Reply
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Banned ApeXXXPredator's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 2,767
    Rep Power: 0
    ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ApeXXXPredator is offline

    What's your favorite new car/truck/SUV for everyday driving?

    Seeking some expert Miscer analysis...
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    I'm Batman KilaByte's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Massachusetts, United States
    Posts: 9,911
    Rep Power: 243976
    KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    KilaByte is offline
    Because all of us actually drove all of the new cars/trucks/SUVs and can tell you first hand what our personal favorite is?


    If you're talking miscers that read something online and post it as a fact then they're a dime a dozen on this forum, most of them owned one car
    Me caveman, put round things on bar, lift, pound chest.


    2jz, S55
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Maximum Gainz 1slo5oh's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts: 7,194
    Rep Power: 93157
    1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    1slo5oh is offline
    I have had a... Plethora??.. of cars and trucks I have daily driven over the years that I have enjoyed for different reasons.

    I currently daily drive a 2012 Ford F150 Crew Cab with 200k miles on it that I paid cash for back in 2014... Still comfortable as it ever was... gets 20mpg+ (depending on if you drive it like an ******* or not). Granted its nothing special these days I just cant justify spending big money on a vehicle that's going to get a ton of miles piled on it and not to mention the abuse its going to take on Houston's $hit roads.
    6'2" @ 247lbs
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    No Huevos katya422's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2011
    Location: United States
    Posts: 8,503
    Rep Power: 116769
    katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    katya422 is offline
    Originally Posted by ApeXXXPredator View Post
    Seeking some expert Miscer analysis...
    I'm not an expert, just reasonably good at looking stuff up. Probably should have tried for a degree in library science or some such.

    You might try looking up something like "top 5" for whichever body style and then for the ones that interest you see if you can find a long term test drive and/or consumer reviews for the generation you are interested in.

    IOW maybe you want to get the 2020 version of a vehicle, but it hasn't really changed since 2016 and you could find a long term test drive for a 2017 vehicle.

    No idea if it is significant but I have found with a few vehicles now that Edmunds seems to give a lower rating to vehicles that are being discontinued- as in lower than the previous year model even if the vehicle is basically unchanged.
    INTP Crew
    Inattentive ADD Crew
    Mom That Miscs Crew
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Banned ApeXXXPredator's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Age: 51
    Posts: 2,767
    Rep Power: 0
    ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ApeXXXPredator is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ApeXXXPredator is offline
    Originally Posted by katya422 View Post
    I'm not an expert, just reasonably good at looking stuff up. Probably should have tried for a degree in library science or some such.

    You might try looking up something like "top 5" for whichever body style and then for the ones that interest you see if you can find a long term test drive and/or consumer reviews for the generation you are interested in.

    IOW maybe you want to get the 2020 version of a vehicle, but it hasn't really changed since 2016 and you could find a long term test drive for a 2017 vehicle.

    No idea if it is significant but I have found with a few vehicles now that Edmunds seems to give a lower rating to vehicles that are being discontinued- as in lower than the previous year model even if the vehicle is basically unchanged.

    Only interested in Miscer analysis. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    jack j jj jack your body nin-com-poop's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Posts: 7,448
    Rep Power: 16852
    nin-com-poop is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nin-com-poop is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nin-com-poop is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nin-com-poop is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nin-com-poop is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nin-com-poop is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nin-com-poop is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nin-com-poop is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nin-com-poop is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nin-com-poop is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nin-com-poop is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nin-com-poop is offline
    Cars with CVT transmissions. *Not srs*
    <pre><code>
    class Misc:
    def __init__(self):
    self.state = None
    </pre></code>
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    SUPERNOVA SouthDakotaBrah's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: Kansas City, Missouri, United States
    Age: 26
    Posts: 7,558
    Rep Power: 31964
    SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    SouthDakotaBrah is offline
    Originally Posted by 1slo5oh View Post
    I have had a... Plethora??.. of cars and trucks I have daily driven over the years that I have enjoyed for different reasons.

    I currently daily drive a 2012 Ford F150 Crew Cab with 200k miles on it that I paid cash for back in 2014... Still comfortable as it ever was... gets 20mpg+ (depending on if you drive it like an ******* or not). Granted its nothing special these days I just cant justify spending big money on a vehicle that's going to get a ton of miles piled on it and not to mention the abuse its going to take on Houston's $hit roads.
    F150 is a great daily driver. Super comfortable, reliable, low depreciation, can haul chit, can go off-road, etc
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User notontherug's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2021
    Age: 51
    Posts: 3
    Rep Power: 0
    notontherug is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    notontherug is online now
    X5M. Perfect sized family hauler. AWD. 600+hp/550+ lb-ft torque. You get to drive a luxurious, high-end SUV year-round, run errands, tow small trailers, and embarrass basically everyone else on the road when it comes time to get on the throttle. The ultimate daily driver. 2nd place would be a Trackhawk. A little quicker in a straight line than the X5M, but not as refined of a driving experience at all. Doesn't look as nice, build quality on Chrysler products is lower, doesn't handle as well, not as luxurious, etc. Still a great daily driver though.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    SUPERNOVA SouthDakotaBrah's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: Kansas City, Missouri, United States
    Age: 26
    Posts: 7,558
    Rep Power: 31964
    SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SouthDakotaBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    SouthDakotaBrah is offline
    Originally Posted by notontherug View Post
    X5M. Perfect sized family hauler. AWD. 600+hp/550+ lb-ft torque. You get to drive a luxurious, high-end SUV year-round, run errands, tow small trailers, and embarrass basically everyone else on the road when it comes time to get on the throttle. The ultimate daily driver. 2nd place would be a Trackhawk. A little quicker in a straight line than the X5M, but not as refined of a driving experience at all. Doesn't look as nice, build quality on Chrysler products is lower, doesn't handle as well, not as luxurious, etc. Still a great daily driver though.
    The 2010-2011 X5Ms are DIRT cheap. 2010-2011 models used the S63 engine before the S63tu engine came out in 2012. The reliability is the most questionable part of the X5M (unless you buy one of the newer ones that haven’t depreciated, but then obviously the costs shift from reliability to depreciation and initial capital cost) but yeah that engine is a beast
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Forza Italia Azzurri's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2004
    Location: United States
    Posts: 16,147
    Rep Power: 40684
    Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Azzurri has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Azzurri is offline
    We purchased a 2021 Macan Turbo as a 'company vehicle' and the thing is pretty awesome for an everyday driver.

    It's rated at 434HP, but I'm pretty sure those are 'German HP numbers' I wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to 475-500HP. The thing handle's like a sports car, so quick and turns so tight, plus all the benefits of being a SUV for hauling people and crap in the trunk.
    †Italian Crew†
    *Ohio State Crew*

    Anything easy aint worth a damn. -Woody Hayes

    Two things in life right now that I'm aiming for: Getting big and very lean, and the other is making lots of money so I can shove it in peoples faces that didn't give me the time.
    Weight: 160-----------Goal: 170-175 @ 7-8% BF

    Jays/Buckeyes/Packers/Raptors/Leafs
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User notontherug's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2021
    Age: 51
    Posts: 3
    Rep Power: 0
    notontherug is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    notontherug is online now
    Originally Posted by SouthDakotaBrah View Post
    The 2010-2011 X5Ms are DIRT cheap. 2010-2011 models used the S63 engine before the S63tu engine came out in 2012. The reliability is the most questionable part of the X5M (unless you buy one of the newer ones that haven’t depreciated, but then obviously the costs shift from reliability to depreciation and initial capital cost) but yeah that engine is a beast
    I agree. I have a 2011 that I bought with 50k miles on it and paid peanuts for. I get my auto warranties at cost (+$100) so repairs don't destroy me. It's fairly reliable, but when things inevitably go wrong, it is always incredibly pricy to repair. The engine is a beast. 555hp and 500tq. I'm looking at a Stage 2 DME tune for it, which brings it to 640hp and 620tq. It's not right that a car that large drives the way it does. Incredibly nimble and very, very fast.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Lord of the plains Nocturnal310's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Location: New York, New York, United States
    Posts: 17,889
    Rep Power: 36252
    Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nocturnal310 is offline
    Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    We purchased a 2021 Macan Turbo as a 'company vehicle' and the thing is pretty awesome for an everyday driver.

    It's rated at 434HP, but I'm pretty sure those are 'German HP numbers' I wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to 475-500HP. The thing handle's like a sports car, so quick and turns so tight, plus all the benefits of being a SUV for hauling people and crap in the trunk.
    thats the only SUV which has caught my attention..and Cayenne.

    i think SUVs are very ugly vehicles in general
    "Your problem is you spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas. All we had is what we could take and defend." - Lorne Malvo

    “I'll do anything usually if there's money involved and little work.” — Daniel Tosh

    Chef Crew | NYC Crew | Knee Draggers Crew
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts