Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1640
    cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Man up.
    He has to wear a skirt when lifting in the FG rack.
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cwcmac View Post
    My legs are just as tired after squatting in the FG, as they were squatting in the Pendlay

Which brings me to my next revelation. How much of the perceived 'quality' of your rack is actually the attachments you come into contact with every day? When I got the FG rack I thought it was 'Meh', the j-cups rattled and didn't provide the UHMW protection I wanted for my barbell. But after attaching Mech's mono's I'm very pleased with how it performs. Now I'm not thinking about keeping it and cancelling my Legend order, but it's been very eye opening for me. Still can't wait for the Legend to arrive, considering my attachment revelation I'm going to shop around for someone to punch some holes into the sides for my mono's.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    My legs are just as tired after squatting in the FG, as they were squatting in the Pendlay

Which brings me to my next revelation. How much of the perceived 'quality' of your rack is actually the attachments you come into contact with every day? When I got the FG rack I thought it was 'Meh', the j-cups rattled and didn't provide the UHMW protection I wanted for my barbell. But after attaching Mech's mono's I'm very pleased with how it performs. Now I'm not thinking about keeping it and cancelling my Legend order, but it's been very eye opening for me. Still can't wait for the Legend to arrive, considering my attachment revelation I'm going to shop around for someone to punch some holes into the sides for my mono's.
    After seeing the Ethos racks, I feel they're a decent rack at a reasonable price. And they would be fine for the weights 95% of us here lift. A local power lifter benches 400+ with a DSG bench and 1/2 rack. BUT, there's just something that draws us to the higher end racks and benches despite what numbers we put up. For example , I certainly don't need a 600lb commercial multi rack but I don't think I could ever sell it. It's nice to have high quality equipment.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I feel the same way every time I go lift in a Titan T3 at a buddy's house. Titan T3, but with Rogue monolift attachments and Rogue/Elitefts bars. The only thing he says he'd change on it is going to 30" or 36" depth instead of 24", since it's kind of a PITA to move monolifts or get specialty bars into the 24" depth rack. Always makes me want to get rid of my big rack and go with a simple setup like that. Since learning that I can move my Mech monolifts to basically can rack that feeling has grown. At the same time, like irongrandpa says, it's nice to own nice, well-built stuff, and DSG/Titan/etc isn't that.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    After seeing the Ethos racks, I feel they're a decent rack at a reasonable price. And they would be fine for the weights 95% of us here lift. A local power lifter benches 400+ with a DSG bench and 1/2 rack. BUT, there's just something that draws us to the higher end racks and benches despite what numbers we put up. For example , I certainly don't need a 600lb commercial multi rack but I don't think I could ever sell it. It's nice to have high quality equipment.
    The Ethos racks are the real deal, I'm still impressed with the quality and stability of the ones I saw at DSG for the money. It's also funny you mention the power lifter, I've seen similar things on Instagram with guys squatting 400-500lbs in the Fitness Reality 810XLT that sells for $249 on Amazon. But at the end of the day to get everything you want you might as well just buy the quality rack and be done with it, because that rack had crap attachments too. Even though I could probably lift in the FG rack and be fine, the Legend will give me that peace of mind that nothing will ever fail / degrade.

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    I've messed around with the Ethos line rack and was surprised at how much nicer they were than I expected. The FG line just feels like tinfoil, edges on holes seemed rough, shaky, etc. I'd be fine with an Ethos rack, not a Fitness Gear one
    {5'7" and under #1}

The Ethos racks are the real deal, I'm still impressed with the quality and stability of the ones I saw at DSG for the money. It's also funny you mention the power lifter, I've seen similar things on Instagram with guys squatting 400-500lbs in the Fitness Reality 810XLT that sells for $249 on Amazon. But at the end of the day to get everything you want you might as well just buy the quality rack and be done with it, because that rack had crap attachments too. Even though I could probably lift in the FG rack and be fine, the Legend will give me that peace of mind that nothing will ever fail / degrade.
    There are nuances that differentiate like you mentioned. For me, the draw for Legend was a pretty small footprint for a 6 post rack compared to Rogue while still having 35" of space in the rack.

I just don't understand the need to have a rack that is like 6-7' ft front to back. Can't see any benefit of it.
    {5'7" and under #1}

I just don't understand the need to have a rack that is like 6-7' ft front to back. Can't see any benefit of it.
    That was the only downside to the Magnum rack I owed, it was awesome but had an enormous footprint. Messaged my rep to see how much more it would be to toss a Legend 3103 bench on the pallet but he never responded back. Hoping that's not a sign that Legend is slowing down with the recent spike of COVID in many states, which was one of the reasons I went ahead and picked up the FG in the meantime.

Final billing notification today, hopefully shipping soon!

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In that case, wax up!
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Little annoyed with Legend's Rep (Christian), hasn't responded to two of my emails now about the rack. The first one I was considering adding a Legend 3103 bench and never got a quote back on how much. Had it been reasonable since I'm already paying shipping for the rack I'd have likely added one on so that my bench and rack would match. Then the second just trying to get an update on shipping since they have all my money now, and no response. Oh well, can't be much longer now since final billing was a week ago.

Edit: No luck on finding someone to drill holes for me. Anyone used Rogue Mono's on a Legend rack?

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Little annoyed with Legend's Rep (Christian), hasn't responded to two of my emails now about the rack. The first one I was considering adding a Legend 3103 bench and never got a quote back on how much. Had it been reasonable since I'm already paying shipping for the rack I'd have likely added one on so that my bench and rack would match. Then the second just trying to get an update on shipping since they have all my money now, and no response. Oh well, can't be much longer now since final billing was a week ago.

Edit: No luck on finding someone to drill holes for me. Anyone used Rogue Mono's on a Legend rack?
    Do the mech mod.
    Not sure if she still works there. Try sherry@legendfitness who does billing.
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

Originally Posted by EricAtl View Post
    Do the mech mod.
    Not sure if she still works there. Try sherry@legendfitness who does billing.
    Mech's mod still requires drilling into the rack, it was just to make adjusting them easier I believe.

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mech's mod still requires drilling into the rack, it was just to make adjusting them easier I believe.
    Make a jig, practice on the FG rack, then sacrifice it to the CL gods to grant you good fortune when you attempt on the Legend?

Originally Posted by murphyreedus View Post
    Make a jig, practice on the FG rack, then sacrifice it to the CL gods to grant you good fortune when you attempt on the Legend?
    Drilled into the FG rack with a press and mounted the mono's, it was a pain in the butt and something I'd rather avoid on the thicker steel of the Legend. Have some people interested in buying the FG with the custom mono's for close to what I paid, would fund the Rogue's or Edge Fitness mono's, just trying to decide on what to do.

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I wrote out a whole solution of how to use your monos on that style rack without drilling. I think you missed it. Should be back in the rep thread I think.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    I wrote out a whole solution of how to use your monos on that style rack without drilling. I think you missed it. Should be back in the rep thread I think.
    Brackets for the sides, roller in the rear, but how do I attach a pin when mine are on the sides? I'll dig it up, didn't see that part.

So you think a 1" hitch pin through just one side of the upright wouldn't do any damage to the rack?
    Last edited by urbanlifter; 08-06-2020 at 06:20 AM.

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Brackets for the sides, roller in the rear, but how do I attach a pin when mine are on the sides? I'll dig it up, didn't see that part.

So you think a 1" hitch pin through just one side of the upright wouldn't do any damage to the rack?
    Why one side? Hitch pin goes all the way through. Purpose is just to keep monolift from sliding down. Just make sure it clears the swinging hooks.

Why one side? Hitch pin goes all the way through. Purpose is just to keep monolift from sliding down. Just make sure it clears the swinging hooks.
    My mono's do not have holes in the front, so the hitch pin would go into the rear but not out the front.

My mono's do not have holes in the front, so the hitch pin would go into the rear but not out the front.

Pin goes UNDER.

Pin goes UNDER.
    Would look a little ghetto, but I guess it would work. Guess I could also bore out the bottom hole you already have centered to hold the inside UHMW and slide a pin through that as well. Hmmn.

Guess I could also bore out the bottom hole you already have centered to hold the inside UHMW and slide a pin through that as well. Hmmn.
    Hook would probably hit that pin.

Hook would probably hit that pin.
    Yeah, it would be super close after sizing it up. But I see what you are saying now, making the side brackets myself wouldn't be difficult and it would glide up and down the rack. I was surprised at how easy they adjusted on the FG, after I drilled the side holes. Stupid Legend, they should have just drilled a couple holes for me. With your design on this 2 holes gives 6 adjustment points which is awesome.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Christian seems like a good dude, but the same thing happened to me when he gave me a quote on a Legend 12" back pad and asked him twice on two way spaced out times if they accepted a check only, or if they do paypal as well (for the small purchase) and never got a response both times, I didn't care either way, but it was a simple question lol...anyways long story short, I just kept the 10 1/4" pad I like the variety since I have a wider back pad for my main rack setup with the Rogue Adjustable 2.0 and the Legend back pad works good for DB, leverage and cable work.

For sure, maybe he's just a little unorganized. But they lost out on potentially adding $500-$600 to my order, not a good way to do business. Probably best for my wallet though, just stick to being a single bench owner.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For sure, maybe he's just a little unorganized. But they lost out on potentially adding $500-$600 to my order, not a good way to do business. Probably best for my wallet though, just stick to being a single bench owner.
    Again - you gotta remember their business model is for large orders for facilities over the home gym owners orders so $500-600 is not an attention grabbing email.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    Again - you gotta remember their business model is for large orders for facilities over the home gym owners orders so $500-600 is not an attention grabbing email.
    That's a cop-out. Dynamic has a similar model and I've never had a problem getting a response from them, even when it's something dumb like a pair of j-hooks.

Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    It's just weird, they responded so quickly at first and were willing to custom cut the rack down to size and add uhmw. But can't drill two holes or respond to me wanting to spend more. I'm not angry with them over it, it's just not a good way to do business. What if I owned a facility and was testing their customer service?

Got my shipping notification, 3 business days until something Legendary arrives! Woohoo!

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Got my shipping notification, 3 business days until something Legendary arrives! Woohoo!
    Friday?
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623