Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    forever98b has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

So my mother asked me a question today...

Lately she's been sort of pissed at me for eating so much and I keep telling her eat big get big. So a while ago I had a meal and told her I was gonna make protein shake (cause I barely ate today) and she went anal about how much Im eating.

We argued and **** but something really got me thinking. She asked me why im doing this, i told her "because i wanna get ripped". she went "why do you wanna get ripped", "because I wanna be fit, i wanna be active i dont wanna be lazy all my life".
    "yeah well with what cause? Whats your objective?"
    "i just wanna be a better version of myself"
    "why dont you become a better version of yourself by studying?" (keep in mind im not even a bad student at all, im seventh in my class)
    and then she went on about how pointless this whole thing was. she asked me who im trying to compete with as if i was going for a bodybuilding competition. she really thinks the only reason to get fit is for competition purposes.

really got me thinking, i mean, is there really no point to getting big and working out? really killed my vibe and i was pumped up for tomorrow.

Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well u dont need to get big to get healthy. Bodybuilding is just a hobby or a luxury for some. Try explaining to ur mom u enjoy lifting and it is better than to go out and go hangout at clubs to drink and smoke.

Is it wrong to be strong? CodyBaragar's Avatar
    CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by forever98b View Post
    really got me thinking, i mean, is there really no point to getting big and working out? really killed my vibe and i was pumped up for tomorrow.
    Im pretty sure the point of it is because you enjoy it...

Im not sure you thought very hard about this...

CallmeEvan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallmeEvan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallmeEvan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallmeEvan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallmeEvan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallmeEvan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallmeEvan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallmeEvan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallmeEvan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallmeEvan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallmeEvan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Personally i find working out has given me structure in my life - also has given me more confidence, which in turn has helped me career wise. If your mom buys your food, she will likely be anal about it, i don't know your age, but maybe get a part time job after studies and buy your own food? If she still complains, push her down the stairs... jk

ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghjk24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CodyBaragar View Post
    Im pretty sure the point of it is because you enjoy it...

Im not sure you thought very hard about this...
    See bolded.

I am a powerlifter and I compete in powerlifting for no one but myself. I do it because I love it and enjoy it greatly. That's it. It's that simple.
    please bro not in the AM

oozymrbunbun will become famous soon enough. (+50) oozymrbunbun will become famous soon enough. (+50) oozymrbunbun will become famous soon enough. (+50) oozymrbunbun will become famous soon enough. (+50) oozymrbunbun will become famous soon enough. (+50) oozymrbunbun will become famous soon enough. (+50) oozymrbunbun will become famous soon enough. (+50) oozymrbunbun will become famous soon enough. (+50) oozymrbunbun will become famous soon enough. (+50) oozymrbunbun will become famous soon enough. (+50) oozymrbunbun will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    it makes me feel good about myself.

Registered User ClubFootMonster's Avatar
    ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) ClubFootMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I could name a million reasons to lift ranging from being healthy to an escape from lifes daily stresses. If you're questioning yourself why youre doing it maybe this isn't the thing for you.
    Deadlift 525x3
    Squat 475x3
    Bench 300x2

Current supp stack
    Jack3d v2
    Anavite
    Food
    Food
    Food
    Food

Bi lateral club feet

Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noobontheblock will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Maybe ur mom is having a hard time financially if u eat too much.. u know chicken breast and protein powder are expensive

Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I was in a similar situation. my mom didn't understand why I couldn't go on a dirty bulk. in your case, it just sounds like she's being extremely selfish tbh. it's something you enjoy, and it's healthy. a parent that discourages something that is healthy and that you enjoy is not a good parent in my book. I would honestly just tell her she's being a bad influence, because she seriously is. there's more to life than study, study, study, then work the rest of your life, regretting that you never did something that could make you more confident, happier, and have a real sense of achievement. my parents think I'm setting a goal that's too high for me, and I'll never be big. my motivation is basically **** what anybody else says, im gonna reach my goals.
    Last edited by Seanage311; 08-17-2014 at 07:06 PM.

Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seanage311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ClubFootMonster View Post
    I could name a million reasons to lift ranging from being healthy to an escape from lifes daily stresses. If you're questioning yourself why youre doing it maybe this isn't the thing for you.
    completely disagree with that last part. I questioned myself too. lifting is for everyone, some people just don't have the willpower to be healthy.

Originally Posted by Seanage311 View Post
    I was in a similar situation. my mom didn't understand why I couldn't go on a dirty bulk. in your case, it just sounds like she's being extremely selfish tbh. it's something you enjoy, and it's healthy. a parent that discourages something that is healthy and that you enjoy is not a good parent in my book. I would honestly just tell her she's being a bad influence, because she seriously is. there's more to life then study, study, study, then work the rest of your life, regretting that you never did something that could make you more confident, happier, and have a real sense of achievement. my parents think I'm setting a goal that's too high for me, and I'll never be big. my motivation is basically **** what anybody else says, im gonna reach my goals.
    but then again what can OP do? OP still needs his parents money.. so OP will always lose in the debate

Mom: "If you want to do ur thing dont do it in my house" <-- debate ender

s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50) s58 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Want a reason? Ask yourself this

Do you wanna look the way you are right now for the rest of your life? Or do you change your body and look good for the rest of your life?

Do you wanna be weak for the rest of your life? Or do you wanna be strong?

SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For me I love to see myself grow and get better. Plus being big and strong enough is ALPHA AS ****

paxattacks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Take it with a grain of salt and don't psych yourself out and start doubting yourself. Bodybuilding is a great sport; it improves discipline, your health and your self confidence... the list goes on.

Noobontheblock is right: you could be out drinking, doing drugs, getting into trouble in all sorts of ways. But, you're not: you're committed to taking care of yourself.

Competing with others isn't the end goal: you do it because it makes you feel good about yourself. And if you ever do choose to compete, you'd be doing it for the love of the sport and to challenge yourself; not to outdo the next guy.

Good luck and enjoy,
    Pax

Lately she's been sort of pissed at me for eating so much and I keep telling her eat big get big. So a while ago I had a meal and told her I was gonna make protein shake (cause I barely ate today) and she went anal about how much Im eating.

We argued and **** but something really got me thinking. She asked me why im doing this, i told her "because i wanna get ripped". she went "why do you wanna get ripped", "because I wanna be fit, i wanna be active i dont wanna be lazy all my life".
    "why dont you become a better version of yourself by studying?" (keep in mind im not even a bad student at all, im seventh in my class)
    and then she went on about how pointless this whole thing was. she asked me who im trying to compete with as if i was going for a bodybuilding competition. she really thinks the only reason to get fit is for competition purposes.

gud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gud1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by paxattacks View Post
    Take it with a grain of salt and don't psych yourself out and start doubting yourself. Bodybuilding is a great sport; it improves discipline, your health and your self confidence... the list goes on.

Noobontheblock is right: you could be out drinking, doing drugs, getting into trouble in all sorts of ways. But, you're not: you're committed to taking care of yourself.

Competing with others isn't the end goal: you do it because it makes you feel good about yourself. And if you ever do choose to compete, you'd be doing it for the love of the sport and to challenge yourself; not to outdo the next guy.

Good luck and enjoy,
    Pax
    Probably best response ITT. But LOL why are you in teen misc, Pax? This section is for teens only! Kind of weird seeing a 44 y/o here.

@OP I have a similar problem with my mom. She thinks exercise (or leaving the house in general) is a waste of time because it detracts from studying. She'll eventually shut up when you get a 4.0 gpa.

Have fun getting that 4.0! Good luck.

BTW

here is a relevant quote:
    "You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother."

Albert Einstein

Einstein means to say that in order to truly understand something you need to be able to explain it in simple terms. This idea is demonstrated by what happens when you don't really understand something. For example it's easy to just recite text about general relativity from Wikipedia. But are you able to explain it on your own terms? I don't think you even really understand yourself why you want to lift. You had a difficult time articulating your opinion. How do you expect her to understand when you don't even understand? Think very deeply and come up with a reason why you lift. And when you tell people about it speak from the heart, with passion, and profundity.

1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1ntensify will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    She's jelly bro
    “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” - Lao Tzu

PR's=

Bench - 260 lbs
    Dead - 315 lbs
    Squat - 350 lbs
    Bicep Curl - 120 lbs
    Shoulder Press - 185 lbs

*Manlet Race*

blazr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Being ripped and having a good physique increases your confidence massively. - Look good, feel good. Ask her what's wrong with being healthy? With being fit? That's pretty weird for a parent to criticize a child for wanting to be fit. But reguardless, it comes down to what you want, and what you want to do with your body. Heck I'm cutting so I can get ripped for summer ;]

kohlerbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kohlerbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kohlerbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kohlerbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kohlerbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kohlerbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kohlerbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kohlerbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kohlerbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kohlerbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kohlerbear is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's an interesting question, I guess it all comes down to your goals. If it makes you happy, then why stop?
    Following 5/3/1 programming? Check out my free android app to project your cycles at play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kohlerbear.whowascnscalc&hl=en
    If you find any bugs or would like to see a feature added just message me!

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's no point in anything we ever do. Lifting makes you feel good and that's enough.
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10) Symbolistic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I fking hate when parents say sh!t like "THERE IS NO POINT IN DOING >>insert wut u do here<< JUST GO STUDY"
    That is so stupid, they try to say if you do anything that doesn't relate to school, it is pointless.

Honestly, studying isn't the only fking important thing in life.
    Seriously when I hear them say that sh!t I imagine myself living a life where studying would be the only thing I did.

Can you imagine that? Living life just in a library or in school your entire life and then dying, WHAT A SH!T LIFE.

I swear I wanna slap my mom everytime she says that sh!t about just studying only.

Adonis00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adonis00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adonis00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adonis00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adonis00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adonis00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adonis00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adonis00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adonis00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adonis00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adonis00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Symbolistic View Post
    I fking hate when parents say sh!t like "THERE IS NO POINT IN DOING >>insert wut u do here<< JUST GO STUDY"
    That is so stupid, they try to say if you do anything that doesn't relate to school, it is pointless.

Honestly, studying isn't the only fking important thing in life.
    Seriously when I hear them say that sh!t I imagine myself living a life where studying would be the only thing I did.

Can you imagine that? Living life just in a library or in school your entire life and then dying, WHAT A SH!T LIFE.

I swear I wanna slap my mom everytime she says that sh!t about just studying only.
    I know them feels brah. Indian parents crew checking in.

But understand that they just want the best for you.
    Bench Press: 40kg/90lbs Height: 168cm/5'6
    Deadlift: 65kg/145lbs Weight: 56kg/125lbs
    Squat: 55kg/121lbs

*Misc Underage Crew*
    *Orders pizza too scared to answer the door crew*
    *Lowers money from 2nd floor with bucket tied to rope crew*
    *Piss right in the middle of the bowl to make as much noise as possible and assert dominance crew*

ImJaTheNinja is just really nice. (+1000) ImJaTheNinja is just really nice. (+1000) ImJaTheNinja is just really nice. (+1000) ImJaTheNinja is just really nice. (+1000) ImJaTheNinja is just really nice. (+1000) ImJaTheNinja is just really nice. (+1000) ImJaTheNinja is just really nice. (+1000) ImJaTheNinja is just really nice. (+1000) ImJaTheNinja is just really nice. (+1000) ImJaTheNinja is just really nice. (+1000) ImJaTheNinja is just really nice. (+1000)
    Mum, don't kill my vibe. I can feel your energy from two planets away.

You're doing it for yourself, not for her. Most parents prioritise studying over everything, they're just looking out for you.

Keep hustlin' cuz.

Therealsequoiia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Therealsequoiia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Therealsequoiia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Therealsequoiia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Therealsequoiia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Therealsequoiia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Therealsequoiia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Therealsequoiia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Therealsequoiia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Therealsequoiia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Therealsequoiia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It is a hobby and a good one at that, some people collect baseball figurines, you build a healthier body

Darrenf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darrenf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darrenf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darrenf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darrenf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darrenf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darrenf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darrenf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darrenf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darrenf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darrenf1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Workout for the post workout high! I love the feeling of walking out of the gym feeling like you just gave it your all!

HMLL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its a good hobby to have, cant really get bored with it as there's always something to improve.

kew1997 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think the best answer to parents is that between drugs,alcohol and other unhealthy stuff,you choose to live healthy and take care of yourself. Tell them that you could do drugs at this moment,but you didn't choose that way of life.

IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I mean could just start buying from wholesale places like sam's club or bj's lol

rainbowtetra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Don't be discouraged brah, tell her that she's fat because she blatantly is.

roiboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roiboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roiboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roiboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roiboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roiboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roiboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roiboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roiboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roiboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roiboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=forever98b;1281665231]Lately she's been sort of pissed at me for eating so much and I keep telling her eat big get big. So a while ago I had a meal and told her I was gonna make protein shake (cause I barely ate today) and she went anal about how much Im eating.

XD

TheGrindKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrindKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrindKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrindKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrindKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrindKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrindKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrindKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrindKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrindKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheGrindKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Noobontheblock View Post
    Maybe ur mom is having a hard time financially if u eat too much.. u know chicken breast and protein powder are expensive
    protein powder isnt expensive -.-
    Bulking [x]
    Cutting [ ]

"I'de rather be dead than average" - Mike 'maddog' Bell