Registered User silverlightning's Avatar
    silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Squat and Dead lift Video

this is my last working set of dead lifts and squat. before squats and dead I did 4 working sets of leg press. i wasn't able to video that today. I tried to video squats with 315 but couldn't find anyone free. I know i'm not ATG or even parallel, but it felt lower than i went for some reason. Maybe fatigue set in. I'll try and video with a lower weight with more reps my next squat day. so today's lower body training went like this:

Leg Press: 4x780x12
    Squats: 1x315x6, 1x325x3, 1x330x3
    Dead lifts: 3x330x8

I do leg press first due to flexibility and mobility issues with hip flexor. it's getting better as i've added some exercises for the glutes, lower back, hamstrings.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh-0f2y3q3I

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1HQwEjplAw
    The Ageless Wonder Crew: Client, Player, President.

GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Squats ALWAYS feel lower than they are. I've had the same problem thought I was going down, did a video and realized....nope. Advice is to drop the weight a bit and really focus on the depth.
    Gnomefit...ain't for everybody, only the sexy people.

silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by GnomusMaximus View Post
    Squats ALWAYS feel lower than they are. I've had the same problem thought I was going down, did a video and realized....nope. Advice is to drop the weight a bit and really focus on the depth.
    that's exactly what i'm going to do G on my next squat day. take another video with lower weight and higher reps. considering my injuries i've had, it's good to not use wraps or a belt.

Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by silverlightning View Post
    that's exactly what i'm going to do G on my next squat day. take another video with lower weight and higher reps. considering my injuries i've had, it's good to not use wraps or a belt.
    Meh belts are good to activate that core. I'd still use one ymmv.

The mirror can mess you up for sure. Wasn't "terrible" but high like you pointed out. Good on you for getting back under the bar after injury.
    ☻/
    /▌ Dm2dm crew (---Deadlift Moar to Deadlift Moar---)
    / \ 

"Squat and pull and quit listening to the static." Jim Wendler
    Natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from. ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Meh belts are good to activate that core. I'd still use one ymmv.

The mirror can mess you up for sure. Wasn't "terrible" but high like you pointed out. Good on you for getting back under the bar after injury.
    thanks man. I don't want to use a belt though unless I go for a 1RM at some point, but I'm not training to not use one. that's the the problem with commercial gyms, to many mirrors. my left hip flexor felt a bit tight in one spot, but no really no pain.

hopefully one day when i set up a cage at home I'll squat with no mirror. i'm ugly anyways.

GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You might want to try some of the TK (Kono), or Rehband products. Basically neoprene stuff for your back and knees. They offer warmth and some minor support but with out the rebound or tightness of a regular belt and knee wraps. I luvs my TK knee bands. They are about 100x's better than the department store versions.

http://www.jackalsgym.com/store.aspx?cat_id=TK
    Gnomefit...ain't for everybody, only the sexy people.

You might want to try some of the TK (Kono), or Rehband products. Basically neoprene stuff for your back and knees. They offer warmth and some minor support but with out the rebound or tightness of a regular belt and knee wraps. I luvs my TK knee bands. They are about 100x's better than the department store versions.

back is fine now as long as I execute dead lifts and squats properly. I'm using an ACE sleeve on knees which give me enough warmth, i don't like neoprene, makes me sweat to much.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    here you go

On the list for Bannukah

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I agree with the TKs. I also apply a little generic Icy Hot before putting the TKs on.

back is fine now as long as I execute dead lifts and squats properly. I'm using an ACE sleeve on knees which give me enough warmth, i don't like neoprene, makes me sweat to much.
    I duuno man, walking around the gym with sweat running into your shoes is pretty badass.
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    this is my last working set of dead lifts and squat. before squats and dead I did 4 working sets of leg press. i wasn't able to video that today. I tried to video squats with 315 but couldn't find anyone free. I know i'm not ATG or even parallel, but it felt lower than i went for some reason. Maybe fatigue set in. I'll try and video with a lower weight with more reps my next squat day. so today's lower body training went like this:

Leg Press: 4x780x12
    Squats: 1x315x6, 1x325x3, 1x330x3
    Dead lifts: 3x330x8

I do leg press first due to flexibility and mobility issues with hip flexor. it's getting better as i've added some exercises for the glutes, lower back, hamstrings.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh-0f2y3q3I

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1HQwEjplAw
    I have the same problem with not quite hitting depth on squats, which is why I don't post the videos of it.

A couple of points - one kudos for doing them and posting it - and two work on it and it gets better - I went from a whole bunch above parallel in September to an inch or two now, by focusing on it - I think I'll get there.

Unless you are competing in powerlifting and the form is decent just work at hitting depth and get better.

Most of the people at my gym half squat - if they squat. I've even been complimented on depth...

If I can do it - you will do it.
    Its not enough!

Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    One thing to do to train your body to get to depth is to box squat. Your a$$ either hits it or it doesn't.
    Instagram @captloufitness

Get comfortable being uncomfortable

USMC 89-97

Originally Posted by Capt_Lou View Post
    One thing to do to train your body to get to depth is to box squat. Your a$$ either hits it or it doesn't.
    Yup But We Don't Have A Box. Bench Or Steps. I MaY Just Go Back To Them On A Bench As It's Just Below Parrellel.

Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    here you go

Thanks John.

Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    here you go

Thanks John.

BigBassBrent is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBassBrent is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBassBrent is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBassBrent is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBassBrent is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBassBrent is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBassBrent is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBassBrent is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBassBrent is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBassBrent is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigBassBrent is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yup But We Don't Have A Box. Bench Or Steps. I MaY Just Go Back To Them On A Bench As It's Just Below Parrellel.
    You do not have to use something structural to box squat on. If you are just trying to ensure a certain depth you can place almost anything under/behind you as long as it will not injure you if you happen fall on it. I have used a cardboard box before. Just go down until you feel it touch your butt then go back up. It's not a true box squat but it does the job of cueing you in that you have reached the proper depth.
    -I don't diet. I eat to achieve my goals.

Originally Posted by BigBassBrent View Post
    You do not have to use something structural to box squat on. If you are just trying to ensure a certain depth you can place almost anything under/behind you as long as it will not injure you if you happen fall on it. I have used a cardboard box before. Just go down until you feel it touch your butt then go back up. It's not a true box squat but it does the job of cueing you in that you have reached the proper depth.
    Nah I Don't Like Squatting That Way.

Originally Posted by Nikonguy View Post
    I agree with the TKs. I also apply a little generic Icy Hot before putting the TKs on.

I duuno man, walking around the gym with sweat running into your shoes is pretty badass.
    i'm trying to sweat less these days.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    When you re take your videos for form check, video take your

135 lb warm up
    225 lb warm up

If you have depth or form issues at those weights, you may want to consider completely deconstructing your squat.

Deads looked good, try to get a better angle next time (from the side).

Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    When you re take your videos for form check, video take your

135 lb warm up
    225 lb warm up

If you have depth or form issues at those weights, you may want to consider completely deconstructing your squat.

Deads looked good, try to get a better angle next time (from the side).
    i agree what you say about getting different angles, but it's hard to get someone to video you. its awkward and sort of weird to ask. also hard to set up phone. i will do my best though.