Page 256 of 257 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,680 of 7708
    SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DreadPir8 View Post
    Hey thread,

What ab exercise are you doing? I’ve been doing cable crunches but I don’t really love them. Also do some planks.
    For abs try Hello Dolly's for a change. They mainly focus on lower abs. Lie on back with hands under lower back/butt as needed for support. Start with legs 6 in off ground. Raise them to near 90 degrees, lower, then spread and close, all on a 4 count.

So 1-up, 2-down, 3-open, 4-close =ONE REP

CooolStoryBro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Can I slow down weights progression especially on squats/ deaflifts if I don't feel strong enough to maintain proper form? Due to have hyper lordosis it might be challenging exercises to me.

SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CooolStoryBro View Post
    Can I slow down weights progression especially on squats/ deaflifts if I don't feel strong enough to maintain proper form? Due to have hyper lordosis it might be challenging exercises to me.
    You can certainly try that, and if it works for you do it. Or you can keep the progression and reset protocol from the original program (failing a rep or performing the rep with bad form due to fatigue are both criteria for determining if reset is necessary).

JamesD7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JamesD7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JamesD7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JamesD7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JamesD7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JamesD7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JamesD7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JamesD7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Can I ask a question, apologies if it has been asked before...

Is the progression literally every week or every third workout?

By that I mean say week 1 is

Monday - workout a
    wednesday - workout b
    friday - workout a

then week two is

mon - b
    wed - a
    friday -b

and week 3 then back to

mond - a
    wed - b
    friday - c

Am I going up the same in workout a and b regardless of which work out gets done twice in a week and which one gets done once? So from week 1 to 2 for example, I'd be going up in workout a and b the same even though workout b only had been carried out once? Or do I do workout b in week 2 once and then move up on the third workout of workout b? I just ask because moving up after one workout be after week one or down the line in week 5,6,7 would concern me because I'd be worried whether or not lifting whatever the amount is only once prior and then progressing to a heavier weight would be possible for me.

So basically my question is does the progression on both workout go up after 2,1,2,1,2,1 etc etc or do you do 2 workouts at each weight before progressing up.

Again, sorry if this sounds stupid it's just that I am a new lifter basically just getting ready to go to the gym for the first time in 5 years basically and when I was last there I would just piss around with full body workouts on the machines because I was too nervous at the time to try the bigger compound lifts with barbells etc

CooolStoryBro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JamesD7 View Post
    Can I ask a question, apologies if it has been asked before...

Is the progression literally every week or every third workout?

By that I mean say week 1 is

Monday - workout a
    wednesday - workout b
    friday - workout a

then week two is

mon - b
    wed - a
    friday -b

and week 3 then back to

mond - a
    wed - b
    friday - c

Am I going up the same in workout a and b regardless of which work out gets done twice in a week and which one gets done once? So from week 1 to 2 for example, I'd be going up in workout a and b the same even though workout b only had been carried out once? Or do I do workout b in week 2 once and then move up on the third workout of workout b? I just ask because moving up after one workout be after week one or down the line in week 5,6,7 would concern me because I'd be worried whether or not lifting whatever the amount is only once prior and then progressing to a heavier weight would be possible for me.

So basically my question is does the progression on both workout go up after 2,1,2,1,2,1 etc etc or do you do 2 workouts at each weight before progressing up.

Again, sorry if this sounds stupid it's just that I am a new lifter basically just getting ready to go to the gym for the first time in 5 years basically and when I was last there I would just piss around with full body workouts on the machines because I was too nervous at the time to try the bigger compound lifts with barbells etc
    hi
    . Nope that's not how it works. Week 1 you do workout a b a week 2 b a b week 3 a b a. Weights you add weekly bases 10 lbs to lower and 5 lbs to upper exercises. Good luck

JamesD7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JamesD7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JamesD7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JamesD7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JamesD7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JamesD7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JamesD7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JamesD7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by CooolStoryBro View Post
    hi
    . Nope that's not how it works. Week 1 you do workout a b a week 2 b a b week 3 a b a. Weights you add weekly bases 10 lbs to lower and 5 lbs to upper exercises. Good luck
    Yeah I get it goes ABA BAB ABA BAB, I just wanted to make sure that it was literally every first workout of week you are progressing up even if for example the week prior you had only done workout A once that week. I was just concerned whether I would be able to progress up a weight after only one workout on the previous progression.

Originally Posted by JamesD7 View Post
    Yeah I get it goes ABA BAB ABA BAB, I just wanted to make sure that it was literally every first workout of week you are progressing up even if for example the week prior you had only done workout A once that week. I was just concerned whether I would be able to progress up a weight after only one workout on the previous progression.
    Yes you raise weight each week, not after 2 sessions of each. If you're having trouble raising weight after the 1 session week (e.g., after B on ABA week) you could switch to raising it every 2 workouts. But I think you're better off just following it as written. Including the reset protocol.

crazz2323 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have been doing the Fierce 5 program for a number of months now and have seen good results. I started this after cutting to 10% body fat. I then switched to a bulk phase but I kept the body fat at 10% up until recently by following the 40% Protien, 40% Carb, 20% fat rule) I can't keep up the once a week pace most weeks and have to increase reps as the guide suggests (+1 for 5 set exercises, +2 for 8 - 10 set exercises) in between weeks to compensate. I have made progress, just not weekly.

After reading an article on this site regarding bulking and taking in 750 - 1000 more calories on workout days, I think maybe my issue is that I am doing the 40 40 20 rule everyday with the same 400 calories over maintanence. My total I take in a day is 2400. Maybe I am not feeding my muscles enough on workout days?

drgoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) drgoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) drgoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) drgoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) drgoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) drgoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) drgoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) drgoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) drgoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) drgoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) drgoku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by crazz2323 View Post
    I have been doing the Fierce 5 program for a number of months now and have seen good results. I started this after cutting to 10% body fat. I then switched to a bulk phase but I kept the body fat at 10% up until recently by following the 40% Protien, 40% Carb, 20% fat rule) I can't keep up the once a week pace most weeks and have to increase reps as the guide suggests (+1 for 5 set exercises, +2 for 8 - 10 set exercises) in between weeks to compensate. I have made progress, just not weekly.

After reading an article on this site regarding bulking and taking in 750 - 1000 more calories on workout days, I think maybe my issue is that I am doing the 40 40 20 rule everyday with the same 400 calories over maintanence. My total I take in a day is 2400. Maybe I am not feeding my muscles enough on workout days?
    How is your body weight increase coming along? Are you making the standard 0.5lbs to 1lbs increase a week or 2 to 4lbs a month? If not then increase the calories.

crazz2323 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by drgoku View Post
    How is your body weight increase coming along? Are you making the standard 0.5lbs to 1lbs increase a week or 2 to 4lbs a month? If not then increase the calories.
    I did have to once. Originally was at +200 and bumped it to +400. I did go up 3 pounds in 4 months so it is progressing. I wound up with a little more fat by the 4th month but from what I have read, that should be expected. I was curious if there is merit to boosting calories by the 750 - 1000 on workout days like in the article I read or to just stay the course?

kylenedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylenedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylenedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm moving from the Beginner routine to the intermediate as I haven't been able to increase after a deload.
    My question is when I move on to intermediate should I lower my weight for the lifts that I've stalled on? If so how much do you guys think?

Mithos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mithos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mithos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mithos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mithos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mithos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mithos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mithos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mithos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mithos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mithos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What do you think about Smith machine front squats on U/L?

Stuck on a point where free weight is difficult to do because of the bar rolling forward and not being able to keep torso upright long enough, but my legs feel like they can stand more.

Don't like the idea of my upper back messing with the load of legs

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kylenedic View Post
    I'm moving from the Beginner routine to the intermediate as I haven't been able to increase after a deload.
    My question is when I move on to intermediate should I lower my weight for the lifts that I've stalled on? If so how much do you guys think?
    It doesn't really matter because the progression is still fast and you'll have to drop 15 percent once you stall twice anyways.

Registered User malikabdulwahab's Avatar
    malikabdulwahab is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I will advise you will be working out 2 consecutive days followed by a rest day and then 3 more consecutive days.

Mon-Lower A
    Tue-Upper A
    Wed-Rest
    Thu-Legs (w/ DL)
    Fri-Push
    Sat-Pull
    Sun-Rest
    Repeat

and that's it

DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000) DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000) DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000) DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000) DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000) DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000) DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000) DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000) DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000) DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000) DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey thread,

I’m wanting to make a couple of substitutions on the novice program.

Bored of lat pulldowns, and want to switch to pullups as they seem superior and more functional.
    That’s an acceptable sub as of the FAQ.

However, I want to sub bicep curls for weighted chinups as well.
    This is for the same reason as the lat substitution. Chinups seem much more functional (and challenging.. I.e. fun).

Will subbing for pullups AND chinups over work the upper back?

tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey thread,

I’m wanting to make a couple of substitutions on the novice program.

Bored of lat pulldowns, and want to switch to pullups as they seem superior and more functional.
    That’s an acceptable sub as of the FAQ.

However, I want to sub bicep curls for weighted chinups as well.
    This is for the same reason as the lat substitution. Chinups seem much more functional (and challenging.. I.e. fun).

Will subbing for pullups AND chinups over work the upper back?
    Extra 2 sets of chinups/pullups won't do any harm.

DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000) DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000) DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000) DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000) DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000) DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000) DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000) DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000) DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000) DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000) DreadPir8 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tommy4life View Post
    Extra 2 sets of chinups/pullups won't do any harm.
    Thanks man. I never see any buff dudes doing lat pull downs when I’m at the gym.

Usually overweight old men. Lol

Spoiler!

sfkn is on a distinguished road. (+10) sfkn is on a distinguished road. (+10) sfkn is on a distinguished road. (+10) sfkn is on a distinguished road. (+10) sfkn is on a distinguished road. (+10) sfkn is on a distinguished road. (+10) sfkn is on a distinguished road. (+10) sfkn is on a distinguished road. (+10) sfkn is on a distinguished road. (+10) sfkn is on a distinguished road. (+10) sfkn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've started DB full body program today. Took me a long time. Maybe the time improves with consistency. Did both A & B the same day. Was wondering if it's supposed to be done as the Novice full body. Ie.

working out 3 nonconsecutive days a week and alternating between workouts A & B. Ex: Mon-A, Tues-Rest, Wed-B, Thur-Rest, Fri-A, Sat-Rest, Sun-Rest, Mon-B…etc

Unquote.

Thanks!

17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 17mahmoods has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sfkn View Post
    I've started DB full body program today. Took me a long time. Maybe the time improves with consistency. Did both A & B the same day. Was wondering if it's supposed to be done as the Novice full body. Ie.

working out 3 nonconsecutive days a week and alternating between workouts A & B. Ex: Mon-A, Tues-Rest, Wed-B, Thur-Rest, Fri-A, Sat-Rest, Sun-Rest, Mon-B…etc

Unquote.

Thanks!
    yup run it like the novice fullbody
    Texas Method Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast

jgalvez5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys, I've been using the program for about a month now and I want to improve on my warming up. I'm having issues figuring out how many sets to do and when to/how to know when to increase weight for warm ups. Currently I've only been doing for the main lifts (Squats, Front Squats, etc.) but not for other compounds like RDL or pull-downs and I would like to change that. Any and all advice is appreciated!

Originally Posted by jgalvez5 View Post
    Hey guys, I've been using the program for about a month now and I want to improve on my warming up. I'm having issues figuring out how many sets to do and when to/how to know when to increase weight for warm ups. Currently I've only been doing for the main lifts (Squats, Front Squats, etc.) but not for other compounds like RDL or pull-downs and I would like to change that. Any and all advice is appreciated!
    I think warmups are more of a personal thing. You should try and see what works best for you.

Here’s what I do on squats for example:

Workset is 155

Warmups:
    95 x 5

115 x 3

135 x 1

Just slowly work up to your workset. It should be easy enough not to fatigue you at all.

It's ****ing Chucky! Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jgalvez5 View Post
    Example of a good write-up on warming up

https://www.andybaker.com/warm/
    Controlled Labs Rep
    nathan @ controlledlabs.com

Orange Triad - Currently BOGO - 50% off
    Orange Oximega Fish Oil - Currently BOGO - 50% off

jgalvez5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you!

Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When you cut the progression on novice during a cut, do you simply bump weights each 2 weeks without any other change or are you supposed to increase reps in between like the u/l ... or does someone have any more creative ideas :P

Nikothorup is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi, i want to sub Front Squats for Bulgarian Split Squats in the novice program, due to right and left leg imbalances. Is that fine?

And just started a log with the novice program if anybode wanna follow or comment my training.

Originally Posted by Nikothorup View Post
    Hi, i want to sub Front Squats for Bulgarian Split Squats in the novice program, due to right and left leg imbalances. Is that fine?

And just started a log with the novice program if anybode wanna follow or comment my training.
    As a novice I don’t know how easily you’ll actually be able to tell that you have imbalances.

My first thought is to stick with the front squats and your newbie gains will ‘balance’ things out from there.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chyme in though.

As a novice I don’t know how easily you’ll actually be able to tell that you have imbalances.

My first thought is to stick with the front squats and your newbie gains will ‘balance’ things out from there.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chyme in though.
    Okay thanks man. Also when i move on to the U/L, i'm not sure how the progression works?

"You’ll add 5 lbs to all of your upper body lifts* and 10lbs to all of your lower body lifts every 2 weeks. After 1 week increase the reps by 1 on every set. Ex: Instead of doing bench 3x5 you'll do 3x6. At the end of that week weight increases and the reps will drop back down to 3x5."

So for like bench ex.

It says at the end of that week, the reps will drop back down so it becomes 3x5 agian. But that is start of week 3 right?

Week 1:
    3x5 210lbs

Week 2:
    3x6 210lbs

Week 3:
    3x5 215lbs

tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hello Fierce 5'ers

Soo I've been doing F5 for over 2 years now and overall pretty happy. However, I think my back doesn't look very balanced (odd since the program is all aboit balance). My mid back and lower trap seem much smaller then my upper traps. But it could be just me, or those muscles only show at lower bf%

This is a recent pic after a bulk

https://ibb.co/KKrZpdM

Originally Posted by Nikothorup View Post

So for like bench ex.

It says at the end of that week, the reps will drop back down so it becomes 3x5 agian. But that is start of week 3 right?

Week 1:
    3x5 210lbs

Week 2:
    3x6 210lbs

Week 3:
    3x5 215lbs
    Yup

I am really not sure if i should run the novice or intermediate program?

My lifts for 5RM are:
    Squat: 198lbs
    Bench: 181,5lbs
    DL: 308lbs
    OHP: 99lbs
    Pulldowns: 154lbs

Any suggestions?

Would run the intermediate with novice progression squat, since its pretty low.