Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Fruit All Day, Feast at Night

I started this 4 days ago after much research and found so much misinformation, it was mind boggling.

The diet is called the Warrior Diet and there are even threads on here (BB.com) that are just plain wrong.

The idea, simply put, is to eat fruit/vegetables during the day, in raw or juiced state, along with coffee or ginseng. Workout at 5 or 6 pm, then have a huge banquet. Its not a starvation diet or a deprivation diet but is (allegedly) patterned after how Greek and Roman soldiers ate. During the day, you eat blueberries, apples, avocadoes, just about any lower glycemic fruit or vegetables (raw). At night, you feast.

I can't post it here but a Google search will go to a free PDF of the diet.

Today, I started feeling fabulous from this diet.

If anyone has actually tried the diet as Ori describes it (which is how I outlined it above), would like to hear experiences.
    “From this day to the ending of the world,
    But we in it shall be rememberèd—
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother...”

Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500)
    dont like the idea of fruit during the day; fruit can't really be low GI.. it's all sugar. avocado I wouldn't classify as a fruit because its mostly fat
    but food at night is certainly good

http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2011...-make-you.html
    Egg foo young, En lo mein, so come on baby and have it just the same woooooynga

Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500)
    You're better off posting in Misc btw, the subs are pretty dead
    Egg foo young, En lo mein, so come on baby and have it just the same woooooynga

All about some GAINZ! IIISpartacusIII's Avatar
    IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Streetbull View Post
    I started this 4 days ago after much research and found so much misinformation, it was mind boggling.

The diet is called the Warrior Diet and there are even threads on here (BB.com) that are just plain wrong.

The idea, simply put, is to eat fruit/vegetables during the day, in raw or juiced state, along with coffee or ginseng. Workout at 5 or 6 pm, then have a huge banquet. Its not a starvation diet or a deprivation diet but is (allegedly) patterned after how Greek and Roman soldiers ate. During the day, you eat blueberries, apples, avocadoes, just about any lower glycemic fruit or vegetables (raw). At night, you feast.

I can't post it here but a Google search will go to a free PDF of the diet.

Today, I started feeling fabulous from this diet.

If anyone has actually tried the diet as Ori describes it (which is how I outlined it above), would like to hear experiences.
    Sooooo where are you getting all the essential aminos and essential fats from? I also don't see the point in all that fruit sugar (fructose). A little is fine but not to the exclusion of everything else. Doesn't seem balanced and does seem gimmicky. Why not just eat a variety of food and maintain a caloric deficit if you want to lose fat or a surplus if you want to gain some muscle? Is there a point in trying to reinvent a wheel so that it doesn't even roll anymore?
    "I was laying in bed one night and I thought Ill just quit to hell with it. And another little voice inside me said Dont quit save that tiny little ember of spark. And never give them that spark because as long as you have that spark, you can start the greatest fire again.

- Charles Bukowski (1920-1994)

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Talks about misinformation, proceeds to espouse bullsh*t.

Scientific information doesn't need to be "pimped". Please go.

Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Streetbull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IIISpartacusIII View Post
    Sooooo where are you getting all the essential aminos and essential fats from? I also don't see the point in all that fruit sugar (fructose). A little is fine but not to the exclusion of everything else. Doesn't seem balanced and does seem gimmicky. Why not just eat a variety of food and maintain a caloric deficit if you want to lose fat or a surplus if you want to gain some muscle? Is there a point in trying to reinvent a wheel so that it doesn't even roll anymore?
    Ever seen a lion in a cage, one that's been fed regularly? It loses all of its instincts and just gets fat and lazy. That's sounds like a lot of people, doesn't it? Hunger is a driving force. With no motivation we all get fat and sloppy.

That's the idea here -- eat just enough of very simple easily digested food during the day to stay hungry. When we do eat at the evening meal, our bodies are primed and ready for nutrients. We'll make use of all the healthy nutrients (its how we evolved).

Ever eat during the day and get sleepy? The reason is that your parasympathetic nervous system gets engaged by eating, telling you to slow down, digest food, and fall asleep. That's how we're built. Nature doesn't want us to eat a big meal and then go hunting; doing so reduces our alertness (our sympathetic system).

Anyway, I'm not pimping anything as you gets can read the pdf for yourselves.
    Last edited by Streetbull; 07-12-2014 at 01:50 PM.
    Shall be my brother...”

Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Talks about misinformation, proceeds to espouse bullsh*t.

Scientific information doesn't need to be "pimped". Please go.
    Actually, I requested input from people who have tried the diet as Ori described. Have you done that?
    Shall be my brother...”

All about some GAINZ! IIISpartacusIII's Avatar
    IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Actually, I requested input from people who have tried the diet as Ori described. Have you done that?
    I think that everyone's point was; it's not worth trying. If I offered up a diet based on rat poison, should I then proceed to say "don't knock it till ya try it" if you won't give it a chance is that you just being negative? Clearly, you'll lose weight on that diet but is it good for you? Are there better alternatives? Is that diet sustainable? These are reasonable questions most people will ask.
    "I was laying in bed one night and I thought Ill just quit to hell with it. And another little voice inside me said Dont quit save that tiny little ember of spark. And never give them that spark because as long as you have that spark, you can start the greatest fire again.

- Charles Bukowski (1920-1994)

Originally Posted by IIISpartacusIII View Post
    I think that everyone's point was; it's not worth trying. If I offered up a diet based on rat poison, should I then proceed to say "don't knock it till ya try it" if you won't give it a chance is that you just being negative? Clearly, you'll lose weight on that diet but is it good for you? Are there better alternatives? Is that diet sustainable? These are reasonable questions most people will ask.
    People ate like that for thousands of years -- hunt all day then eat after the hunt.

I suppose grazing all day (6 meals per day) like cattle might be better for putting on a lot of weight. Based on all the fat people with diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, and all the assorted ailments, I'd wager not.

Anyway, I didn't start this thread to argue with anyone. I was looking for feedback from anyone who had actually tried the diet as Ori prescribed.

All the best of luck and good health to all!
    Shall be my brother...”

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    People ate like that for thousands of years -- hunt all day then eat after the hunt.
    And they were all a foot shorter and died before the age of 40, what exactly is your point?
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    TBH. But not actually speaking for ACC here BTW. But I doubt he has tried it. Why? Because he actually has a decent head on his shoulders.

Then they done what? Went squatting? Nope. Did they choose to do this? Nope.

I suppose grazing all day (6 meals per day) like cattle might be better for putting on a lot of weight. Based on all the fat people with diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, and all the assorted ailments, I'd wager not.
    Diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, etc, etc. This is all common of the lazy society in which we live. Nothing more. Cheap, convenient living.

Anyway, I didn't start this thread to argue with anyone. I was looking for feedback from anyone who had actually tried the diet as Ori prescribed.

All the best of luck and good health to all!
    I don't think anyone that is really aiming to push through plateaus in their training or looking for a stronger/leaner physique is going to just go ahead and eat fruit all day like a chump. Then proceed to just throw food down their pie hole later at night without putting thought into the process.

Tracking/weighing/logging IMO will yield FAR greater results than your first post fad diet.

Just saying.

But hey, I may be totally wrong.

Ride it like you just stole it.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Comic gold.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    Comic gold.
    Yeah, it sure is. I'm sure all the other people in the long list there would agree.

Last edited by Streetbull; 07-12-2014 at 07:09 PM.
    Shall be my brother...”

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ever seen a lion in a cage, one that's been fed regularly? It loses all of its instincts and just gets fat and lazy. That's sounds like a lot of people, doesn't it? Hunger is a driving force. With no motivation we all get fat and sloppy.

That's the idea here -- eat just enough of very simple easily digested food during the day to stay hungry. When we do eat at the evening meal, our bodies are primed and ready for nutrients. We'll make use of all the healthy nutrients (its how we evolved).

Ever eat during the day and get sleepy? The reason is that your parasympathetic nervous system gets engaged by eating, telling you to slow down, digest food, and fall asleep. That's how we're built. Nature doesn't want us to eat a big meal and then go hunting; doing so reduces our alertness (our sympathetic system).

Anyway, I'm not pimping anything as you gets can read the pdf for yourselves.
    A lion has almost nothing in common metabolically with humans. Poor analogy.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah, it sure is. I'm sure all the other people in the long list there would agree.

Well, do it and prove your case. I suspect you will not.

The diet itself is not the funny part. It was the rationale that it was good for cavemen, so it is good now. Alao, that tiger bit was a nice touch.

Get yor cals/macros right amd be dome. These fckin "diets" are sht.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Steven A Smith did a good job in the vid using IF. What you described is not IF so what's your point?
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    A lion has almost nothing in common metabolically with humans. Poor analogy.
    Wat? That has nothing what so ever to do with the point: Eating all the time reduces one's hunger, one's instincts. It makes one lazy and lethargic.
    Shall be my brother...”

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Steven A Smith did a good job in the vid using IF. What you described is not IF so what's your point?
    You DO see what he has written at the top there, where it says 'warrior diet'?
    Shall be my brother...”

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You DO see what he has written at the top there, where it says 'warrior diet'?
    Well I did see where he constantly referred to IF so which is it?
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Well I did see where he constantly referred to IF so which is it?
    Don't take away the justification for his belief system; don't be that mean, he has nothing else in his life!
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well I don't see any Roman Centurions around these days so that diet cant be that great.

Or cave men for that matter,

yepitsme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepitsme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepitsme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepitsme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepitsme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepitsme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepitsme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepitsme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepitsme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepitsme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yepitsme is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

What Hugh Jackman talked about wasn't the diet you described. Why did you even post this video?

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First guy gives himself a 4 hour window to eat every day and Hugh Jackman an 8 hour window. That's IF. You're talking about eating fruit all day and then a big meal at night. That's not fasting. That's eating all day.

Your method may work for you, why not. It's probably going to put you in a calorie deficit so you should lose weight and feel better. Guy in the first video eats between 1700-2000 cals a day. Of course he's lost weight.

You are right though that people survived for thousands of years eating very minimalistic diets but they did so while working tirelessly to help create a world where we don't have to do that any more.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Streetbull: for a guy that "just wants input from people who have tried it", you seem a helluva lot more like a person totally espousing this system.....

please also keep in mind, that the Primitive diet that existed for 1000s of years also had people with average life expectancies in the 30s.....

and tell me: just what is the definition of a "FEAST"??????????? be more specific
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    Streetbull: for a guy that "just wants input from people who have tried it", you seem a helluva lot more like a person totally espousing this system.....

please also keep in mind, that the Primitive diet that existed for 1000s of years also had people with average life expectancies in the 30s.....

and tell me: just what is the definition of a "FEAST"??????????? be more specific
    You should read his crazy posts in the R+P section....sheezus!

pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Show me a "caveman" that ate fruit all day,(and avocado IS a fruit BTW),in the Northern Hemisphere during the Ice Age.

The reason that the aforementioned troglodytes hunted "all day" is because they were hungry.If they were eating fruit all day they wouldn't be out hunting all day.

If I use this dietary system,will I lose my benefits if I train after 6pm,or before 5pm?

I feel great on this diet. Some minor hunger pains dismissed with an apple or small amount of yogurt. Down a few pounds but, of course, that doesn't mean anything (yet). I also feel way more alert at work and don't get the post-lunch crash. Evening meals also taste way better when you're not grazing all day.
    Shall be my brother...”

Originally Posted by pvsampson View Post
    Show me a "caveman" that ate fruit all day,(and avocado IS a fruit BTW),in the Northern Hemisphere during the Ice Age.

The reason that the aforementioned troglodytes hunted "all day" is because they were hungry.If they were eating fruit all day they wouldn't be out hunting all day.

If I use this dietary system,will I lose my benefits if I train after 6pm,or before 5pm?
    You can certainly do the diet with just water all day; many do, from what I've read. Ori included the fruit because some people just can't do the water only and fruit in small increments doesn't tax any system. Watch out though because too much at one time WILL provoke a parasympathetic reaction.

Our ancestors did graze on fruit, vegs, nuts, if they came across these when hunting.

Wish people would read the site or book before attacking.
    Shall be my brother...”

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I feel great on this diet. Some minor hunger pains dismissed with an apple or small amount of yogurt. Down a few pounds but, of course, that doesn't mean anything (yet). I also feel way more alert at work and don't get the post-lunch crash. Evening meals also taste way better when you're not grazing all day.
    That might be all fine and dandy but.... We are here to lift heavy sh!t and gain muscle not just lose weight.
    Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP,

If you're talking about Ori Hofmekler's diet, it has certain merits to it. But you also have to take into account the activity level of the people who did it. The Roman Centurians who were on that diet were on the move much of the day when they were waging war in foreign countries, so they adopted this way of eating for lack of anything else. When they were resting up after a campaign, did they continue this diet? Doubtful. More than likely, they drank sh!tloads of wine and gorged themselves.

Now, it will eventually mobilize your body to utilize its fat stores. That's the good thing. It'll also tend to utilize muscle. That ain't so good. Hofmekler himself is a tall, rangy guy--almost skinny--and he's not into lifting weights at all from what I know, so from a bodybuilding POV the diet, to me, is hardly optimal for building muscle. Losing weight--yes. Building up...not so much. JMO...
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1