valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up Journey to Super Saiyan [Goal to reach the 1000 pound club and beyond]

Hey everyone, I'm a beginner power lifter who has only recently taken this seriously. Just some quick background info, I love basketball and have been playing non serious since I was in high school. I dabbled in weights here and there but only started consistently going about 2-3 years ago. My gains have been miniscule due to my lack of discipline, poor diet and lack of direction. I was just there to do some stuff, get tired then go home. Only the past few months, I have a renewed sense of discipline and motivation. It definitely helps to have a clear cut goal and good people around to motivate me. I decided that I was going to document this on a blog and also a youtube account in order to record my progress. So far the videos have helped me find that my bench press form needs fixing and my squat could also be lower. I've only shown this to people who appreciate power lifting and strength training. I think this huge community is an appropriate place for me to post my progress up as well. Everyone here seems to be on the other side of the spectrum in terms of strength. I hope that someday I can reach some of the lofty numbers that people here can do.

I have been consistent with the power lifting aspect for around 3 months now and I have seen improvement throughout all my lifts. I initially started off with the 5x5 for a month. I did get stronger but I decided to change it up with the Candito 6 week strength program. This was my first time adding a program into my lifting and I can't believe how much it has worked.

My current long term goal is to reach the 1000 pound club.

My max lifts are currently at:
    Bench : 85kg - 187 pounds
    Deadlift: 152.5kg - 336 pounds
    Squat : 132.5kg - 292 pounds
    Total: 370kg - 815 pounds

The videos that I will be posting up contain the main compound movements that is part of the Candito 6 week Strength program. Regardless of whatever programs I'm following, I will post few accessories. Please don't mind my editing, I have only learnt how to do it 3 weeks ago. I have added music (I've asked for permission) in order to make it sound nice too. All in all, these are just diary style snippets of my workouts every week. I don't record ever single exercise and accesorry stuff I do. I will post most of my workouts here and my blog.

--> http://myjourneytosupersaiyan.blogspot.com.au

Last thing I'm going to mention is the title 'Journey to Super Saiyan'. As you can tell I'm a dragonball Z fan. This analogy fits me well as many of the characters are warriors who are dedicated to improving and getting stronger. Their power levels differ hugely from each other. If I was to honestly compare myself through the power levels of our Dragonball Z heros, I would definitely be on the Yamcha scale of power. But I'm also like Vegeta in regard to work ethic and also in the sense that it will take me a long time to reach Super Saiyan. Whoever is reading, I hope that I have piqued your interest enough so you could keep tabs on me and even give me advice. About 100% of people here could give me advice haha, please don't hesitate to comment and tell me if I'm going wrong somewhere. I'm looking forward to the journey and reaching my current 1000 pound goal.
    http://myjourneytosupersaiyan.blogspot.com.au/ - My blog on my power lifting progress.

valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am currently doing The Candito 6 Week Strength Training program for the second time. I am about to commence on the 4th week.

So far, I have videos on the first week and second week. Third week coming up soon.

1st week:

2nd Week:
    Last edited by valero90; 08-09-2014 at 09:46 PM.
    http://myjourneytosupersaiyan.blogspot.com.au/ - My blog on my power lifting progress.

Just started week 4 of the Candito Program. It's called Heavy Weight Acclimation

Monday -

Squat-
    warmup
    117.5kg x 3
    120.0kg x 3
    122.5kg x 3
    125.5kg x 3 [I had a lot of energy so decided to try another, more heavier set]

Deadlift
    warm up
    80kg x 6
    90kg x 6
    100kg x 6
    100kg x 6

Tuesday
    bench
    70kg x 3
    72.5kg x 3
    77.5kg x 3

Close grip brench
    40kg x 10
    50kg x 10
    60kg x 8
    70kg x 6
    72.5kg x 3

Friday today
    Squat
    122.5kg x 3
    125kg x 2
    125kg x 2

Deadlift
    140kg x 3
    145kg x 3
    145kg x 3

cable rows and pull ups for accessories

Had to skip 3 days due to uni commitments, but I completed the fourth week just today.

Bench Press

75kg x 4
    77kg x 2-4
    80kg x 2
    80kg x 2 (extra)
    80kg x 1 (extra)

+ Close grip bench x 4 sets
    + Incline dumbell x 4 sets
    + Tricep pulldowns x 5

This is a late upload of Week 3 of my program. As mentioned in the previous post, I've completed the final part of week 4. Will be starting my week 5 stuff tomorrow. I am 3 days behind thanks to uni stuff I had to get done, but it's all good. I'll consider it an unintentional 3 day deload haha

Chocolate nipples of peac Muzzlrpress's Avatar
    Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ***The Misadventires of Gandalf the Black***
    **Best Meet Lifts***/***Best Gym Lifts*** (strength status: retired)
    S/457.5 ~ 465x3
    B/325 ~ 315x5/350x1
    D/512.6 ~ 495x3
    ***Big Dock Crew***
    ***Block Crew***
    ***High Tast Crew***
    ***2022 Aesthetics Crew***
    ***Chess Crew***
    ***I have chosen violence***

Lol what?

Finally started week 5, high intensity strength.

Squat

130kg x 4 (got a bit of help with the fourth rep) ... so should be 3 reps lol.

Pretty happy about this!

Haven't updated in over 3 weeks! Didn't have much time to update due to uni pracs, but hey I gotta stop making excuses. I still stuck to my training and ecorded the progress. I hit decent gains during my 6th week (PR attempt week).

Here are my numbers

Bench
    85kg to 87.5kg

Deadlift
    152.5kg to 160kg

Squat
    132.5kg to 137.5kg

My bench gain is pretty modest, but other than that, I'm very happy with the overall result. This year is the first I've used programming and I still can't believe how much of a difference it is making. Definitely going to stick to it! Candito's 6 week thing works! Videos of my week 4,5 and 6 will be up this week.

As you can see in my previous post, I've already completed the 6 weeks.

I'm still editing week 5 and 6 to upload very soon. I just completed and uploaded week 4. Time for some sleeep..