xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xxdieharderxx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question Shrugs and progress ?

How do you progressively overload shrugs?

Lately I been adding 5lbs every session and now currently shrugging 275lbs.

Ended up hurting my lower back and sprained one of traps.. Am I not doing this right , any advice?
    "You Will Finally See, That I Am In Truth, The Superior One. The True Alpha Male."

ICF 5x5 since 6/22/13

•Japanese brah•

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by xxdieharderxx View Post
    Ended up hurting my lower back and sprained one of traps.. Am I not doing this right , any advice?
    If you've sprained a trap then no, you're not doing it right. You've probably gone too heavy.
    Bring the weight down, shrug slowly, keep the movement paused at the top. Make sure you're in control of the movement at all times. Try to avoid "rolling" your shoulders.
    One thing I've found is that seated DB Shrugs are just, if not more, effective than standing BB shrugs. And I don't need to go half as heavy with them.

hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Smile

Make sure aswell that your not bouncing when you do them, this puts a lot of unwanted stress on your shoulders. Very slowly up and down. Don't ever up the weight on any exercise at the expense of good form. You'll get away with bad form when your a beginner and lifting small weights, but if you start messing around when your holding 275 pound weights you'll do yourself some serious harm.

BrockHeth has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Your problem is probably from doing fast jerking motions. drop the weight, slow down the reps, increase reps. They will respond with more stimulus. 10 seconds of quick jerking motions will do nothing except injure your spine, shoulders etc. T.U.T!
    Dead - 365 x1
    Bench - 225 x 1
    Squat - 290 x 1
    Press - 175 x 1