Page 270 of 270 FirstFirst ... 170 220 260 268 269 270
Results 8,071 to 8,077 of 8077
    MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mike990 View Post
    Hi all.

Im looking to sub front squat for equipment/form reasons for the novice full body reasons.

Im a little confused, the novice fierce 5 thread says front squat must only be swapped for leg curls or paused back squats. This thread, in the substitutions section , says to swap front squats for "Hack Squats, Leg press or Step ups".

Which advice should I follow? I've been swapping it for leg presses, but im not sure anymore.

Friendly tip. Unless i'm just being daft, it looks like one of the threads needs updating so the subs are the same for the novice program for both threads @davisj3537
    This one has to cover all the variations generally.
    Not enough word count to have every option for every version in this one. And is only really in this for 'completion' so to speak.

The novice thread is specifically for the novice program.
    That one supersedes this one for novice stuff.

If in doubt. Use the sticky.

Although, none of these got the final revision Davis and I where working on. So it's whatever.
    FMH crew T-Rex.

BlueDay93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    On the novice program it stays to drop the weight 15% when you fail.

Is this 15% of the weight including the bar or just the weight on the bar?

So if I fail OHP with 20kg on the bar... Do I drop 15% of of 20kg or 15% of 40kg as the bar adds an extra 20kg?

(Sorry its in KG and not lbs I'm English)

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BlueDay93 View Post
    On the novice program it stays to drop the weight 15% when you fail.

Is this 15% of the weight including the bar or just the weight on the bar?

So if I fail OHP with 20kg on the bar... Do I drop 15% of of 20kg or 15% of 40kg as the bar adds an extra 20kg?

(Sorry its in KG and not lbs I'm English)
    Weight always includes the bar.
    You pull that % from the total load of plates and bar.
    FMH crew T-Rex.

fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessguyuk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This programme is inspiring. Love it - thanks for doing this.

centgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) centgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) centgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) centgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) centgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) centgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) centgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) centgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) centgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) centgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) centgas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am also looking to swap the front squat in the upper/lower. Ideally for leg press, but since we already have this in Lower A, are we ok with doing it on both lower days? For curiosity, how come lunges /split squats arent an acceptable sub?

Thx

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by centgas View Post
    I am also looking to swap the front squat in the upper/lower. Ideally for leg press, but since we already have this in Lower A, are we ok with doing it on both lower days? For curiosity, how come lunges /split squats arent an acceptable sub?

Thx
    Leg pressing on both lower days is completely fine. I also see no problem with lunges and split squats being acceptable subs. Id assume the author just didn't want to list every acceptable sub possible because that would take awhile.
    Last edited by TAWS6; 09-16-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Puglett is on a distinguished road. (+10) Puglett is on a distinguished road. (+10) Puglett is on a distinguished road. (+10) Puglett is on a distinguished road. (+10) Puglett is on a distinguished road. (+10) Puglett is on a distinguished road. (+10) Puglett is on a distinguished road. (+10) Puglett is on a distinguished road. (+10) Puglett is on a distinguished road. (+10) Puglett is on a distinguished road. (+10) Puglett is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I’m currently on the novice routine after coming back to lifting after a hiatus and just wanted to say thank you David for these awesome routines. I’m loving F5 novice and have full intention on using the F5 U/L once I can no longer progress on the novice.
    Forever cutting.

Goal-175

Mar-26:200.2