Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Been wet shaving with a DE razor since I started shaving. I tried the multi-bladed disposable things when I was in my late 20's/early 30's, but they really don't shave any better than my DE, and cost a lot more.

My current setup is a Muhle R41 with a bulldog handle, Omega Ovangkol brush (boar, of course), Astra SP or Voskhod blade, and various Stirling soaps. I also have a handful of other brushes from Omega and Semogue, along with a vintage Gillette Super Speed and a blue Lady Gillette that works great for shaving the head.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For those of us who are heathens (I use a hydro 3) how does shaving with a DE differ? I want to see if this is my next "hobby". FWIW I shave in the shower using an olive oil based soap for lubrication.

FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    Honestly, I didn't understand any of this, lol.
    Sensor excel. And whatever cream/gel is on sale. For the last 25 years. Works fine. I don't get how this is so complicated for some.

Shaving is serious bidness.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Club #998 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ York Barbell Club #98 ▪█─────█▪

matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but www.badgerandblade.com is the go-to forum for shaving. Huge amount of info.

For good selection of mail order shaving supplies try

Lee's Safety Razor

http://www.leesrazors.com/categories...sort=pricedesc

Razor Emporium (great for vintage razors -- like old iron, often the best)

http://www.razoremporium.com

Shave Nation

http://shavenation.com

Don't forget to check YouTube for shaving videos -- both technique and reviews. There's lots of info out there and lots of ways to spend your dollars.

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by matchsprint View Post
    Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but www.badgerandblade.com is the go-to forum for shaving. Huge amount of info.

For good selection of mail order shaving supplies try

Lee's Safety Razor

http://www.leesrazors.com/categories...sort=pricedesc

Razor Emporium (great for vintage razors -- like old iron, often the best)

http://www.razoremporium.com

Shave Nation

http://shavenation.com

Don't forget to check YouTube for shaving videos -- both technique and reviews. There's lots of info out there and lots of ways to spend your dollars.
    This is a quality post. Repped.
    I will have to take a look here at some point. I'd like to upgrade my standard razor (the online linked in the post for $26 on the previous page).

Quick question for everyone here; has anyone actually learned how to use a straight razor?

I've been thinking about going truly old school, but the lack of safety & having to hone the razor seems like a lot of time invested.
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500) matchsprint is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Synthetickiller View Post
    Quick question for everyone here; has anyone actually learned how to use a straight razor?
    It's easy and while you may get an occasional nick, you don't end up in the emergency room every month and you do get a significantly better shave.

Honing a razor is very easy -- hone it periodically and then strop it every time and it's very easy to maintain. It's people who knock their straight-edges around or who ignore them until they are dull that have more problems with them. Don't get an antique razor -- some have very sharp steel but modern razors are better. Stainless sounds good but doesn't sharpen as well as carbon steel and doesn't hold the edge either, so avoid it.

To get the value out of a straightedge razor, you really want to have your strop hung from a wall where it's easy, you want the time to shave -- it takes a couple minutes longer -- and it really helps with a straightedge to do it in the shower or afterwards. If you are fighting kids in the bathroom or travel a lot or just don't have a few minutes of calm and some room each morning, stick with the double-edge.

If you do want to do it, there are dozens of YouTube videos that show it better than I could write here. You can also go to a barber who does shaves and get one or two that way just to see how it works and what you get. Your barber can likely find you someone to hone your razor when it needs it so you only have to strop it with each use. In that case, just be sure you get a decent strop. Then it's very easy.

FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FyrFytr998 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I see a lot of Barbers using straight razors with disposable blades. A new blade for each client. Seems like good hygiene to me.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Club #998 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ York Barbell Club #98 ▪█─────█▪

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dalylink View Post
    For those of us who are heathens (I use a hydro 3) how does shaving with a DE differ? I want to see if this is my next "hobby". FWIW I shave in the shower using an olive oil based soap for lubrication.
    I'll probably catch a lot of flak for this, but DE shaving was a total miss for me. It took significantly longer, cost more and caused significantly more irritation. Each time I'd cut myself, get irritated or even just take too long, I'd read up on what to do - beard mapping, with the grain, across the grain, then against the grain passes, getting different soaps, using a different brush, different brand blades, different temp soaps/lathers, working on my blade angle, etc.

If you stick with a single brand blade, buy in bulk...I can see it being cheaper...but for me, I spent a decent amount on a solution to a problem that didn't exist. For me, the Mach 3 or Gillette Fusion produces a better shave in less time with less irritation. I'm on slickdeals - got 40 Mach3 carts for $49 on my last order. The biggest factor was time though - if I'm shaving, it's because I need to for work...it's basically a chore. I want to get it done quickly and efficiently.
    Garage Gym Owner

Originally Posted by Bench905 View Post
    I'll probably catch a lot of flak for this, but DE shaving was a total miss for me. It took significantly longer, cost more and caused significantly more irritation. Each time I'd cut myself, get irritated or even just take too long, I'd read up on what to do - beard mapping, with the grain, across the grain, then against the grain passes, getting different soaps, using a different brush, different brand blades, different temp soaps/lathers, working on my blade angle, etc.

If you stick with a single brand blade, buy in bulk...I can see it being cheaper...but for me, I spent a decent amount on a solution to a problem that didn't exist. For me, the Mach 3 or Gillette Fusion produces a better shave in less time with less irritation. I'm on slickdeals - got 40 Mach3 carts for $49 on my last order. The biggest factor was time though - if I'm shaving, it's because I need to for work...it's basically a chore. I want to get it done quickly and efficiently.
    yeah, tie a couple hundred pound revolvers on this clown and throw him overboard.

Some people have beards like some people have hair -- cowlicks and swirling grain and very irregular growth, sometimes not even directly out from the skin. I have a couple little spots that never get shaved because they are like that. If you have a lot of that, you just do the best you can do. An electric razor may be your best friend.

If you can't get it with a DE, you probably can't do it any better with a multi-blade cartridge, except insofar as you can swipe the same skin many times with the cartridge and gradually chip away at it. With experience with the DE, you can basically do the same with it as well. Sometimes it's the angle you shave at, sometimes it's the angle at which you hold the razor to the skin. I'd suggest you keep at it. You have to learn your own face and if it's complicated it may take a good while to get it down properly.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Several years ago, we had a bunch of threads with codes to get free Gillette Fusion ProGlide razors.

I got a few of them and have never gone back. (one to the oldest daughter, one dropped and broke, still have the other)

The blades last literally months, especially if you use the arm hair reverse stropping method every week or so.
    The mild vibration eliminates the razor burn I used to get, combined with aloe shave cream.
    I buy a pack of blades about once per year. The single triple A battery last 6-8 months. I shave pretty much exclusively in the shower.
    I use a Hydra 5 on the road (free samples), but, for me, it is nowhere near as comfortable a shave as this one.

I still use the original one I started with.

lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have to admit that after several months of shaving with a Merkur Futur, I have never been happier.... well almost. I can easily shave my face and partial head with this single blade double edged razor.... but still have difficulties on certain spots on my head like corners and such. I try to use as few passes as possible for easier treatment on my skin (as opposed to a 5 blade gillette). The B&M shaving soap has grown on me, although I am up for trying out others down the road.

Unlike DeadwoodGregg.... outside of the small initial capital investment.... it has not impacted by equipment budget at all..... pretty sure I've got like 20 years supply of blades at this point too.

With the Gillette Fusion, I was basically getting 1 months shaves out of a blade. I think I'm getting a month or more out of the Merkur, at a much cheaper replacement blade cost.

And I really like the therapeutic impact of the brush on my bald head, it's like a mini scalp massage.

Disclaimer: I still use a Gillette Fusion Proglide like above to handle the difficult spots around my ears, corners and top of head. Also, the DE Merkur is sooooooo much easier to use on occasions when I get a little scruffier than normal.... so easy to clean out vs a 5 blade fusion (which is virtually impossible to make even one pass with heavy growth).
    Last edited by rpark; 05-18-2015 at 07:08 AM.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

inside the box thinker CliveWarren's Avatar
    CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Have any of you guys developed a way to shave your own back? Especially between the shoulder blades? I'm tired of wearing my sweater to the beach
    Clive, you're a good guy. - AttyGuy

()---() York Barbell Club #62 (DD) ()---()
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #67 ▪█─────█▪

Arex99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arex99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arex99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arex99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arex99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arex99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arex99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arex99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arex99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arex99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Arex99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CliveWarren View Post
    Have any of you guys developed a way to shave your own back? Especially between the shoulder blades? I'm tired of wearing my sweater to the beach
    The latest bodygroom I got came with an attachment that would make this quite a bit easier to accomplish.

ww.amazon.com/Philips-Norelco-BG2038-41-Bodygroom/dp/B007VB50LU

One of the photos provided shows it.

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ask your wife!
    If you don't have a wife, ask your g/f or get a g/f.

Option C, be the creepy guy in the gym "asking for a favor."
    You could make a youtube channel out of the responses alone, let me tell you.
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can't help with the back shaving, but Maggard Razor has some decent heads and handles for pretty cheap in their clearance section...

https://www.maggardrazors.com/produc...ory/clearance/

I built a nice backup/travel razor out of their "scratch & dent" heads and handles. It's no Muhle or Jagger, but well worth the price, and a good way to get into DE shaving on a tight budget.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just placed an order with Stirling ( https://www.stirlingsoap.com ) for some more shave soaps, and figured I'd bump this back up to the top...

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    Just placed an order with Stirling ( https://www.stirlingsoap.com ) for some more shave soaps, and figured I'd bump this back up to the top...
    I remember this thread. Learned a lot about wet shaving since beginning a couple of years back. Bought and sold a lot of gear. I finally settled into a routine with a "Mongoose" single edge razor. Soap preferences are mainly Barrister and Mann and Catie's Bubbles. Badger brushes are my weakness. I have restored/re-knotted several lately.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000) 70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000) 70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000) 70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000) 70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000) 70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000) 70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000) 70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000) 70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000) 70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000) 70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Been using a Jagger 89 for years now. Have 7 other vintage Gillettes. (Slims, Super Speeds, Lady Gillettes, etc) But the Jagger has been the best for me. To the point that I'm thinking of clearing out the vintage Gillettes. My brush is a simple (cheap) Tweezerman badger, I like Feather blades, but Astras work very well and are less than $10/100. My soap(s) of choice are Van der Hagen with Kiss My Face. I melt the VdH in the microwave on defrost and then add the KmF. For a quick work shave I go WTG only. If I need a good shave I'll do three passes, WTG, XTG, ATG. Shaving became enjoyable after I got away from multi blades and canned cream.

Last edited by 70chevellegsp; 03-16-2016 at 06:47 AM.

PriorMike is just really nice. (+1000) PriorMike is just really nice. (+1000) PriorMike is just really nice. (+1000) PriorMike is just really nice. (+1000) PriorMike is just really nice. (+1000) PriorMike is just really nice. (+1000) PriorMike is just really nice. (+1000) PriorMike is just really nice. (+1000) PriorMike is just really nice. (+1000) PriorMike is just really nice. (+1000) PriorMike is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a Merkur safety razor my Dad bought me just before I went overseas. I use it on weekends and before special occasions. The rest of the week I use disposable Gillette razors(boo, hiss).

My brush is an Omega and lately Nivea for the shave cream. I just finished a bowl of Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood shave soap.
    "When you press, you train with Kono, Alexeyev, Starr, Grimek and Cyr. When you press, you train
    much more than the shoulders and arms. You train the soul of the sport of barbell exercise." - Rip

BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Glad this thread was bumped as it gave me a chance to go back through it.

I hate shaving because I always break out. I shave at night before bed then hop in the shower to reduce irritation. I currently use Schick sensitive skin gel and a Schick hydro 5 razor.

Due to job requirements I have to stay clean shaven (so no more ginger beard for me.)

If anyone could recommend a decent starter brush, gel/foam, and razor that would fit my needs as well as a place to order from, I would appreciate it.

I feel like a shaving noob!!!

Thanks gents
    [II]---[II] Equipment Crew #49 [II]---[II]

[[[---]]] York Barbell Crew #35 [[[---]]] (DD, RH)

"The iron is with you for a while, and you will use it to get stronger, while preserving it and protecting it for the men and women who will come after you. You aren't a consumer. You're a brother of the iron. It's your duty. It's your calling." -AttyGuy

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BIgOrange865 View Post
    Glad this thread was bumped as it gave me a chance to go back through it.

If anyone could recommend a decent starter brush, gel/foam, and razor that would fit my needs as well as a place to order from, I would appreciate it.

I feel like a shaving noob!!!

Thanks gents
    http://www.maggardrazors.com/

http://www.italianbarber.com/

https://www.bullgooseshaving.com/

http://www.qedusa.com/index.php

http://phoenixartisanaccoutrements.com/

http://wetshavingproducts.com/

http://www.razorbladesandmore.com/

http://www.westcoastshaving.com/

http://www.straightrazordesigns.com/

http://www.smallflower.com/

http://www.royalshave.com/?gclid=CPO...FZE6gQoddXICCw

http://www.classicshaving.com/
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 03-16-2016 at 05:54 PM.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BIgOrange865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for the links Gregg. I have a lot of research to do. 👍
    [II]---[II] Equipment Crew #49 [II]---[II]

[[[---]]] York Barbell Crew #35 [[[---]]] (DD, RH)

"The iron is with you for a while, and you will use it to get stronger, while preserving it and protecting it for the men and women who will come after you. You aren't a consumer. You're a brother of the iron. It's your duty. It's your calling." -AttyGuy

Wax.

For those who haven't heard yet...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/bu...have-club.html

inside the box thinker CliveWarren's Avatar
    CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Does this mean I'll need to be a Brazilionaire to keep my landing strip groomed?
    Clive, you're a good guy. - AttyGuy

()---() York Barbell Club #62 (DD) ()---()
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #67 ▪█─────█▪

Does this mean I'll need to be a Brazilionaire to keep my landing strip groomed?

You know the rules around here. We need pics.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Arex99 View Post
    The latest bodygroom I got came with an attachment that would make this quite a bit easier to accomplish.

ww.amazon.com/Philips-Norelco-BG2038-41-Bodygroom/dp/B007VB50LU

One of the photos provided shows it.
    I have that one, works pretty good.

I have also been tempted to try this:
    https://www.amazon.com/baKblades-BIG.../dp/B00BPBLMCS
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

�You want science and studies? **** you. I�ve got scars and blood and vomit.�
    -Wendler

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My favorite line from that:
    "Dollar Shave Club expanded beyond razor blades, offering its own line of shaving cream and after-shave lotion, among other products."

so I guess they just decided to call butt wipes "other products."
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

�You want science and studies? **** you. I�ve got scars and blood and vomit.�
    -Wendler

CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBuilder2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have an Edwin Jagger, forgot what number. Proraso Soap, in the green bowl. Cheap plastic bowl that I scratched and burned at the bottom so it produces lather quicker. And a cheap badger hair brush.

Pic attached. Also a 100 pack of Derby blades.
    Attached Images

beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CanadaBuilder2 View Post
    I have an Edwin Jagger, forgot what number. Proraso Soap, in the green bowl. Cheap plastic bowl that I scratched and burned at the bottom so it produces lather quicker. And a cheap badger hair brush.

Pic attached. Also a 100 pack of Derby blades.
    I am a new convert to DE shaving. I use a Merkur long handled safety razor #180 and I have that same Escali brush (it works pretty good). I have gone back to using foam from some Col Conk shave soap as I was breaking out. Since that change, everything is going great - much closer shave with reduced irritation. I wish I would have switched decades ago. I am thinking about trying that Proraso Soap but I will probably wait until my foam runs out.

My experience with cartridge razors was that when brand new, they shaved way too close and irritated my skin. A couple of shaves in seemed to be the sweet spot, but then my face would get irritated as I was too lazy or cheap to change the cartridge. I have not experienced that with the DE razor.