Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DANG!!!! Cant eat that much food a day!!! Crap, it kill's me to only eat 10x my body weight, i could eat 20x and still be hungry.

Tulip35, i think your missing something, the phrase "pack on 150 g's of carbs and 150 g's of protein a day" doesn't make sense. Thats like saying "I dont know how im gonna be able to get my corvette up to 4mph even if i put the petal to the floor" Your only talking about 1200cals. If you cant put down 1200 cals a day you shouldnt be considering a diet becuase i think that your metabo could be messed up and you need to EAT 2000 cals a day primarly from low gi/high fiber carbs and lean protein and good fat for awhile...to get your metabo back in line. BTW, no flame intended BTW, how old are you? has a lot to do with basil metabo rate. Disclaimer: and i could be totally wrong as i am not a doctor or nutritionist, so im kinda shooting from the hip but something sounds funny.

I started a diet that was almost exactly the same as this on except it lacked variation to keep my metabo from slowing down. I started it in March when i was at about 11% bf, by the middle of May i was at 6% and looked INCREDIBLE, and im not kidding. I just ended up getting soooo friggin hungry that I couldnt keep it up. Last week i was at 9% and could tell, i just wasnt nearly as lean. I started the keto diet this mon and its going good, just really hungry...i expect to be back at 6% in another 10 days.

Whitexboy, how old are you? Im 31, 5'6" 160lbs 15" bicps 8%bf...when i get to 6% how the hell am i going to stay there? I just cant keep eating 1500-1600 cals a day, ITS KILLIN ME!
    I just want to stay at 5-6% for the rest of the summer, i dont think its good to be that low for very long...at least thats what i think i've heard.

Great thread, ill post pics when i get to 7%.
    Last edited by dtdionne; 06-06-2002 at 01:35 PM.

WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sorry guys, I've been busy these past few days, and haven't had much time to reply. It's hard dt, trust me I know, to eat only 10XBodyweight or even 12. Right now I'm bulking so I don't exactly have to worry about it. The only advice I have is to make sure that you are eating Low GI foods, and high protein/lowfat when you're not "dieting" to get lean. Staying so low in bodyfat is near impossible, but you can stay extremely lean if you watch the types of foods you eat, and make sure they are all healthy. My only carbs come from oatmeal and apples and green veggies...That is it! I don't take in any extra fat from anything else besides the oatmeal, and it's keeping me looking lean the whole time during my bulking phase.

I'll try to get some pics of myself up soon when I get my damn scanner fixed. My nephew accidently knocked it off the desk and it broke! Foolish kids! lol.
    Rest Day?!...Never heard of it.

dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cool, im sure i already asked you but what are your stats again, age height, bf, etc? As I write this i sit her starving....and i just ate whole bag of spring mix with a can of chicken, a little olive oil and 1/2 cup of oat bran cereal. Plus two pieces of Ezikiel bread and butter. I swear im more hungry now then before i ate.

Whats up with lower abdominal fat? Ive got great abs but still have a buldge very low in my abdomen, IT PISSES ME OFF!

Just had a smors nitro-tech bar and it was friggin AWSOME!!! I cant believe that it only has 5g's of carbs! It just tastes too good.

WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WhitExBoY is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Damn dt!!! Slow down with all that food! Maybe you just eat too fast, or your like me...it takes you like 45 min before your brain realizes you took the first bite!! What are your stats right NOW after you ate all that damn food?! I hope that was a scheduled meal and not just a snack!

My stats are almost identical with yours, with the exception of age. 19yrs, 5'6" tall, 145lbs, and about 14-15" biceps depending on the time of day lol.

My bodyfat scale is made by Tanita, and if you haven't already heard, they are a little off. I'm usually around 15-17% on it right now during my bulking, but I think that translates to about 7-11% on a more accurate scale because my six pack is still CLEARLY visible, and I know I'm not that high. People still think I'm cut as hell with my shirt off...but I'm taking in at least 3000 calories a day.

As for that lower abdomen...is it just a bulge, or can you squeeze off alot more extra skin there than any other part on your stomach? I think I know what you're talking about because mine has sort of a bulge, but its hard like muscle. Who knows..maybe it's just a "short guy" thing.

HAAHA!! Well it was the end of a scheduled meal. im still at about 7.5%bf but cant seem to get back down to 5% where i was about 2 months ago.
    The buldge is internal to my abdomen, there is nothing there to pinch and my abs are defined, its like i have fat inside my abdominal cavity around my colon. When i tense up you cant see it but i know its there and i want the full on Mens Health look and i heard those guys are at about 7% for photo shoots (which i dont believe, i think its much lower). Anyway on my way into work, will post again when i get in.

Well I think you'll always have it, because even when I got down to 4-4.5%, I still had mine. You're right though, when you tense up, it goes flat...but also remember, most of the time you're looking down at it I bet...other people may not notice it as much. Just stand tall and suck it in my friend!

Thats exactly what i do. I just got a camera, ill post some funny pics soon.

Well i went ahead and took some photos at work today durring lunch, you can see the buldge im talking about in the last photo

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...threadid=38468

Damn dt, I wouldn't cut the bodyfat anymore if I were you. Your lookin plenty defined in those pics, and your abs are perfect as they are right now. I look about your size, but my arms might be just a little bit smaller I think, but maybe it's just because you have less bodyfat, and your arm muscle shows a little better! lol I might have you on chest size though!

What I think you should maybe consider is putting just a tad more size on your chest, then maybe cut up a little more. Your physique is off the hook though bro, why don't you go ahead and change your name to posterboy? haha

What does your chest workout look like right now, and how often do you train? Maybe just a quick example of your training split could help. Also what supplements do you use, and how many calories do you consume per day? Here's my plan for getting a big chest...

I train chest once per week...

3X8 Incline BB Bench
    3X8 Incline DB Flyes
    3X10 or 3X6 Flat BB Bench
    2X6 Machine Flyes (Flat)

I always change up the order of excercises, or the excercise+reps itself every couple of weeks. Supplements are just protein/5g creatine after workouts/glutamine/ZMA No HGH, Pro Hormones, etc. Calories=3000 or so.

WhitExBoy, yeah in my opinion my chest is my worst part, it grows SOOOOO slowly, i work chest on monday (today) and we do:

2x15x135 warm up on hammer strength bench

10x185 flat bench
    8x205 falt bench
    6x225 flat bench
    6x225 flat bench

10x155 incline bench
    8x175 incline bench
    6x195 incline bench
    6x195 incline bench
    (this is my weakest excersize)

10x185 decline bench
    8x205 decline bench
    6x225 decline bench
    6x225 decline bench

4x10x55 barbell flat bench flys

2x15x50 cable cool downs

we workout m-f for about 1.25 hrs we work chest once a week, so i think im going to add a huge pushup day on like sat. and i have been working out for about a year now and at this intensity for about 3 months. I had a decent build before i started, i cut my weight to about 140 before starting to workout a year ago and was probably at about 10%bf then down from 25% or so.

sups and diet are:
    Diet: ~1800 - 2200 cals a day 40%p/40%f/20%carbs - keto
    I eat SOOOOOOO much damn spinich it isnt even funny, i also eat tons of salad, walnuts, tuna, salmon, chicken, feta cheeze, olive oil. but i have just cut out all protein sups for real food and it really REALLY helps with the hunger. i totally believe that this will be the key to getting 5%bf over the next 2 weeks. I also drink between 1.5 and 2 gallons of water a day. In fact i am just about to finish 2.5 gallons right now.

Supps:
    Androgel-my doc just put me on this last week cause my test is 210 which he said is very low even for a 60 year old guy. I think it is so low cause i wasnt getting enough fat or efa. It was really crazy, i got down to 5% by eating all protein and vegies and almost no fat. It took me about 1.5 months to get to 5 and when i did, my sex drive disappeared and my fingers were cracking and bleeding and im sure that is all because i got no fat for 1.5 months...and when i say no fat i mean mabey 6g's a day.
    ZMA+ trib
    ALA
    Humagro
    Udi's EFA
    SportsPharma Promax
    3g's of creatine

thanks so much for the complemets and advice, tell me what you think about my chest routine....we also do very heavy legs on tuesday (tomorrow)...i really had to push this one, the guys didnt want to do it, but i told them that i read that you should work legs the day after your weakest part cause doing really heavy legs releases TONS of growth hormone and if your chest is tore up from the day before it should really respond and grow good.

I have been doing legs now for about 2 months and they are my most improved part, im doing 10 plates on each side 6 times on the last of 4 sets on the leg press which is GREAT for me. I have never done legs because i crushed my right hip and pelvis in a bad motorcycle accident in 95 and have a huge plate and 7 screws holding me together.

please post some pics too, i cant tell you how encourged this has made me, everyone had been really cool.
    Last edited by dtdionne; 06-17-2002 at 07:06 PM.

dt-

I'm guessing your max bench press is somewhere around 300 or so? Your sets total around 20. IMO I think that might be over-doing the chest just a little. I usually try and stick to 12 total sets for my chest.

Since incline bench is your weakest, and you might want to try building up upper chest a little (works for me), you should do incline first so you can lift more. I always lift the areas that I feel are the weakest first. It's just that so many guys are afraid to lose their max strength on flat bench, and they always want to do it first since that is the time they are strongest. That doesn't leave much left for incline, so their upper chest is usually lagging behind.

I have a few friends like that. They always ask me how I get my chest to stick out and look big (in comparison to my size lol), and I just tell them to try incline first, but they never do!

Your diet looks good for cutting up, I just wouldn't go below 1800. Would you consider your metabolism fast, slow, or medium?

That really sucks about your accident though. I'm actually getting a bike here soon too, so hopefully I won't get too comfortable with it if you know what I mean! My legs progress at a much faster rate than any other body part as well, but that's just because they are the strongest muscle.

I'll try and get some pics up soon. Maybe I'll just borrow a digital camera from a friend. Keep up the hard work and good luck! Oh, BTW... what are you most proud of (which muscle)? Mine is triceps for sure.

Ya, my max is about 315, but to tell you the truth, i really dont care to be strong at all, i want to be just strong enough to continue to look better and better. Yeah, we do a lot of chest, we cycle A LOT and were on a heavy workout now. We do inclines right after warmups 80% of the time, the other 20% is just to change it up. One of the guys im training with won a national championship of some kind...he has a pic on the wall and its GREAT. Keep in mind that i have only been training with them for about 3 months now and before that I would say that I was very lacking. I changed my diet about a month before starting with them and have had CRAZY gains since then. I get asked what im on all the time and no one believes that im natural, which doesnt bother me cause i dont think im all that, i think its just because it has happend so fast.

I get about 2200-2400 cals a day honestly.

BE CAREFULL on that bike!!! man!! its not dying that scares me...its becoming a parapalegic (or however you spell it) that bakes my cookie, and that damn near happened.

My favorite part(s) are probably my abbs, arms, and shoulders...in that order.

GET SOME PICS!

tulip35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Question- I was told to try to stay away from cheese. Does anyone know why? I love cheese. Also - what are some good ideas for 40-40-20 meals?Thanks

I'll work on those pics...I just might feel a little weird asking one of my friends to take some shots of me. You're lucky you have people to lift with that take pride in the same ideas and habits as you. I don't have a single friend that has the same habits and work ethics as I do physically. They're all lazy asses, or weak, one or the other. If I try to explain to them the proper nutrion and training program, they'd get lost, or just stop paying attention. And don't get me started on the supplements, they don't even know that WHEY protein exists! Creatine? They think it's a dangerous steroid! lol. Bodybuilding just takes patience, and the will to learn damnit! Wait, don't forget about INTENSITY! My friends are lacking in all three.

Tulip-about your CHEESE...it's not exactly the healthiest food you can eat. I'm sure you'll live without the extra slice of cheese my man. If you want some good meal ideas, then just use your brain power..it's not hard, just watch the calories and protein/carb/fat ratio. How about 1/2 cup of oatmeal with 4 egg whites or a slab of tuna steak with some fat free butter spray? That's about 400 calories, and a great breakfast/pre-workout for the 40-40-20. Not to mention a great post workout meal. Good luck bro, keep up the hard work...cutting up can be a real pain the ASS!

Oh dt...No doubt I'll be careful with the bike, I already had a dirt bike accident that could have been alot worse if it wasn't for LUCK. I've been riding for awhile though, so I guess one accident isn't so bad (knock on wood), although I was getting a little "crazy." What happened in your accident? Mine was flipping over the handle bars but luckily landing on the side of the road in the grass...Thank God.

cdncrippler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Looks like a good idea.

Right now I'm 185lbs at 18% bodyfat. I've been doing the 40-40-20 for a few months now (I was about 230lbs before) so I think I can handle this type of diet.

I'll post some updates on my progress. Anyone care to make a prediction as to where I will be in 3 weeks?

Factor into your prediction that I do cardio 5-6x per week, 30-45 minutes at medium intensity and lift 4x per week.

Whit, that sux about workout parnters!!! I was crusing down the street at about 60 and a guy making a left pulled out right in front of me from a side street on my right, all i had time to do was jump and i barely cleared the door frame, my feet hit and sent me spinning like a pinball spinner at 60mph. Hit the street REALLY hard and crushed my right hip socket in 4 pc., right pelvis in 6 pc and my right pubic bone in like 3 pc. I was lying in a ditch and went to get up and nothing worked, i thought i broke my back but then i realized that i could move my toes so i reached down to take a feel and there was nothing on my right side. I started crying...i thought i ripped my leg off but it was all bunched up on the left side, ripped my jeans and tore tons of muscle, it was really freaky looking. One of the paramedics gagged, which didnt help, then they rolled me onto that side and i FREAKED and thought thank god, i will pass out soon....but i didnt....i cant describe the pain....all the muscles were spazin and pulling everything around. Makes me shudder to think about it. They were going to amputate my leg for some crazy reason but before they did the put out a bullitin on me to hospitals around the country and oddly enough the guy that worked on bo jackson said he would give it a shot....and he did a great job, althoug he said that i would be a GREAT candidate for a hip rep at about 45 if i didnt stay active. I have a huge plate with 7 3" or so screws holding me together and he fused my pubic bones too. I have a 32" scar from behind my right hip all the way to the left hip in a big smilly face where he made the incision which makes abb workouts HELL. I have already had to have surgery on the incision because i developed a hernia on the incision.

I have riden and LOVED to ride bikes my entire life from age 5 till 25, street, dirt, enduro you name it....and i will never get on one again. I mean there was NOTHING i could do and it scared me silly, you should have seen what happend to my goods!!! if you know what i mean, i asked them if they did surgery or just hung me up and took turns kickin me in the jewles.

CD, you need to make sure that you have one day a week where you get like 700-1000 more cals then normal. It keeps your body from freakin out and slowing your metab, WHICH SUX, i promise, it happened to me and it takes eating and gaining weight to get your metabo back up. How many cals are you eating a day now?

cdncrippler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started this diet yesterday and I'm doing 1650-1700 calories per day. Before that I wasn't really counting but I'd say about 1800 or so. I'll make sure to have the cheat day on Saturday and eat some pizza or something.

cd, i dont think that is enough cals, if your 185 lbs you should be getting at a minimum 1850 (10xbodyweight) cals not including your post workout shake. You run the risk of freakin out your metabo. just my opinion. but if your dedicated you can get lean quick and you will LOVE it!!

plornive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just read the original post so far. Very cool. I like it.

dt

Man, I don't even know what to say to that. Damn, I shouldn't have asked since I was THINKING about getting a crotch-rocket. Now I just don't know anymore. That story is actually very inspirational since you haven't let your misfortune stand in the way of your dedication. Damn man....Damn.

cd...forget the pizza on saturday, try and stay with a healthy cheat meal. Go out to a chinese buffet or something so you can pick out some healthy foods, but just eat alot to get those calories up. Eat a ton, but still stay healthy...your body and mind will thank you later in the long run.

plornive

Thanks man..it took me a tremendous amount of time to write...not to mention trial and error to perfect it.

MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

WhiteXboy

Are all days kept at 10xbodyweight for calories except the cheat day? Or is the cheat day also kept at the 10x mark?

Thanks whit, i had a KICK ASS brand new 1995 CBR F3, ive got some pics at home ill scan in. IT WAS A TERRIBLE experience, i wont lie, you wouldnt believe what i went thru for the first 3 months after surgery, thought about shooting myself MANY times cause of the pain and hoplessness of it. I saw light at about 4 months. I was in college full time, working full time before the accident too. I still feel every single weather change and can even predict how bad the weather might be. Oh, btw, a friend of mine was killed on his ZX6R 2 weeks before my accident and the guy that i bought my house from was killed on his harley.

MeatPlow, depends on how serious you are about getting lean. I would say your carb load should be SUPER clean 10xbodyweight, low gi carbs, sweet potatos, brown rice, rolled oats, whole grain wheat products.

MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Ok guys...

Here is what I am doing. I am interested in strength first and formost but before you turn the dial hear me out. I am 5'5 and at 195lbs exactly this morning. I am guessing I'm somewhere in the 12-15% bodyfat range. I have set some strength goals to acheive by the end of this year. I want to squat 350x20, deadlift 525x1 and military press(standing) 215 at a bodyweight of 175lbs. This will make my squat 2x bdyweight and the deadlift 3x. Pretty lofty goals. I am not moving at all on my fat loss at the time. I think I can lose 20lbs of fat and not lose alot of my strenght in the process. I am very strong right now and don't want to lose any of my strength. This diet just caught my eye, and got me thinking it could work for my situation. I don't use any supplements except for a multi-vit. My diet will consist totally of food. dtdionne you have a good build, I am looking for something similiar that will complement my strength goals. If you guys think you could help me on a more personal level PM me and I'll give you my e-mail addy. Thanks. Oh yeah my Inman mile post was B.S. if no-one caught it.

tulip35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whit - Just for the record - I am a girl. (You called me bro a few posts back). And next - I know cheese has a lot of fat so am I just suppost to stay away from it on my 40-40-20 days or even on my keto days as well? And are there any more specific reasons, besides the fat part, to stay away from cheese. Granted I don't usually knaw on a block of cheese daily, but I do enjoy cheese on vegetables and occasionally for a snack. Thanks a bunch.

The_sindbad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    WhitExBoY;

I just saw this thread now, I am a new member, First of all that looks so much effort put into getting this posting read. Thanks WhitExBoY

I am very much over weigh, and I am a begginer BBer, I exercise 4 time a week, keeping my diet about 1600 cal per day, 150-190 grams of protien, I have not been keeping track of my carbs yet, as I am staying complety away from bread, rice, pasta, fries, ...
    I only take my protien shake before workout.
    I am really intrested in trying out your 3 week program but I have a simple question , when you said, multiply the weight x10 , is that the current body weight ? I mean If I weigh my self today? or is it the lean body weight?
    So for someone like me (245 pounds, 5'10, about 70 pounds over wieght) should I be eating (245x10 or 170 x10) ???

Cheers

meatplow, im not sure that a keto diet is the best for you if strenght is your top priority. Let me rephrase that, I dont think the keto diet with 10xbodyweight is the best idea for you, i do however think that the keto ratio fat to carbs to protein is good but i think you need MUCH more cals to make strength gains...more like 20 or 22xbodyweight. I think that will allow you to build a lot of strength and stay somewhat lean. In my opinion, in a nutshell calories=strength. Plus there are some real big advantages of haveing a lot of high quality fat in your system, i think some new studies are showing that that really boosts test levels A LOT. Check out the new Mens Health book "The Testosterone Advantage Plan" im reading it now and it's really good and differnet. My goals are totally different then yours i have no desire to be any stronger then i need to be to look GREAT, which to me means super LEAN, im at about 7.5% now and want to be and stay between 5 and 6%. So my diet is pretty restrictive on cals, i only get about 2100 cals a day at most and i consume 80% of my cals before 4 pm. Now thats not to saw im not strong, on the contrary i think i am quite strong for my size, but thats not my goal.

tulip, thanks for saying that, i know i assume that everyone is a guy here....its really good to have a girl on the board. Girls have great opinions and different views on stuff which rules. I wish i would have had a sister.

sinbad, i think your total calorie for the day should be 10xbodywieght and you should figure your daily protein needs for the day with 1xlean muscle mass.
    So i think you should be eating 10x245 or 2450 cals a day and be getting 1x170 or 170 grams of protein which is 680 cals, then you should try to stay at 50 g's of carbs which is 200 cals a day and the rest should come from good clean fat...olive oil, walnuts, peanuts, almonds, flax oil, evening primrose oil, safflower oil, etc.
    You also get a 30/30 carbs/protein shake immediatly after your workout that does NOT count towards your diet.
    Whit, is that right? i dont know what your 3 week plan is, so i just posted the keto ratios

princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how is everyones results that are doin THE ULTIMATE COMBO CUTTING DIET

sounds good keeps variety in there and all i shall try it

Angry

dt, you're a life-saver man. I haven't been able to post as much as I'd like since I've been so busy lately. Thanks for helpin out, and obviously you know your nutrition, so keep helpin if I'm not available (I never seem to be lately).

tulip, sorry for the mistake...won't happen again. Apology accepted?

MeatPlow, since you're very focused on maintaining your strength, and even getting stronger, then try to stay somewhere around 15 X Bodyweight in calories. Don't worry too much about cycling your diet, just keep your ratio to 50-30-20. Make sure your carbs come from low GI carbs such as oatmeal (my favorite), apples, pasta, and grapefruit. Oh, milk isn't bad either...especially as a night time shake prior to bedtime. If you watch your diet closely by eating those types of carbs, and eating enough protein, then your fat will eventually come off, with your strength remaining the same or getting better. My diet technique in this entire post is mainly for people who want to lose their fat quickly, but are somewhat willing to sacrifice a little bit of strength in the process, because it's almost impossible to maintain strength at 10 or 12 X Bodyweight without the use of roids. 15 X Bodyweight is just enough to shed fat, as long as you keep adjusting your calories in proportion to your drop in weight (if any because you could gain muscle). Try 50-30-20, and see how it goes, but also supplement with glutamine to reduce your risk of muscle-loss. Also some HGH might help to keep those testosterone levels high. If you feel that you still want to shed more fat later on, and get as skinny as dt in the future (5%), lol, then drop the calories, and continue with the 40-40-20 diet and the Keto (AKA..Ultimate Combo Cutting Diet), just don't drop them more than around 100-200 at a time.

Sinbad..weigh yourself now, multiply times 10 at current bodyweight, and eat that amount in calories. After every week weigh yourself again, and adjust your calories accordingly..get it now? It's pretty easy after awhile. Just start with 245 X 10 now, and once you start losing weight, then adjust your calories with the new weight. You might actually want to start with 12 just to be safe, and make it easier on your MIND...it gets a little frustrating after awhile, just ask dt. 10 X Bodyweight would be 245g Protein 245g Carbs and 54g fat. dt's keto ratios are right, just eliminate your carbs except for post workout (shake which usually is about 30-45g protein and 30-40g carbs), and green veggies. Keep total calories the same, and up that fat intake!

Hope I answered all the questions! I've been "missing" for awhile, so there were alot of holes to fill. sorry!