caesarstud84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is there such a thing as an Apprenticeship for a CPT?

I just got my CPT from NCSF a week ago, but obviously don't know the first thing about the "business" itself. I've been around lifting and gyms for a few years and have a fair knowledge about it, but I'd love to have someone who has the ACTUAL experience and understanding of how it all works teach me. Has anyone ever heard of an apprentice program or anything similar? I'm moving to Austin TX in a couple of months and would love to get involved with some people around there that are willing to spread the trade knowledge. Any ideas?

Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by caesarstud84 View Post
    I just got my CPT from NCSF a week ago, but obviously don't know the first thing about the "business" itself. I've been around lifting and gyms for a few years and have a fair knowledge about it, but I'd love to have someone who has the ACTUAL experience and understanding of how it all works teach me. Has anyone ever heard of an apprentice program or anything similar? I'm moving to Austin TX in a couple of months and would love to get involved with some people around there that are willing to spread the trade knowledge. Any ideas?
    Before my first PT job, I went to local gyms requesting I shadow some of their trainers for a few hours a week to sorta drink in different perspectives and fitness ideologies. Everyone is a bit different so why not learn from them. NASM also has a CPT program where you can study in an actual gym and get hands on experience.
    If you think to much about tomorrow, today is going to suck... - James Griffin

NASM-CPT (June 2013)
    NASM-CES (October 2014)