Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    UGK4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) UGK4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) UGK4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) UGK4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) UGK4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) UGK4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) UGK4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) UGK4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) UGK4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) UGK4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000) UGK4lyfe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It can be decent.... unless it's a distribution center. Worked in one of Walmart's distribution centers in shipping and ohhhhhhhhhhhhh lawdddddddddd! I mean you're basically running 2-3 lanes at once by yourself for 10 straight hours pulling bbq grills, car batteries, swimming pools, boxes of batteries, etc off of a non stop conveyor belt all day/night long. It drains your soul, when I left out of there half the time I never even made it to bed, would fall asleep right on the floor or the sofa, srs. Pay was pretty decent though, I was making $17.65 an hour. Not too bad if you work nights while the temps are down, but southern summers having to manually load an unload trucks sitting in that 100+ degree heat is hell.

Resident Liberal Elite NeoKantian's Avatar
    NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NeoKantian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depends on the company. I've heard from numerous people that working for Amazon is hell.
    "God help us; we're in the hands of engineers." - JP Quote

Please Donate to Help Cure Hearing Loss:
    http://hearinghealthfoundation.org/
    http://hearinglosscure.stanford.edu/

916Crew is on a distinguished road. (+10) 916Crew is on a distinguished road. (+10) 916Crew is on a distinguished road. (+10) 916Crew is on a distinguished road. (+10) 916Crew is on a distinguished road. (+10) 916Crew is on a distinguished road. (+10) 916Crew is on a distinguished road. (+10) 916Crew is on a distinguished road. (+10) 916Crew is on a distinguished road. (+10) 916Crew is on a distinguished road. (+10) 916Crew is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FallOutBrah View Post
    I'm going in for my interview tomorrow for a warehouse associate position. I'm not really sure what the work would be like though. the job details are really vague.

-pick, pack, and release orders (huh?)

-ensure order accuracy (how?)

-operate crown forklifts, reach trucks, and stock pickers (I don't have a forklift license! did I dun goofed? it wasn't in the requirements for the job...)

what should I expect exactly? I don't really understand. it's not hard is it, especially for just average-intelligent people like myself? also if you could give me tips on doing well on the interview, that would be great!
    Learning how to drive a forklift isn't hard. The stand up one maybe at first, but the warehouse life ain't bad. It just gets repetitive a lot since your doing the same thing over and I've thru oh the day. Good job, you don't have to deal with people's ****ty attitude!

PopAlexandra is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RobElite View Post
    Warehouse work is depressing.
    Indeed it is. It's fine as a back-up plan, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone in the long run.