Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by potatosoup View Post
    I used the smith bar to hold my legs down, and it worked beautifully.

There’s an attachment that you can get that connects to the “bench hold” at the bottom of the FT that serves as a foot rest for low rows. Im not sure if it comes with the unit. It’s a must.
    Show a pic of what you mean? Not sure I quite get it…
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113

potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Corbets View Post
    Show a pic of what you mean? Not sure I quite get it…
    I don’t have the FT2 anymore, but what you do is bring the smith bar down and “rack it” to hold your leg down.

Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don’t have the FT2 anymore, but what you do is bring the smith bar down and “rack it” to hold your leg down.
    I have the FT2 and that’s what I do . I put a bar pad around the bar and it works great. I turn the bench around in -10 decline . It really does work well

Attached Images

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Oh, that part I got. It was the reference to the foot rest attachment for low rows that I didn’t understand, as I’d like to have something like that but haven’t been able to find anything online.
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113

mrpmgym is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So , In summary while reading above posts, ft2 is good for lat pulldowns as well

Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Corbets View Post
    Oh, that part I got. It was the reference to the foot rest attachment for low rows that I didn’t understand, as I’d like to have something like that but haven’t been able to find anything online.

In front of my bench footplates, you can see it stored vertically on the center posts in a square tube. Lift it off and it slides in another horizontal square tube with pop pin. The foot plate has multiple holes to adjust it in an out. I use it a lot.

potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) potatosoup will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Asjogren View Post
    In front of my bench footplates, you can see it stored vertically on the center posts in a square tube. Lift it off and it slides in another horizontal square tube with pop pin. The foot plate has multiple holes to adjust it in an out. I use it a lot.
    This! That’s the leg “plate” for low rows. It goes in place of the bench centering attachment. Goes on the bottom between the low pulleys.

In summary, if you’re in a tight space (like an apartment) - the FT2 with leg attachment and bench is all you need, IMHO. Yes, a rack would be ideal, and so would a dedicated lat pulldown with low row, and leg extension and leg curl with weight stack. The FT2 really can do it all.

This! That’s the leg “plate” for low rows. It goes in place of the bench centering attachment. Goes on the bottom between the low pulleys.

In summary, if you’re in a tight space (like an apartment) - the FT2 with leg attachment and bench is all you need, IMHO. Yes, a rack would be ideal, and so would a dedicated lat pulldown with low row, and leg extension and leg curl with weight stack. The FT2 really can do it all.
    Totally agree. I bought it as an accessory piece but if I could only keep one thing, it would be a tough choice between my Hammer Strength half rack and the FT2. It’s just so damn versatile.

Originally Posted by deljaso View Post
    Is there any other functional trainer out there that has a leg curl/extension attachment?
    Looking for something that does lat/low rows and this thing might be the ticket, the built in smith machine might be good for my 13 year old to press/squat with since he has a hard time with my power rack.
    To my knowledge, no.

Does anyone know if the top two narrow pulley ratio is 1:1 or 2:1?
    Last edited by potatosoup; 05-31-2021 at 12:51 AM.

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    To my knowledge, no.

Does anyone know if the top two narrow pulley ratio is 1:1 or 2:1?
    It's 2:1 throughout