Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000)
    Right now my plate storage is as low as possible on the front and rear uprights; and I cannot cleanly do rows in the rack. I need to see if I can place them both low enough on the rear, to clear when flat benching.

IronDino is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronDino is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronDino is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronDino is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronDino is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronDino is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronDino is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronDino is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronDino is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronDino is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronDino is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just want to thank all the brave people who bought this rack which is new to the market and were basically guinea pigs benefiting the rest of us who wonder if it is any good. The reviews, pictures, and video and appreciated and I like reading what you have to say. Even several years from now people will still benefit from this thread when they find it from searching etc.
    "You can make it to the top without a lot of things - but there never yet was a man who made it without the resolve to do so." (Bradley J. Steiner)

GrizzlyBW will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrizzlyBW will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrizzlyBW will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrizzlyBW will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrizzlyBW will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrizzlyBW will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrizzlyBW will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrizzlyBW will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrizzlyBW will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrizzlyBW will become famous soon enough. (+50) GrizzlyBW will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Agree with IronDino, very cool of you guys to take the risk and post your experience. After seeing the photos, reading the reviews and watching the video that Spacecoastz made (Super Helpful -- thank you!) I decided to pull the trigger and order the rack.

I'll post photos and do a video review as well once I have it in my hands.

Thanks again guys.

DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DamonB82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I just got back from my buds house, he just put his titan hd together today. I was very impressed with it, can't believe how cheap the price is.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #37 []---[]
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #4──<//>─<\\>──

gabex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I searched the thread, so sorry if I missed this, but how did you guys assemble it? What order?

I did front upright to back upright with cross member on 1 side, then the other. Then I connected with the pullup bars. I finger tightened everything. And then once it was all together, I went around counter clock-wise, from bottom to top, and tightened everything.

Unfortunately, the rack doesn't sit even with the floor. The legs seem to bow in. The top distance between uprights is 42" per spec, but it slopes in to about 40.5". I tried to pull the legs out, but doesn't seem to help. I'm wondering if there is a correct order/procedure for assembly.

I e-mailed Titan last night, so I'll probably hear back soon, but just wanted input from you guys.

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gabex View Post
    I searched the thread, so sorry if I missed this, but how did you guys assemble it? What order?

I did front upright to back upright with cross member on 1 side, then the other. Then I connected with the pullup bars. I finger tightened everything. And then once it was all together, I went around counter clock-wise, from bottom to top, and tightened everything.

Unfortunately, the rack doesn't sit even with the floor. The legs seem to bow in. The top distance between uprights is 42" per spec, but it slopes in to about 40.5". I tried to pull the legs out, but doesn't seem to help. I'm wondering if there is a correct order/procedure for assembly.

I e-mailed Titan last night, so I'll probably hear back soon, but just wanted input from you guys.

Go back and loosen all of the bolts until they're just barely snug, put a barbell on the hooks (or safeties) and load it with as much weight as you can fit on it, let the rack settle a bit and then go around the rack tightening all of the bolts. Once you finish doing that and remove the bar, the rack should be sitting flat on the floor.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)

You need to bolt it down.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1267009481

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1267906331

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1267911951
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    Go back and loosen all of the bolts until they're just barely snug, put a barbell on the hooks (or safeties) and load it with as much weight as you can fit on it, let the rack settle a bit and then go around the rack tightening all of the bolts. Once you finish doing that and remove the bar, the rack should be sitting flat on the floor.
    Interesting method. I was afraid to put any weight on it until it was perfectly straight.

Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    You need to bolt it down.
    I plan on bolting it down, but I wanted to get the posts straight first. I can't seem to get them straight.. bolts tight or not. Trying to move one leg out just moves the entire rack.

I'm thinking of moving the pullup bars to the bottom. That should give me the correct bottom spacing. And then bolt it to the floor. Remove the pullup bars, and then put them up top. Does that make sense?

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I plan on bolting it down, but I wanted to get the posts straight first. I can't seem to get them straight.. bolts tight or not. Trying to move one leg out just moves the entire rack.

I'm thinking of moving the pullup bars to the bottom. That should give me the correct bottom spacing. And then bolt it to the floor. Remove the pullup bars, and then put them up top. Does that make sense?
    Yeah, you could do that. Or just use one as a spacer between the uprights to mark the holes. I usually just hand tighten the top, measure the distance I need at the bottom and mark the holes. Then drill and loosely set the anchors before going back and tightening everything up.

Stasher's method above works well to set the rack in place before tightening it down. I wouldn't load it until you have the uprights square and anchors in (not cranked down) to hold it there. Unfortunately the design of these racks causes this inward collapse in every case I've seen.
    Last edited by GarageIron; 08-01-2014 at 07:18 AM.

Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My son and I assembled the two "sides"...that is, the two towers that each have support brackets first laying them flat, and only tightening the bolts "snug". We then placed the tower racks where they would sit, and I held the towers verticle (using a step ladder) while my son installed the pull-up bars. After that, we fully tightened the support brackets, then tighten the pull-up bars last. We found the unit to sit very flat on the garage floor, but I did notice that the bottom seperation distance of the two towers was somewhat less than the top 42 inches of the pullup bars. I drilled and bolted the left side down, making sure it was situated correctly relative to the garage walls. Then we slightly forced the right tower into the correct placement, held it there and drilled the holes. We actually made the bottom floor distance 42.25" tower to tower, since being slightly wide is better than narrow. Nonetheless, all four feet of the rack were on the floor, so we didn't have any issues relative to that. I used 1/2 by 3.75 inch wedge bolts (4).

No...I would not do that. Removing support hardward and then making the towers stand using a single bolt per foot would not be a good idea...one bump against the tower will result in a lot of leverage force for the floor bolt. If you need to, keep the pull-up bars bolts only "snug", until the feet are bolted down. And don't wimp out on the hold down bolts...they need to be 1/2"...not anything less. If one tower does not want to sit flat on the floor, either your floor is not level, or perhaps turn the support brackets of the tower around.
    Last edited by Spacecoastz; 08-01-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Originally Posted by Spacecoastz View Post
    My son and I assembled the two "sides"...that is, the two towers that each have support brackets first laying them flat, and only tightening the bolts "snug". We then placed the tower racks where they would sit, and I held the towers verticle (using a step ladder) while my son installed the pull-up bars. After that, we fully tightened the support brackets, then tighten the pull-up bars last. We found the unit to sit very flat on the garage floor, but I did notice that the bottom seperation distance of the two towers was somewhat less than the top 42 inches of the pullup bars. I drilled and bolted the left side down, making sure it was situated correctly relative to the garage walls. Then we slightly forced the right tower into the correct placement, held it there and drilled the holes. We actually made the bottom floor distance 42.25" tower to tower, since being slightly wide is better than narrow. Nonetheless, all four feet of the rack were on the floor, so we didn't have any issues relative to that. I used 1/2 by 3.75 inch wedge bolts (4).

No...I would not do that. Removing support hardward and then making the towers stand using a single bolt per foot would not be a good idea...one bump against the tower will result in a lot of force for the floor bolt.
    I assuming he meant install the bars on the bottom, loosely install anchors, remove and put one bar back on the top, and then the other. Provided he doesn't body check the uprights during this process I think he'll be ok.

I assuming he meant install the bars on the bottom, loosely install anchors, remove and put one bar back on the top, and then the other. Provided he doesn't body check the uprights during this process I think he'll be ok.
    Yep... so, basically.. remove pull-up bar 1, fasten to bottom, remove pull up bar 2, fasten to bottom, install all 4 anchors, remove pull up bar 1, move to top, remove pull up bar 2, move to top, then tighten everything.

aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been researching and following the few threads on this bargain rack. probably will pull the trigger in a week or two after i clean the basement out a bit more. Has anyone tried using a multi-grip/monkey chin for the top cross member? I'm wondering if Rogues multi-chin or something similar from Black Widow with would right in since they use that west side hole spacing which looks like 2" up there. The Rogue Matador dip looks like it would be able to fit also. This rack is looking to be a good rack for the price class.

Originally Posted by aspengc8 View Post
    I've been researching and following the few threads on this bargain rack. probably will pull the trigger in a week or two after i clean the basement out a bit more. Has anyone tried using a multi-grip/monkey chin for the top cross member? I'm wondering if Rogues multi-chin or something similar from Black Widow with would right in since they use that west side hole spacing which looks like 2" up there. The Rogue Matador dip looks like it would be able to fit also. This rack is looking to be a good rack for the price class.
    Rogue's would likely work if you remove the other pull-up bars (they are 42" and Rogue is 43"). The rack would just be an inch wider.

aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aspengc8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Rogue's would likely work if you remove the other pull-up bars (they are 42" and Rogue is 43"). The rack would just be an inch wider.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Whichever multi-chin I got with, the rack will end up being the same width. I will probably guinea pig some of the rogue attachments, as I am looking at also picking up either their spotter arms or safety strap.

Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spacecoastz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yep... so, basically.. remove pull-up bar 1, fasten to bottom, remove pull up bar 2, fasten to bottom, install all 4 anchors, remove pull up bar 1, move to top, remove pull up bar 2, move to top, then tighten everything.
    That makes sense....best of luck...I'm sure it will work out.

FIUPanther will become famous soon enough. (+50) FIUPanther will become famous soon enough. (+50) FIUPanther will become famous soon enough. (+50) FIUPanther will become famous soon enough. (+50) FIUPanther will become famous soon enough. (+50) FIUPanther will become famous soon enough. (+50) FIUPanther will become famous soon enough. (+50) FIUPanther will become famous soon enough. (+50) FIUPanther will become famous soon enough. (+50) FIUPanther will become famous soon enough. (+50) FIUPanther will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just received my 2x3 HD Titan yesterday, looking forward to assembling it later this week. They ship quick, I received it within the same week I ordered it. I'll get pics up once I'm able to.

Can anyone that owns it confirm if the Rogue Matador and Landmine are compatible?

Originally Posted by FIUPanther View Post
    Just received my 2x3 HD Titan yesterday, looking forward to assembling it later this week. They ship quick, I received it within the same week I ordered it. I'll get pics up once I'm able to.

Can anyone that owns it confirm if the Rogue Matador and Landmine are compatible?
    They should fit. I will be testing out fitment with the Matador, Monkey Chin & safety strap system early September. Technically, any 2x3 attachments should fit.

PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just want to say thanks to all those that took one for the team and picked up the first batch of these. I just ordered mine, (backordered until september 4th). Sounds like they just put their shipment on the water.

It seems pretty amazing that the comparable rogue R-3BT with plate attachments would run $1,172 with shipping/tax and this is $400 but one thing I know about asian companies is that they want volume or they will start selling through other dealers.

In the mean time I would like to get confirmation on the dimensions. I have seen 2 heights, 92" or 90". my cut off is 91" (due to when I roll up the garage door)

Look forward to hearing from others using any of the rogue attachments

From the floor to the top of the 2x3 tower, I'm getting 90.5". From the floor to the middle of the pull-up bars, I getting 86". Overall width is 46" (inside is 42", and overall depth is 29.75", not counting the plate holders. Another possible useful dimension is the 1" J-hook/sabre hole spacing...the first hole is located 24" from the floor, and the top hole is 48" above the floor...after that, the spacing is every 2", running up to the top of the tower.

mcmcguirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Only 24" Inside Depth!?

How has no one mentioned this yet?! Unless they've changed things from the earliest racks to the latest - doubtful since it was probably all the first batch, seeing as how they're back-ordered for a month now. And all the pictures I've seen posted so far, none have been 30" inside depth (I base this on seeing the same 12 holes in their racks along the sides as I've got on mine).

It's not a *HUGE* deal, I suppose - about 6" actually - but I'm glad I hadn't already bought the Rogue 30" Safety Straps, and now I'm debating turning it into a half-rack with plate storage along the back and getting safety spotter arms up front.

I called Titan this morning. The guy was apologetic and said they had gotten a few calls recently about it. But like I figured, there's not really anything that can be done. He actually tried to explain that it's 30" if you measure from the outsides of the uprights, but I was quick to squash that by telling him that not only does it specifically say: Inside Depth: 30" but also the diagram clearly shows the measurement being taken from inside the uprights and not outside of them. So I imagine they'll be fixing that misinformation relatively soon... maybe.

Slightly disappointed, but still a heck of a deal.

Originally Posted by mcmcguirl View Post
    How has no one mentioned this yet?! Unless they've changed things from the earliest racks to the latest - doubtful since it was probably all the first batch, seeing as how they're back-ordered for a month now. And all the pictures I've seen posted so far, none have been 30" inside depth (I base this on seeing the same 12 holes in their racks along the sides as I've got on mine).

It's not a *HUGE* deal, I suppose - about 6" actually - but I'm glad I hadn't already bought the Rogue 30" Safety Straps, and now I'm debating turning it into a half-rack with plate storage along the back and getting safety spotter arms up front.

I called Titan this morning. The guy was apologetic and said they had gotten a few calls recently about it. But like I figured, there's not really anything that can be done. He actually tried to explain that it's 30" if you measure from the outsides of the uprights, but I was quick to squash that by telling him that not only does it specifically say: Inside Depth: 30" but also the diagram clearly shows the measurement being taken from inside the uprights and not outside of them. So I imagine they'll be fixing that misinformation relatively soon... maybe.

I'm trying to figure out what you are getting at here. The rogue R3 is 24" inside depth. The R3BT is 30" inside depth. The rack specs look fine to me on their site... unless they just changed them or I'm missing something.

I was going to convert my R3 to something with plate storage also, but ended up just getting rid of the rack. The titan wasn't an option at the time to use for spare parts.

Also, why strap safeties on a rack with 1" spacing? Seems extremely redundant and a whole new level annoyance in adjustment.

PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10) PickUpHeavy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

The Safety Straps from Rogue look nice but at $250, I'm gonna put something together with a 5/8" forged eye bolt and some chains or wire rope.
    but as mentioned this is also the reason for 1" hole spacing so I just may give up on the whole strap idea after I have put mine together and tested with preplanned fails.

also if for some reason this bolt together rack doesn't seem sturdy enough (which I doubt) checking around on craigslist I can get a guy with a welder for $40 to weld the rack after I put it together.

mcmcguirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm trying to figure out what you are getting at here. The rogue R3 is 24" inside depth. The R3BT is 30" inside depth. The rack specs look fine to me on their site... unless they just changed them or I'm missing something.

I was going to convert my R3 to something with plate storage also, but ended up just getting rid of the rack. The titan wasn't an option at the time to use for spare parts.

Also, why strap safeties on a rack with 1" spacing? Seems extremely redundant and a whole new level annoyance in adjustment.
    They updated their site and replaced all the 30" info with 24". The R3BT is available in either 24" or 30" inside depth, but I don't think that's too relevant. I doubt they'll sell me just the 30" crossbars for less than about $200, if at all. :-D

The straps are just an option - I've seen people complaining about the pin/pipes of the Titan (maybe it's just pin/pipe complaining in general, idk), so was just preparing in case I don't like them. Now I'll probably also look around again for any swing-in safety options since I had been only searching for 30" swing-in's before.

Originally Posted by PickUpHeavy View Post
    The Safety Straps from Rogue look nice but at $250, I'm gonna put something together with a 5/8" forged eye bolt and some chains or wire rope.
    but as mentioned this is also the reason for 1" hole spacing so I just may give up on the whole strap idea after I have put mine together and tested with preplanned fails.

also if for some reason this bolt together rack doesn't seem sturdy enough (which I doubt) checking around on craigslist I can get a guy with a welder for $40 to weld the rack after I put it together.
    The Rogue Safety Straps are $165 here, but if I do end up going an alternate route I definitely want to keep the cost under half of what I paid for the whole rack! :-P

They updated their site and replaced all the 30" info with 24". The R3BT is available in either 24" or 30" inside depth, but I don't think that's too relevant. I doubt they'll sell me just the 30" crossbars for less than about $200, if at all. :-D
    I plan on using Rogue's X-43M Multi Grip Crossmember and bolting the titan rack down, so width shouldn't be an issue.

Just two quick "negatives" that I've observed with the Titan. First the inside depth of 24". If you have your plate storage down at the bottom of each tower, pointing out from each side, then you will probably have to remove all plates prior to doing deadlifts within the cage. If you have the rear storage tree pointing out from/to the rear, then there should be clearance. Second, the upper support brackets are 84.5" above the floor, and being 5' 10" with a 33" sleeve length, I come close to hitting the bottom of the bracket with the bar, doing a standing overhead press. Close, but ok. I can see if someone is 6' or taller, they will have a problem when standing doing an OHP. I also noticed that the Titan website lists the height at 90", but cites another overall dimension of 92". Ours is 90.5" tall.

Lifting4Lifee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting4Lifee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting4Lifee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting4Lifee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting4Lifee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting4Lifee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting4Lifee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting4Lifee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting4Lifee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting4Lifee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lifting4Lifee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What type of bolt and size bolt is the best in my circumstance?

Hi this is my first time posting. My titan power rack should come in today and I made a platform for it yesterday which is 2.25inches. It's very heavy to lift since i used 4 4x8 osb boards below and one 4x8 cdx plywood as the center. I was wondering what bolt I should use to hold it down securely. There's no way I will be able to lift up the platform and put bolts from the bottom, because it weighs a ton. What size and type bolts would you recommend?
    P.S. this is my first time ever building anything.
    If you reply, thanks!

Originally Posted by Lifting4Lifee View Post
    Hi this is my first time posting. My titan power rack should come in today and I made a platform for it yesterday which is 2.25inches. It's very heavy to lift since i used 4 4x8 osb boards below and one 4x8 cdx plywood as the center. I was wondering what bolt I should use to hold it down securely. There's no way I will be able to lift up the platform and put bolts from the bottom, because it weighs a ton. What size and type bolts would you recommend?
    P.S. this is my first time ever building anything.
    If you reply, thanks!
    Are all those sheets connected together? If not, then they should be. If you're dead set on using that as a platform, then I would do the following: Use the power rack feet holes and mark their location on the platform top. Next, use some wood wedges to "lift" one side of the platform and drill that side for the holes...after that, I would install T-nuts underneath while the platform is still lifted. Install some spacers for safety before putting your arm under all that weight, and use 1/2" T-nuts and quality bolts. Do one side at a time. When the platform goes back down, the t-nuts will be pressed in, and when you use bolts they will be pulled tight. You may have to custom cut the bolt length. Otherwise you can use lag bolts, but I don't think you will get the hold down power, especially with OSB. Plus I find that lag bolts are fairly weak. Best option is to bolt directly to concrete using 1/2 X 4" wedge anchors.
    Last edited by Spacecoastz; 08-07-2014 at 04:41 PM.

squatplusoats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FIUPanther View Post

it should as the hole spacings are the same. Im just making dip rings instead cause i dont have the room to put the matador on the side like its meant to go. Titan said they were coming out with one for the 2x3 but i dont see anything on their site. maybe send them an email?