Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Resident Gear Head SpurredSnake's Avatar
    SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000) SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000) SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000) SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000) SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000) SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000) SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000) SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000) SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000) SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000) SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000)

Unhappy Well here is my tale.(With pics, NEED motivation)(soldier)(NSFW pictures)

Graphic pictures, not for the weak stomach in this thread!!!

Well, I joined the Army when I was 17. Needless to say, I got fat and lazy. I got all the way up to around 210 lbs. I failed a few PT tests and then failed a few height/weight tests. My body fat got all the way up to 26-28%. That is pretty big for a military member. The Army gave me an ultamatium, I could pass the PT test along with the tape in 120 days or I was going to get discharged... So I busted my ass! Lost quite a bit of pounds. I busted my arse and passed my PT test (2-mile run was less than 13 minutes) and soared with my push-ups and sit-ups.

Not even a month after, I got into a horrible motorcycle injury. A truck pulled onto the highway, and I had 3 options, it the shoulder going 60, go into oncoming traffic, or hit the back of the truck... I didn't chose so I hit the back. I landed on the bed of the truck, up by the cab. My right left slammed into the trailer hitch of the truck, severely breaking (compound) my tibia and fibia, almost cutting off my penis in the process (I hit it on the tailgate of the truck). There was 6 inches of bone out of the front that was gone, and 6 inches of bone that was sticking out of the skin. Needless to say, I'm lucky to be alive. This happened on December 3rd. After multiple surgieries, I got a metal rod along with a metal plate to hold my leg together.

Sometime in January, I was depressed, getting fat... All of that. I saw a picture come across my ******** that showed a man, with a wheelchair strapped to his legs, doing pull ups... I started to cry. I felt like such a weak man... I had no excuses to be laying in bed... So 1 month and a half out of the hospital, out of all the pain, I went to the gym. I have been lifting ever since. My diet is still crap, but I'm in the gym at least 5 days a week... With crutches... All of that. People stare pretty much constantly. I feel like a pussy. Who uses crutches in the gym? So starting in April, I threw the crutches down and I'm walking again. I don't do ANY workout's that involve the legs. All I do is get weight and walk to a bench, that's as far as it goes. I'm up to 195 lbs again, it hurts, I feel like I'm hitting a platau again, all of that. I'm not making gains, not losing much... It was easy to lose weight before, all I had to do was jump on the treadmill. But I hope this finds some of you... That have perfectly good legs, good body... You have no excuses and NEVER skip leg day, you never know when it will be your last...

It is really crazy how life works... The doctor told me if I was at my original 210 lbs, he would have taken my leg... If it wasn't for the Army forcing me to get off my ass to go to the gym, I would only have 1 (ONE) leg! Really makes me wonder if there is actually a God...

Back in my early Army days (sorry for gay selfie):

Here my body before:

More pictures are uploading now!!!
    Last edited by SpurredSnake; 05-23-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    ***MOD NEGGED CREW***
    ***MILITARY CREW***
    ***MUSTANG CREW***
    "...And there I was... wetting panties and setting off car alarms for miles"
    Car parts or supplements? What a struggle...

Gear heads! Lets see those rides of yours:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162272391

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162071051
    ^^^ MY STORY ^^^(Not as motivating as CT Fletcher, but hey, maybe it will give you a little drive to hit leg day hard!)

SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000) SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000) SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000) SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000) SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000) SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000) SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000) SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000) SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000) SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000) SpurredSnake is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Wreck damage:

Last edited by SpurredSnake; 05-23-2014 at 01:09 PM.
    ***MOD NEGGED CREW***
    ***MILITARY CREW***
    ***MUSTANG CREW***

^^^ MY STORY ^^^(Not as motivating as CT Fletcher, but hey, maybe it will give you a little drive to hit leg day hard!)

CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Inspired as phook for leg day. Will be checking in Opie. Repped.
    ☆ Brave 767 crew ☆
    ☆ USA vs Germany crew ☆

☆ Exodus 15:2 ☆

___The poster formerly known as Motiviert___

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

Workout Progress/now (currently bulking):

(pic that got me back in the gym, the one that spoke to me)

Last edited by SpurredSnake; 05-23-2014 at 01:13 PM.
    ***MOD NEGGED CREW***
    ***MILITARY CREW***
    ***MUSTANG CREW***

Official 15 inches as of a few nights ago...

Done.
    Last edited by SpurredSnake; 05-23-2014 at 02:07 PM.
    ***MOD NEGGED CREW***
    ***MILITARY CREW***
    ***MUSTANG CREW***

wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Injury looks absolutely nasty mate, gutted for you. Good recovery and great to be back in the gym I bet? Keep it up.
    My Strength Training Blog: http://www.peckmeout.com/

leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    wow your making solid progress bro! nothing to be ashamed of! what is your routine looking like?

Originally Posted by wgpa View Post
    Injury looks absolutely nasty mate, gutted for you. Good recovery and great to be back in the gym I bet? Keep it up.
    Yeah... Aside from the constant pain, it feels ok. I'm now really struggling with getting a 'pump'... I just assume my leg kills the little motivation that I have left after lifting to the point where I don't want to do anything else.
    Originally Posted by leanguy09 View Post
    wow your making solid progress bro! nothing to be ashamed of! what is your routine looking like?
    I paid our resident BB trainer for a workout. I promised I'd keep the routine to myself. Cost me 75$ along with a diet. Not too bad. All the work before the wreck was a daily date with the treadmill, lifting, and a lot of abs...

Went from 26% BF to around 16-18%.
    ***MOD NEGGED CREW***
    ***MILITARY CREW***
    ***MUSTANG CREW***

leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leanguy09 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SpurredSnake View Post
    Yeah... Aside from the constant pain, it feels ok. I'm now really struggling with getting a 'pump'... I just assume my leg kills the little motivation that I have left after lifting to the point where I don't want to do anything else.

I paid our resident BB trainer for a workout. I promised I'd keep the routine to myself. Cost me 75$ along with a diet. Not too bad. All the work before the wreck was a daily date with the treadmill, lifting, and a lot of abs...

Went from 26% BF to around 16-18%.
    Homie I can respect that its cool. But your making great progress keep it up! What is your ultimate goal?

Homie I can respect that its cool. But your making great progress keep it up! What is your ultimate goal?
    This is just an idea of what I was dealing with...

You are going to laugh, but I want something around this, but without steriods... I may take a legal hormone if I feel like I'm just not gaining at all.
    But this picture speaks to me... No one really cared who this guy was until he started putting on mass for the movie Warrior... Although he did admit to taking 'roids...

But this is my official goal, as naturally as possible.
    ***MOD NEGGED CREW***
    ***MILITARY CREW***
    ***MUSTANG CREW***

The stuff that sucks the most about this is my bad leg is huge now compared to the normal one from all the hardware... So I walk around looking like a deformed dude... Sad day.
    ***MOD NEGGED CREW***
    ***MILITARY CREW***
    ***MUSTANG CREW***

mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50) mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50) mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50) mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50) mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50) mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50) mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50) mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50) mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50) mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50) mystix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ah my father was in Marines (at about my age), wreck took away his retirement. Haven't ever looked at his injury pictures yet he was in coma for few months.
    Only thing saved him was being in the best shape of his life.

Theres some great motivation videos on youtube, like CT Fletcher idk how hes so aggressive!! Then Frank http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFPsvF3UOdo
    ---- still lean still slowly bulking. ---

Yes. The doctor told me if I was as big as i originally was, he would have took my leg... Right below the knee. If It wasn't for the Army forcing me to get off my ass, I would have not had a leg right now...
    ***MOD NEGGED CREW***
    ***MILITARY CREW***
    ***MUSTANG CREW***

CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CCFD2466 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes. The doctor told me if I was as big as i originally was, he would have took my leg... Right below the knee. If It wasn't for the Army forcing me to get off my ass, I would have not had a leg right now...
    Brah. We are not here to laugh at you. You can have whatever body you want
    When you think about it...sculpting the body is really one of the only things in life we can take control of. I think deep down that's why a good bit of us take to fitness. Yougonnamakeitbrah and one day you will look back at the injury as only another stepping stone in your life.
    ☆ Brave 767 crew ☆
    ☆ USA vs Germany crew ☆

This is just an idea of what I was dealing with...

You are going to laugh, but I want something around this, but without steriods... I may take a legal hormone if I feel like I'm just not gaining at all.
    But this picture speaks to me... No one really cared who this guy was until he started putting on mass for the movie Warrior... Although he did admit to taking 'roids...

But this is my official goal, as naturally as possible.
    The stuff that sucks the most about this is my bad leg is huge now compared to the normal one from all the hardware... So I walk around looking like a deformed dude... Sad day.
    Bro I agree with my misc brother. Aint nobody here to laugh mud. Honestly that kind of the same physique I'm shooting for as well! Srs.
    Dang that does kind of suck you walking around like a deformed dude :/
    But your training is going well! I've seen from your pics how your steadily reducing bf% man!

Bro I agree with my misc brother. Aint nobody here to laugh mud. Honestly that kind of the same physique I'm shooting for as well! Srs.
    Dang that does kind of suck you walking around like a deformed dude :/
    But your training is going well! I've seen from your pics how your steadily reducing bf% man!
    Mirin aesthetics
    See Opie. We here for you brah.
    ☆ Brave 767 crew ☆
    ☆ USA vs Germany crew ☆

Here is where I'm at as of yesterday...

***MOD NEGGED CREW***
    ***MILITARY CREW***
    ***MUSTANG CREW***

Here is where I'm at as of yesterday...

Looking good brah keep it up
    ☆ Brave 767 crew ☆
    ☆ USA vs Germany crew ☆

Originally Posted by CCFD2466 View Post
    Looking good brah keep it up
    Seriously, thanks for the kind words. There is sure a long road ahead of me!
    ***MOD NEGGED CREW***
    ***MILITARY CREW***
    ***MUSTANG CREW***

Anyone? Should I keep bulking or cut now? Then rebulk?
    ***MOD NEGGED CREW***
    ***MILITARY CREW***
    ***MUSTANG CREW***

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thank you for your service!

..and don't give up!

Progress is being made!
    She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

1st Place Masters Over 60 Bodybuilding 2014

Originally Posted by deltpecx View Post
    Thank you for your service!

..and don't give up!

Progress is being made!
    What should my goal at this point be?
    ***MOD NEGGED CREW***
    ***MILITARY CREW***
    ***MUSTANG CREW***

I was going to say the same thing! Thank you for your service as well! Your doing well thus far!

brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brianphi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This brings back the feels OP. 6 years ago I low sided (cold slick) and slid off into an embankment. Compound tib/fib, lots of screws in my ankle, burst L1 in my back. Surgeons told me 1) you're lucky not to be paralyzed, don't really know why you aren't 2) if you weren't thin the surgery would have been a lot more complicated and possibly not as successful and 3) you'll probably always have pain when you walk, forget about running and jumping.

I run and jump just fine and rarely have any pain. sometimes my ankle will hurt for 30 seconds in the morning until I move it around a bit. I'll tell you what, not being able to stand up (back) for 2 months, and then not being able to walk for 6 months really puts a lot of things into perspective!

The first year was the worst tons of pain in my ankle and sometimes leg, but I elected to have all the metal in my leg / ankle removed and it was immediately better. it took me a solid 2 years before I could run and point on the leg without any pain... now I never experience any discomfort from running.

we're all gonna make it.
    The only 5k I will ever complete: rep power on bb.com

chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chasingpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sucks to see what happened to you, but at least you're looking at it in a postive way man.
    Bodybuilder/Powerlifter
    Bench- 460
    squat- 635
    Deadlift- 735

My Journey to Bodybuilding: www.youtube.com/watch?v=VopcJxRXd-I

AshLunargleam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshLunargleam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshLunargleam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshLunargleam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshLunargleam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshLunargleam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshLunargleam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshLunargleam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshLunargleam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshLunargleam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AshLunargleam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Damn! That is inspiring! Crazy what happened to your leg bro, I can't even imagine how much that must have taken to get back into working out.

jack3d14 is not very helpful. (-500) jack3d14 is not very helpful. (-500) jack3d14 is not very helpful. (-500) jack3d14 is not very helpful. (-500) jack3d14 is not very helpful. (-500) jack3d14 is not very helpful. (-500) jack3d14 is not very helpful. (-500) jack3d14 is not very helpful. (-500) jack3d14 is not very helpful. (-500) jack3d14 is not very helpful. (-500) jack3d14 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Such an inspiring post man. Thanks for sharing your story

I was going to say the same thing! Thank you for your service as well! Your doing well thus far!
    Thanks!
    Originally Posted by brianphi View Post
    This brings back the feels OP. 6 years ago I low sided (cold slick) and slid off into an embankment. Compound tib/fib, lots of screws in my ankle, burst L1 in my back. Surgeons told me 1) you're lucky not to be paralyzed, don't really know why you aren't 2) if you weren't thin the surgery would have been a lot more complicated and possibly not as successful and 3) you'll probably always have pain when you walk, forget about running and jumping.

I run and jump just fine and rarely have any pain. sometimes my ankle will hurt for 30 seconds in the morning until I move it around a bit. I'll tell you what, not being able to stand up (back) for 2 months, and then not being able to walk for 6 months really puts a lot of things into perspective!

The first year was the worst tons of pain in my ankle and sometimes leg, but I elected to have all the metal in my leg / ankle removed and it was immediately better. it took me a solid 2 years before I could run and point on the leg without any pain... now I never experience any discomfort from running.

we're all gonna make it.
    Yeah, but like the picture posted above, I really had no excuse... And yes, laying in bed thinking about all the wrong and how worthless I felt killed my ego... I'm trying to overcome all of that though. It sucks to not be able to do leg day... I miss not being able to move from all the weight I was throwing.

Originally Posted by chasingpro View Post
    Sucks to see what happened to you, but at least you're looking at it in a postive way man.
    To be completely honest, I hit my all time low... Almost commited suicide... It was rough. But I'm here now, and alife for some reason, so I'm here to find out why.

Originally Posted by AshLunargleam View Post
    Damn! That is inspiring! Crazy what happened to your leg bro, I can't even imagine how much that must have taken to get back into working out.
    Hit those legs in the gym hard for me next time!!!

Originally Posted by jack3d14 View Post
    Such an inspiring post man. Thanks for sharing your story
    I hope it gives a little motivation to those with perfectly fine bodies... I know there are a lot of people that have it worse off, but there is always better!
    ***MOD NEGGED CREW***
    ***MILITARY CREW***
    ***MUSTANG CREW***

Do any of you have suggestions for me? I'm really at a loss of what I should do. Keep bulking?
    ***MOD NEGGED CREW***
    ***MILITARY CREW***
    ***MUSTANG CREW***

Do any of you have suggestions for me? I'm really at a loss of what I should do. Keep bulking?
    In my opinion bro, I say to bulk for a few more months since you already have size on you. Then cut. Thats my opinion though.
    Your doing well!