gracjan88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Putting together a 1600 cal 180 grams of protein meal plan.Help !

Hi !
    I am new to this forum.
    Me myself never really had to worry about dieting because I simply have good genes.
    But I am trying to help my wife loose fat she is 180lbs and 5'2 I don'tyybo have a lot of knowledge when it comes to putting together a diet plan.
    According to a calculator I used it says that in order for her to loose 1 lb a week she will have to consume 1600 cal a day and 180 grams of protein.
    Anybody willing to help me with putting together a meal plan for her?
    I would really appreciate any help !
    Gracjan.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight is generally for people who are closer to ideal bodyweight. She should be fine at around 120-130g protein, 50-60g fat, and the rest of the calories from carbs.

Do you really need a 'meal plan'? Just have her eat what she likes, but hit her target calories and protein.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Oregonchick76 is right. 120-130 for protein will be plenty on such a low amount of calories (she needs to eat other things too!) I am vegetarian and allergic to soy and manage to get enough protein, so most likely, your wife will meet her protein needs fairly easily. There are lots of diets on this site in the female transformation section (bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=FemaleTransformation). None of them work for a vegetarian (or someone who enjoys variety), but they may be good to help get you started.

Thank you for all the answers!

@Chicky74 may I ask you what do you eat to get so much protein? I'm simply asking because I am a vegetarian also do you eat a lot of beans and just supplement your diet with protein shakes?

chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chicky74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by gracjan88 View Post
    Thank you for all the answers!

@Chicky74 may I ask you what do you eat to get so much protein? I'm simply asking because I am a vegetarian also do you eat a lot of beans and just supplement your diet with protein shakes?
    I have kind of an odd situation with the soy allergy (and mild whey allergy). But I also tend to feel that using lots of processed protein powders is inconsistent with my beliefs about health, so I do my best to avoid them. Rather, I try to eat a different source of protein at every meal, and get extra benefits from including variety.

So here is an example of what I eat:

breakfast: 3 egg white omelet (10g), veggies
    snack: 1/4c popcorn with 1/4c nutritional yeast (20g)
    lunch: cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread with veggies (cheese=8g; wheat bread=5g)
    snack: Seitan "Wings"-1 serving sauteed seitan and green beans with buffalo sauce (23g)
    dinner: Homemade Chipotle bowl- 1/4c beans, 1/4c brown rice, grilled peppers and onions, cottage cheese (beans=10g; rice=5g; cottage cheese=13g)
    dessert: Hemp protein pancake with greek yogurt and fruit (yogurt=14g; hemp pancake=7g)
    = 1600 calories and 115g protein

Hope this helps! Just curious, what do you eat? I don't know any other vegetarians who lift.

Originally Posted by chicky74 View Post
    I have kind of an odd situation with the soy allergy (and mild whey allergy). But I also tend to feel that using lots of processed protein powders is inconsistent with my beliefs about health, so I do my best to avoid them. Rather, I try to eat a different source of protein at every meal, and get extra benefits from including variety.

So here is an example of what I eat:

breakfast: 3 egg white omelet (10g), veggies
    snack: 1/4c popcorn with 1/4c nutritional yeast (20g)
    lunch: cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread with veggies (cheese=8g; wheat bread=5g)
    snack: Seitan "Wings"-1 serving sauteed seitan and green beans with buffalo sauce (23g)
    dinner: Homemade Chipotle bowl- 1/4c beans, 1/4c brown rice, grilled peppers and onions, cottage cheese (beans=10g; rice=5g; cottage cheese=13g)
    dessert: Hemp protein pancake with greek yogurt and fruit (yogurt=14g; hemp pancake=7g)
    = 1600 calories and 115g protein

Hope this helps! Just curious, what do you eat? I don't know any other vegetarians who lift.
    For example

2 greek yogurts in the morning
    protein bar as a snack
    salad with a whole can of black or red beans for lunch
    sometimes subs with oganic veggie patties ,veggies ad cheese
    I dink protein shakes to.
    I also don't know may vegetaians who lift lol
    I try to stay away from soy because most of it is GM soy plus males should not consume big amounts of soy

Originally Posted by gracjan88 View Post
    For example

2 greek yogurts in the morning
    protein bar as a snack
    salad with a whole can of black or red beans for lunch
    sometimes subs with oganic veggie patties ,veggies ad cheese
    I dink protein shakes to.
    I also don't know may vegetaians who lift lol
    I try to stay away from soy because most of it is GM soy plus males should not consume big amounts of soy
    Looks good to me!