Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is it worth getting MCT Oil

I have coconut oil and add it to my coffee with butter, but to be honest I dont like the tasts so neck the oil as is. This gives me a great energy boost top get through my cardio. I have been reading about MCT oil and this is supposed to get into your system faster but is it really worth the £26 per litre compared to £5 ltr for my coconut oil.

I could just try it but really, do you guys tink it makes such a difference or is it just a bit of hype?

Thanks

JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Personally I use HWC. Works well for me, costs buttons, and is from a good animal source.
    Things that are free have no value!

DL 150kg
    Squat 130kg
    BP 100kg
    Press (shamefully) 45kg

Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scouse_Jules has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jwoodcf10 View Post
    personally i use hwc. Works well for me, costs buttons, and is from a good animal source.
    hwc ?

JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sorry did see you are also from the UK. I've been on american forums to much.

HWC = heavy weight cream = Double cream to you and me.

Makes coffee taste fantastic :-)

DL 150kg
    Squat 130kg
    BP 100kg
    Press (shamefully) 45kg

Ah I see. I do use double cream but it doesnt give me the energy surge I get from coconut oil. I think Ill try a bottle to see what happens

Thanks

Bassed on your reply I might try your method.

My coffee and 100 mL's cream is my standard pre-workout energy boost.

DL 150kg
    Squat 130kg
    BP 100kg
    Press (shamefully) 45kg

I dont buy the expensive virgin oil either. In Tesco now and other places (Tesco is just as cheap though) you get a brand called KTC coconut oil. Its made in Liverpool and although processed it has the good stuff left in it. Its around £2.50 per 500ml and does me a week easy. I was making coffee with it but didnt really like the taste but I have found (and its confirmed by others) that the effects take say 30 mins to hit you. I neck 25 gms of coco oil along with a black coffee, go to the gym and I have a sustained energy level. Its not buzzy its just a sense of 'this is easier than ever, great energy levels and enough topush yourself harder) I come out of the gym after an hour cardio still with high energy levels... I could go back in and do it again.

The MCT acts faster (right away) because it is completely medium chain fats which get used right away without the need to digest (cocount oil is medium with some long chain fats and so needs digeting) Im going to try MCT both before and a small shot during my work out to self experiment but some people report that is gives them a nervous energy, a bit like too much coffee which they dont like. As with anything that will depend on the dose and your sesitivity.

Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shenpen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Scouse_Jules View Post
    ...The MCT acts faster (right away) because it is completely medium chain fats which get used right away without the need to digest (cocount oil is medium with some long chain fats and so needs digeting) Im going to try MCT both before and a small shot during my work out to self experiment but some people report that is gives them a nervous energy, a bit like too much coffee which they dont like. As with anything that will depend on the dose and your sesitivity.
    This might be because MCT is caried from intestines to your liver by portal vein system: Instead of being released into lymph a part of the MCT will get carried from intestines to the liver by the portal vein system. This is a "short cut" for certain nutrients: Instead of being circulated in general bloodsupply there is a double capilary system so that nutrients can enter bloodstream in the first capilary system arround the intestines and exit into the liver from the next capilary system in the liver, without having gone through the heart.

Most dietary fat will just enter lymph and be absorbed from there, but MCT will to a degree transit via the portal vein system.

Not all MCT is created equal though: Postprandial testing has shown that between 60 and 80 % of Myristic (C14) fat ends up in lymp, 15 - 55 % of lauric (C10) while only max. 20 % of capric (C8) is found in lymph.

That makes MCT very different from general coconut oil as coconut oil is mainly lauric acid and only about 7 % capric acid.
    Eddie Izzard for Mayor!!!!

RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000) RedeemerZG is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I think it is worth it - just to satisfy your curiosity.

you can't feel something if you haven't tried it.
    ...leave the theory aside. Try MCT and then make conclusion - is it really that better than EVCO

TBH, if it doesn't act like expected - doesn't give you that extra immediate energy boost... - ask yourself - is it worth it?
    everything is fine when you get up by nine
    -----------------------------------------
    today is Tuesday July 1st 2014.
    The weather forecast for Zagreb on Wednesday is sunny 80 degrees with a 100% chance of rock n rolling all night long.