Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post First day trying to go on Keto

so I just had a breakfast of 7 scrambled eggs and 4 links of chicken sausages cooked in 1 stick of butter and 3 cheese slices .. washed away with a cup of instant coffee creamed with a coffee-mate original ....

planning for a serving of Syntha-6 protein shake post-workout .. and for the rest of the day going for grilled whole chicken and some steamed broccoli for lunch and 5 boiled eggs for dinner with probable another 2 cups of coffee with creamer during the day ..

I really don't know how this sound as it's my first time doing this ... I'm not looking for calories for now until I get used to the carbs cutting .. and I would really appreciate all the comments telling me what to pay attention to ..

Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Oosss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the ed of 2nd day on keto diet .. it's so difficult for me to achieve the right fat/protein/carb percentage .. right now I live in china and getting the right food for me is really hard but I'm working on it ..
    today's food log is 58%/36%/6% fat/protein/carbs of 150gm/207gm/33gm .... the 33gm of carbs have 9gm fibers ..
    I'm really new at counting macros but I'm learning ..

so for the 2nd day I had 7 boiled eggs + 3 scrambled eggs + 5 beef burger patties + 2 tbsp unsalted butter + 2 grilled chicken breasts + one head lettuce + a bunch of peanuts + a bunch of cashews + 2 dumsticks baked with 2 tbsp of olive oil

so after calculating all of that I scored only 2335 calories (according to MyFitnessPal) .. I still have 145 calories deficit ..

yeah and my water consumption is higher than usual .. around 4 liters today ..
    but I feel weak .. couldn't do my usual daily stuff .. didn't have the energy to go to gym ... so I walked around for 40 minutes instead because I didn't want to spend the rest of my day idle ...

I'm trying to find a way to increase my fat intake and lower the protein

I have a question for anyone who's reading this and might have an answer ...

if I cant get my f/p/c properly .. but I'm still going low in sugar (lower than 20gms per day) .. and not surpass my protein in take .. but couldn't reach my supposed fat intake .. and the percentage is 65%/30%/5% ..... can I go into ketosis??

food entry for 15/4/2015

Foods Calories Carbs Fat Protein Cholest Sodium Sugars Fiber
    TOTAL: 1,451 41g 94g 110g 1,328mg 1,593mg 15g 14g

still cant get the right proportion of fats/protein/carbs ...
    working on it ..

day 6 for me now ... if the acetone smell of breath is the same as the smell of ketoacidic diabetic patients .. then I must be doing very well because I've been smelling that smell since day 2 but just now I am thinking about it ... I have already downed from 105.5 to 102.3 kgs .. I know it's mostly water weight .. butt good to keep me going .. I also enjoy the food very much

still have some episodes of deep headache but it's going less .. energy level almost back to normal ..

so today I decided to re-feed my body with some carbs after being 9 days on almost 2% carbs everday.. for lunch I ate half a mango .. followed be sushi .. that's all .. I actually havent counted my macros for today but I can feel that I'm still in ketosis at night .. after few hours of having the sushi the acetonic breath came back .. is that even possible??

well, highlight of the day was debating with my doctor who says the ketogenic diet is very good for a short time but shouldn't be followed for long times since the body is dependent on glucose to feed the krebs cycle ... it was a long discussion as I was trying to prove to him how the body would be independent on glucose and would use fat as main source of energy even if there is a small presence of glucose ... is that right ??

psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) psalms1441 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Most doctors are totally against a keto diet, atleast yours isn't. That's a good thing

Originally Posted by psalms1441 View Post
    Most doctors are totally against a keto diet, atleast yours isn't. That's a good thing
    his point of view is that there's a possibility that the blood pH level goes below 7.3 I think and if that happens then it will be harmful for the body specially the heart ..