Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)

Redefining 'Balance', wrkoutfrq style!

Welcome All!

For those of you unaware, my name is Patrick, and I'm a PhD student at Oklahoma State University. My research interests lie in how environmental stressors influence amphibian and reptile ecology. My dissertation research investigates the toxicity of a current use fungicide to several species of frog and toad from a more environmentally realistic perspective than traditional toxicity studies. I'm a Pisces, love classical music, nature, and am 100% southern gentile.... I'm also a severe workaholic with ONLY success on my mind, which causes a lot of stress and drama

BUT that's not why you're here!!!

I also just finished my first ever competitive season! I've been "lifting" since 2007ish, but didn't get serious about it until 2010. After a long battle with genetic hormone issues, I finally got to a point where I could progress in November 2011, so I pushed it hard until starting with my current coach, Matt Jansen of Inov8 Elite Performance, in January 2013. We recomped for months before starting prep the day after Thanksgiving of last year.

I stepped on stage in the best shape I've ever been in, but being the overly driven, success obsessed workaholic I am, I will ALWAYS strive to improve. This will be the first offseason I've had since getting the hormone issues straightened out, and I'm SUPER busy with my PhD, so this log will be an extended 'improvement season' log for a while. I'm a PROUD member of Team Inov8, and couldn't ask for a better coach and team in my corner for this improvement season.

I named the log "Redefining 'balance because it won't just be about lifting, eating sleeping and repeating... My goal is to improve all aspects of my life, including in my research, in the gym and out of the gym. The end goal of this log will be to culminate in me bringing a completely night and day package to the stage as a balanced, happy, and much bigger DR. Patrick Cusaac.

To expand on this, here's my latest Vlog about why I named the log what I did:

Without further ado, here's a few pics from the competitive season, and then we'll jump right into today's workout. If you are curious about anything in my life, or want to know more about me, ask away, I'm extremely open about many things in my life and won't be shy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6/28/14

INOV8 Elite Performance
    Cell Volumization 1
    Week 4 Day 5

-Goal for the accessory days (5-7) is the PUMP, really playing the cell volumization to the max here
    -Tempo on all lifts is 1-2 sec contraction, 2 sec eccentric, and 1 sec pause
    -Rest is typically 45-90s (unless specified)
    -NO sets to failure, rarely close

CONTROLLED RAGE!!!

Unilateral Underhand Row (lat focus, leaning forward slightly)
    75*15
    85*12
    95*10
    +5lbs
    -Ronnie Coleman back is the goal!!!

3 Way Lat Pulldown Giant Set (Wide overhand, narrow overhand, wide reverse grip)
    2x110-110-95*12 each
    +5lbs!

NOT ENOUGH!!!

Complex 1: (no rest b/w exercises, emphasize the stretch)

1A) DB Pullovers
    3x60*8

1B) Rope Pullovers
    3x50*8
    +2 sets
    -makin weight that was heavy last week look LIGHT this week!

Incline DB Rows (SQUEEZE and STRETCH, 45s rest b/w sets)
    3x65's*10
    +5lbs/side
    -how bad do YOU want it???

Optional Arms

BFR Cable Pressdown (at lat pull station, 30s rest between clusters)
    Lvl 17.5*30/15/15/15
    +5lbs
    -SQUEEZE every rep, SO much burn!

BFR Cambered Bar Curl (30s rest between clusters)
    30*30/15/15/15

Notes:
    Friggen KILLED this workout, actually got piss poor sleep last night, but I didn't let that stop me! Got a good breakfast in, slammed some pre-workout (trying the Xience brand, actually pretty decent!) and hit this session HARD. Every set improving, either by weight, number of sets, or control/RPE. Really spot on! After the workout went and practiced football for ~ an hour, intramurals are about the only social part of my life right now lol. Went and had a free meal of froyo, then got some work done. I'm breeding toads tomorrow to knock out research that covers part of 2 of my dissertation chapters, so really significant work being done... got chest on tap tomorrow as well, then soccer intramural practice (lol) so it should be a great day!

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Someone is soaking up those calorie increases and its showing in the gym.
    Keep killing it.
    working on it dude, starting the new chapter of my life off in a positive way!!!
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In :d
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1rd In for balanced gainz!

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In on this DR!

phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000) phillysteak is just really nice. (+1000)
    Love everything about this log, man. Could not be more in.

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    YOU KNOW IM IN!!! Gunna be a sick offseason bro!
    advertising not permitted

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Andddd....IN!

Love the show pics. Looked BIG!
    β˜…β˜…β˜… RSP Nutrition Lead Representative β˜…β˜…β˜…

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

β˜…β˜…β˜… Live Inspired β˜…β˜…β˜…
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    In :d
    Originally Posted by red_cat View Post
    1rd In for balanced gainz!
    In on this DR!
    Originally Posted by phillysteak View Post
    Love everything about this log, man. Could not be more in.
    Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    YOU KNOW IM IN!!! Gunna be a sick offseason bro!
    Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Andddd....IN!

Love the show pics. Looked BIG!
    LOVE you guys (no homerz )

Seriously though, you all have been instrumental in my success thus far, glad to have you with me for where the REAL work begins!

6/20/14

AM Weight: 155.4 (post free meal)
    -not TOO bad I suppose after the free meal yesterday

INOV8 Elite Performance
    Cell Volumization 1
    Week 4 Day 6

-Goal for the accessory days (5-7) is the PUMP, really playing the cell volumization to the max here

GREEN MEANS GOOOOOO TIIIIIMMMMEEEE!!!!

Chest

Machine Bench Press (1:1:1:1, contraction focus...)
    175*15
    190*12
    205*9
    +15lbs!
    -PEAK contractions, HUGE pump!

Slight Incline Smith Press (Narrow grip, mid grip, wide grip; last grip drop to mech. RPE 10)
    125*8 each -drop- 105*AMAP (14???...too light!!!)
    2x130*8 each -drop- 105*AMAP (12, 9)
    +5lbs

Complex 1: (no rest b/w exercises, emphasize the contraction on both exercises)

1A) Flat DB Press (2:2:2:2)
    3x65*8
    -last week was RPE 9.5.... this week??? LIKE NOTHING.....

1B) Cable Fly (1:2:1:1)
    2x30/s*8
    25/s*8
    *each set SQUEEZE contraction for 15s after last rep

Shoulders

Bench Supported DB Reverse Fly
    15's*40
    20's*12 (2s contraction hold)
    25's*10 -drop- 22.5's*8 -drop- 20's*8 -drop- 17.5's*8
    -rear delts are NUMB..... I WANT MORE!

DB lateral Raise Pyramid Sets
    2 Rounds of:
    17.5's*12 (STRICT and SLOW)
    22.5's*10 (little faster, still strict)
    30's*8 (little momentum ok, medial delt focus)
    22.5's*8 (little faster, still strict)
    17.5's*8 (STRICT and SLOW)
    -REALLY emphasized form.... DESTRUCTION ensued

Triset: (no rest b/w exercises)

1A) Bent Over Cable Lat Raise
    30/s*14
    +reps
    -BOOM

1B) Side Cable Lat Raise
    15/s*12
    +reps

1C) Front Cable Raise
    15/s*15

Cardio:
    None

Notes:
    MAN what a long day! Was in the lab by 630 to start breeding toads, everything went surprisingly smoothly! Went home and got my pre-workout meal in before church, then when I got out of church I slammed a serving of Fast Fuel by RSP.......... HUGE shoutout to JP for this, because I was AMPED for this workout after taking it. I don't know what's different about it, but it took me to a level that no other pre-workout has in a LONG time (including C4 )

The pump from this workout was nigh on painful, I had plenty of carbs and water in me from the free meal yesterday, so it was UNREAL. As I mentioned before in previous workouts, the pec dec machine hurts my shoulder from an old swimming injury, so I switched to my new favorite rear delt exercise. I seriously can't even begin to describe the work my rear delts got from this... The fatigue carried over into the rest of shoulders it was so gnarly, I LOVED it! Ended up playing indoor soccer after lunch, which REALLY took it out of me so tonight is gonna be a lot of relaxing and eating

Tomorrow I've got a brutal leg workout scheduled in the AM, then gonna finish breeding the toads, get some lab work done, and then I've got my only session of wingates for the week to cap off the work day.... TIME TO GROW!
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    new log ohhh yeahh
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166196451

Fro-Yo bring the PR's and Pumps! BOOM!!!

jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Glad you enjoyed the Fast Fuel man! Keep killing it!

RSP Nutrition Store:

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Free meals giving you some GAAINZ!! LOVE that "WANT MORE" attitude!!!

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Might have to give dat dere Fast Fuel a shot off your recommendation. I've gotta stay educated on the products that we sell in my store!

Keep on killin in brotha. Breed those frogs like there was no tomorrow (never thought I'd say that)!!

6/30/14

INOV8 Elite Performance
    Cell Volumization 1
    Week 4 Day 7

-all sets 2s HARD contraction
    -NO sets to failure

Complex 1: (no rest b/w sets)

1A) Lying Leg Curl
    3x160*10
    145*10
    +1 level

1B) Adductor Machine
    4x110*10

Banded Leg Press (1 mini per side doubled, constant tension)
    4x2p+20/s*20
    +10lb
    -should have gone heavier!!!

DB Lunges (3sec negative, 2sec pause in hole)
    3x45's*8/leg
    +2.5lbs/side
    -SQUEEZE.........

Speed Squats (constant tension, stop when bar speed slows)
    4x185*8
    *done in squat shoes..... see notes

BFR Giant Set: (no unwrapping b/w exercises, 1 all out set)

2A) Leg Extension
    70*30

2B) Lying Ham Curl
    70*30

2C) BW Walking Lunges (slow and controlled)
    15 per leg

2D) DB RDL's
    55's*15
    +5lbs

Standing Machine Calf Raise (3s eccentric for 10, then drop tempo AMAP)
    3x2p*10+AMAP (13,10,8)

Cardio:
    Modified Wingates...... DEATH

Notes:
    Well this day didn't start out very well, got piss poor sleep last night because I worked all the way up to bed time, which meant my night was spent restlessly tossing and turning, dreaming about my research. For various reasons (which I won't get into) I was VERY nervous about breeding. PLUS my legs were already sore from the intramural adventures I've been having. Regardless, I really pushed the envelope again on this, intensity was through the roof, and the pump was so huge in my quads/adductors that I've got chafing marks inside my thighs lol. Cardio as usual felt like death tonight, I'm starting to get used to the completely immobilizing pump and dry heaves associated lol. Only session of the week, gotta make it count!

Getting breeding done went surprisingly smooth, I have video and pics that I MIGHT post up, I hesitate though because of animal welfare concerns (some wouldn't appreciate it). We finished injecting hormones at 11 and within 10min one breeding pair was already in amplexus (giggity!). The rest of the day was spent trying to avoid the high schooler.... her crushing on me has reached EXTREMELY awkward status, she was watching me eat lunch today (srs..................). I dunno if it's the increase from 1 to 3 days a week she's here, but I can't handle too much more of that kind of thing.

Tomorrow is a MUCH needed off day, hopefully the scale will start being more friendly (hasn't been very good recently ) and I can get some decent recovery while avoiding the high schooler. Here's to finding a bunch of fertile eggs tomorrow morning

Originally Posted by IK9 View Post
    new log ohhh yeahh
    Grow time! Thanks for stoppin in!

Fro-Yo bring the PR's and Pumps! BOOM!!!
    Ugh it also causes a serious mind - phuck on the scale. The last few days haven't been conducive to good weigh ins :/

Glad you enjoyed the Fast Fuel man! Keep killing it!
    Heck yeah man it was GREAT! Thanks dude!

Free meals giving you some GAAINZ!! LOVE that "WANT MORE" attitude!!!
    Hopefully not too much gainz lol, gotta keep it tight to maximize the improvement season! ALWAYS gonna want more!

Originally Posted by red_cat View Post
    Might have to give dat dere Fast Fuel a shot off your recommendation. I've gotta stay educated on the products that we sell in my store!

Keep on killin in brotha. Breed those frogs like there was no tomorrow (never thought I'd say that)!!
    Had at least 3 pairs doing the nasty before I left campus, hopefully all 5 pairs will pump out ~20,000 viable eggs for us

Well the scale may be up on you, but the mirror from your recent pics dont lie.
    Looking sharp.

7/2/14

AM Weight: 154.8

INOV8 Elite Performance
    Cell Volumization Phase 2
    Week 1 Day 1

-Goal is explosive concentric, hard contraction, and focused eccentric on all lifts
    -Varied tempos will be listed, otherwise no specified tempo
    -Rest as needed to facilitate maximum intensity, unless specified
    -"work" sets denoted by *

New phase, NEW GROWTH!

Single Arm DB Row (1:1:1:1, Work to RPE 8-9)
    50*8
    65*8
    80*8
    95*8
    *3x105*8 (PR)
    -No tempo challenge set:
    *105*7.5/arm
    +5lbs

Reverse Grip Lat Pulldown (Strict, 1:2:2:1, RPE 8-9)
    2x145*8
    2x130*8
    *really focus on stretching and driving through elbows

Rack Pull Pyramid Complex (3 pin heights, try to keep same weight throughout, mech RPE 9-10)
    -5 sets of warmups, work to heavy 5 (mech RPE 9)

1A) Level 1 (mid shin)
    3x335*5

Set 1 (see notes):

1B) Level 2 (up a pin)
    3x335*5

1C) Level 3 (up another pin)
    3x335*5
    *BACK TORCHED.........

Complex 2: (no rest b/w exercises, RPE 9)

2A) Chest Supported Machine Row (1:2:2:1, pronated grip, focus on upper back/traps)
    3x100*10
    -bad fit, almost face pull height

2B) Rope Pullover (1:2:2:1, Body almost parallel with floor, DEEP STRETCH and contract)
    3x40*10

2C) Wide Grip Hanging Stretch (flare lats wide)
    3x30s each
    *SO MUCH BLOOD.....

Cardio:
    None

Notes:
    Man what a day, this workout was SPOT.ON. to start things off, not a lot of exercises, but intensity was through the roof and I was COMPLETELY WIPED after the rack pulls... That first set looked hella easy, but another rep or two I would have lost back tightness and went snap your sh!t up mode. I tried to keep rest at 75s but that didn't last long, and the last reps of each level were grinders lol. I'm very happy with the DB rows too, that is an all time PR with that kind of tempo and strict form. I've done 110's with crap form but these were textbook and paused! The rest of the day was just long.... My research isn't going well (animals wont breed and people are lazy), but I was able to crank out another manuscript to committee and start a 3rd, all on top of everything else going on, so a very productive day!

On a side note, I've managed to injure a hamstring/adductor somehow. I think it was during high stance leg press last phase and then I irritated the hell out of it over the course of intramurals and then Monday's leg workout. I'm babying the hell out of it, and we'll see how my next leg workout goes (happens Friday)

Well the scale may be up on you, but the mirror from your recent pics dont lie.
    Looking sharp.
    Not as sharp as before, but not too bad, and the scale is moving downward the last few days. I don't anticipate any changes to food at the moment, and TBH I don't need it... weights are going up and I'm feeling great, so no biggie!

Take care of that injury bro. Dont make it a long term thing!

7/3/14

INOV8 Elite Performance
    Cell Volumization 1 Phase 2
    Week 1 Day 2

-Goal is explosive concentric, hard contraction, and focused eccentric on all lifts

Flat DB Press (constant tension, no pausing, work to RPE 10)
    45*8
    60*8
    75*8
    *90*8 (PR???)
    *2x85*8
    +reps, sets

Incline BB Bench (Explosive reps, sets to mechanical RPE 10)
    95*6
    115*6
    135*6
    145*6
    155*6 (called it here...)
    *stop when bar speed slows (type II focus)

Mini Band Isolateral Machine Bench (1:1:1:1, Decline focus with HARD contraction, RPE 9-10)
    3x45/s*10
    40*10
    -BLITZED.....

Seated Cable Fly (1:2:1:2, STRETCH and CONTRACT, RPE 8)
    4x30*10
    *prolly could go heavier

Cable Rear Delt Fly (no tempo, RPE 8-9)
    30/s*25
    20/s*27
    20/s*25
    -POPPIN delts!!!

STRICT Seated Lateral Raise (1:2:1:1, 30s rest between sets, Mechanical RPE 9-10)
    3x20's*10 + 10 partials
    *SQUEEZE at the top

Isolateral Machine Press (1:1:1:1, explosive reps, mech RPE 9-10)
    5x55/s*5

Cardio:
    None

Notes:
    Not been a good day... it started off pretty damn awesome with this workout, I put question marks next to the first set of DB presses b/c to my memory the most I've ever done on DB bench was 100*6, so that may or may not be a lifetime PR. Despite the great workout the rest of the day was a real struggle, I'm SUPER bound up after yesterday's back thrashing, and it's causing all kinds of odd tension in my legs and back. On top of that my toads wont breed, and one quality female dropped eggs prematurely in her soil tank, so the eggs were no good. Combine that with the original clutch we had dying from equipment failure, and various other things that have gone wrong today and it's been a piss poor excuse for a day. I'm just getting food in and hoping to start tomorrow of better

Take care of that injury bro. Dont make it a long term thing!
    Sadly I've been there done that, so I'll def. be babying it as needed

jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaredmus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    like the title the best here, feel like loads of us get to consumed , I'll be following
    Trying to improve day in and day out.

MY youtube-://www.youtube.com/user/JaredBodyB/videos

My instagram-- JaredBB22

7/4/14

Happy Fourth

INOV8 Elite Performance
    Week 1 Day 3

DB RDL's (1:1:1:1, pyramid to mechanical RPE 10)
    50*8
    65*8
    80*8
    *95*8
    *100*8
    *110*8
    *120*8
    -no lockout at top, constant tension....

Banded Leg Press (1 mini per side, 5:0:1:1, knees to chest, no lockout, to mech RPE 10)
    3x3pps*10
    -tempo was KILLER

Squats (try to maintain weight, RPE 9)
    3x185*15
    -HUGE pump

DB Bulgarian Split Squats (glute/ham focus, 1:1:1:1, RPE 8-9, no rest between any sets)
    3xBW+45*12
    *Not good.... see notes..........

Lying Ham Curls (Explosive reps, 1:1:1:1, speed RPE 10, 30-45s rest MAX)
    4x80*15

Cardio:
    None

Notes:
    Great session this morning, got a great pump from all exercises... Unfortunately I can't catch a damn break, my hammie held up beautifully but now my right glute is acting up..... The Bulgarian SS really irritated it which was very discouraging. I spent all morning breeding more toads, got some eggs from one pair and am hoping for several more masses tomorrow. Spent the afternoon driving all over the state in search of juvenile toads (srs....) and didn't find a single one, which was again really depressing (I NEED them for my dissertation), and being in the car all day really bothered the glute. I've committed to building my relationship with my pooch since he's the one who sees me the most, so I've been taking him for an easy 30min walk every night, but with my glute being a douche I had to abbreviate that. Gonna try and get some extra sleep tonight before hitting arms tomorrow. I also get my weekly froyo free meal tomorrow, and hopefully research will cooperate, so maybe tomorrow will turn out better than today and yesterday :/

Originally Posted by jaredmus View Post
    like the title the best here, feel like loads of us get to consumed , I'll be following
    Thanks dude, I completely agree.... being the workaholic I am has gotten me a LONG way in terms of respect from my colleagues, but it's def. killed any social life I had previously. Trying to improve that is killin me lol (point and case = recent string of injuries...), but I believe it to be completely necessary for my long term happiness

Fukin A bro. get those legs healed up.

I LOVE banded leg presses! SUCH an incredible movement!

7/5/14

AM Weight: 154.6

INOV8 Elite Performance
    Week 1 Day 4

NO MERCY FOR THE WEAK......

Biceps

Barbell Curl (1:1:3:1, RPE 10)
    80*8
    3x75*20
    +5lbs

Rest Pause D-Handle Hammer Cable Curl (1:1:1:1, speed reps to mech RPE 9-10, RP 10s then to RPE 10)
    80*10 + 8
    80*10 + 7
    80*10 + 5
    HUGE pump!!!

Cambered Bar Reverse Curl (1:1:1:1, RPE 9, 45s rest)
    3x50*12

BFR DB Curl (1:1:2:0, 30s rest between clusters)
    12.5's*30/15/15/15
    BLOWIN these arms up!

Triceps

Rope Pressdown (1:1:1:1, RPE 9-10)
    60*20
    50*20
    2x40*20
    *squeeze HARD, rep doesn't count if no flare out at contraction

Isolateral Tricep Dip Machine (1:1:3:1, EXPLOSIVE reps, to mech RPE 9-10)
    3x90/s*15
    Throwing plates off the machine??? You don't want any!!!

Incline Skull Crusher (1:1:1:1, No lockout/constant tension, to RPE 9)
    3x60*12
    *STRETCH behind head, then SQUEEZE at contraction

BFR Straight Bar Pressdown (1:1:1:0, 30s rest between clusters, lat pull station)
    17.5*30/15/15/15
    *SO PUMPED I CAN'T WRAP THE BFR CUFFS.........

Notes:
    Poured every bit of frustration I've been dealing with the past week into this workout.... needless to say I was scaring people off. The day actually started good, on my way to the gym I checked the animals and we had eggs! Four masses as of now, so I was already excited getting in, then my Fast Fuel kicked in! After the workout went and injected more toads with the hopes of more eggs, got some work done at Starbucks, then went HAM on some froyo for my free meal (srs... 15.2oz worth )

After that I was tweaking pretty bad from the sugar, so I did some lab maintenance, then took the dog for a nice walk. Now I'm getting the rest of my meals for the day in and finishing the work I started at Starbucks. Tomorrow is an off day from the gym, but I've got some big plans for home maintenance (yard work, laundry, etc.) so should be a pretty chill day!

Yessir!!! Only in the gym though lol, I go HAM there and after that I'm pretty toast so the rest of the day is a drag lol. Gotta keep them priorities straight after all (lol )[/QUOTE]

Fukin A bro. get those legs healed up.
    I know! they feel better today, and luckily my next leg day isn't til Wed. so they have some time to recover a bit

I LOVE banded leg presses! SUCH an incredible movement!
    NO JOKE, I love accomodating resistance, and bands IMO are much better than chains. So humbling, and the pump is INCREDIBLE!

Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000)
    In for dis ish!!!
    Instagram - @gourmetpaul

Powerbuilding Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172129013

Offering full contest prep, body transformation, and nutritional coaching. PM for inquiries.

Glute feeling better?

Nice workout yesterday bro!!

RSP Nutrition Store:

Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    NO JOKE, I love accomodating resistance, and bands IMO are much better than chains. So humbling, and the pump is INCREDIBLE!
    I feel the same way...I just don't feel chains change and manipulate the strength curve as much as many bands do

7/7/14

INOV8 Elite Performance
    Week 1 Day 5

-NO sets to failure

Unilateral Underhand Row (lat focus, leaning forward slightly)
    80*15
    90*12
    95*10
    +5lbs
    -RIPPIN THESE LATS OFF!

3 Way Lat Pulldown Giant Set (Wide overhand, narrow overhand, wide reverse grip)
    2x120-120-90*12 each
    +10lbs

Complex 1: (no rest b/w exercises, emphasize the stretch)

1A) DB Pullovers
    3x65*8
    +5lbs

1B) Rope Pullovers
    3x50*8
    -stretch, squeeze, GROW!

Incline DB Rows (SQUEEZE and STRETCH, 45s rest b/w sets)
    3x65's*10

Optional Arms

BFR Cable Pressdown (at lat pull station, 30s rest between clusters)
    Lvl 17.5*30/15/15/15
    -SO MUCH BLOOD!

BFR Cambered Bar Curl (30s rest between clusters)
    30*30/15/15/15

Cardio:
    Wingates: 5x35s w/ 2min recovery

Notes:
    No time to update fully, but this workout was PHENOMENAL... was hella spilled over from my free meal yesterday, but I literally woke up 3 different times shedding water last night, and was tight again today. Long day today, the liaison between my advisor (the grant PI) and our funding agency is making a semi-surprise visit tomorrow (last minute notice) so I have to be ready... Got chest/shoulders tomorrow before meeting with him all day, so I'll update fully tomorrow!

Originally Posted by Blazed View Post
    In for dis ish!!!
    Thanks my dude, always good to have you along!

Glute feeling better?

Nice workout yesterday bro!!
    Thanks man! It's feeling much better, still not 100% but very much improved with a lot of babying and light mobility

I feel the same way...I just don't feel chains change and manipulate the strength curve as much as many bands do
    Completely agree! Bands are a bit more versatile too, and more stable

7/8/14

INOV8 Elite Performance
    Week 1 Day 6

4am, TIME TO GROW!!!

Chest

Machine Bench Press (1:1:1:1, contraction focus...)
    175*15
    190*12
    205*10
    -EASY!!!

Slight Incline Smith Press (Narrow grip, mid grip, wide grip; last grip drop to mech. RPE 10)
    3x130*8 each -drop- 105*AMAP (13,12, 9)
    +1 set

BUSTIN out my shirt, GROWIN LIKE A WEED!

Complex 1: (no rest b/w exercises, emphasize the contraction on both exercises)

1A) Flat DB Press (2:2:2:2)
    3x65*8

1B) Cable Fly (1:2:1:1)
    3x30/s*8
    +1 set
    MORE BLOOD, I NEED MORE!!!

Shoulders

Bench Supported DB Reverse Fly
    15's*40
    20's*12 (2s contraction hold)
    25's*10 -drop- 22.5's*8 -drop- 20's*8 -drop- 17.5's*8
    -same weight, BETTER CONTRACTION!

DB lateral Raise Pyramid Sets
    2 Rounds of:
    17.5's*12 (STRICT and SLOW)
    22.5's*10 (little faster, still strict)
    30's*8 (little momentum ok, medial delt focus)
    22.5's*8 (little faster, still strict)
    17.5's*8 (STRICT and SLOW)

Triset: (no rest b/w exercises)

1A) Bent Over Cable Lat Raise
    30/s*15

1B) Side Cable Lat Raise
    15/s*15
    +reps

1C) Front Cable Raise
    15/s*15

Cardio:
    None

Notes:
    DESTROYED this workout... got up early this morning to hit the gym so I could make my 8am meeting, yet there was NO loss of intensity and passion! Every rep done with intent, whether that meant increasing or maintaining the weights... Esp. on shoulders, most of those lifts don't require increases in weight because we can always improve the form, tempo, and emphasis of the reps.

The rest of the day was pretty stressful, the meeting with our funding rep lasted 3 straight hours, and then after I spent the day dealing with both the high schooler and my own research. Still making the advisor very proud though, and things are getting easier to maintain. Basically I'm growing professionally... The one area I need to improve on is how I deal with mentoring the high schooler... she's on my last nerve and really screwed up several times today, which set us way back in work. I don't know what to do about it, seems like everything myself and my advisor try fails

On a side note, I think I wanna do a series of vlogs documenting my growth and pursuit of balance, a series that basically has me give tips for success as I myself learn them. I have a few episodes already in mind, but I don't wanna do them if nobody will watch them. I'd love everyone's input on whether it would be well received

Tomorrow = LEG DAY and free meal............... I'm ALREADY getting amped!!!

Damn you had a free meal two days ago with the froyo and another tomorrow?
    WINNING

7/9/14

INOV8 Elite Performance
    Week 1 Day 7

-all sets 2s HARD contraction
    -NO sets to failure

Complex 1: (no rest b/w sets)

1A) Lying Leg Curl
    3x160*10

1B) Adductor Machine
    3x110*10
    *cut this short to avoid irritating the injuries... still got worked over good!

Banded Leg Press (1 mini per side doubled, constant tension)
    4x2p+25/s*20
    +10lb

DB Lunges (3sec negative, 2sec pause in hole)
    3x45's*8/leg
    -INTENSE contractions!

Speed Squats (constant tension, stop when bar speed slows)
    4x195*8
    +10lbs
    *convinced flat shoes are more comfortable now...

BFR Giant Set: (no unwrapping b/w exercises, 1 all out set)

2A) Leg Extension
    70*30

2B) Lying Ham Curl
    70*30

2C) BW Walking Lunges (slow and controlled)
    15 per leg

2D) DB RDL's
    55's*15

Seated Calf Raise (1:1:1:1, 15s contraction hold + 15s weighted stretch at the end of each set, mech RPE 9)
    3x70*20

Cardio:
    None

Notes:
    Shoo what a long day, this workout was great despite not many increases. I was VERY attentive to any issues that I might have with the injuries, and they held up like a champ. The only thing that started to give me issues was the exercise that irritated/caused them, which was the adductor machine. I felt very strong on all lifts including that one, but didn't wanna risk pushing it and I'm glad I didn't, gotta heal!

Tomorrow is an off day from the gym, but I've got big plans for research, including milking sperm from toads :0 (LMAO)

Damn you had a free meal two days ago with the froyo and another tomorrow?
    WINNING
    Actually it would have been 3 days ago (Saturday), but yes I get 2 free meals a week, one mid week on a workout day that is meant to be kept somewhat clean (i.e., chipotle, steak/potato, etc.) and one on the weekend where I can have whatever I want. Helps a bunch with dealing with cravings!