Thread: Front Squats.

HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Front Squats.

Hey i just wanted to ask why are Front Squats considered more for "athleticism" for people who train for conditioning and explosiveness.
    And what is the difference in having the barbell on your back and having it right infront on your collarbone? How does it change the exercise and what are the cons and pros of both these movements?

RFabsik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RFabsik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RFabsik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RFabsik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RFabsik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RFabsik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RFabsik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RFabsik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RFabsik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RFabsik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RFabsik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Front squat places the barbell in front of your center of gravity. So in order to keep the bar in line with it, you need to be upright. The upright position will place more emphasis of the squat on your quads. Great for working quads, core and working squat depth.

Haven't heard of front squats being used for athleticism. Typically they are used ot help build the back squat and strength for the olympic lifts.

Typically a front squat will hit quads more and due to the upright position will force you to use less weight. A back squat will still strengthen the quads but more of the load is put on the glutes and hamstrings.

I feel front squats are a great assitance move and the back squat is a good general builder.

HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RFabsik View Post
    Front squat places the barbell in front of your center of gravity. So in order to keep the bar in line with it, you need to be upright. The upright position will place more emphasis of the squat on your quads. Great for working quads, core and working squat depth.

Haven't heard of front squats being used for athleticism. Typically they are used ot help build the back squat and strength for the olympic lifts.

Typically a front squat will hit quads more and due to the upright position will force you to use less weight. A back squat will still strengthen the quads but more of the load is put on the glutes and hamstrings.

I feel front squats are a great assitance move and the back squat is a good general builder.
    Oh ok, thanks!

Registered User transamdroptp08's Avatar
    transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I personally like the fronts better. I just recently moved up in weight on my rear squats thanks mostly to the fronts. I can do 315 on fronts to 90 with perfect form and they just feel better to me being tall.