Page 166 of 183 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,980 of 5463
    Ribbed for her pleasure. GarthVader's Avatar
    GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tacomaster View Post
    In for questions, currently on a long term cut so I can't bulk anytime in the near future, but wanted to ask you bros something. Do you ever struggle getting your cals in for the day? 3k+ seem like a lot to be honest, especially if you're eating mostly clean (i.e. chicken breast and rice). Mirin progress/physiques as well, we're gonna make it.
    lol. No one ITT eats chicken breast and rice.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer." - Arnold

USAF
    OEF/OIF/OIR

Boston Bruins, New England Patriots, Boston Red Sox, Liverpool FC.

Check out my landscape oil paintings. https://www.happypaintingsbycraig.com

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by MikeWines View Post
    Well I had like a dozen chocolate covered strawberries so I guess, yeah.

Sounds like you got a little impingement going on.

Try out this guy:

You mean like this but with plates?

It be better to utilize one of the following as ^that one doesn't really do anything besides crank on your biceps tendon since you're negating the input of gravity to the rotator cuff and just give the bicep some weak work.

Tried the cable movements this morning, my shoulders are saved.
    Eat the damn yolk.

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GarthVader View Post
    lol. No one ITT eats chicken breast and rice.
    Just had steak, quinoa, and rice for lunch. Ain't even mad doe.

Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    Tried the cable movements this morning, my shoulders are saved.
    ZING.

Been implement more of ^these lately and they help dips feel much more solid as most folks aren't strong in shoulder extension.
    B.S. Exercise Science
    M.S. Applied Sport Science and Exercise Physiology

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Just had steak, quinoa, and rice for lunch. Ain't even mad doe.

ZING.

Been implement more of ^these lately and they help dips feel much more solid as most folks aren't strong in shoulder extension.
    Slowly trying to get back into dips myself, will give a go.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    [youtube]-oWnwwxlBoo[youtube]

Odd-looking exercise, but it is hard to find exercises for shoulder extension. May give these a go if I have time today
    You lose some, you lose some. You may as well not bother

Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reko1993 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Reporting back on shark lever rows

I just used 30lbs to get a feel for them, and they felt about how I expected. I used to do kind of a lat pullover thing with cables, but it lacked about half the ROM I was looking for. Shark lever rows seem to fit that role nicely
    You lose some, you lose some. You may as well not bother

Originally Posted by Reko1993 View Post
    Reporting back on shark lever rows

I just used 30lbs to get a feel for them, and they felt about how I expected. I used to do kind of a lat pullover thing with cables, but it lacked about half the ROM I was looking for. Shark lever rows seem to fit that role nicely
    Interesting, will also report back.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Tacomaster View Post
    In for questions, currently on a long term cut so I can't bulk anytime in the near future, but wanted to ask you bros something. Do you ever struggle getting your cals in for the day? 3k+ seem like a lot to be honest, especially if you're eating mostly clean (i.e. chicken breast and rice). Mirin progress/physiques as well, we're gonna make it.
    I only struggle when its 3.5k+ and my work schedule is crazy, but not otherwise. Pasta has always been my friend.
    Bench 280x1 Dead 415x1 OHP 185x1, Chins 90x5x5 Goals: 200x1 OHP, 100x5x5 chins, 315x1 Bench, 225 Front Squat
    *Sh!tty chest, bis, back, shoulders, traps, quads, hamstrings, calves, tris, forearms, glutes, abs crew*
    LOG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160399581
    Bulged discs crew Long femurs crew

boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Serb404 View Post
    it's all about balance brother, in the end lifting is just a hobby we all like to do
    I didn't mean it necessarily like that. I've had more and more balance as the years go on (almost a decade now). But now it's almost a self-realization that while I'll continue lifting and progressing, even if slower than before, it's necessary to let it fall to the wayside if need be to progress in other areas of my life. Could just be the number of setbacks I've had lately being discouraging, but we'll see. I've always stuck it out before, but it was never like this.

Mike bro--I have a Q maybe you can answer. When I get big in offseason I tend to lose ability to externally rotate shoulder well (think side triceps pose, where it's required). It gets better as I diet down, but it isn't great and there's definitely a discrepancy left to right (left side is way worse, probably because I don't practice as much on that side = even less stretching). Have any novel stretches or methods to gain some external rotation back? I do chest stretches, lat stretches, even try and do some weird shoulder stretches but nothing really seems to nail that need.
    Use coupon code BEARD for 5% off your order at truenutrition.com

♂Nice Ass Crew♀

fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000) fafaedras is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by boosteddatsun View Post
    I didn't mean it necessarily like that. I've had more and more balance as the years go on (almost a decade now). But now it's almost a self-realization that while I'll continue lifting and progressing, even if slower than before, it's necessary to let it fall to the wayside if need be to progress in other areas of my life. Could just be the number of setbacks I've had lately being discouraging, but we'll see. I've always stuck it out before, but it was never like this.

Mike bro--I have a Q maybe you can answer. When I get big in offseason I tend to lose ability to externally rotate shoulder well (think side triceps pose, where it's required). It gets better as I diet down, but it isn't great and there's definitely a discrepancy left to right (left side is way worse, probably because I don't practice as much on that side = even less stretching). Have any novel stretches or methods to gain some external rotation back? I do chest stretches, lat stretches, even try and do some weird shoulder stretches but nothing really seems to nail that need.
    Not sure about ext. rotation to weight gained ratio, but my ****ty ext. rot. was fixed when I did cuban rotations (seated on ground, DB on knee, unilateral or - BB while standing/sitting on bench) 3x a week and focused on the movement unweighted countless times throughout the day.

Also, how can you guys struggle with 3k+? Jeez.

My natural appetite probably would take me to 3.5k easily but I would also get fat af. In summer I routinely ate 4,5k+ of "clean" food because I didn't care.

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

^This is freaking sweet, give this a quick watch. I think it's very interesting to think about this in terms of a maximal strength attempt - getting someone to smack you on the back might generate a larger sympathetic nervous system output but it comes at the cost of movement quality. When under maximal loads this could result in a higher injury potential. Just one more reason to quit with the excessive psych up and focus on driving your intent into the bar. It's just wasted energy when it's not directed at something like the weight on the bar.

Your reaction to adversity determines the outcome.

If it was easy all the time then you wouldn't really appreciate the good times, would you? Adversity shows you what you're truly made of. It can break you if you're not malleable (i.e. inflexible to change). However, it sounds like you're doing your best to adapt and push through.

Head up bro, things will get better.

I've been dealing with endocrine issues for the last 3 years ongoing and it has greatly affected my training to where I'm only training 2-3x/week. About to undergo a 24 hours cortisol screening and MRI scan of my pituitary gland but it's just the way the cards have been dealt.

Learn from your adversity and look at it as a challenge rather than a misfortune.

Tough to say what's going on without assessing you.

Here's a good "catch all" drill you can try:

B.S. Exercise Science

boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) boosteddatsun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    [youtube]Xkr1BrR4Da4[youtube]

^This is freaking sweet, give this a quick watch. I think it's very interesting to think about this in terms of a maximal strength attempt - getting someone to smack you on the back might generate a larger sympathetic nervous system output but it comes at the cost of movement quality. When under maximal loads this could result in a higher injury potential. Just one more reason to quit with the excessive psych up and focus on driving your intent into the bar. It's just wasted energy when it's not directed at something like the weight on the bar.

Your reaction to adversity determines the outcome.

If it was easy all the time then you wouldn't really appreciate the good times, would you? Adversity shows you what you're truly made of. It can break you if you're not malleable (i.e. inflexible to change). However, it sounds like you're doing your best to adapt and push through.

Head up bro, things will get better.

I've been dealing with endocrine issues for the last 3 years ongoing and it has greatly affected my training to where I'm only training 2-3x/week. About to undergo a 24 hours cortisol screening and MRI scan of my pituitary gland but it's just the way the cards have been dealt.

Learn from your adversity and look at it as a challenge rather than a misfortune.

Tough to say what's going on without assessing you.

Here's a good "catch all" drill you can try:

[youtube]GAlE4vrJjyw[youtube]
    Thanks bro! I know my reaction determines the outcome, which is why I'm trying to prioritize school and health rather than other things. My outcome wanted is just a little different than before, and there's something a bit discouraging about leaving the old behind if that makes any sense. Tough to put it into words here...:P

♂Nice Ass Crew♀

Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^Totally feel you on leaving the old behind. Struggling with that has been the story of my life the last 2 years, and kind of always has been the case. I'm also very averse to change and love repetition/patterns/routines.
    Bench 280x1 Dead 415x1 OHP 185x1, Chins 90x5x5 Goals: 200x1 OHP, 100x5x5 chins, 315x1 Bench, 225 Front Squat
    *Sh!tty chest, bis, back, shoulders, traps, quads, hamstrings, calves, tris, forearms, glutes, abs crew*

****ing Wunder, injured my wrist somehow now, good night sweet 50's
    Eat the damn yolk.

I hate wrist injuries. Had some a year or so back that made everything upper body a bitch. Sorry to hear it man. What do you mean by 50's?

Also, at one point do we need to start a new LBC thread?

Originally Posted by Prednisone666 View Post
    I hate wrist injuries. Had some a year or so back that made everything upper body a bitch. Sorry to hear it man. What do you mean by 50's?

Also, at one point do we need to start a new LBC thread?
    50kg dbs. Was getting close lol. Still a good 100 pages before that happens. You guys can let me know what you want to do thread wise. I was thinking of a group log thread too at one point.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Repetitive use injury from the whack factory?

♂Nice Ass Crew♀

I wish, either DB press, or sleeping like a potato lol.
    Eat the damn yolk.

FiteMeIrlFgt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FiteMeIrlFgt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FiteMeIrlFgt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FiteMeIrlFgt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FiteMeIrlFgt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FiteMeIrlFgt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FiteMeIrlFgt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FiteMeIrlFgt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FiteMeIrlFgt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FiteMeIrlFgt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FiteMeIrlFgt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Starting to get tendonitis in my forearms. Doing supinated curls hurts but my short heads are laggin. what do
    *anti LDAR crew*
    *Elizabeth Turner Appreciation Crew*
    *Margot Robbie Appreciation crew*

50kg dbs. Was getting close lol. Still a good 100 pages before that happens. You guys can let me know what you want to do thread wise. I was thinking of a group log thread too at one point.
    Dang man, that's a bummer. I'd be in for a group log too, would be fun.

You mean one armed forearm sprints?

Originally Posted by FiteMeIrlFgt View Post
    Starting to get tendonitis in my forearms. Doing supinated curls hurts but my short heads are laggin. what do
    Hammer curls always helped me with tendonitis. That or just taking time off

MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looking for a little advice, so have been progressing fine for the most part on all my exercises with the exception of pull-Ups.

I feel like I've been stuck at reps of 6, 5-6, 3-5 per set (that is always get 6 first set, then 5 or 6, then between 3-5 usually 3 or 4). Now granted, I couldn't hardly even manage one pull-up just 5 or so months ago so have seen progress just seemed to of slowed to a damn near crawl at this point. Usually, I will add some negatives in after failure on the last set.

Any other ideas? Do a set of chins after failure on pull-Ups?
    Heaviest: 350lbs, 45% BF

««Diehard»»
    Cincinnati Bengals | Cincinnati Reds | Ohio State Buckeyes
    ««Family Ties & Fan»»
    UTenn | WVU | Univ. Cincinnati | Cleveland Cavaliers

"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory." - Patton

Ribbed for her pleasure. GarthVader's Avatar
    GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MoeCrusader07 View Post
    Looking for a little advice, so have been progressing fine for the most part on all my exercises with the exception of pull-Ups.

I feel like I've been stuck at reps of 6, 5-6, 3-5 per set (that is always get 6 first set, then 5 or 6, then between 3-5 usually 3 or 4). Now granted, I couldn't hardly even manage one pull-up just 5 or so months ago so have seen progress just seemed to of slowed to a damn near crawl at this point. Usually, I will add some negatives in after failure on the last set.

Are they weighted pull ups? If not, try adding some weight even if it's just a nickel plate. Try to get 6 reps. I can do more body weight pull ups after I've been doing weighted pull ups.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer." - Arnold

USAF
    OEF/OIF/OIR

Boston Bruins, New England Patriots, Boston Red Sox, Liverpool FC.

Check out my landscape oil paintings. https://www.happypaintingsbycraig.com

MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GarthVader View Post
    Are they weighted pull ups? If not, try adding some weight even if it's just a nickel plate. Try to get 6 reps. I can do more body weight pull ups after I've been doing weighted pull ups.
    Nah, not weighted should of probably said that. Alright, will give that a shot guess was just thinking I should wait till I could hit around 10 bodyweight before adding weight.

««Diehard»»
    ««Family Ties & Fan»»

"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory." - Patton

____( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)__________ BabyOilBrah's Avatar
    BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you're using a bar try DBs and go lighter with higher reps.

If using DBs go hammer curls.

If still in pain rest.

I was thinking of a group log thread too at one point.

How many people you going to have logging?

Be smart and stop doing what hurts. This is a marathon not a sprint, nobody cares what you short heads look like if you can't lift up your arms to brush your teeth.

There's a million ways to approach this situation:[*]Weighted hangs[*]Accentuated eccentrics[*]Cluster sets[*]Grease the groove sets throughout the day[*]Use a band to allow for additional reps once fatigue sets in - a sort of reverse drop set but using accommodating resistance to assist the strength curve rather than toughen it.[*]Double or triple your submaximal volume[*]Just get a stronger posterior chain in general - chinups, deadlifts, one arm DB rows, etc.[/list]
    B.S. Exercise Science

Nah, not weighted should of probably said that. Alright, will give that a shot guess was just thinking I should wait till I could hit around 10 bodyweight before adding weight.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but based on your avi I'd expect you to be able to do more than 6 pullups. You're lean AF mate. I'd take Mikes advice though.

Also, did lots of hip warmups today before legs, and was able to squat comfortably. Did a 5x5 with 2 plates then did 2 sets of 15 with 135, and a set of 25 with 135 (this sucked). Everything felt on point today.

Originally Posted by Prednisone666 View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way, but based on your avi I'd expect you to be able to do more than 6 pullups. You're lean AF mate. I'd take Mikes advice though.

Also, did lots of hip warmups today before legs, and was able to squat comfortably. Did a 5x5 with 2 plates then did 2 sets of 15 with 135, and a set of 25 with 135 (this sucked). Everything felt on point today.
    Ha, it is cool man no offense taken. I had a big pump in that AVI and am fairly bottom heavy, large waist.

I don't know my back strength has always been a bit of a weakness looking back, I literally had never been able to complete a single pull-up until a few months ago when I started back on this journey. Even when I got my ass in shape the first time around going from 350 to 200, couldn't do a pull-up unassisted lol.

My form probably hasn't been great either but have been working hard to improve on that. However, plan on adding some of the ideas given in to get going in the right direction again.

««Diehard»»
    ««Family Ties & Fan»»

Ha, it is cool man no offense taken. I had a big pump in that AVI and am fairly bottom heavy, large waist.

I don't know my back strength has always been a bit of a weakness looking back, I literally had never been able to complete a single pull-up until a few months ago when I started back on this journey. Even when I got my ass in shape the first time around going from 350 to 200, couldn't do a pull-up unassisted lol.

My form probably hasn't been great either but have been working hard to improve on that. However, plan on adding some of the ideas given in to get going in the right direction again.
    Moe, here's an excellent program you can run: https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/ho...-pull-up-power

For one, it's by Pavel and was used in Russia so clearly it works and for another thing, the article was written by Dan John who's one of the best in the S&C game so it's solid methodology.
    B.S. Exercise Science

Moe, here's an excellent program you can run: https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/ho...-pull-up-power

For one, it's by Pavel and was used in Russia so clearly it works and for another thing, the article was written by Dan John who's one of the best in the S&C game so it's solid methodology.
    Thanks.

Definitely going to give that a try I think. Interested in maybe trying out the ab wheel concept mentioned in the article as well, could work out perfectly for me potentially. Only in the gym 3x a week at the moment to save money since I am stuck UBERing back and forth.

However, had thought of maybe adding in some core/ab work on off days at home during the week. Have my pull-up bar from when I was doing the calisthenics thing there for a while so would work perfectly.

««Diehard»»
    ««Family Ties & Fan»»

Thanks.

Definitely going to give that a try I think. Interested in maybe trying out the ab wheel concept mentioned in the article as well, could work out perfectly for me potentially. Only in the gym 3x a week at the moment to save money since I am stuck UBERing back and forth.

However, had thought of maybe adding in some core/ab work on off days at home during the week. Have my pull-up bar from when I was doing the calisthenics thing there for a while so would work perfectly.
    Honestly a big part of pull-up strength is getting the technique down, even though it looks like a simple movement. I'm sure once you get some practice in your numbers and back will blow up.

First upper body session of my new routine today. Switching from PPL 6x/week to upper/lower 4x or so because of life obligations.