:07 PM.