rnickel17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Changing workout programs?

I’ve been doing my workout program for 2 months now. How long should I stay with the same program, and how often should I completely change it if at all.

Thankyou

CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000) CW47 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This depends upon a LOT of things. Generally speaking you'll want to stick with a program for as long as possible. This is assuming it's actually a 'good' program. This is also assuming that you're running it correctly - technique is solid, intensity is appropriate, etc. If your program is solid you'll want to make sure you're diet and recovery are on point. If all of these things are good you should run the program for as long as you continue to make progress (weight and/or muscle size should be increasing, depending upon what your goal/s are) - make sure you're measuring this somehow so that you know if you are progressing or not.

If you're doing everything 'right' and you stop progressing, that's the time to start thinking about changing your programming. For most people, changing programs is NOT the answer - they are missing the mark on something else and changing programs won't fix this. So really focus on getting the basics right consistently.
    The Flywheel Effect - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172103043