Page 278 of 278 FirstFirst ... 178 228 268 276 277 278
Results 8,311 to 8,322 of 8322
    GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I want to do Intermediate Upper/Lower Program.

Its a Lift Monday Tuesday, rest Wednesday, Lift Thursday Friday, kinda program.

1) Since I want to keep being a regular at my boxing gym, can I train twice a week on this program without losing much effect?
    Therefore Upper and Lower A on Monday, Rest on Tuesday, then Upper and Lower B on Wednesday?

2) What if I do not do boxing, is it possible to do that alternating method twice a week without losing much effect?
    Therefore Upper and Lower A on Monday, Rest on Tuesday, then Upper and Lower B on Wednesday, Rest Thursday, Upper and Lower A on Friday, Rest Saturday, Upper and Lower B Sunday, Rest Monday, etc.

I know it will not be as good as the original method and I know a lot of people annoy by asking to alter the program, but I'm wondering if I am ignoring any warning signs or hitting any obstacles that I'm not thinking about if I want to continue boxing every now and then. Thanks.

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GatorBoy92 View Post
    I want to do Intermediate Upper/Lower Program.

Its a Lift Monday Tuesday, rest Wednesday, Lift Thursday Friday, kinda program.

1) Since I want to keep being a regular at my boxing gym, can I train twice a week on this program without losing much effect?
    Therefore Upper and Lower A on Monday, Rest on Tuesday, then Upper and Lower B on Wednesday?

2) What if I do not do boxing, is it possible to do that alternating method twice a week without losing much effect?
    Therefore Upper and Lower A on Monday, Rest on Tuesday, then Upper and Lower B on Wednesday, Rest Thursday, Upper and Lower A on Friday, Rest Saturday, Upper and Lower B Sunday, Rest Monday, etc.

I know it will not be as good as the original method and I know a lot of people annoy by asking to alter the program, but I'm wondering if I am ignoring any warning signs or hitting any obstacles that I'm not thinking about if I want to continue boxing every now and then. Thanks.
    Do the novice program A on Monday + B on Thursday
    Keep boxing Tuesday / Friday

Your progress will be slower but it's not your focus so you shouldn't mind
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000) GatorBoy92 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    Do the novice program A on Monday + B on Thursday
    Keep boxing Tuesday / Friday

Your progress will be slower but it's not your focus so you shouldn't mind
    Thanks for the reply,

but I did the All Pro Beginners program for 2 years and I'm definitely not a beginner anymore. And the Novice program is almost the exact same thing as AllPro except Lat Pulls added and Pendlay Rows instead of Bent Over Rows.

Do you think I could pull off the Intermediate Upper/Lower along with the boxing? Perhaps I could decrease volume or take a few exercises out if I have to.

hms2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been doing this program 3 months now and I like it a lot, but would it be okay to add a set of lateral raises and another set of rear delt work (think I would add rear delt cable crossover fly)? And if it's okay, what days should I add them onto, if it matters? I kinda just enjoy shoulder/back stuff so figured I would ask. Thanks in advance

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hms2 View Post
    I've been doing this program 3 months now and I like it a lot, but would it be okay to add a set of lateral raises and another set of rear delt work (think I would add rear delt cable crossover fly)? And if it's okay, what days should I add them onto, if it matters? I kinda just enjoy shoulder/back stuff so figured I would ask. Thanks in advance
    It would be okay.

livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Would the intermediate u/l be good for someone who’s been lifting awhile but screwing around with hypertrophy programs and not made much size or strength gains the past few years? 43/m. 180lbs. Lifts are 250 bench, 350deadlift, 250 squat, 145 OHP. Or should i do the advanced since ive been lifting awhile?

lewiskountrer is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question

Hi! I am from South Africa. No pulldown machine here in the gym if my town. What could I sub it with?
    Also, Could I replace front squad for leg press? I feel something in my lower back after them and I dread an injury. Form is Ok the trainer here said

Also, I am very curious on what on what kind of muscular changes have you attained (I read they aren't going to be wow, but I see this as a sorta powerbuildig program, so I expect some muscle growth)
    Thank you for this gift and merry Xmas to everyone!

Wiseduck311 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Combine A & B each workout?

Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    The Intermediate Upper/Lower

Upper A
    Bench 3x5
    Incline Bench 3x8
    Lat Pulldowns 3x8 (any grip)
    Bent Over Rows 3x8
    Curls 3x10/Reverse Flies 3x12 Superset

Lower A
    Squats 3x5
    Weighted Back Extensions 3x8
    Leg Press 3x10
    Leg Curls 3x10
    Ab work 3x15/Calf raises 3x12 Superset

Upper B
    OHP 3x5
    Flies 3x10
    Pullups 3x8
    Pendlay Rows 3x8
    Face Pulls 3x12/Tricep pressdowns 3x10 Superset

Lower B
    Front Squat 3x5
    Romanian Deadlift 3x8
    Leg Extensions 3x10
    Leg Curls 3x10
    Ab work 3x15/Calf Raises 3x12 Superset

You will be working out 2 consecutive days followed by a rest day and then 2 more consecutive days. Ex: Mon-Upper A, Tues-Lower A, Wed-Rest, Thur-Upper B, Fri-Lower B, Sat-Rest, Sun-Rest, Mon-Upper A…etc.

You’ll add 5 lbs to all of your upper body lifts* and 10lbs to all of your lower body lifts every 2 weeks. After 1 week increase the reps by 1 on every set. Ex: Instead of doing bench 3x5 you'll do 3x6. At the end of that week weight increases and the reps will drop back down to 3x5.

*The weight increases are halved between DB exercises. Use your best judgment on weight increases for isolation exercises. The progression may be too fast.

[Click to return to top]
    Time is not a concern. Could I combine the A & B workouts each day? Would double volume. Primary goal is hypertrophy, then strength. Eating clean and big. Just finished first year in the gym, 6 months with trainer. 49yo male, 180lb 18%BF.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wiseduck311 View Post
    Time is not a concern. Could I combine the A & B workouts each day? Would double volume. Primary goal is hypertrophy, then strength. Eating clean and big. Just finished first year in the gym, 6 months with trainer. 49yo male, 180lb 18%BF.
    Best bet is too do the novice full body. If you were at an intermediate level you’d be too strong to combine the days. Get to a 225 bench, 315 squat before moving to intermediate.

7Stro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Apologize if this has been asked already but for the dumbell full body program would it be acceptable to, instead of two rest days (sat/sun), work out on sunday and then continue the program on tuesday? for example workouts would be Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun, > Tues, Thurs, Sat, > and then back to Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun. Workouts would not be consecutive days in a row and specific (A/B) workouts wouldnt exceed 2 per week.

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 7Stro View Post
    Apologize if this has been asked already but for the dumbell full body program would it be acceptable to, instead of two rest days (sat/sun), work out on sunday and then continue the program on tuesday? for example workouts would be Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun, > Tues, Thurs, Sat, > and then back to Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun. Workouts would not be consecutive days in a row and specific (A/B) workouts wouldnt exceed 2 per week.
    If you don't need the rest, go for it.

If you aren't hitting your weight increases or ypur rep increases, do not go for it.
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

froller2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    will this workout routine work well for me if i change the 5 reps to 10+ (have had heart surgery some years back and was told that as long as i can do 10+ reps it should be fine but not to go under)