tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Decrease Sets whilst cutting - lose muscle?

I've been cutting for 3 and a half months, and am going to continue to cut for a little bit longer.

My question is if I decrease the number of sets that I have been doing will I lose muscle? Specifically I am talking about my arms, I am happy with their size now, if I get a pump they're almost bigger than I want. I have been doing 4 sets normal bicep curls, 4 sets hammer curls, 3 sets concentration curls and 4 super sets of skull crushers/close grip bench. I do 12 - 15 reps for each set. I do all these exercises for biceps and triceps on one 'arm day'. I've been doing this routine for around a year really, even through bulking, although I used more weight then.

I want to know, if I just did 4 sets bicep curls, 4 sets hammer curls and 4 sets dips would I lose muscle because the workout isn't as intense?

A further question is, if I stop doing isolation work on my triceps and just rely on my chest day to work the triceps, will they get smaller?

Thanks

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try to keep your intensity up, alongside trying to use the same amount of weight so you can try and maintain your muscle mass.

tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tiningtons has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I've been using the same weight since around the beginning of my cut, and that isn't going to change now.

thanks, Can anyone else give their thoughts/opinions on my original questions?

awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10) awbasa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why more bi work than tri work and tris are the bigger muscle?

JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JANIKvonD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I doubt you'll lost muscle dropping a couple sets of curls.....but why you dropping them? if its worked THAT well to the point you feel 'too big with a pump' (lol) why change it?

also "I've been using the same weight since around the beginning of my cut, and that isn't going to change now." ...why? dropping a bit of bodyfat shouldn't mean you're not improving on previous weights /PBs

I want to see a pic of these pythons of yours

Originally Posted by JANIKvonD View Post
    I doubt you'll lost muscle dropping a couple sets of curls.....but why you dropping them? if its worked THAT well to the point you feel 'too big with a pump' (lol) why change it?
    Basically because I think that my workouts, including my arm workout, are pretty intense and if I can get away with less sets and maintain the same amount of muscle, then I'd go for it.

Originally Posted by JANIKvonD View Post
    also "I've been using the same weight since around the beginning of my cut, and that isn't going to change now." ...why? dropping a bit of bodyfat shouldn't mean you're not improving on previous weights /PBs

I want to see a pic of these pythons of yours
    I'm not really fussed about lifting heavier, I just want to maintain what I have in terms of muscle.

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just listen to your body instead of asking us. You'll know when you suddenly just can't handle that number of sets anymore. Better to cut sets than weight.

Originally Posted by kanis999 View Post
    Just listen to your body instead of asking us. You'll know when you suddenly just can't handle that number of sets anymore. Better to cut sets than weight.
    Its not necessarily that I can't handle them, its just that I don't always want to spend the amount of time doing all the sets. I'm gonna do one week my old routine and one week my new with a few less sets and a diferent exercise. I'm working out arms now and doing weighted bench dips instead of the skull crusher/close grip bench superset.