Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Registered Ginger Muscle Mania Matt's Avatar
    Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Ultimate 30-Day Beginner's Guide to Fitness Q/A

The ON Ultimate 30-Day Beginner's Guide to Fitness is a one-month course designed to teach you the essentials of training, nutrition, and supplementation. It's for anyone who doesn't know where to start. It's for those who think fitness is complicated or intimidating. This is fitness made simple: one day at a time, one challenge at a time.

Q/A with the creators of our new trainer that will be launched today.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-...o-fitness.html
    Last edited by Muscle Mania Matt; 07-28-2014 at 12:12 PM.
    -[[[[------]]]]-

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    Traditional Wet Shave Crew

Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had lower abdominal surgery 5 weeks ago...Today is the first day this plan has exercises, but I'm leary of doing any of the exercises like the weighted ball scoop throw and hyperextensions....Are there exercises I can do to work muscles in this zone with out overextending like the throw and hyperextension? I don't want to risk opening my incision...

spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Question - went to my gym to do the day 2 workout and they don't have medicine balls. Wasn't sure what to substitute - how can you figure out what would be a good alternative if equipment isn't available (I ended up doing a cable chest press and a cable overhead press for the medicine ball exercises) Thanks!

NRalph1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NRalph1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NRalph1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NRalph1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NRalph1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NRalph1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NRalph1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NRalph1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NRalph1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NRalph1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) NRalph1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am super excited to start this today!!

Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Muscle Mania Matt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Chandabb View Post
    I had lower abdominal surgery 5 weeks ago...Today is the first day this plan has exercises, but I'm leary of doing any of the exercises like the weighted ball scoop throw and hyperextensions....Are there exercises I can do to work muscles in this zone with out overextending like the throw and hyperextension? I don't want to risk opening my incision...
    Truly, this question should be answered by a qualified physician or physical therapist, though I will attempt to help you as I can. The scoop throw uses triple extension (the jumping motion) with shoulder flexion to throw a ball overhead. I would probably regress your movements to something more simple as you recover. While it's not truly in the spirit of the explosive power generated with the throw, the DB scaption will train shoulder flexion with a similar position through the arm (http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...bbell-scaption). I would be wary of plyo training as you recover, as explosive movement could open your incision.

I wouldn't attempt a hyperextension while recovering, instead shifting the focus down for now into hip extension with movements such as the glute kickback (http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...glute-kickback). For now, train the muscles around your lumbar as stabilizers until you recover. If you are able and have access to one, a reverse hyper might be an alternative (http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...glute-kickback). That said, use your best judgment. If it hurts, don't do it. I would still recommend seeking a medical opinion.
    -[[[[------]]]]-

***Misc Cigar Crew***

Originally Posted by spatter1 View Post
    Question - went to my gym to do the day 2 workout and they don't have medicine balls. Wasn't sure what to substitute - how can you figure out what would be a good alternative if equipment isn't available (I ended up doing a cable chest press and a cable overhead press for the medicine ball exercises) Thanks!
    This is a great question. Medicine balls are useful because you don't have to decelerate the weight. In this case, I would substitute a dumbbell or kettlebell snatch for the scoop throw.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...tlebell-snatch

The model here could do it a little better, but it will work.
    -[[[[------]]]]-

***Misc Cigar Crew***

Thelastl33t is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thelastl33t is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thelastl33t is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thelastl33t is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thelastl33t is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thelastl33t is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thelastl33t is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thelastl33t is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thelastl33t is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thelastl33t is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thelastl33t is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi guys

Am starting day 2 tomorrow, do i do this in set or like circuit set like do i do the first exercise for 3 sets then jump to the second exercise for 3 sets or do i finish 1st set of everything first then go back to the first exercise and continue the 2nd sets of everything?

Originally Posted by Thelastl33t View Post
    Hi guys

Am starting day 2 tomorrow, do i do this in set or like circuit set like do i do the first exercise for 3 sets then jump to the second exercise for 3 sets or do i finish 1st set of everything first then go back to the first exercise and continue the 2nd sets of everything?
    Day 2 is designed with "straight" sets, meaning you complete all of the sets of a movement before going to the next exercise. There is nothing wrong with performing this in a circuit, however since for many it is their very first workout it is recommended to stick with straight sets.
    -[[[[------]]]]-

***Misc Cigar Crew***

Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chandabb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks Matt! I did the exercises in Day2 that I knew I could do and didn't do the hyperextensions, ball throw, or inverted row (didn't have equipment for the row)...My doctor has been vague (do what feels comfortable) which is why I'm looking for my own ways to substitute for things I don't think I'm ready for yet. Appreciate the response!

TheRockCityBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The Actual Working Out Part

When I actually start working out with the program, would Planet Fitness be a good enough to do these exercises or should I go to another one? I'm only 17 years so I kinda need to get an idea.

gajender9999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

uneven chest muscles

Hello
    i have got uneven chest muscles due to injury 1 year ago
    today i want to start fitness program
    so what should i have to do to balance my chest muscles

drenmartin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Day 2 Questions

Hello,

I will be doing Day 2 tomorrow. The gym I'm working out at is actually sort of small and I'm going there alone. The medicine ball chest pass is something I won't be able to do because I don't have a partner going with me. What is a modification I can do? Also, with the Medicine Ball Scoop Throw is something I won't be able to do because of the small space. What is a modification I can do for this one?

Thanks in advanced-- Hope I get a response before tomorrow morning lol

Originally Posted by TheRockCityBoy View Post
    When I actually start working out with the program, would Planet Fitness be a good enough to do these exercises or should I go to another one? I'm only 17 years so I kinda need to get an idea.
    All gyms should have basic equipment. Not all have things like say a kettle bell...Your best bet is to review all of the workout plans in advance to determine which equipment is needed. If your gym doesn't have the equipment necessary for a specific exercise, sub another one that works the same muscles targeted in the plan's guide.

dbowdler2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How can I load the beginner workout into my profile so I can find it again? It says you can do that, but it doesn't explain how.

sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dbowdler2 View Post
    How can I load the beginner workout into my profile so I can find it again? It says you can do that, but it doesn't explain how.
    I think that means to add the program in your bodyspace calendar. Then you can find it under your current program and body calendar.

sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10) sushilsingh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Alternative execercise to Medicine Ball Chest Press and Medicine Ball Scoop Throw ??

Originally Posted by drenmartin View Post
    Hello,

I will be doing Day 2 tomorrow. The gym I'm working out at is actually sort of small and I'm going there alone. The medicine ball chest pass is something I won't be able to do because I don't have a partner going with me. What is a modification I can do? Also, with the Medicine Ball Scoop Throw is something I won't be able to do because of the small space. What is a modification I can do for this one?

Thanks in advanced-- Hope I get a response before tomorrow morning lol
    Originally Posted by sushilsingh View Post
    Alternative execercise to Medicine Ball Chest Press and Medicine Ball Scoop Throw ??
    Good substitutions for the scoop throw would be swings or snatches done with a kettlebell (or dumbbell). The medicine ball chest pass could be replaced with a plyometric form of a push-up, performed from the knees if necessary.
    -[[[[------]]]]-

***Misc Cigar Crew***

lsuite is on a distinguished road. (+10) lsuite is on a distinguished road. (+10) lsuite is on a distinguished road. (+10) lsuite is on a distinguished road. (+10) lsuite is on a distinguished road. (+10) lsuite is on a distinguished road. (+10) lsuite is on a distinguished road. (+10) lsuite is on a distinguished road. (+10) lsuite is on a distinguished road. (+10) lsuite is on a distinguished road. (+10) lsuite is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Question about hitting macronutrient target of 40-40-20: I'm finding it challenging to hit these targets despite eating mostly vegetables, meat and fish; oats and quinoa are my only grains, and i eat those sparingly. Over the course of the first week i averaged percentages in the range of 20-40-40. I get enough protein for my build and my goals (120 - 180 grams a day). Suggestions?

dylangrey87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    looking forward to do the measurments today and starting with the workout tomorrow! so excited

Originally Posted by lsuite View Post
    Question about hitting macronutrient target of 40-40-20: I'm finding it challenging to hit these targets despite eating mostly vegetables, meat and fish; oats and quinoa are my only grains, and i eat those sparingly. Over the course of the first week i averaged percentages in the range of 20-40-40. I get enough protein for my build and my goals (120 - 180 grams a day). Suggestions?
    Your numbers will probably still work the way you use them, so long as you can fuel your activity. I would experiment adding a little bit of energy pre/post workout; that is the main area I am concerned about carbohydrate consumption, to fuel training. This could be adding something like fruit or Vitargo to shakes or manipulation of the meals in that area. Are you on a specific nutritional profile?
    -[[[[------]]]]-

***Misc Cigar Crew***

webpax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

First Day Motivation

Originally Posted by dylangrey87 View Post
    looking forward to do the measurements today and starting with the workout tomorrow! so excited
    Same here that is why I'm starting this work out. I just looked up tabata and am wondering how to incorporate that into my work out with weight training.

spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) spatter1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am on to day 20 and still pumped up about the program. Does anyone have an alternative to the battling ropes exercise? The exercise database doesn't list any alternatives and my gym doesn't have any ropes. Thanks!

Originally Posted by spatter1 View Post
    I am on to day 20 and still pumped up about the program. Does anyone have an alternative to the battling ropes exercise? The exercise database doesn't list any alternatives and my gym doesn't have any ropes. Thanks!
    If you can't do battle ropes, a weighted jump rope would be a good alternative.
    -[[[[------]]]]-

***Misc Cigar Crew***

Mousakhan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=Muscle Mania Matt;1273912151]The ON Ultimate 30-Day Beginner's Guide to Fitness is a one-month course designed to teach you the essentials of training, nutrition, and supplementation. It's for anyone who doesn't know where to start. It's for those who think fitness is complicated or intimidating. This is fitness made simple: one day at a time, one challenge at a time.

Q/A with the creators of our new trainer that will be launched today.

how to use the SAMPLE NUTRITION it is shown on ULTIMATE 30-DAY BEGINNER'S here is not say something about that how to eat five eggs raw or cook with oil . thanks
    Last edited by Mousakhan; 08-30-2014 at 04:33 AM.

jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have just started a fitness course and actually not happy with the results......... need help

TheArcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheArcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheArcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheArcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheArcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is there no way to get to the daily lessons from inside Bodyspace? I have added the program to my Bodyspace calendar but I only see links to the workouts there. Do I really have to search through the main site for the program every day?
    Last edited by TheArcher; 09-02-2014 at 10:04 AM.

rachitgarg942 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi i want to avoid muscle loss while cardio !...and want to increase stamina !..and loose fat !....someone recommended me to take 5 grams of glutamine along with protien shake before cardio !...is that okay ?..becoz i think taking bcaa is okay and after that a protien blend shake ..cn you help me with this confusion??

Fitsash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Are we supposed to eat or drink anything before a workout? If yes, what? And how long before?

Originally Posted by TheArcher View Post
    Is there no way to get to the daily lessons from inside Bodyspace? I have added the program to my Bodyspace calendar but I only see links to the workouts there. Do I really have to search through the main site for the program every day?
    I haven't found a way to get programs in our dashboard. I did this and am now doing the rewired program and you essentially have to navigate to the plan before you can go to the specific day. The easiest way may be to keep the weekly email that comes out because it links to all seven days for that week. In other words, you can just refer to that email when you want to go to a certain day directly. The program is also listed on the left hand side of the plans page so you don't have to go through all the steps to "find a plan", you can just click on the link on the left nav bar, the select the day you want from the drop down...

Hope this helps.

bordingrl19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question should all of these workouts be straight sets?

Originally Posted by Muscle Mania Matt View Post
    Day 2 is designed with "straight" sets, meaning you complete all of the sets of a movement before going to the next exercise. There is nothing wrong with performing this in a circuit, however since for many it is their very first workout it is recommended to stick with straight sets.
    Thanks for explaining that, should they all be straight sets? Or does it specify between the different workouts?