Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Babalu1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Oli123 View Post
    I did feel very settled there (Thailand), I got a bit fed up of Thailand once I could speak a decent level of thai and heard what people were really saying - But I could have quite happily settled in the Philippines or certain areas of Thailand. The main reason for returning to "normal" life was Financial. I faced the option of getting old there and forever earning a by western standards very mediocre wage if I chose to work there, (previously I had some income from the internet that funded my trips but it was not sustainable and had no future prospects) or returning home and attempting to start a career so I would be able to invest etc. There were other reasons one of the biggest being that I wanted to spend some time with my grandparents before they are no longer around.

I found it very hard to get a serious job (not talking flipping burgers or tescos) in the area of my degree. I had a few interviews but they all expressed doubts as to if I would stick around in the country if i got the job, and lack of "recent" experience in the field was another issue. So that is one bad consequence - I dont regret it though it was worth it. The difficulty in getting a decent job is why I started a business, as I didn't want to work for minimum wage - I did that enough to survive and support myself while doing my a levels and degree. So the answer to your question is Yes my degree did lose its value to an extent after not using it for a number of years. However I am doing fine at the moment, and if my business stops making money I will have been able to save enough to train in something else for my future prospects. Also I dont consider it useless, in that It would allow me to teach abroad and does give me a stepping stone here.
    Thanks for the detailed response brah. What were the Thai people really saying to you? lol

That is a worry of mine. At the moment working and living in Asia sounds like something I want to do long term, but if I decided to come home after 6 years, all of a sudden I am unemployed in my late 20's with a 6-7 year old degree. We don't all have the know-how to just start a business
    Cheese Crew

Oli123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oli123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oli123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oli123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oli123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oli123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oli123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oli123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oli123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oli123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oli123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Babalu1 View Post
    Thanks for the detailed response brah. What were the Thai people really saying to you? lol

That is a worry of mine. At the moment working and living in Asia sounds like something I want to do long term, but if I decided to come home after 6 years, all of a sudden I am unemployed in my late 20's with a 6-7 year old degree. We don't all have the know-how to just start a business
    I got lucky brah, A Family friend that I had known since I can remember (and I grew up with his son) was a wholesaler and got me started by agreeing to sell to me on the basis that any of his products that I didnt sell, I didnt pay for, and only payed him when I sold them. That got me enough capital to get going and invest in other stuff (alot from importing from contacts I made when In China - I stayed in China with a friend I shared a house with at uni in Uk and he and his family, running a business employing more then 1000 people had alot of business contacts in the area) aswell as his products.

Basically A lot of Thai people were extremely fake, smiling at westerners and the nicest, politest people you would ever meet. being ever so friendly and polite while talking about "how this stupid westerner is paying so much, or how his western girlfriend is a dog etc. Basically though using derogitory or outright racist phrases to talk about westerners (and if your black its 5x worse!) or trying to rip them off. If I hadnt understood that thai it would have been better just in ignorance enjoying life and feeling well treated, but knowing what they were actually saying was quite depressing, and put me off the country a bit. That said when I lived (throughout north thailand) there there were a fair amount of very kind, genuine Thai people that I met, mostly outside of the tourist areas and not speaking much English. Unfortunatley it got to the stage where I would pretend I didnt speak thai so I would know what people were saying without them being secret from me because i got so fed up of overt racism toward me or people saying bad things when they thought i didnt understand.
    Mate if I were young again I would do exactly the same. Travelling etc. Life is a game -You never know when it will end and there are always opertunities that will be available to you. In retrospect though the way society is set up here in the uk, if I was a fresh graduate I would work for 5 years or so before travelling and living abroad, so I had that experience etc to fall back on and not a load of companys thinking you are a hippy or a bum!. That is what I would Reccomend. Hope that answers your questions, For me I feel I have had some great experiences and a great life!, but there are consequences so in retrospect, I would have approached it differently - with a more long term perspective, and probably established myself here first. Good Luck bro in whatever you do brah!
    www.rakerewards.co.uk - poker rapeback

Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Oli123 View Post
    Haha agree 100% Some backpackers are great, you dont need much money to travel, the guys just out to have fun experience life are great, but lots of them do exactly the same thing, decide to dress in weird clothing, are are basically clones of each other. They also feel they are full of "knowledge" especially about the local culture etc.

Loved reading your blog about Cambodia man, I spent about 4 years total in thailand, and about a year in other asian countries including Cambodia. Reading this and your blog brought back many good memories! Aswell as inspiring me with some of the experiences you are having. Would love to go back, but I am running my own business here so its unlikely I will have the time to for the next couple of years
    Clones is a great way to put the back packer i dont like into a category, if anyone thinks that coming her on a low budget means you're a backpacker, it doesnt, because u can make ur money go along way in s.e asia

Originally Posted by Jayballer22 View Post
    1) How much $ did you leave for thailand with?
    2) Did you work there at all? Would it be smarter to never work there and just save up and go as long as you can with a certain amt of $?
    3) Are good looking white guys > good looking thai guys?
    4) How much is your expenses a month? specifically food/room?
    5) Is the place you are staying nice?
    6) How safe is the food?
    7) Are women there more loose than in the UK (US or AUS too if uve ever been there)?
    8) How much does it cost for nomsayin?
    9) Are you bigger than most people there?
    10) Are there a lot of old creepy white men?
    11) Do you have new stuff to do every day or so or are you at the routine day-to-day phase? Also, how much does it cost to do stuff like sight-see an hour or so away?
    12) Any gyms?
    13) Are there a lot of ladyboys? Are you able to tell them apart easily now?
    14) Do you feel safe going out? Do you feel your belongings are safe where you are?
    15) How is the food?
    16) Is it warm year round?
    17) How long do you plan on staying there/Are you going back after cambodia?
    18) Did you go with anyone?
    19) What do you plan on doing when you are broke?
    20) Are there a lot of clubs/bars?
    why not 21 questions?

1. Read the thread.

2. I haven't worked yet, but i do plan to. Jobs are diverese mate, ive met some people who spend 2 weeks on an oil rig and 2 weeks in thailand, every year and that's their jobs.

3. It's complicated, over all i'd say yes, but the hot, rich Thai girls are rarely traitors, not suggesting Thai girls only look for money, but'd they've never had to interact with a foreign person, and i think some familys with high status believe thai girls who go with white guys are pond scum, just cultural difference.

But a good looking westerner over a good looking Thai, Whiter skins wins. And blonde hair blue eyes is favored by the majority, i would guess. But anything unusual to them, curly hair, a big nose, green eyes, they find attractive.

4. my expenses per month change always on who im with, which city im in and how much whiskey makes me spend, i try to eat relatively cheap meals one of the best pad thai's ive had here was cooked by a lady in Petchaburi, very little white people there, on the side of the road, it was 20 pence and fkin delicious

5. read thread.

6. Ive had the shyts seriously once, food poisoning from some bbq'd chicken on the street, it was so delicious i went back and bought a 2nd 1, was in bed 3 days and returned to full health after about 5 days. My poo has changed here, a solid poo is a rare experience and sometimes i thank Buddha for it

7. you could mean loose for anything, so im going to go with the obvious and id say yea, they are looser, especially if you are above average looking, young and white

8. £10-£30. £80-100 for pros. But i have paid £6. Its complicated, some girls that work tried to form relationships with me, they are real nice girls and i have a video of 1 skyping her boyfriend on my balcony, he was from England also and probably a miscer, sending her £400 per month

9. I'm 5'11 with wide shoulders, yes but not marginally.

10. It depends how you look at it, before i went to Thailand and i thought white creepy old men going to pay for sex in thailand is gross, my opinion has changed now, not all of them pay for sex but even those who do. They've chosen a beautiful place to retire after probably working hard all their life, he has a 20 year old girlfriend who's a strong 9/10 and he's just a boss in my opinion, truly enjoying life.

11. Some days i just go out to eat, come back and play computer games, watch tv. Rent a motorbike for exploration.

12. hundreds.

13.I can tell ladyboys apart 90% of the time from image alone, but as soon as i interact with one im 99% sure i know.
    Some places in some cities are sketchy, i went out around the ladyboy area for some fresh cantaloupe on the street stalls about 2am, and if ur not drunk its intense, every ladyboy and they're alot of them flock at u, grab u. Its easier when drunk to laugh and push them away politely but when u just wana eat some melon, i would recommend waiting until breakfast. My belongings are safe in thailand in the street, iphone etc, im cambodia alot of theft happens, but ive already told myself if some little knt tried to steal my phone im gona knock him out, its a useful mentality for a late night in phnom phen

15. The food is amazing, do u even thai?

16. and, its warm year round, im going back to thai to try find work, there are millions of clubs in in the party cities, im too stoned to continue to 20 i think i covered everything

Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vennom- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MomasBoyOnline View Post
    would you let a misc brah stay in one haha

how good is it there? and how cheap?
    Yeah, Would you let a misc brah stay in a condo in patty O.o ??

It's nice here, mellow doesn't get u blitzed, i smoked from 15-21 and quit because id just get anxiety and sht because too chronic, here you can order a 'happy' pizza, its free to make it happy if u nom sayin.

AsManThinketh is just really nice. (+1000) AsManThinketh is just really nice. (+1000) AsManThinketh is just really nice. (+1000) AsManThinketh is just really nice. (+1000) AsManThinketh is just really nice. (+1000) AsManThinketh is just really nice. (+1000) AsManThinketh is just really nice. (+1000) AsManThinketh is just really nice. (+1000) AsManThinketh is just really nice. (+1000) AsManThinketh is just really nice. (+1000) AsManThinketh is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thread revival
    "A man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts."

"As the physically weak man can make himself strong by careful and patient training, so the man of weak thoughts, can make them strong by exercising himself in right thinking."