james982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Should I keep bulking. %BF

I am 156-157lb 5'11.5. I was thinking my BF was in the upper teens but I am not sure.
    Attached Images

Registered User Deathproofcapri's Avatar
    Deathproofcapri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you really need to recheck your diet and workout plan bud. theres not much muscle to you and if you cut, you NEED somthing to cut down to. post your plans bud

RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) RedSox1990 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by james982 View Post
    I am 156-157lb 5'11.5. I was thinking my BF was in the upper teens but I am not sure.
    Upper teens is about right...you either need to rework your bulking diet or your training regimen because one or the other or both are not right. You look skinny fat with very minimal muscle. How long have you been on this bulk and how much weight are you gaining weekly? Before pics would help too.
    IG: dontstressbenchpress

Will follow back

On monday I do
    3x5 squats
    3x5 seated press (I am in my basement so I can't do standing press)
    3x5 bent over rows
    then 3x3 chin ups (all I can do)
    On wendsday I do
    3x5squats
    3x5 bench
    1x5 deadlift
    On friday I do the monday lifts again
    then for 3 days in between I do bike riding/sprints/5minutes of abs which amounts to about 45mins-1hr.
    I have been lifting for 2 years but stopped for a month at a time a few times in that span because of injury. However, I have not missed a training day for six months now. In terms of bulking it has been fairly inconsistent because of school but I have went from 145 to 156-157 over the course of those six months.
    I have no before pics but I used to be 125lb and pretty much looked the exact same but smaller.

By the way the pics I showed were in the morning and my waist expands about two inches and looks really bloated by the evening fyi.

Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tinocob is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Slow and steady bulk and you'll look better.
    Bench: 200x1 (meh)
    Squat: 350x1
    Deadlift: 375x1

It's only when we're pushed to our absolute limits then we can truly shine!

OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OutdoorsinCO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't think it would have mattered when you took them...doesn't look like you've add much if any mass.

Whats your diet look like?
    Dave

wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Workout looks good, have you been following it properly adding weight each day? If so then it must be diet orientated, are you tracking protein/fat intake?

I try to add weight each day. I am not tracking protein or any macros for that matter. In regards to diet I usually eat purdue chicken cutlets/chicken tenders peanut butter sandwiches, salami sandwich and I just count the calories until I am 300cal above maintenance which is a 2600cal maintenance according to TDEE. I also eat almonds. On a ballpark estimates when including my whey protein I think I am getting somewhere between 100-150g protein.

lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lanco123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by james982 View Post
    I try to add weight each day. I am not tracking protein or any macros for that matter. In regards to diet I usually eat purdue chicken cutlets/chicken tenders peanut butter sandwiches, salami sandwich and I just count the calories until I am 300cal above maintenance which is a 2600cal maintenance according to TDEE. I also eat almonds. On a ballpark estimates when including my whey protein I think I am getting somewhere between 100-150g protein.
    If you're not tracking macros, there is a very very good chance you aren't tracking cals properly for that matter. If you're serious about getting to where you want to be, cross the mental hurdle and just do it. Track EVERYTHING. Once you start, it's honestly not a big deal. The problem is getting started for many people...
    God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. John 3:17

Bodybuilding is one gripping hobby.

Current lifts:
    -Max bench 295 lbs. 1/15 (previous best 275)
    -Max Squat 310 lbs. 1/15 (previous best 300)
    -Max Deadlift 335 lbs. 4/15 (previous best 325)

wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yea I agree, best to get on to myfitnesspal or similar and just record everything. I'd be surprised if you were anywhere near your estimates as some foods are really surprising.
    My Strength Training Blog: http://www.peckmeout.com/

Originally Posted by wgpa View Post
    Yea I agree, best to get on to myfitnesspal or similar and just record everything. I'd be surprised if you were anywhere near your estimates as some foods are really surprising.
    Ok I will start doing that. Is the general consensus that I need to do a really slow bulk?

nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50) nuroppo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Write down everything . . everything you eat, everything you lift. Keep track of it all. Figure out what your TDEE is and eat 300-500 above that. Find a program on here, any program and follow it. Find a way to a gym. I read your work-out routine and saw you lift in your basement. While you can make some gains doing home work-outs chances are you don't have nearly what you need to make a true dent in your fitness goals. I also suggest this because you said you have been lifting for 2 years now and your results shoulda/coulda been much better. Eat well, lift heavy, and in a year you will be pleased.