aardbei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aardbei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink How come so many female bodybuilders are Nurse

As I served over the bodyspaces I saw that many of the female bodyspacers have Nursing as a profession. Is there a link between Nurses and bodybuilding?

Just curious

Bob Wills wannabe cowboyathlete's Avatar
    cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by aardbei View Post
    As I served over the bodyspaces I saw that many of the female bodyspacers have Nursing as a profession. Is there a link between Nurses and bodybuilding?

Just curious
    They can intimidate patients who don't take their medicine?
    1. I thought all along you'd be the death of me, but I met one tonight who wants what's left of me!
    2. You are so full of s***, maintenance is still unclogging the toilet.
    3. Save a horse, ride a cowboy!
    4. This mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist.
    5. I'd like to check you for ticks.

rhbrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhbrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhbrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhbrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhbrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhbrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhbrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhbrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhbrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhbrand is on a distinguished road. (+10) rhbrand is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    We can be strong enough to lift the 300+lbs patients we get in the hospital all the time. That's one reason I like to lift. Having the strength to lift the heavy patients.
    Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to!

LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    its simple really. one of the characteristics of choosing nursing as a profession, would be (or should be), the awareness of the importance of health and healthy attitudes in one's life. what better lead into a hobby/area such as bodybuilding???

best,
    ~lifer

smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000) smdiskin is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm a geologist... not a nurse....

I crush rocks for a living....

Wielding a sledgehammer requires strength, power... and tongue in cheek

Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000) Revmachine21 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Dude... I'm a finance professional specializing in business continuity management. Used to deploy global equity trading platforms for a living.

I have no interest in lifting anybody, cleaning up vomit, providing medication, or playing a supporting instrument to the medical doctors.

When there is a multi-million dollar crisis in the making, I'm the person you come to for advice. Fact is, I'm the person you consult /before/ the crisis to give you a chance of survival. I am also able to provide an extensive list of the best shoe shops in Tokyo.

The reason you are seeing anecdotal correlations between career and female bodybuilding, is that there is correlation between women in general and certain professions like nursing, waitressing, flight attending, and prostitution. Has nothing to do with bodybuilding, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Revmachine21; 02-27-2007 at 06:15 AM.
    I might be out of the woods...

TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I agree with LiftingIsLife... and, as already stated, these women have certain demands for physical strength in their line of work that probably make them start considering taking up an activity that will improve their strength. I'm a mechanical engineer and my first job (while I was still a student) was more or less a field job that included climbing 30m+ ladders, often while carrying stuff, sliding into narrow spaces with thin metal sheet edges (=nasty cuts...), carrying heavy equipment for a long time, and that's what got me into considering my shape and strength. Maybe, when you have to handle heavy, often unwilling and sometimes even hostile people, it gets you to think you need some extra power, aside from pursuasion...

Current stats:
    67 kg / 167 cm / 25-27 %bf / 28 yo
    max lifts:
    bb bench press: 7 x 55kg
    lat pulldown: 5 x 60 kg
    squat: 8 x 60 kg

SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wish more nurses would bodybuild, like the Ladies you have referenced. When you see a nurse around where I live many, many times they aren't just overweight, they are obese.

BTW, I'm not a nurse either, I own a Water Sports Equipment company.

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How come I never get the hottie bodybuilder nurse? I always get Helga The Horrible, just in from some concentration camp! In the last 5 weeks, I haven't seen ONE that was under 160 lbs and one had the balls to tell me I needed to lose weight. I told her, "You first", she was not amused.

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    How come I never get the hottie bodybuilder nurse? I always get Helga The Horrible, just in from some concentration camp! In the last 5 weeks, I haven't seen ONE that was under 160 lbs and one had the balls to tell me I needed to lose weight. I told her, "You first", she was not amused.
    LMAO...

I'm training as a Registered Nurse but I have been bbing for much longer. Recently I had a patient tell me my legs were sooooo skinny - she went on and on!
    September 2006 - 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge Run - 45:25
    August 2007 - 14km City to Surf - 77:00
    September 2007 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - Withdrawn due to stress fractures :(
    September 2008 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - 1:59.22
    May 2009 - Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon - 1:53:22

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by imperfectly_lou View Post
    LMAO...

I'm training as a Registered Nurse but I have been bbing for much longer. Recently I had a patient tell me my legs were sooooo skinny - she went on and on!
    I'd have just liked ONE to be something to look at! Your abs or legs would have been a sight for sore eyes. The last one I saw took my BP at 210/109, lol!! I took it the night before and it was 128/85, so I knew she was a tad off, lol!! The doctor wasn't amused about that. Good luck on your training! I've been considering getting a degree in nursing, contract OR nurses here in Md make BIG Money working 5 days a week. One of our friends works 5 hours a day, 5 days a week and brings home $90,000. I could do that and not have to deal with whiney customers.By the time the patient wakes up, I'm back in the operating theatre with the next patient and I'll be home by 1 pm everyday so I could train like a maniac, lol.
    Last edited by GREENFEATHER; 02-27-2007 at 03:26 PM.

jkalldredge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Because

Because we're health conscious and we can see the benefits of excersize when we're at work everyday- I work on the gastric bypass floor, you can't pay for that kind of motivation!

featherz will become famous soon enough. (+50) featherz will become famous soon enough. (+50) featherz will become famous soon enough. (+50) featherz will become famous soon enough. (+50) featherz will become famous soon enough. (+50) featherz will become famous soon enough. (+50) featherz will become famous soon enough. (+50) featherz will become famous soon enough. (+50) featherz will become famous soon enough. (+50) featherz will become famous soon enough. (+50) featherz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I used to be a computer programmer (after getting a nursing degree), but when IT jobs became hard to get, I went back to nursing. I don't know (personally) a single other nurse that lifts, so it's not THAT common. My coworkers stuff down fast food on a daily basis and stare at my chicken and brown rice.... 'So that's why you're so thin!'. Well, yeah.

thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50) thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50) thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50) thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50) thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50) thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50) thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50) thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50) thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50) thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50) thruxton will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by featherz View Post
    ...I don't know (personally) a single other nurse that lifts, so it's not THAT common. My coworkers stuff down fast food on a daily basis and stare at my chicken and brown rice.... 'So that's why you're so thin!'. Well, yeah.
    my mom does pilates and one of my coworkers does the treadmill. but in 10 years of hospital work, i have never met a bodybuilder; mostly just the opposite of healthy.

stress and weird hours will do that to you i guess?

trekrider554 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

I'm a nurse of 35 years and just started to body build. The reason I believe is because we know the importance of being healthy. As we age we notice more changes and are more aware of them then the average BEAR! We begin to want to exercise and from there the body building comes into effect.
    trekrider

trekrider554 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

I'm a nurse of 35 years and just started to body build. The reason I believe is because we know the importance of being healthy. As we age we notice more changes and are more aware of them then the average BEAR! We begin to want to exercise and from there the body building comes into effect.
    trekrider

Bob Wills wannabe cowboyathlete's Avatar
    cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I work in the Texas Medical Center, a massive complex of hospitals, medical schools, you name it. It never ceases to amaze me to see the large number of lard butts waddling around - and those are the employees! To be sure, many are average or thin, not too many bodybuilders.
    1. I thought all along you'd be the death of me, but I met one tonight who wants what's left of me!
    2. You are so full of s***, maintenance is still unclogging the toilet.
    3. Save a horse, ride a cowboy!
    4. This mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist.
    5. I'd like to check you for ticks.

LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftingIsLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by cowboyathlete View Post
    I work in the Texas Medical Center, a massive complex of hospitals, medical schools, you name it. It never ceases to amaze me to see the large number of lard butts waddling around - and those are the employees! To be sure, many are average or thin, not too many bodybuilders.
    EXACTLY!!! it is AMAZING.. my little love works at Hitchcock Medical Center up in Lebanon NH. one of the biggest and most respected medical institutions in New England. and get this, THERE ARE MORE FAT AND OBESE people working there than i have EVER seen in one corporation or factory or school or anywhere for that matter.

i just dont get it. they see UNHEALTHY people everyday by the MULTITUDE, yet they dont do anything to help make themselves healthier.
    come to think of it, maybe, just maybe, it parallels how law enforcement officers become 'immune' or 'apathetic' towards heinous crimes and very gory scenes, simply by being EXPOSED to the condition so often as routine.

i dunno.
    best,
    ~lifer

HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know some male friends who are nurses and not just bodybuilders but also into other sports. Nursing is very compatible job with bodybuilding and people into fitness, you can work how many hours you want, when you want, and where you want. leaving time for the things you like.unlike many other professions which prevent you from having a life, its different with nursing.
    "In AUSTRALIA
    Each year there are 470 000 adverse events, 18 000 deaths, and 50 000 permanent disabilities arising from medical error and negligence each year. This is four times higher compared to the USA." (Second oppinion, GERMOV quote, page 293)

353 fatal car crashes were recorded on Australian roads in 2008 (RTA, 2008). You are 50 TIMES more likely to die from medical negligence from a DOCTOR compared to being fatally injured in a car crash and they say driving is dangerous.

edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Male nurse here, although I like the sound of R.N. better.

And the point of this was... well, there wasn't one, I guess since this was about female nurses.

Carry on.

gymrat7777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gymrat7777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gymrat7777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by edible_eye View Post
    Male nurse here, although I like the sound of R.N. better.

And the point of this was... well, there wasn't one, I guess since this was about female nurses.

Carry on.
    Your silly : )
    Im a nurse also, however, i dont believe ive ever worked with or seen more than about 10 nurses that were in shape, let alone work out! and ive been a nurse for almost 6years! soooo sad, people ask me what i do to stay in shape, when i say i workout, ya know, lift weights, cardio, they just turn their noses up, most ladies are too lazy/scared to train at all!!
    Looking out for #1 for a while

missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    haha! this is pretty funny all the nurses! I'm a fitness competitor and a nursing student currently. If I had it my way, my dream is to go pro in fitness, but in order to do that, I need money... which along with the "standard" reasons for being a nurse and my love for helping people I want to be a nurse because of the hours and pay. Like you said before, I can pretty much work as much or when I want... and you can travel anywhere and find a job. So wherever fitness takes me, I'll have a backup plan! =)

edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) edible_eye has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gymrat7777 View Post
    i dont believe ive ever worked with or seen more than about 10 nurses that were in shape
    Sadly, this does seem to be the rule, rather than the exception - when working on a floor. In the city E.R. I'm at, many of the nurses I work with are in somewhat better shape, mainly because they'd never be able to get the work done otherwise.

They'd be a bit too winded...

Oh, and MsFitness - good luck with your studies.

crisrn77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm currently one of the mass multitude of female nurses that have spent the last 10 years witnessing the effects of an unhealthy lifestyle in the lives of thousands of patients, yet still could be found hanging out at the vending machine at 3 grabbing my cookies and Diet Mt. Dew.

The excuses are endless....stressful job, no time, long hours...blah, blah, blah. Regardless it all boils down to willpower and those lacking it are found in all professions (in my opinion). It just is extra hypocritical when a nurse is standing there lecturing a patient about exercise and diet and it is obvious they don't practice what they preach. Where I work it is more prevalent to have the "skinny fat" nurse (I would include myself in this category) that thinks hanging out on the treadmills together is the essence of being fit, than one in shape, much less in any way close to being a bodybuilder but that's only my experience.

By the way.....Hi Stacy!!!! Long time, no chat...hope school is going well for you!
    "Don't just dream it, live it."

missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) missfitness226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    CRIS!!!!! HOW IN THE WORLD HAVE YOU BEEN???? It's been wayy too long! How's the training and all coming!
    I'm doing the 2 year nursing program, and am halfway through my second semester. Doing lots of medsurg stuff! It's tough, but good. To be honest, if I didn't have this competition I'm preparing for, I would have probably already lost my mind with it all. But I find myself taking my nursing and anatomy books to the gym and reading them as I'm pedaling away on the elliptical for hours on end it seems like! haha! My grades have actually gotten better since I've done that, even though I've really cut carbs lately- which usually you would think would make it worse! LOL So anyway- 6 weeks from today I have my first NPC Fitness competition! Hopefully I can represent WV well! =)
    "For the best exercise... Walk with JESUS!"

STACYWRIGHT.NET

BootyBabe6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

nurses

I'm going to school to become a RN as well....always liked to keep in shape, however, I don't know that I'm working out because I'm a nurse....I see a lot of nurses who are obese like many ppl have stated before me. the ones who ARE fit know the effects of working long hours and the constant stress of the job. . . gaining unwanted weight! it helps to know that staying fit, eating right, and controlling the stress of the job will prevent me from becoming obese!
    *~Jess~*

saracattay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saracattay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saracattay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saracattay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saracattay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saracattay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saracattay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saracattay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saracattay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saracattay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saracattay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been an RN for over 10 years; I work 12 hour shifts in a busy ER. I am the only nurse there that does any kind of activity or eats a "healthy" diet and most of them smoke. )-: I do come in contact with many people who suffer because of their lifestyle:diet, smoking, STRESS, abuse of alcohol and other drugs so that does tend to spur me on to live healthy.

By the way REV; money doesn't do you any good if you are sick or dead!!!!

PumpedForJesus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am a critical care RN.

I get my motivation for lifting and physical fitness from many sources. One big motivator for me is the EXTREMELY unhealthy patients and co-workers I am surrounded by everyday. A vast majority of my patients and co-workers are either overweight or obese.

As a healthcare professional is it extremely important to me that I provide a good example of a healthy lifestyle to my patients.

My co-workers mow down on candy bars and fries while I eat chicken and oatmeal. They ask, "Why do you eat so healthy?" SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!!!! Can it be any more obvious? Most of our patients are in the intensive care unit AS A RESULT OF POOR LIFESTYLE CHOICES!!!!!! It is absolutely ridiculous that in a healthcare facility I get harassed about being committed to physical fitness.

I am pumped to see that there are other nurses out there who have committed themselves to being a good example for their patients and co-workers.