Tiger949 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am I wasting my time and training wrong? (MUSCLE GAIN/FAT LOSS CONTENT)

Ok so I recently broke up with my girl and it definitely gave my motivation the kick it needed to get back on track. When i met her I had stopped working out maybe a few months prior. I still hit the gym every once in a while but definitely wasnt on a routine etc. I still looked good for the first 6 months of our relationship then everything went downhill from there. I had a change in career that helped bring me down in terms of my fitness. Today, I have man boobs and a gut that seemed to comeback so fast its like i didnt even notice until one day BAM. I worked for UPS management in operations so i was moving all the time and prior to that i was an hourly and had lost alot of weight and got lean too quick. I was taking ephedra as well as an hourly. SO i dropped weight very quickly (prob about 15-20lbs within no more than 6months) and i gained it back pretty dam fast as well id say in a matter of 8-10mos. Sex was my only workout at least three times a day when we did see each other- almost everyday. But my diet was ass backwards. My metablosim dropped bigtime after not moving all day at UPS and i work in an office now for at least 9 hours on my ass. I think heineken coupled with pizza and all the good stuff really put me where im at. I started smoking quite a bit of weed as well during all of this but now that is in check. Havnt in about a month or so.

As of this week i hit the gym three times. One day twice. I hit chest and Bis on one day and rowed for 10minutes on level 10 and biked full capacity for 10 minutes. A few days later i couldnt lift my arm parralel to the ground thats how i sore i was and my back got sore from the row machine as well. So i waited a few days got back in and worked out back and abs. came back later that day for 20 minutes on the bike. Im going after i write this to work out shoulders and maybe chest as it is not sore anymore. Ive been eating clean this past week with the exception of a burger and fries from fudds one night and a chocolate bar. Ive been eating 4-6 meals a day that consist of cottage cheese, veggies (usually stir fry), tuna, turkey, steak, ham, at least 5 egg whites in the morning with lean ham or turkey bacon and flourless toast with a huge glass of milk. the only cheese i eat is low fat swiss. No flour products. i've been drinking alot of 1% milk and alot of water and hat a few diet cokes throughout the week.

I guess my main question is am I going to drop weight or just keep it on and build muscle? Ive burned fat by lifting but thats when i was doing supersets and i was alot leaner than i am now to begin with. I want to be solid and lean. Should i just focus on one? Am i wasting my time? Any help would be appreciated. Also a buddy recommends otc tes which i have never tried. Only supplement I've taken was creatine which i got great results from- I didn't like the weight gain in my face though.

I am almost 23. 6' and weigh 185. I want to see my abs by summers and maybe ill just post a pic here or start a thread.

Future former fat guy lordofchaos's Avatar
    lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    1. Get a set schedule for going to the gym in, it will make it easier to stick to if you make the comitment to go and do so...
    2. don't forget legs when lifting, they are important, especially doing squats (also don't forget deads)
    3. make sure the diet is good as well as the lifting and cardio as that is the most important thing...
    A diplomat . . . is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

In the beginning was chaos, in the end will be chaos, he who rules chaos rules all

"Don't let your learning lead to knowledge; let your learning lead to action"

The only way to get rid of violence is to ban people

I've got a few bulging discs in my lower lumbar that really bother me that prevent from me from squats and deadlifts. Im working on abs praying that itll take the pain away by increasing core strength then hopefully i can do some squats because my legs do need it.

Future former fat guy lordofchaos's Avatar
    lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lordofchaos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by infinite3i3 View Post
    I've got a few bulging discs in my lower lumbar that really bother me that prevent from me from squats and deadlifts. Im working on abs praying that itll take the pain away by increasing core strength then hopefully i can do some squats because my legs do need it.
    if you can't squat do leg extensions, leg curls, and see if you can do leg presses if your gym has one of the sleds (I have found most of them support the back rather well and don't cause problems in the lumbar region, back problems are nothing to mess with though so be careful not to mess it up more in your training)
    A diplomat . . . is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

In the beginning was chaos, in the end will be chaos, he who rules chaos rules all

"Don't let your learning lead to knowledge; let your learning lead to action"

The only way to get rid of violence is to ban people

Unhappy

bumping this because i need guidance